RegisterDonateLogin

How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

BEFORE ENDOR: Standings, Schedule, and Results Options
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:19:52 PM
Groups: Member

Do not give up fellow rebels; one small defeat will not lose the war
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:41:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The Imperials win the battle, but it may be Pyrrhic victory... General Weir is defeated. A couple of good Rebel uniques are lost, but still plenty of good Hans left, as well as a couple of good Chewbaccas.

Imperials over the Rebels on points (by 2!)

Map: Outlaw City

Uniques lost:
Chewbacca, Rebel Hero
Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
General Weir

I'll let the victor give the details.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 3:28:55 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
The Imperials win the battle, but it may be Pyrrhic victory... General Weir is defeated. A couple of good Rebel uniques are lost, but still plenty of good Hans left, as well as a couple of good Chewbaccas.

Uniques lost:
Chewbacca, Rebel Hero
General Weir

Losing HanTrooper hurts the Aces but the demise of Weir is crippling. Outlaw City is one of my favorite maps of all time must have been a doozy of a skirmish!
jak
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 6:41:50 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:

Losing HanTrooper hurts the Aces but the demise of Weir is crippling. Outlaw City is one of my favorite maps of all time must have been a doozy of a skirmish!

screwNew Weir!Razz
the squads led by him in the first 2 rounds lostThumbDown
even the SCECool couldn't win with WeirThumbDown in his squad
plenty more uniques to lose before the game is over
peace
Jak

GENERAL WEIR SACRIFICED HIS LIFE FOR AN IMPERIAL VICTORY
HE IS A TRUE HERO
VERITAS & AEQUITAS
GA JAK, SCE
juice man
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 8:11:35 PM

jak wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

screwNew Weir!Razz

Perhaps Field Commander JM had something to do with that?Wink
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 8:33:52 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Uniques lost:
Chewbacca, Rebel Hero
General Weir

If the victor doesn't want to give details I guess I will.

Rebels started out on the right - Imperials on the left. Rebels set up mostly in the garage waiting - claiming gambit first round with Kazdan's surprise move. Super-stealthed Storm Commandos moved into the northern street. Rebels got a decent lead to start. 10pt lead on gambit alone. Then picking off a couple stormtroopers and Jedi-Sith clones, leaving the Empire with little to no fodder remaining. Rebels had just lost a couple of Mon Cal Techs or Bith Rebels.

In the eastern street, Han ran all the way up the street to catch a vulnerable Storm Commando for 30 damage (Opp+20 through Versatility and then Shields blocked 10dmg). Chewie bodyguarded from behind. Han and Chewie then joined the rest of the Rebels inside and just outside the garage. The Imperials came in through the lobby doors and put quite a bit of damage on the Han/Chewie combo. But with the Imp's R7 was gone, the Rebels pulled off the following... lock the door to save Han and Chewie. Then after the Imperials ran out of activations...

* Munitions Commando blows open the door.
* Chewie runs forward - he's supposed to get a Cleave with momentum as he's adjacent to 2 storm commandos, but he only takes out one as he misses the second attack.
* Han then is able to run past Chewie - taking an AoO (but letting Chewie Bodyguard it) and then moving in adjacent to FOUR super-stealthed Imperials. Furious Assault doesn't kill any of then, but it hits 3 of them, taking Weir down to 20HP, Arica down to 30, and a Storm Commando down to 10.

Rebels win a crucial init the next round, but Chewie blows it. He takes the AoO to get adjacent to both Weir and a damaged Storm Commando - setting up for a Cleave to kill both. Needing a 6 to hit, he should have combined fire with one of the Troopers standing outside the door. But it didn't matter... he rolled a 1 against Weir. No defeat, no cleave, no nothing. Both Han and Chewie go down quickly in the next two activations. Kazdan is able to finish off Weir finally, and then he ran away. Imperials desperately need to kill Kazdan for a victory - time is running out so it's the last round - and now he's hiding behind a bunch of Rebel scrubs. The Imperials manage to take out the Rebel Leader and another scrub, but it doesn't look like it's going to be enough.

