RegisterDonateLogin

Affinity: Your squad may contain Bloo Milk, regardless of faction.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
jak
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:15:45 AM
Groups: Member

great as always. I really like brutality and personal shield.Cool

there is a couple pieces (GO-TO &Black Sun Leader)where the reinforcement amount is greater than the cost of the character.
that would make those 2 auto includes, since they wouldn't cost anything.
BigGrin I think character cost or reinforcement value needs adjustment.Blink
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:19:54 AM

@Surf,
Well, I wouldnt be a separatist if I didnt like/want more droids... BigGrin
But in all seriousness, they are great additions to the game, and attract new players all the time.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:42:02 AM

jak wrote:
great as always. I really like brutality and personal shield.Cool

there is a couple pieces (GO-TO &Black Sun Leader)where the reinforcement amount is greater than the cost of the character.
that would make those 2 auto includes, since they wouldn't cost anything.
BigGrin I think character cost or reinforcement value needs adjustment.Blink

Re: under-costed pieces ... You know, I never noticed that Huh I just run my cost machine and it comes out ... I'll change it when I get back tonight (can't access photobucket at work.)

kobayashimaru wrote:
@Surf,
Well, I wouldnt be a separatist if I didnt like/want more droids... BigGrin
But in all seriousness, they are great additions to the game, and attract new players all the time.

Believe it or not, just a quirk of fate and not because of your asking (although it didnt hurtBlooMilk ) I actually have 4 droid pieces coming out, 2 Uniques and 2 non-uniques with some ideas I wanted to try out.

Edit: Updated Black Sun Leader and GO-TO cards; thanks for spotting the mistakes Jak. BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2012 7:36:29 PM

So, here we are, a few weeks later. I’ve been thinking about a few things, and I remembered something I mentioned to one of the moderators in that I couldn’t understand why the V-Sets had so many new SA’s and FP’s and it occurred to me, “Duh” you can only do so much with “X” SA’s and FP’s so why not create a few of them to create new/interesting mini’s.
Not saying I did that on purpose, but it helped me think outside the box a little. A few new species yet again and one or two requested species. A few Droids and a few unique’s; I’ve avoided them lately, so here we go ….

3D-FX Jammer Droid. People wanted droids ….. If a droid can Relay Orders, why not a droid that can Jam communications? Should have “invented” the ability for my Gloom Walker “ Interference Box” trooper.

C-3PX. He’s been on the backburner for awhile, so my take on him.

Cathar Blaster-for Hire. We’ve already got a Crimson Nova Cathar so a little different view of her.

Celegian Explorer. Wook says they’re explorers so explore away.

Chewbacca, Galactic Hero. Much discussion has been around for a few years about no NR Chewie. My take on him before his sacrifice and my take on the Wookie Life Debt.

Coruscant Undercity Dweller. An off the wall species so just another grubby undercity type.

Cragmoloid Nomad. New species, new SA. Just an idea.

Darth Phobos. Another backburner piece I’ve been thinking about for awhile. Recently found an acceptable pic, so my take on her. Definitely an offensive weapon, not sure she’d last long at all against shooters.

Dressellian Commando Leader. So fewe Dresselians and a natural piece for the New Republic. Kill two birds with improving Rebel commandos and allowing them into the NR.

I-5YQ. Anothe rnew droid, another new ability; again just an idea.

Krish Hunter. Not a BH, but I guess more a big game hunter type since the species liked to ”hunt.”

Lepi Jedi Knight. A requested species. These two were actually hard to find; just some new ideas for fun.

Lepi Scout.

Morrigan Corde. I could’ve built arounf Moff Callixte, but I went for her fringe career instead. Gave her some synergy with Kol and Cade.

N2-CRD Smuggler Droid. This is the pic that made me want to do more droids; a sentient, rogue droid.

Nar Shaddan Hired Gun. A request on my mini Nar Shaddan subfaction. Thought about making her a member of the Hutt Cartel; may do it later ....

