RegisterDonateLogin

Great Bloo Milk comes from happy Banthas. Happy Banthas come from Tatooine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

News for Episode 7 (We've got names!) Options
qvos
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:43:06 PM
Groups: Member

trappedslider wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Disney,

Star Wars fans around the world are excited to hear the news of upcoming movies representing episodes VII-IX. However, please take into account that the Star Wars universe has grown far larger than the episodes I-VI movies. The expanded universe of books, video games, and television shows is filled with wonderful characters and stories. Amazingly, the entire universe is internally consistent to a remarkable degree. We have heard rumors that the new movies will take place 50 years after the original trilogy. We, the undersigned Star Wars fans, applaud this timeframe and encourage you to pursue it. This timeframe has been conveniently untouched by the expanded universe, allowing the new movies to be created without disrupting the existing expanded universe. As the movies are created, we ask you to not change any expanded universe content ignore a number of things that we feel are wrong with the epanded universe,included in this list are following items:

Sincerly,
Star Wars Fans.

Now to just come up with the list of things we can all argee on as a collective of SW fans

Thats Funny... Can there be no Cafe, Freshers, or indestructible enemies mentioned . Maybe no bad words likeKarking,either. LOL
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:30:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Asking for any exceptions would make such a petition useless. They're sure to change some things anyway (but with retcons). I just hope they don't just up and throw the whole thing out.
trappedslider
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:24:02 PM

like i said on facebook "the only thing that would make the old school fans turely happy would be a release of the orginial unmessed with OT on dvd and blu-ray"
corranhorn
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 6:05:00 PM

trappedslider wrote:
like i said on facebook "the only thing that would make the old school fans turely happy would be a release of the orginial unmessed with OT on dvd and blu-ray"

Or a backstage pass to one of those Slave Leia pillow fights...Love
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:34:09 PM

Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:07:12 PM

Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:04:02 PM

Just a note (and this is a guess): I have deduced that that Episode 7 will stick to at least Vong cannon seeing as how Peter Mayhew (who plays Chewbacca) has not been approched, meaning that Chewbacca probably won't be in the film. I could be wrong but; elementary.

Also I changed the thread title.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:43:48 PM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
Just a note (and this is a guess): I have deduced that that Episode 7 will stick to at least Vong cannon seeing as how Peter Mayhew (who plays Chewbacca) has not been approched, meaning that Chewbacca probably won't be in the film. I could be wrong but; elementary.

Also I changed the thread title.

It's also conceivable that they just want a younger actor and figure they can get away with it, since most people don't know who plays Chewie. (As he has a costume on).
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:47:41 PM

CG Chewie. Not a problem.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:56:01 PM

markedman247 wrote:
CG Chewie. Not a problem.

Good point. Poor Peter. No more "ARGHHHHARAWWWR" for him, at least not in public.

Wow, that came out weird.
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:15:21 PM

So... Was the petition actually made?
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:21:03 PM

SignerJ wrote:
So... Was the petition actually made?

I don't knowConfused
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 2:20:10 PM

From what I understand, both basic plot details and the time period has been leaked. It seems that Episode VII will be somewhere from 20 ABY to 30 ABY, with a possibility of it being around 40 ABY. After looking at the timeline on Wookieepedia, I dearly hope that it takes place around 30 ABY -- the only opening. As it is, I'm not sure how they are going to play the Vong War, but at least the movie taking place shortly after the war explains why the Jedi Temple is on Bespin.

Does anyone know how plentiful the Jedi Order was the years immediately after the Vong War? The plot summary says that there will be numbers of almost 7,000 Jedi in the movie.

EDIT: Flip, I just realized: that screws with the Galactic Alliance chronology.
Voren_Chalco
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:07:42 PM

SignerJ wrote:
From what I understand, both basic plot details and the time period has been leaked. It seems that Episode VII will be somewhere from 20 ABY to 30 ABY, with a possibility of it being around 40 ABY. After looking at the timeline on Wookieepedia, I dearly hope that it takes place around 30 ABY -- the only opening. As it is, I'm not sure how they are going to play the Vong War, but at least the movie taking place shortly after the war explains why the Jedi Temple is on Bespin.

Does anyone know how plentiful the Jedi Order was the years immediately after the Vong War? The plot summary says that there will be numbers of almost 7,000 Jedi in the movie.

I think no matter when they set it, it's going to mess with the established timeline. It doesn't make sense to write a story to fit in with events from books most of your intended audience won't read. What we get will be something new that may have some details carried over from the EU.
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:16:18 PM

Voren_Chalco wrote:
SignerJ wrote:

I think no matter when they set it, it's going to mess with the established timeline. It doesn't make sense to write a story to fit in with events from books most of your intended audience won't read. What we get will be something new that may have some details carried over from the EU.

I can't wait to see Wedge's little Ewok baby after that drunken night on endor.
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:22:16 PM

Voren_Chalco wrote:

And that is what annoys the heck out of me. What will happen to the EU??
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:36:41 PM

SignerJ wrote:
Voren_Chalco wrote:

And that is what annoys the heck out of me. What will happen to the EU??

EU: Eliminated Universe.
MTL, add all of them to the Visionaries series. After all, a one-shot resurrected Maul was far more necessary than years of EU stories.
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:40:32 PM

The resurrected Maul was completely botched. The moment I get a chance to re-watch Revenge of the Sith, I am going to find a valid and very specific, nit-picky reason for me to be able to say that the Clone Wars animated series is non-canon.

As it is, I might wait a short bit to see if the prices for the Yuuzhan Vong-era books will go down a bit. Even if Disney destroys the EU, I don't think that any of us will give up on it.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:42:14 PM

I think that we will have to have 2 continuity streams EU and the new Trilogy. The books are going to have a ton of problems most likely seeing as how the new Sword of the Jedi series about Jaina, Jag, Ben, and Allana is due to be released in 2014 when we should start seeing previews for the upcoming movie. I really hope that J.J. Abrahms and the script writers do their research.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:42:47 PM

SignerJ wrote:

Where did you hear all of this?