RegisterDonateLogin

Understands the binary language of moisture vaporators.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Buffacon December 8th Buffalo, NY (Update 3.1) Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:15:31 AM
Groups: Member

pastorbudwine@mac.com wrote:
With that said we will have 1 hour 15 minute rounds and gambit is 15points. We will see if there needs to be any restrictions placed on acts and characters for next year as we play the event this year

Sure, I can work with that. I had a number of different squad builds floating around in my mind for the various different format options, so this clarifies things for me: Ewok swarm with deathshots and charging fire and self-destruct 30!!!!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:36:30 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
With that said we will have 1 hour 15 minute rounds and gambit is 15points. We will see if there needs to be any restrictions placed on acts and characters for next year as we play the event this year

Sure, I can work with that. I had a number of different squad builds floating around in my mind for the various different format options, so this clarifies things for me: Ewok swarm with deathshots and charging fire and self-destruct 30!!!!

That seems abut right.... LOL
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:40:35 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

I like the way you spell! Eh? ThumpUp
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:54:33 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

I like the way you spell! Eh? ThumpUp

Yeah, I now have to get in my zed 28 and grab me some lunch, so I can get home in time to watch reruns of the Beachcombers! Wink

thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:57:20 PM

lol...it has been far too long since I've hung out with you, Gerry! I can't wait until next Friday!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:40:27 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
lol...it has been far too long since I've hung out with you, Gerry! I can't wait until next Friday!

Likewise matey! It's gonna be a trainwreck next week. Eight people are crash landing at Chez Nader with a possible ninth.

You, captaingig, Hinkbert, Lady Nuthedge, emtjoe, jak, Juice Man, TimmerB123 and possible stlrd2!

We should have twelve for the 100 pt tourney, truly amazing!
Hinkbert
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:19:00 PM

I'm gonna chime in here a bit. As a player that likes his tank squads I can appreciate activation caps, but I don't think we need one for this format. As Gerry already pointed out it nerfs certain squads, plus it makes certain other squads (specifically those built around a little OR lady) much more powerful because you don't have to worry so much about being out activated.

jak
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:21:48 PM

I also, agree with everything, everyone has said.
trainwreck, blast,fun, crashin' @ Ger-bear's, seeing all my gencon buds,cruisin' w/Joe & Tim, and who knows who else.playin Tim again?, listening to Gerry's, Josh's, & Trevor's wisdom in SWM. remembering Bill's advice during our final 4 match-"competitive play, Jak, competitive play" -weed the card game-LOL

I few things I'd like to say too:ThumbsUp
I think pastor bud, should run the 300 pt tourny, with any limitations he likes.
that way we know in advance, what the rules are. so we won't debate them during the game it's self
Sunday is Gerry's epic 500
Saturday is Pastor Bud's 300 tourney
let us, please let them, run them, with as little input from us, as possible.(lot o' ,'s in that sentence)
this will be easier for the players to simply follow the established rules
let's not decide what is best, until we try it
I have never played in a 300 pt tournyNew
I have never played in a epic 500 run by GerryNew

Heart I would love to do both, and much, much moreHeart

C-ya guys, Friday, next
excuse my language, but I feel a nergasm coming my way

peace & Wub
Jak

ps- I can't believe we're still keeping a dead game alive.
let's have some more fun playin' the game we love
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:38:11 AM

I am excited too Jak... I have spent all Week molding to finish the trophies and with the pieces I had left over I was able to design a x-wing and a friday night follies trophy. They really turned out cool. the x-wing I tried to do a death star trench. it came out looking cool though a bit small (we will just say it is from the perspective of the falcon when the realize the death star was not a moon), and for the friday night trophy I made a sick bay model.Figured someone might need one with all of the "Follies" going on that night.

P.S. Just to recap because of some recent comments here are the rules for the 300pt tourney. which I am completely fine with.
Cost 20 Dollars and includes lunch
1 hour and 15 min Matches
15 points for gambit must be scored using a piece that is at least 15 points and was not brought by reserves
restricted map list (everyone must have their own map)
Everything else we will use the standard floor rules for

I will be swinging by Gerry's house later on friday night. my wife has her office party and we should be through around 8 or 9 it is in Clarence, ny so not to far from Gerry

My youth group has a fully stocked snack bar that will be available to us all day. most items are like 75 cents, and it goes to a good cause we are trying to build a well in a third world country.

Lunch will be delivered around noon (thanks to my wife) so after the first round we can take a extended break for lunch then continue.

We should get done around 6-7 then take a break for dinner (there are plenty of food places near us) after dinner we will have a x-wing tournament We will see how many people want to play but I was thinking a 5 dollar entry fee with winner takes all.

I will need a bit of help with the x-wing tournament I have never run one nor been to one, so you guys who have be ready to help me with rules and judging

I will need some help putting up chairs for our service in the morning so after we are all done if you are able to help with that for about 20 minutes that would be greatly appreciated

gerry has all the details for sunday and you can look at older post to get those details.

Any Questions Please Ask. Look forward to seeing you in 9 days!
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:00:26 PM

BTW if any of you have x-wing maps 3x3 size please bring them. I have 3 and can get one more. it would be nice if we had access to one or two more if we need them.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:35:17 PM

Cool stuff! Big thanks to PastorBud and Gerry for hosting/running all the exciting festivities! I hope things go well, and I'm willing to help in any way that I can. See you guys not-soon-enough. :)
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:16:10 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Cool stuff! Big thanks to PastorBud and Gerry for hosting/running all the exciting festivities! I hope things go well, and I'm willing to help in any way that I can. See you guys not-soon-enough. :)
+1

Looking forward to a lot of fun!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 2:55:19 AM

PB just to you are aware, Chez Russell is located in Lockport. A wee bit further north than Clarence.
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 3:42:47 AM

I know but clarance is a we bit farther north that where I live so if makes it a bit easy however if you could send me your address that would be great
christophercook
Posted: Saturday, December 1, 2012 9:19:25 AM

So there has been a lot of talk about the limitations and it got jumbled up so just wondering what we have agreed on.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, December 1, 2012 1:44:48 PM

christophercook wrote:
So there has been a lot of talk about the limitations and it got jumbled up so just wondering what we have agreed on.

Nothing jumbled, just discussed.

75 min rounds & 15 point piece to score gambit.
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 1, 2012 7:56:44 PM

@ DNLove

what about epic 500?

#1 - are we using the restricted map list we used at GENCON, or the one from Jan.2012?
#2 - is the AT-AT legal in your event on Sun. the 9th?

veritas
jak
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 1, 2012 8:00:01 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:

ThumpUp explain this 100 pt tourny in more detail, please.Cool

DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:13:41 AM

jak wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

ThumpUp explain this 100 pt tourny in more detail, please.Cool

Please to review earlier posting in thread for info, all you seek shall then be revealed.
jak
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:16:26 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
Regarding the "Friday Night Follies" at Chez Russell...

It is time, O yes time I say for a good old 100 point tourney!!! Bring whatever map strikes your fancy for a fast paced 30 min time limit no holds barred skirmish. Bomb

And yes there will time enough for other follies. Such as Expanded Weed, X-Wing, Poo and many board games.

thanx Ger!
I did find" the answer I was looking for" LOLThumbsUp LOL