RegisterDonateLogin

How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

News for Episode 7 (We've got names!) Options
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:44:30 PM
Groups: Member

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:

Where did you hear all of this?

A mix between Wikipedia, several Facebook groups, and a casual Google search. There's enough corroborating data for the basic information -- the time period -- to be trustworthy. That, and it has been confirmed that it will showcase the New Republic, with Jaina, Jacen, and Ben.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:46:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Lucas has long said there are 2 Star Wars, his movie universe and the EU, they aren't the same. I read comic books so I'm used to the fact that there are Alternate Universes where different events take place. Star Wars may take that approach and continue the books and comics we know as they are profitable, and then the movies as well as literature that ties more directly into those.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:46:52 PM

SignerJ wrote:

A mix between Wikipedia, several Facebook groups, and a casual Google search. There's enough corroborating data for the basic information -- the time period -- to be trustworthy. That, and it has been confirmed that it will showcase the New Republic, with Jaina, Jacen, and Ben.

Well actually most of my friends wouldn't mind if all the continuity after the Killik War was thrown out the door. Because that way Mara can still be aliveBigGrin and Jacen doesn't have to turn evilCool
Voren_Chalco
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:02:56 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
Lucas has long said there are 2 Star Wars, his movie universe and the EU, they aren't the same. I read comic books so I'm used to the fact that there are Alternate Universes where different events take place. Star Wars may take that approach and continue the books and comics we know as they are profitable, and then the movies as well as literature that ties more directly into those.

Well Abrams did already do that with Star Trek...
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:05:26 PM

Oh, at the Killik War in about 30 ABY there are only 200 Jedi. So let's watch continuity burn like Anakin in lava!

Here's info on that and where the Temples were: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Jedi_Order
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:49:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

SignerJ wrote:

None of this has been confirmed. We have rumor and speculation. Considering they are still playing around with the confirmation of Mark, Harrison, and Carrie coming back, I think any story info needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I think it is best to expect the EU for the most part to be ignored. And I've come to peace with that.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:40:07 AM

Sithborg wrote:
SignerJ wrote:

None of this has been confirmed. We have rumor and speculation. Considering they are still playing around with the confirmation of Mark, Harrison, and Carrie coming back, I think any story info needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I think it is best to expect the EU for the most part to be ignored. And I've come to peace with that.

Yeah, me too, mostly because I have heard that Legacy wasn't so great. But I still hope that they keep the Vong war at least.
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:58:58 AM

So, that means all of our EU minis are now obsolete, right? ;)
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:06:00 PM

markedman247 wrote:
So, that means all of our EU minis are now obsolete, right? ;)

Bah. There are stories from the EU that are way better than the movies and will be better than whatever Disney comes up with.

*coughcoughKotORcoughcough*
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:07:32 AM

Just had a thought about the new movies...

Knowing that Lucas likes to squeeze every penny out of fans through licensing EVERYTHING they can out of each major release, i.e. toys, comics, novels, kids books, pajamas, bed sheets, fast food tie ins, etc... if new movies were made based on previously released books then one form of revenue would be removed from the system. That fear is dissolved by the new keepers of the canon, Disney who is OK not sucking it's fans dry with licensed products Huh.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Friday, May 3, 2013 12:35:55 PM

Would it kill Hollywood to make the Legacy comics into a film?
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 2:45:59 PM

Darth_Reignir wrote:

Legacy would be awesome, but I don't think most people would be able to follow it. Also some more news, Episode 7 to be filmed in Britain again. Maybe Benedict Cumberbach can be the villian since he is in Star Trek and J.J. Abrhams does Star Trek. http://starwars.com/news/star_wars_feature_film_production_returns_to_the_uk.html
trappedslider
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2013 5:31:52 PM

SignerJ
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:54:23 PM

AndyHatton wrote:

I have NEVER before heard that. Would you please link me to where he said that? It would definitely easy many of my worries about the new movie.

Darth_Reignir wrote:

I'd prefer the Legacy of the Force book series. I think the character of Caedus is just asking to be put onto the big screen, even if they did him badly at the end.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:17:28 PM

There's enough money in Star Wars that it would not surprise me if there is a movie every year from here on out. Unfortunately, there probably aren't enough people who care about continuity to keep that going.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2013 7:57:21 PM

SignerJ wrote:

I have NEVER before heard that. Would you please link me to where he said that? It would definitely easy many of my worries about the new movie.

"I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
―George Lucas, from an interview in Starlog #337[src]
trappedslider
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:13:00 PM

Legacy of The Force? so much for Thrwan if its it's true
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:20:36 PM

trappedslider wrote:

I would love to see Jacen and Jaina onscreen!
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:23:25 PM

trappedslider wrote:

Thrawn would have been great. (John Noble, although older would have been a darn good choice. His voice would work great)
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:27:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Most likely not.

A very compelling case on why this is false.