A Rebel trooper combines fire with two other Rebel scrubs for what should be a kill shot on a Storm Commando. Spotter +20 no longer works, but he doesn't have his shields any more either... and the 10dmg shot will be enough to kill him. With +13 attack after combining fire, it should be an easy kill. But no! Another bad roll. The trooper who shot moves out of the way though, so Arica won't be able to kill 15 points worth of people anyway even with Blaster Barrage. All she can reach is a Mon Cal Tech and a Rebel Trooper. But WAIT! The re-count shows that the Rebels are up by 2, not by 15. Argh!! That kill of Han was worth 38 points (Han, Rebel General), not 25 (Han in Stormtrooper Armor)! An easy kill of the Mon Cal Tech seals the win for the Imperials as Kazdan, the Commando, and a couple of troopers scurried off into the alleys of Ord Mantell to search for a safe way off-planet.

===

While I highlighted my two really bad rolls, and they were by far the most dramatic of the match, the Imperials had plenty of bad rolls of their own early in the game. And their rolls in last week's game were nothing short of horrendous, so I'm not going to blame the dice. Okay maybe a little. But not too much.
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 9:46:01 PM

Killing Arica probably would have been worth Paratus
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 10:18:12 PM

Sorry I didn't have time for a write up before work this morning, but FlyingArrow hit everything right. My Storm Commandos missed a lot more shots than they should have and I think I only actually won Intiative Once. But Chewie blowing that Charging Assault was the game. Losing Weir was unfourtante and I was really sad when he went down. I could have moved Arica in to attempt to take out Kazdan, but she was so hurt I didn't think it was worth the risk.

Haha and at least last week I had some Force Powers with Auto-Damage to save my terrible attack rolls. I will say that my Shields Rolls were actually pretty solid though this week which was nice.

And Kazdan never hit his Reserves, which is always disappointing.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:08:22 AM

knappskirata wrote:
Killing Arica probably would have been worth Paratus

That wouldn't have been possible. Kazdan used his last activation to kill Weir and then ran behind the scrubs. Arica could have reached Kazdan to attack him but would have used a FP to get there and then needed both rolls to hit without the Cunning bonus, and for Kazdan's Lightsaber Deflect to fail in order to kill him. After the recount, the decision to go after the Tech instead was pretty easy.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:35:31 AM

THANX ANDYHATTON
FOR A GREAT WIN
STORM COMMANDOS ARE THE
ELITE SQUAD OF THE EMPIRE
YOU USED THE WELL
GEN. WEIR DIED A TRUE HERO FOR THE EMPIRE

VERITAS & AEQUITAS

GA JAK, SCE
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 1:41:50 PM

jak wrote:
THANX ANDYHATTON
FOR A GREAT WIN
STORM COMMANDOS ARE THE
YOU USED THE WELL

VERITAS & AEQUITAS

GA JAK, SCE

Correction were the "Elite" squad of the empire...
jak
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:15:10 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
jak wrote:
THANX ANDYHATTON
FOR A GREAT WIN
STORM COMMANDOS ARE THE
YOU USED THEM WELL

VERITAS & AEQUITAS

GA JAK, SCE

Correction were the "Elite" squad of the empire...

ohh... you mean past tense....
I disagree
I thought the storm commandos(R non-unique) were super awesome before
Gen. Weir showed up, failed me, then died.
Jak will not miss him
jak
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:25:44 AM

juice man wrote:
jak wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

screwNew Weir!Razz

Unsure I AGREEThumbsUp
Razz Jak lost to Joe & GerryMad Crying Blushing
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:33:57 AM

Defeat at the hands of Moff Disra & Flim! Scared

Final score: 56-55 match won on the last shot of the skrimish.

Three rounds.

No uniques lost, Aces undermatched and outactiviated by a full garrison of Stormtroopers left behind by Vader.
captaingig
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:46:47 AM

Initiate encapsulation algorithm CG1282...

Begin transmission...

Supreme Commander,

We are currently undergoing occupation of Bespin. It appears that the Rebels had set up a pilot training facility here. I must say I'm pleased with my efforts, but the battle was very nearly lost. The Moff is insistant that he and he alone was our savior today. I did nothing to placate his arrogance and I will be quite pleased when I see the back of him. I trust that this shows my tactical prowess. The asset we discussed, this Lobot, will be of great value to the empire. However, I must voice my concern that his abilities may make him a liability. We must be cautious. That second asset, the case of aged bloomilk, is on route to you now.

