RegisterDonateLogin

Is in command now.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

BEFORE ENDOR: Standings, Schedule, and Results Options
jak
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:22:10 AM
Groups: Member

General_Grievous wrote:
A Rebel task force is moving to recover a data file from an old Yavin sanctuary in one standard rotation. We are hoping to avoid any Imperial entanglements and hopefully Deena Shan as well... Hahaha

WE SHALL BE WAITING
GA JAK, SCE
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:10:18 AM

jak wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
A Rebel task force is moving to recover a data file from an old Yavin sanctuary in one standard rotation. We are hoping to avoid any Imperial entanglements and hopefully Deena Shan as well... Hahaha

WE SHALL BE WAITING
GA JAK, SCE

Oh yeah? *menacing defiant voice* well then so were we...

Wait that doesn't make any sense??
Who's my writer? A Ms. Shan? Oh fracking come on!!! Fire this person already!
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:40:57 PM

Imperial Forces led by Grand Admiral Thrawn set up an ambush to eliminate a Rebel recovery team. The only problem was the team was counter ambushed, by Snowspeeders. The Imperial forces fought hard against all odds even downing a Snowspeeder in the firefight. But regardless of their commanders skill, the odds were against them. And several strafing runs later the Imperials were defeated, the data module was recovered and victory for the Rebellion was won that day!

Also the bounty Hunter Dengar was felled by my forces.
Thrawn lives to fight another day, but he is badly wounded

Soon we shall have victory against the Republic! Soon we shall raise Coruscant to the ground! Put Palpatine's head on a stake and avenge Dooku!

Basically picture that Helicopter scene from Apocalypse now and replace it with Snowspeeders and the Viet Kong with burning Imperials. We still lost Jenson though.... Savages...
jak
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:56:27 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Imperial Forces led by Grand Admiral Thrawn set up an ambush to eliminate a Rebel recovery team. The only problem was the team was counter ambushed, by Snowspeeders. The Imperial forces fought hard against all odds even downing a Snowspeeder in the firefight. But regardless of their commanders skill, the odds were against them. And several strafing runs later the Imperials were defeated, the data module was recovered and victory for the Rebellion was won that day!

Soon we shall have victory against the Republic! Soon we shall raise Coruscant to the ground! Put Palpatine's head on a stake and avenge Dooku!

Basically picture that Helicopter scene from Apocalypse now and replace it with Snowspeeders and the Viet Kong with burning Imperials. We still lost Jenson though.... Savages...

TO: GEN. GRIEVOUS
SUBJECT:YOU UNFAILING LOYALTY

WE ARE PLEASED TO OFFER YOU THE POSITION OF 4 STAR GENERAL IN THE MIGHTY RANKS OF THE EMPIRE.
YOUR LOYALTY AND MILITARY GENIUS ARE WHAT IS SORELY NEEDED BY OUR EMPEROR.
PLEASE RESPOND VIA THIS SECURE CHANNEL AS TO YOUR DECISION.
GA JAK, SCE
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:19:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

General_Grievous wrote:

Ummm... was Thrawn used in 2 skirmishes this Round?
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:40:23 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

That is the way I'm reading that, messaged Jak.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:41:57 PM

If so he just got beat twice hahaha
aequitas_7007
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:57:07 PM

Ya super important to make sure the 2 losers played fairly...
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:12:55 PM

aequitas_7007 wrote:

Gotta make sure all the rules are followed win or lose BigGrin especially for the sake of future rounds.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:24:19 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
aequitas_7007 wrote:

Gotta make sure all the rules are followed win or lose BigGrin especially for the sake of future rounds.

Acknowledged, this one is fine though, as Aequitas said it didn't win the game for this round and it's corrected for future ones.
jak
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:50:36 AM

I suck more than I thought I didBlushing
see what happens what have a coup d'tete??
people get killedThumbDown
sorry guys for my mistakeSad
Jak

I HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE NEXT TO THE LAST TIME.
GA JAK, SCE
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:04:22 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
aequitas_7007 wrote:

Acknowledged, this one is fine though, as Aequitas said it didn't win the game for this round and it's corrected for future ones.