Old Republic Elite Commando. I thought about this guy for awhile and two ideas came to mind. We had no OR commando’s and some commando’s were picked for suicide missions, so a commando with Self Destruct.

Outer Rim Thief. Another of my mini sub factions; the Outer Rim faction. A nuisance type piece.

Senate Aide. I’m sure the Senate had messengers, so why not a sentient with ”Relay Orders?”

Squib Thug. Carrying my nuisance idea a step further. What else would a Squib be??

Swoop Bike Assassin. Liked the pick; why not another swoop bike type that’s Not connected to the Dark Hellion’s.

Talortai Bounty Hunter. A rare species, I bumped into him and went with the with it.

Triffian Thief. I just realized I’ve created three thieves, and not a one has door gimmick. Shouldn’t they all have that??

Tusken Bounty Hunter. Another of my Tusken’s. If you can have a unique Tusken BH (Sardu Sallowe) why not a non-unique.

Xexto Militia. I quirky pic, a quirky species so why not. Just another grunt otherwise. Got to have some common pieces too ....

I never know if I make mistakes or am even going in a good direction so comments as always, are greatfully accepted. Hope you enjoy these ....
CerousMutor
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2012 10:39:09 PM

Epic. but OR snake needs

Cardboard Box instead of movment; can only be attacked by adjacent enemies this turn.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 5:39:43 AM

Woohoo new droids AND C3PX!! one of my favorite droids; how does he evade though? fakes a fall to the ground and while laying prone shoots the stuffing out of the enemy?

I really like the Xexto Militia and the Senate Aide pieces; great work on these.
Im not so sure about the 3pt coruscant underdweller piece - a bit broken for 3pts to get both draw fire and evade...
Very nice work otherwise, you've done it once again BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 6:51:24 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Woohoo new droids AND C3PX!! one of my favorite droids; how does he evade though? fakes a fall to the ground and while laying prone shoots the stuffing out of the enemy?

I really like the Xexto Militia and the Senate Aide pieces; great work on these.
Im not so sure about the 3pt coruscant underdweller piece - a bit broken for 3pts to get both draw fire and evade...
Very nice work otherwise, you've done it once again BigGrin

If C-3PO can be an Ewok Diety and have be sitting down And have draw fire and evade, why can't a scared Undercity Dweller running for his life? True, he's only 3 pts but for 5 pts C3PO Ewok God also has Disruptive and more defense and hitpoints!

If C-3PO can evade, why not C-3PX?

Thought you'd like the droids BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:12:52 PM

Actually, I was just thinking I may be slowing down because my pic sources seemed to be drying up and the pics give me some of my ideas ... and suddenly I seemed to find a new batch, which is actually already finished. I may get time before weekend, if not, by saturday with any luck.

Still debating generic Jedi, even started thinking about a seperate thread, possibly, for my themed groups (Pirates, Spacers, Fringers, Tatooine groups, Hutt Cartel, The Exchange, Black Sun, Infinite Empire, Zann Consortium, Chiss Ascendancy, Elite Mercenaries ... never realized how many sub groups I've worked on over the years ....

Film at 11 ..... BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 1:05:35 PM

Been busy and I’ve actually got a lot of cards done. Some of them are pretty good, one or two are admittedly more filler than anything, but hey fodder has to come from somewhere. I’d still love to hear from other cardmakers out; anybody else out there? I also would like to know if there’s a particular faction anybody would like to see; other than Vong I’m reasonably decent at most …. Anyway, away we go …

Advanced Youngling. A youngling ready for his padawan step.

Aqualish Militia. Cheap fodder with squad cover instead of Advantageous Cover.

Bartokk Bounty Hunter. New species for fun.

Borneck Miner. My “Big” fodder piece. They’re pacifists; I wanted to use the pic but I couldn’t do much with him other than making him a civilian …. Maybe something will come to me …..

Central Interface Droid. My robotic version of Lobot I guess is the closest I could come up with as a comparison.

