RegisterDonateLogin

Cheaper than a Universe booster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:17:08 AM
Groups: Member

Love the new cards! That is an excellent picture for Tavion's card.Wub Nice choice, I didn't notice that one in my search. It's a better one than the two I found. Love it! Love

My favorites from this batch are Lowbacca, Tavion and Thrackan. Those are three I've been wanting to make too. The Selkath and Xexto look to be a lot of fun to play. ThumpUp As well as the Jedi. Nice work surf rider!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:50:08 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
The Xexto tech.... wow! Im liking this piece ALOT! Alot of synergy with the seps... and a few handy abilities with decent base stats. Fragile, but awesome. I'd consider removing the targetting word "ally" from Droid Splicer on this piece, and perhaps make it sight also? That could be a lot of fun.

Yes, I didn't want it too strong, they look fragile. Gonna stare at the "ally" bit and review the sight possibilities.

kobayashimaru wrote:
Tavion may need a little tweaking, but seems functional as is. Maybe include some beam-scepter attack as a force ability that siphons force at a distance, replaces attacks, and either defeats the enemy or steals all their present force points, save 11? I think that would up her cost to 60-ish, but she'd be suitably nasty... Sort of a reborn subfaction glass cannon with a kicker. BigGrin

I never played that game, and the more I look at her, the more possible abilities pop up, when I put everything that I'd originally wanted to, she came out at a cost of 61! I just couldn't see her being stronger than Desaan or Jerec. If Yoda had Every ability he probably could have, he'd be huge. Can't cram everything in, so I went with whats there.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2011 4:44:39 PM

Wow ... 45 views since this morning .... guess I must be on the right track .....

Anyway, I actually had a quiet day at work; made a few new cards at lunch three of which are rare species in the SWM universe.

I saw this Abyssin pic and tried to come up with the flavor of the species

Again, a rare Ortolan (besides Max Rebo.) A trader by profession? Not much about Ortolans in general on Wook

Clawdites are interesting; tried to come up with a Clawdite ability, not sure if the Shapshifter ability works or not

Lastly, another piece in my Jedi Temple mini’s … not sure how well he’ll work out

I’ve got a few more I made but it’s late; need my sleep ... finally going to actually play a few rounds of SWM's tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Haven’t played since early summer … probably won’t roll worth a dang if the last time is any indication BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2011 3:18:06 PM

Got my butt kicked this weekend in a few rounds of Tile Wars … oops, wrong forum ….
Customs … yea,Ok … Where was I? … as usual, I found some interesting picks

Some love for the OR, with a Squib

and a Caamasi; What would a Caamasi do during a war?

Some Feeorin

Not that another Sep commando was needed but I saw the pic … shoot me BigGrin

I thought I’d already posted this; saw the V-Setters were making a version and I wanted to get my Nimbus Commando out before they made theirs officially ….

Watched a Clone Wars episode during the Tile Wars game … thought I’d throw these three out ….

Sugi

Embo … I thought he was the most interesting of them all

Rumi Paramita

SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 6:45:06 AM

Sweet new customs surf rider! The last three there I have in the works too. Wink I already have a Zabrak mini set aside to make a Sugi custom. Not sure what I'll do for Embo though. BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 7:43:47 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
Sweet new customs surf rider! The last three there I have in the works too. Wink I already have a Zabrak mini set aside to make a Sugi custom. Not sure what I'll do for Embo though. BigGrin

Embo sorta reminds me of a Cad Bane Lite ... maybe a small enough toy hubcap?

I have some Hapans I've been working on, a few Jedi, a Cathar or two; I can't seem to make up my mind what faction I want to work on next.

Squelch, How's the Mini Calculator working out?

PS ... Reading the new SW book Riptide, and this character jumped out at me .... Nyss Nenn. Couldn't make up my mind whether to make him Sith or just Rapport with Sith ... made him Fringe.

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:14:42 AM

Vacation time and Happy Holidays.

I’ve been in a Old Republic mood all week, so to continue
Loved the pic, and another Vurk never hurts. BigGrin This is my favorite pic that I’ve found from my surfing. Perhaps the Jedi Instructor head and the Klatooinian body?

