RegisterDonateLogin

Does NOT have a Holiday Special.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

News for Episode 7 (We've got names!) Options
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:00:02 AM
Groups: Member

This could be really awesomeBigGrin or really badMad. Disney is promising an Episode 7 in 2015 and if that does well Episodes 8 and 9, then (this is just a rumor) possibly Old Republic and Video Game movies. Episode 7 could be bad if it is after Return of the Jedi and messes with the canon. Or really awesome if fans take control and make something like the Thrawn trilogy. BigGrin So this could completely wreck canon after Return of the Jedi or display some of it's awesomeness. I think the Dark Empire series from Dark Horse comic books would be cool as movies especially because it's a trilogy. Opinions?
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2012 1:13:24 PM

Oh dear, it looks like they are all new stories. Let's just hope that they won't wreck the canon. For more info go to http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/LFL_Source_SW_Episode_VII_An_Original_Story_148665.asp
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:26:48 PM

I knew this wasn't going to be good.

I have a bad feeling about this...
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:46:08 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

New is not bad.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2012 9:15:54 AM

Never mind! Sorry about the misleading before but I keep getting more new updates. Episodes 7-9 are set 50 years after Return of the Jedi and about Luke's descendants (possibly Ben), and Episodes 10-12 will be even later and about a girl Skywalker.

Check out these links for more news!
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/LFL_Source_SW_Episode_VII_An_Original_Story_148665.asp
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Disney_Buys_LFL_Timothy_Zahn_Talks_EU_Ep_7_148708.asp
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Star_Wars_Sequels_Rumors_About_Timeframe_Characters_148727.asp
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2012 9:27:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

sigh

Rumors are rumors. All we know is that the movie is happening. Until we actually get confirmed writers and director, I think all story rumors are subject to change.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:00:15 PM

True, however I will continue to post all the latest news up here to the best of my ability for your enlightenment and entertainment. BigGrin
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:19:57 PM

I would absolutely love it if they made a movie out of KotOR 1, and then KotOR 2. I don't really think they would condense well into the time requirement, though.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:48:58 PM

They could split them each into two or three like the Hobbit or Harry Potter.
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:59:08 PM

I think it's going to be great! New Star Wars is Awesome! I was afraid it was going to die a slow death. But this deal will help Star Wars to be loved by a whole new Generation. I like That!
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:14:42 PM

It would be good to get the next generation to love Star Wars. This could be EPIC!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin ThumbsUp
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:35:39 PM

Micheal Arndt has been announced as the writer for the screenplay of Episode 7. His resume includes work on Toy Story 3

http://www.starwars.com/news/michael-arndt-to-write-screenplay-for-star-wars-episode-vii.html
cassekiel
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:37:37 PM

I think we should start a petition on change.org to Disney asking them not to change any expanded universe content.

I'm excited about having more films come out but worried because Disney tends to ruin things. Hopefully with Lucas on as a creative consultant they will stay on pace with the current and existing stuff. Here's to hoping we see Kyle Katarn in his first big screen role! It would also be nice if they even just made a KOTOR 3 since BioWare dropped the ball finishing off that trilogy.

As of now I am hopeful :)
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:34:54 PM

cassekiel wrote:
I think we should start a petition on change.org to Disney asking them not to change any expanded universe content.

I'm excited about having more films come out but worried because Disney tends to ruin things. Hopefully with Lucas on as a creative consultant they will stay on pace with the current and existing stuff. Here's to hoping we see Kyle Katarn in his first big screen role! It would also be nice if they even just made a KOTOR 3 since BioWare dropped the ball finishing off that trilogy.

Disney did very well with Marvel. I cant wait wait!!!!!!!
I think they will be respectful to the fans. There is too much too lose if they are not.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:44:50 PM

cassekiel wrote:

I've always wanted a TFU movie. Popular rumor is that episodes 7-9 are 50 years after ROTJ as posted above.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 2:58:57 PM

A video series discussing the new Star Wars movies is going to be posted on starwars.com at this link.

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-discussion-about-the-future-of-star-wars/index.html
dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:25:16 PM

Well look at this as good for this game, new characters for vsets.

As for whether this is good or bad for SW. I think until the first of the new films come out, it really is to soon to start all the negative comments that some have made here and indeed all over fan sites across the net.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:40:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

cassekiel wrote:

Disney,

Star Wars fans around the world are excited to hear the news of upcoming movies representing episodes VII-IX. However, please take into account that the Star Wars universe has grown far larger than the episodes I-VI movies. The expanded universe of books, video games, and television shows is filled with wonderful characters and stories. Amazingly, the entire universe is internally consistent to a remarkable degree. We have heard rumors that the new movies will take place 50 years after the original trilogy. We, the undersigned Star Wars fans, applaud this timeframe and encourage you to pursue it. This timeframe has been conveniently untouched by the expanded universe, allowing the new movies to be created without disrupting the existing expanded universe. As the movies are created, we ask you to not change any expanded universe content.

Star Wars Fans.

There you go... somebody else can go run with it now.

Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:23:28 AM

This would be great to send to Disney. Someone would have to send it soon before they start writing an official script. I'm not sure if I could. Perhaps we could get petitions from other Star Wars fan sights as well.
trappedslider
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:02:12 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Disney,

Star Wars fans around the world are excited to hear the news of upcoming movies representing episodes VII-IX. However, please take into account that the Star Wars universe has grown far larger than the episodes I-VI movies. The expanded universe of books, video games, and television shows is filled with wonderful characters and stories. Amazingly, the entire universe is internally consistent to a remarkable degree. We have heard rumors that the new movies will take place 50 years after the original trilogy. We, the undersigned Star Wars fans, applaud this timeframe and encourage you to pursue it. This timeframe has been conveniently untouched by the expanded universe, allowing the new movies to be created without disrupting the existing expanded universe. As the movies are created, we ask you to not change any expanded universe content ignore a number of things that we feel are wrong with the epanded universe,included in this list are following items:

Sincerly,
Star Wars Fans.

Now to just come up with the list of things we can all argee on as a collective of SW fans