Cerean Jedi Knight. A new generic Jedi; I’ve made several this time round. I’ve finally figured out what I haven’t done, generic species-wise so I’ll be doing a few next few groups.

Feeorin Enforcer. Another addition to the Hutt Cartel sub faction.

Gotal Black Marketeer. These guys never seem to be very friendly, so I gave an enmity to Republic and they sell something nasty. He’s also somebody you want to target fairly quickly if possible.

Gungan Thug. Someone that looks like he’d like to get into fights after a drinking binge.

Iktotchi Jedi Knight. An Iktochi Jedi other than Kit.

Jawa Guard. A Jawa more likely to shoot first rather than scurry around.

Kaleesh Tribesman. I wanted to do a Kaleesh slightly different from the earlier Warrior I did.

Khil Outer Rim Rogue. Another Outer Rim mini. A rogue that is into a few different things and has different uses.

Kobok Trooper. New species, different ability with the Sleep Venum idea which acts like a Stun ability.

Kolto Tank. Kolto was sort of an advanced Bacta in its day, so a slightly different take.

Omwati Jedi Knight. Another fairly new species and generic Jedi.

Ongree Trooper. A new species. Not many Ongree in Wook other than the two Jedi; not much on the species either.

Ossus Youngling. A Youngling for the New Republic.

Sith Security Enforcer. Someone that would be back in the home Sith territory and suitably scary.

Talz Jedi Knight. I’ve had him for awhile but never got around to him. He’s generic but actually my version of Foul; he’s in a V-Set so I released him as a generic.

Tusken Emissary. A quirky idea with a new ability, “Neutral Observer.” Someone you don’t want to mess with which is probably what you could say about anyone half savage in a town.

Tusken Healer. Liked the pic. Why would aTusken be offering liquid? Make it a healer ….

Warrior of the Shadow. A Mando “bridge” between the Taung and the first real Mando. They’re probably the group where Mandalore the First rose up from.

Yevetha Warrior. A nasty character. Still thinking about the “Quick Study” ability; like the idea, not sure how to word it quite right yet, so here it is as of now ….

Zam Wesell. I always thought she had potential but was overpriced. Reworked as simply a “good” bounty hunter.

Comments always welcome. I’ve got another 25 already done … when I have time away from the family … maybe next weekend??
kobayashimaru
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:42:19 PM

Great work Surf!
Im enjoying the jedi,
Zam's update is overdue and welcomed! I printed her out and superglued her to (one of) her actual cards! Im about to convert a Zam figure from the Epic Duels game into SWMs (theyre about the same height), so this is a great card for that figure.

In terms of work/innovation...
I think, perhaps due to the amount of great work you have done already, that you are approaching some limits in terms of the stat cards. You've made many, many cards already; and if anyone deserves a 'long service leave' rest, itd be you Surf.
That said, I would hate to see you retire. I think there's a little room left to move within your subfactions/vehicles and terrain.
I (im loathe to say it) I think ive got enough droids now (although I always enjoy generic new species jedi) and the occasional subfaction piece.

I would like to see you return to your custom-making roots, although I gather youre busier these days.

Then there's the fringes... the more exotic, esoteric (grotesque even?) miniatures such as the Kingdom Death style (and others). Thats a whole brave new world of miniatures expression out there, waiting to be explored BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:45:07 PM

Koba, glad to hear that Zam was useful. I'm not burned out as such, just dithering about how to proceed, although to be honest I've probably got 40+ cards in various stages plus another 15-20 pics on the front backburner. I've got a dozen or so generic Jedi, 4-6 droids, etc. I'm just not sure what sub factions to work on .... maybe shadowports like Point Nadir BigGrin

or Taris? The Coruscant Undercity?
Deus Sol
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:18:53 PM

Great job on all of these! I just wanted to tell you a little about wording; for example, on Force Blind for the Cerean Jedi Knight, you don't need to say "blah blah blah, no save," you just need to say "blah blah blah," because the no save is implied. Also, giving close-quarters combat to melee attackers kinda seems silly to me - why not just give them +4 base?
Anyway, I love your ideas, I love your cards, I love you creativity! ThumbsUp
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:58:30 AM