I know we have a lot of Rodians already, but why not?

A Spotter droid. Again why Not?

I just did a OR SIS Agent, but I liked the Twi’Lek pic. More than one type of Investigator out there.

Fringe

We needed more Gran ….

... more Devaronians ….

... and more Tsuur.

Going with my Clone Wars TV characters, Jedi Master Tera Sinube

A Zabrak Jedi Padawan; think he may be overpowered, not sure what to take out; liked the pic though.

Happy Turkey Day!
Derf
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:17:18 AM

Wonderful work !
You've got a private message ! ;)
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 1:14:28 AM

Excellent work on the new customs surf rider! I have 5 or 6 T'Surr, and that picture and stat card makes me want to make a custom mini to go with it! ThumbsUp Woot

I haven't gotten a chance yet to check out the Mini Calculator. I just finished up school this last week. Finally have my 2 year degree. I graduate in December. I will be checking it out over the weekend now that I have some free time. Wink Thanks again for sending it to me. BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 2:29:18 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
Excellent work on the new customs surf rider! I have 5 or 6 T'Surr, and that picture and stat card makes me want to make a custom mini to go with it! ThumbsUp Woot

Glad to hear I've given you something to think about, and congrats on the school work; hope it helps.

After Turkey yesterday, while the women gossiped and the boys watched Football, I had one eye on the TV and the other surfing for pics ... I was bad and found over 100 pics that have possibilities. I'm frankly swamped with ideas and don't know where to begin. Anybody have any ideas/requests on species/characters? I hope I'm not opening Pandora's Box on this one BigGrin
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 5:06:47 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:

Glad to hear I've given you something to think about, and congrats on the school work; hope it helps.

After Turkey yesterday, while the women gossiped and the boys watched Football, I had one eye on the TV and the other surfing for pics ... I was bad and found over 100 pics that have possibilities. I'm frankly swamped with ideas and don't know where to begin. Anybody have any ideas/requests on species/characters? I hope I'm not opening Pandora's Box on this one BigGrin

Thanks man! I'm really happy that I have this degree under my belt and completed. Now it's time to find a higher paying job. Wink Right now I work in a clean room at a Microchip manufacturing plant. I should now be able to go from a temp job there to full time with a nice sized pay increase. ThumbsUp

Sounds like you had a good Turkey Day. Smile Ours was pretty good, went to my brothers house. Unfortunately my wife Glare wouldn't let me bring my laptop. So I couldn't work on my customs or visit Bloomilk. Sad But I did watch a lot of football and ate till I almost burst.

Well as far as requests for new custom characters, I like to see new species. Preferably from the species that WotC never got around to making. It would be nice if some custom mini's could easily me made from the ones we currently have. That or not too difficult to create with a little help from Greenstuff. ThumpUp

Other than that it would be nice to have some new customs from species we have that they didn't make a lot of. Smile
markedman247
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 5:14:18 AM

Re: Sinube
Possible to make movement Speed 4? He seemed to take his time. Attempting a custom of him but need to find the right snout. dugs are good choices.

Re: Shapechanger (Clawdite)
Try "At the start of the skirmish, choose one Racial special ability on a unit in your squad, this character gains that special ability for the remainder of the skirmish." So, if you choose Ugnaught, then you work with Ugnaught boss. Etc. Granted species isn't defined as of yet, but saves on having to list every legal species.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2011 4:23:39 PM

markedman247 wrote:
Re: Sinube
Possible to make movement Speed 4? He seemed to take his time. Attempting a custom of him but need to find the right snout. dugs are good choices.

I thought of that ... but gamewise, would an old Force character act their age? Palpatine in the first trilogy was "old" but there's no penalty; likewise Dooku. This is a tough call and I can definitely see your thoughts .... Yoda was 800 yrs old and he gets to move at Speed 6 Cool

markedman247 wrote:
Re: Shapechanger (Clawdite)
Try "At the start of the skirmish, choose one Racial special ability on a unit in your squad, this character gains that special ability for the remainder of the skirmish."