Sadly, the rules state after an illegal allocation that the Unique may not be used in the rest of the war. The Imperials may not use Thrawn again.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:29:17 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Well, he is a master tactician. He's just that good.
aequitas_7007
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:51:02 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
aequitas_7007 wrote:

Sadly, the rules state after an illegal allocation that the Unique may not be used in the rest of the war. The Imperials may not use Thrawn again.

Wow so the imperials get screwed by our supreme commander quitting and someone steps up and does best job he can and we are getting punished for the inevitable confusion resulting from that. That's awesome. We also have a rebel guy getting imperial orders and playing his gf. I am glad you guys are so concerned about making this "fair"
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:08:03 AM

Be advised that my match with captaingig will be held on 11/19, do to business travel this week.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:09:08 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
aequitas_7007 wrote:

He was slain in any event, however I do believe the Imperials still have access to GA Thrawn.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:14:49 AM

It isn't a question of "fair" it is a question of "fun". This is the most fun I've had in awhile with SWM. Somebody gives me who I can use and my opponent gets the same thing. All that is known is he is playing Imps.
Sadly, Thrawn is jak's error. Don't know what to do about the Reb in Imp clothing. Maybe he could make his squad before his gf gets her orders?
aequitas_7007
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:26:41 AM

juice man wrote:
It isn't a question of "fair" it is a question of "fun". This is the most fun I've had in awhile with SWM. Somebody gives me who I can use and my oppent gets the same thing. All that is known is he is playing Imps.
Sadly, Thrawn is jak's error. Don't know what to do about the Reb in Imp clothing. Maybe he could make his squad before his gf gets her orders?

Says the rebel. It's not "fun" to have your entire team have major disadvantages due to our leader quitting. But whatever guess the rebels who have a stranglehold on this game already need to do everything in their power to win
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:40:51 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
aequitas_7007 wrote:

He was slain in any event, however I do believe the Imperials still have access to GA Thrawn.

The Imperials may not use ANY version of Thrawn.

aequitas_7007 wrote:

Wow so the imperials get screwed by our supreme commander quitting and someone steps up and does best job he can and we are getting punished for the inevitable confusion resulting from that. That's awesome. We also have a rebel guy getting imperial orders and playing his gf. I am glad you guys are so concerned about making this "fair"

The rules about Uniques are clearly put forward in the Rules post. I asked Jak if he had any questions when he took over, I asked him to review with the other SCs. He made a mistake, it happens. But it still broke the rules, and It is my job to enforce the rules. As an Imperial player I'm not thrilled we can't use Thrawn, but we will deal with it. Jak taking over after one week isn't really an issue. He still volunteered just as Shmi15 did and should be expected to follow the rules.

I don't know anything about the Rebel player getting Imperial orders, if you think that is an issue, then the SCs may need to find an alternate way to contact the Imperial Player.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:50:20 AM

aequitas_7007 wrote:
juice man wrote:
It isn't a question of "fair" it is a question of "fun". This is the most fun I've had in awhile with SWM. Somebody gives me who I can use and my oppent gets the same thing. All that is known is he is playing Imps.

Says the rebel. It's not "fun" to have your entire team have major disadvantages due to our leader quitting. But whatever guess the rebels who have a stranglehold on this game already need to do everything in their power to win

I don't know what to say about the Imperial(s) who have their pieces funneled through a Rebel. Perhaps the Imperial SC should just refuse to give any allocation through a Rebel. Surely a guy's gf has her own email address, even if she isn't on Bloomilk.

When shmi15 stepped down, that was certainly unexpected and caused some serious headaches. I wrote the ruleset pretty much expecting a number of players to not get their games in, but I expected the SCs to be the most devoted players. (Shmi15 came up with the whole idea for the campaign, after all!) I guess we should have had a 2nd in command built into the rules.

The referee (AndyHatton) is an Imperial. That was intentional - I wrote the rules and I'm a Rebel. So I think the final interpretation should rest on the other side.

It's not fun to be down big in a game, but that could just make the comeback more dramatic. Games in later rounds are progressively worth more points, so the campaign isn't out of reach by a long shot.