Deus Sol wrote:
Great job on all of these! I just wanted to tell you a little about wording; for example, on Force Blind for the Cerean Jedi Knight, you don't need to say "blah blah blah, no save," you just need to say "blah blah blah," because the no save is implied. Also, giving close-quarters combat to melee attackers kinda seems silly to me - why not just give them +4 base?
Anyway, I love your ideas, I love your cards, I love you creativity! ThumbsUp

Thank you for the comments. Never noticed that about the Close-Quarter ability; have to remember that ... as to the "implied" parts of an ability, after 32 years of teaching, I never take "implied" for granted with my kids BigGrin But I do appreciate the thoughts!
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 9:34:04 PM

Ok, first off, apologies to the Universe. Here I was, minding my own business working a slew of cards (got almost 55 card ideas mostly done and awaiting final costing, when I got hit by an idea.
I was ideas and looking at my minimanager when I saw Malakili, the Rancor Handler, in the “Vengeance” V-Set. I don’t pay much attention to the V-Sets as a rule just so I don’t get influenced by them; but I had a “Jabba’s Palace” sub set cooking on the backburner for a few months and I wasn’t sure about releasing it. This particular mini 10 card set has a lot of strange, new Custom Abilities on it and I showed my off-the-wall sense of humor more than normal, but what the heck … why not …..

Barada, Chief Mechanic I realize the R&R released a Klatooinian Captain that was a non-Unique version of this guy, but here’s my version that I’d done last summer (Never could find a decent pic.) He’s one of the reasons I wasn’t sure I wanted to do this mini set, but again, what the heck ….. BigGrin

Bib Fortuna, Majordomo I always thought that while he acted like an idiot in the first trilogy, he was a dangerous idiot. My take on Bib.

B'omarr Abbot I always thought the Monks were too overcosted to be really usable. I wanted to try to work with them and came up with these two pieces.

B'omarr Initiate

EV-9D9 Supervisor Droid The “evil” Droid that tortured droids ….

Jabba, Desilijic Lord I wanted to create a Jabba more in tune with a Hutt Cartel sub Faction. I’m curious about the Hutt Cartel Informers ability ….

Malakili, Rancor Wrangler Again, apologies to the V-Set people. My concession was to rename him to show a younger Malakili … I was happy that we at least took different views of his abilities ….

Oola Poor thing, destined to be Rancor meat ....

Sy Snootles My version is the type of character that is capable of killing Ziro in cold blood.

Tessek, Jabba's Accountant Possibly my biggest question mark. Does Hutt Reserves 20 balance out the off-kilter “Cook The Books” ability? Well …. He IS an accountant.

Hey what can I say … it was an off-the-wall mini set idea and I couldn’t resist. Comments, as always, welcomed.
We will now continue with our regularly scheduled programming. BlooMilk
qvos
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:36:48 AM

Excellent job as always. My fav's are Chewy GAlactic Hero, The Kolto healing machine, and OOLA(because she is OOLA) nice work!BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:44:04 AM

qvos wrote:
Excellent job as always. My fav's are Chewy GAlactic Hero, The Kolto healing machine, and OOLA(because she is OOLA) nice work!BlooMilk

Actually, Thank You for mentioning Oola; I looked at the original card and noticed a mistake (since fixed.) I'd hope I did Chewy justice and if some people liked it, I must have done ok BigGrin
crazybirdman
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:31:34 AM

Cool stuff.
I'm not understanding how cook the books is supposed to work though.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:02:28 PM

crazybirdman wrote:
Cool stuff.
I'm not understanding how cook the books is supposed to work though.

Thanks for the comment! After looking at the card to see why the confusion, I fixed it. It should've said get 25 points for a cost of 20. "Cooking the Books" is doublespeak for illegal bookkeeping which will explain why you get 25 pits at a cost od 20 .....