For the Empire,
Captain Thelonius Gig

End transmission

--White Plastoid Breeze--
25 Moff Disra
16 Felucian Stormtrooper Officer
15 Flim
14 Imperial Officer
13 Evo Trooper
12 Heavy Stormtrooper
9 Imperial Engineer
8 R4 Astromech Droid
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Imperial Dignitary
70 Stormtrooper x14
3 Mouse Droid

I brougt in two more stormies.

Gerry had 4 Aces, 4 rookies, "Dutch," Twi'lek Vigo, KlatooCaptain, mousie and Rendar. Oh, and that Mon Calamari wierdo...a tech spec i think.

I had no choice but to press forward. I found that choosing to set up inside and Evade/GMA on the Aces to be troublesome. It nearly lost me the match as Gerry could pick off my Troopers. Like an idiot i didn't move up the free stormies. Anyhoo that heavy stormie never shot. Couldn't get him into position as I was too spread out with the stormies. THe 24 defence was a boon. Saved me more than I can say. The MVP goes to my Engineer who double splashed a 20hp ace for the kill. I based and killed three of his rookies and very carefully planned out hte final rookie kill such that I needed a 1 to miss. Combine fire! Yay! Killing that r7 was also very good. Gerry danced around outside and chipped away at me but, he himself admits, the dice were not with him today. I also pulled a final round of gambit to get to 56. Flim and the Impy officer get honorable mentions for allowing this squad to be effective.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:23:11 AM

The Rebels' overwhelming lead sure went away quickly. Now only a 1 point lead.
juice man
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 1:13:42 AM

jak wrote:
juice man wrote:
jak wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

screwNew Weir!Razz

Unsure I AGREEThumbsUp
Razz Jak lost to Joe & GerryMad Crying Blushing

Must disagree. Jak (ISC) lost to Joe. All Gerry did was a little impromptu victory dance at the death of Gen. Veers.Cool
juice man
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 2:11:44 AM

After facing those S.O.B. Storm Commandos twice, requested and got, Leia straight from Cloud City (she left just before the garrison of Stormtroopers arrived). Bothans report Gen. Weir dead: won't be facing SCs this time. Knowing my opponent's fondness for Echani Handmaiden requested Special Forces help.

23 Lando Calrissian, Hero of Taanab
18 Rebel Leader
17 SpecForce Vanguard
15 SpecForce Tech
45 SpecForce Infiltrator x3
14 Princess Leia of Cloud City
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
22 Rebel Commando Munitions Expert x2
11 Rebel Vanguard
8 R7 Astromech Droid
7 Elite Rebel Trooper
5 Rebel Trooper
3 Mouse Droid

My opponent was well prepared for battle in the Cargo Docks with a Security Officer, Security Trooper on DewbackConfused three Shadow Guards, some scrubs an Impereial Officer and SURPRISE the Emperor himself with an Imprial Sovereign Protector to be his BG. In his arrogence the Emperor even brought his Throne!

His Shadow Guards could kill most of my squad with one well placed hit, but they could not sneak up on me thanks to RSC's addition of Leia's ghost daddy to my squad (great call). The Rebel Leader (a.k.a. "sweaty girl") proved her worth in a close up battle against 90 HP Shadow Guards. I never used her before, again another brilliant recomendation by RSC.

Tense battle ended in a Rebel . . . . . . . . . . VICTORY. 92 vs, 71. I use combined fire with spotter 20 to bring down all SGs and the Dewback. The Echanis, impressed with our rebel teamwork, have joined our cause.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 7:32:01 AM

It was an all around bad day yesterday... As I said to Steve, this either will go really well for me or very badly based upon my allocations. To my dismay there was no Vader, Jax, Palpy or anyone of signifcant worth that the Aces could go after. HanTrooper would have helped greatly, as I then could have moved 16" and attack laterally.

Make no mistake here, Steve did an excellent job with what he was given and the fact that I was even ahead was a testament to how tensely contested this match was. In the final analysis having to deal w/24D Stormies and being so severely out activated was the biggest problem. The match had a number of key points, I dangled the Green Pilots too much and paid the price. Next the Evo Trooper making his Splash save basically lost me the match right b4 the last GSP bought the moisture farm.

Yet another epic struggle to be sure!

Lobot's Liberators...

Dash Rendar, RS
Jon "Dutch" Vander
RSA x4
GSP x4
MCTS
Klat Capt
TBSV
R7
MSD
jak