RegisterDonateLogin

Not much bigger than a womprat.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

News for Episode 7 (We've got names!) Options
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:28:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My eyes got very wide reading that. I'd be very very excited if this happens. I love the Solo Twins

EDIT However, I read the thing Sithborg posted and then actually read the first link, and it doesn't seem very reliable.

Also they wrote "Jedis" the plural of Jedi is as far as I know, Jedi.
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:44:48 PM
Groups: Member

AndyHatton wrote:
SignerJ wrote:

I have NEVER before heard that. Would you please link me to where he said that? It would definitely easy many of my worries about the new movie.

"I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
―George Lucas, from an interview in Starlog #337[src]

Yes! That means that I can say that the Clone Wars animated series is just, uh, in Lucas's Universe or something.

Or, no, actually, that probably wouldn't fly. Nevermind.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:27:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Well a casting call was sent out. Guess what wasn't needed: Twins. And given the ages wanted, we can pretty much write off established characters as they are currently presented.

Still, it looks like the young female lead was the truth. Hoping for Luke's daughter.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:49:44 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Well a casting call was sent out. Guess what wasn't needed: Twins. And given the ages wanted, we can pretty much write off established characters as they are currently presented.

Still, it looks like the young female lead was the truth. Hoping for Luke's daughter.

Well, they don't have to have real twins to play twins. I hope we still get Ben Skywalker in there too. What I think a lot of people would love to see is Mara Jade! But, I don't think that will happen, shame really.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:17:37 AM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Well, they don't have to have real twins to play twins. I hope we still get Ben Skywalker in there too. What I think a lot of people would love to see is Mara Jade! But, I don't think that will happen, shame really.

Except, you do sort of have to look close in age to be twins. They are not looking for a man and woman in the same age range. Unless they are looking for two female to be twins.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:53:28 AM

Or (if) they are using the characters they could just be making Jacen the older brother, not necessarily twins. Just a thought.

And to get all super nerdy (this won't happen) after Jacen became one with Force during the Vong war he looked older than Jaina by about 5 years
SignerJ
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:37:25 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Except, you do sort of have to look close in age to be twins. They are not looking for a man and woman in the same age range. Unless they are looking for two female to be twins.

Well then, I guess we can confidently say that the movie canon is now completely different from the EU canon. Not sure if that's good or bad...
trappedslider
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:46:05 PM

SignerJ wrote:
Well then, I guess we can confidently say that the movie canon is now completely different from the EU canon. Not sure if that's good or bad...

depends on how much of a fan boy you are
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:21:27 AM

A little new info but most of this we already knew: http://starwars.com/news/master-filmmaking-team-announced-for-star-wars.html
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:36:02 PM

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:01:06 PM

SignerJ wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

If they stick to canon then Jacen is dead and Jaina should be the lead.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:47:44 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

That wouldn't be terrible.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:05:41 PM

Some of the responses I've seen to the December release date, have been... disturbing.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:19:08 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Some of the responses I've seen to the December release date, have been... disturbing.

What's the problem with a December release date? Other than having to wait too long?
markedman247
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 3:59:28 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

That wouldn't be terrible.

Exactly, how do you introduce Jaina without Jacen? There would be no emotional attachment.

It's best to nuke everything not presented on screen.

Luke married an Ewok. Chewie and Leia run off leaving a distraught Han rebuilding the Empire.

But seriously, due to the long delay, unless it occurs between Fate and Legacy, all known books, comics, and games after the original arc will be abolished. Just accept it. The old cast is too old to be in the Thrawn series unless that series is given the CGI treatment (More Final Fantasy, less clone wars)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 6:02:36 AM

It won't be any story we already know - I think that's a safe assumption. Between Fate and Legacy is the perfect time frame. Jacen is hardly mentioned in Fate as it is, so post-Fate he would just be a distant memory that wouldn't have to be mentioned.

Was anything else leaked beyond that casting call? I don't see any reason why they would need to spoil parts of the plot in the casting call. All they need is actors of the appropriate age... the back story could be a red herring (or just what they want to see in the audition).
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 6:58:42 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
It won't be any story we already know - I think that's a safe assumption. Between Fate and Legacy is the perfect time frame. Jacen is hardly mentioned in Fate as it is, so post-Fate he would just be a distant memory that wouldn't have to be mentioned.

Was anything else leaked beyond that casting call? I don't see any reason why they would need to spoil parts of the plot in the casting call. All they need is actors of the appropriate age... the back story could be a red herring (or just what they want to see in the audition).

I don't know. But I don't think we will really know anything about the story until trailer time. I think JJ Abrhams will treat it the same way he did Star Trek: Into Darkness.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2013 9:39:21 PM

Here's the point that I've gotten too. Why must a BAD story be adhered to, just because it was written first. All in the name of "canon" and "unified universe". The post NJO left the universe in just a terrible place to create great stories with the main characters. They can't take away the stories I loved, even if they don't "fit" in with the new movies. And that is okay.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Saturday, November 9, 2013 6:18:55 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Here's the point that I've gotten too. Why must a BAD story be adhered to, just because it was written first. All in the name of "canon" and "unified universe". The post NJO left the universe in just a terrible place to create great stories with the main characters. They can't take away the stories I loved, even if they don't "fit" in with the new movies. And that is okay.

I would be OK with abolishing everything after Dark Nest, that way Jacen, Mara, and Pelleon are still alive, and we still get Allana.
trappedslider
Posted: Saturday, November 9, 2013 8:01:26 PM

no matter what happens fans will be unhappy to one degree or another..and just seeing how unhappy they are and what they are unhappy about will be part of the fun of the new movies for me