So, if you choose Ugnaught, then you work with Ugnaught boss. Etc. Granted species isn't defined as of yet, but saves on having to list every legal species.

So, are you saying pick a charcater, announce you have a Clawdite, but not disclose which one he is until the 1st attack, and continue using that charcter mini even though he's obviously the Clawdite?

@ Squelch, you wanted some new species, I’ve got these Jedi, a droid, and an Old Republic unique; probably do some different species as Fringe this weekend. Got some interesting new ones ... gotta think what "Occupation" and abilities they have ....

Now, some Jedi; Cathar, Chagrian, Dug, Feeorin, and a Selkath.

I thought this was an interesting pic; gave the Droid something slightly different.

Finally, Tott, Donetta; Lots of other big name OR Jedi, thought I’d throw him out.

kobayashimaru
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 1:53:50 AM

@Surf
Wow! By the force, theres a bunch of awesome stat cards just begging for minis so they can get out and play.
I like the species specific design youve done for each of the jedi: they really fit in for the epic scene. The poses you chose for each are also great!
Nothing seems too broken, though i wont have time for a bit to playtest them rigorously...
Im really impressed by the Sinube stat card, and look forward to seeing markedman247's approach BigGrin
Now we have HEAPS of aliens to pepper our games with, and build c/uc themed armies around.
Great work surf!
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:28:06 AM

I promised myself I'd finish a book this weekend before doing any interesting species for the Fringe, but Markedman's Savage Opress mini inspired me to move this card to the front of the line. I'd thought of all kinds of Impulsive this or that but settled for Savage and Overwhelming Force.

kobayashimaru
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:16:49 PM

It encapsulates the character quite well I think, and its not too overpowered. Up to 40 dmg with overwhelming force is nice as a grunt killing capacity, and with savage and double attack it balances this damage feature.
The limited force suite also suits, great work! BigGrin
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 2:05:09 AM

Re: Shapeshifter
Basically, chose a species gain the benefits from that CE. Now, the trouble is that species isn't defined in the game yet. At the start of skirmish, use a Clawdite (example of recommended mini: Neimodian Soldier) and then say this character is a Wookiee since you have Merumeru in your squad. Now it is obvious what the mini looks like as a Neimoidian doesn't look anywhere near a Wookiee but he won't be lost in a bait and switch. I think it would be a simpler abstraction for game mechanics. I understand your idea, upon reread, but it could lead to possible abuse. "Haha, that was no Caamasi Noble, that is a Clawdite." "I thought you said the Ewok Glider was?" Even worse so if you are using Rodian Brutes as swappers and trying to keep track of which is which. You can use a small rubber band but then you lose the deception advantage. In other words, it is hard to be sneaky in a game that relies on visual honesty to use abstracted ideas, see Reserves for no points or Doglith Masquers marked on cards.

Granted, I am out of the game right now so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Re: Tera Sinube.
This may take a while on my first try and l, well, the body and neck is too wide and the Dug's head is too small. Going to be rough first try.

SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 2:52:15 AM

Blink OMG That is a Wicked Looking Savage Opress custom surf rider! Excellent choice of SA's and Force Power. Love it! ThumbsUp
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2011 2:45:35 PM

@Marked

Yea, the problem with Shapshifter is I've looked at other peoples takes on the Ability an I didn't like any of the descriptions; I can best say my description is still a work in progress BigGrin

I've got 14 non-unique cards done of mostly odd and all non-human species. But I'm bound and determined to finish watching a movie and try to finish reading my latest book ... maybe post them tomorrow. Cool
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 1:40:24 PM

Saw the movie ... still reading but whatever ...

So, I ’ve got a pile of new ideas. Half go in today, half either tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on the wife’s honeydo list

Bith Scout. Not many Bith characters …..

Clantaani Desperado (Hey, he IS a Star Wars EU species)

Dug Enforcer

Givin Gambler. Had to think about this guy; what would mathimatical genius's do in a fight?

Neti Jedi Knight; a very rare species

Savrip Bodyguard. Hey, they’re intelligent and can speak Basic, so why not ….

Sluissi Tech; another rare species

Talz Mechanic. Just an idea ....

Weequay Slaver