PS - I also fixed a misspelling on another card; being a one-man operation, I don't have the help/quality control the V-Setters have. I always appreciate the second eye pointing out my silly mistakes.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:45:34 AM

@surf,
I see: so Cooking the Books works in conjunction/effects the Reserves ability? Sweet!
Its a pretty neat Hutt sub faction you've made for us!
Its worthy of custom making attentions, id take a stab at it when Ive got the time. BigGrin

I'm thinking that civilians could be featured more often, with an SA like :
Bounty x, where X is the cost of the civilian in victory points on top of the usual.
Hostage: like bodyguard, but for adjacent 'evil' characters or characters with Bounty Hunter or Savage.
And of course, for the night escorts of the galaxy...
Draw Fire. BigGrin
And they could be cheap fodder too, or 'neutral'/NPC's for matches. Id recreate the cantina scene with a couple of the civilians caught in the crossfire... muahhahah. Maybe even recreate the Open Seasons comic book?
Any thoughts?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:28:40 PM

Well, I guess the Jabba “Mini Set” didn’t go over well; hardly any comments whatsoever. Oh well … moving on. Maybe this group will be better. So, submitted for your approval …

Arcona Customs Official I Accept Bribes; something different if for no other reason than to amuse myself. Come to think of it, my card making hobby can be described pretty much the same way …….

Aurra Sing On Swoop Bike The more I think of it, Twin, Mobile and Blaster Barrage may be a bit broken … and on a swoop bike …..

Bith Chief Quartermaster I never understood the Mando Quartermaster. The title denotes a supply officer; he doesn’t give them anything except a higher attack. This guy gives the NR troopers some supplies.

Bothan Rogue A new piece for the Hutt Cartel.

Cerean Field Medic A medic for the NR ...

Cybot I always thought that anybody/thing that can plug into a computer should be able to be “aware” of its surroundings.

Galactic Alliance Marine I seem to be on a NR kick lately.

Givin Technical Specialist Has Cloaked to increase survivability since his real use is as a nuisance.

Hutt Cartel Spy Love the pic; I’m thinking, if you win initiative, this guy could move in and administer a killing blow against some piece ….

Kopecz Dark Lord of the Sith A companion piece for Khan that also helps the minions.

Kubaz Weapons Specialist Liked the pic; never hurts to have another Kubaz.

Miraluka Jedi Knight My Random FP generator came up with a strange mix of abilities for her.

Mirialan Jedi Padawan Another strange mix of Force Powers ......

Nar Shaddan Security Droid Well … another Hutt Cartel piece ….

Nautolan Sharpshooter Like the pic; a shooter for the Old Republic.

Outer Rim Hunter I looked at my list (yes I actually have a list) and noticed my Outer Rim sub faction was my smallest. I’m trying for quirky on the Outer Rim and this guy fits.

Pa’Lowick Fringer I see this guys just sitting back lobbing grenades at people …

Quarren Traitor The Affinity is to cover myself when I create Quarren characters from other factions; the Traitor is to stick it to Mon Cal’s which is what the Quarren like to do ….

Rattataki Force Adept This guy may be more dangerous than some Jedi I’ve created …..

Talortai Jedi Master The same race as Urai Fenn; A rather powerful Jedi Master .... I think ....

Tatooine Trader Not sure why I created him … I seem to have a fixation with Gonks lately ….

Trandoshan Warrior Plenty of Trandoshans but no designated fighters/warriors.

Veteran Jedi Consular A more useful Jedi Guardian than the 2 we have.

Veteran Mandalorian Mercenary Liked the pic; We have a Death Watch merc but not a real Mando merc?? Yes he doesn’t have Mercenary in his abilities; neither do several other official pieces …..

Yuuzhan Vong Shamed One A generic Shamed Vong.

I actually have 3 more sets in various stages of completion. I may get to them in the next few weeks …..

@Koba. I actually have quite a few NPC/Civilian pieces I’ve made but only released one somewhere on the first page or two …..

Well, don’t know how these’ll do, but as always, comments welcome ….. BlooMilk