RegisterDonateLogin

Search your feelings. You know it to be Bloo.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NZ Vassal Tournament Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 7:49:48 PM
Groups: Member

I played my game with DieAndBeMetal tonight. I won 200-14, when he conceded.

DieAndBeMetal:
--Kam, the Protector--
47 Kam Solusar
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
23 Anakin Solo
23 Jarael
21 Marn Hierogryph
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 8 activations)
Bribery: R7 Droid

--Bombad Training!--
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
27 Lobot
18 Jar Jar Binks
24 Klatooinian Assassin x2
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(200pts. 10 activations)
Reinforcements: Klat Assassin, Caamasi Noble, Mouse Droid

Jarael stole Cin's CE (GMA) and Quinlan had no CEs to steal for himself, but he did gain Makashi Style from Cin Drallig.

We both had Ravaged Base as our map; I lost the map roll and set up on the right side. In Round 1, DABM ran Marn up near the center doors in gambit, where he soon died to my Klatoonian Assassins. I think he intended that it would allow Anakin to UTF, but since Marn wasn't a force user, it didn't work. Not like it really mattered, since Marn isn't much of an attacker. Near the start of the 2nd round, Ganner levitated Jarael up so that she could move 10 and kill R2 (Shockstaff for 20dmg hits vs droids) and miss Cin Drallig. Quinlan then stepped in with Ataru Mastery, but Jarael was 4/4 on her parry saves. Cin then responded with Brutal Strike and missed his first attack, so she was at 50. On my next turn Aayla used Brutal Strike to put 40 on her, and then a Klat finished her off. Now Anakin was primed to boom, so I spread my pieces out the best I could. Near the start of the next round, DABM levitated Mara up. He thought she was safe, but I pulled off a tricky move to Force Pull her into my lightsaber slaughterhouse, and that was the end of her. It was now Kam and Anakin and Ganner vs my whole squad, undamaged. I put 30 on Anakin with a Klat, after which Kam Decoyed himself into position to absorb the damage and roll LS Deflects. I kept on going after Anakin, which resulted in Kam continually decoying for him. Eventually though, Anakin was at 20hp and Kam at 80 to end the round. I won the next init and so Quinlan walked up and laid down 80dmg (with a crit) to finish Kam off (failed LS Defense). At this point, DABM conceded. I suggested that he try to find a way to kill 81 more points on my squad (for a 1pt loss), but we couldn't find a way for him to do it. Good game, lots of fun. Great opponent!
fingersandteeth
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 8:01:58 PM

Me and Ultrastar just got a game done.

Seps v Republic

I won 100-47

--tholme Quibuck--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
36 Master Tholme
27 Lobot
23 Captain Panaka
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 9 activations)

--N.P.E.--
60 Jabba the Hutt, Galactic Crime Boss
43 Cad Bane, Bounty Hunter
33 Aurra Sing, Assassin
27 Lobot
12 Gha Nachkt
10 San Hill
8 Wicket
7 R7 Astromech Droid

(200pts. 8 activations)

on peaceful city

he brought in greedo, a czerka, ponda baba and stuff
1st round he moved towards center and i moved my grans out, cloak quinlan and shuffle around. Second round i tow yoda in to position. couple of phases later he gallops into r7, ponda and greed. pond take greedos hit. swap out yoda for gran. Gran dies, end of round aurra charges to snip r2 and hits one. Quinlan counters with ataru after init, aurra hits him back but he's swapped out for Tholme who crits and hits for the kill. r2 moves and opens center door, yobuck gallops killing r7, pond, czerka and hitting greedo. Cad hostage shields his uggie. Cad runs and tags tholme, r2 and panaka. Next round tholme tries a trick that fails and hits cad killing his own gran. Cad smokes panaka and hits tholme, and yoda buck. Yodabuck crits on greedo for death and then gallops to cad hitting him. Quinlan moves up and twins on cad one going on him one going on yobuck.
The next init is for all the marbles, i win and cad dies or he wins and cad smokes my whole team (3 of them anyway). I win, yoda saves the hostage roll, cad dies.
theultrastar
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 5:03:22 AM

It was a great game Deri. As always you were nothing but class!

I was running a squad built by Jake K. to kick off the tournament. I've messed around with it on Vassal and really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for a good Bounty Hunter squad. Deri played masterfully. I had a lot of bad luck going my way in this match. For instance, the move with Aurra shooting at R2, I hit the first attack for 20, all I need is a hit to kill him, which would have really helped me in this game. I controlled gambit at the time, and had all the key doors shut, so in order for him to get Yobuck or anyone else in there to do something about it, he would have to run Lobot out, and he didn't want to do that with Cad running around Furious Assaulting everything that moved.

So that was one big moment in the game that didn't go my way. Another was, I'm not sure I won a single init that entire game. At the very end when all the marbles was on the line, Deri rolls a 4, I roll a 4, we reroll, Deri rolls a 7, I roll a 6. That's just how the game went for me. Sometimes Lady Luck is with you, and sometimes she gives you the finger. Last night, she gave me the finger.

Also, Deri had 2 really crucial crits land, one was on Aurra with Tholme, had Tholme not been able to kill her, he would of had to have used another one of his key pieces going after her which would of had to have been Yobuck, which would have kept Yoda from going into Gambit and killing Pondo, Czerka and hitting Greedo. Which would have been huge for me.

Once again, it was a really great game. I'm loving this tournament so far, glad I got to start off against Deri. I'm not saying I would have won the match had any of these key areas went my way, but it certainly would not have hurt my cause. I really enjoyed how the game played out, where it came down to the last init. I have a hard time imagining any other game in this tournament topping this for me.
Mike Moore Smuggler
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:04:09 AM

So Kezzamachine and I played and I won 210-50, these are the squads.

Kez played;

--Sidious' Bounty--
69 Darth Sidious, Supreme Chancellor
43 Cad Bane, Bounty Hunter
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
27 Lobot
9 Poggle the Lesser
16 Geonosian Drone x8

(199pts. 13 activations)

And mine was

--Dooku's drones--
100 Dooku
35 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
27 Lobot
10 San Hill
9 Poggle the Lesser
3 Mouse Droid
16 Geonosian Drone x8

(200pts. 14 activations)

So as you can see 2 very similar squads. I won map roll and chose Rhen Var. The big difference was San Hill which allowed me to bring in the MTB and set up a couple of first activation strikes. Kez brought in Salacious and Momaw and I brought in the aforementioned MTB, 2 mice and 2 uggies. We played it pretty slow first 2 rounds until the end of the second where I was able to lightning 2 drones and Salacious which opened up a path for me to set up to kill Momaw at the start of the next round. Took him out easy then Kez surrounded me with bombs and I, stupidly, moved one up to try and keep a path clear to run Asajj out but this gave Kez a chance to blow up all his bombs with mine. And he took it, albeit too eagerly. Not realising that Lobot was next to the last of his bombs, he set off a chain reaction and missed all his saves thus evening out the points in the exchange. I then had the chance to run Dooku up to Cad and won init and hit him 4 times (just, need 3's and rolled 3, 1 re-rolled, 7, 2 re-rolled, 5, 3). Kez then ran both Sidious and Asajj next to Dooku and I forgot about Jedi reflexes, Assaj hit and I made my makashi with another re-roll and then missed. I won init again and ran with Sid in order to get my drones in to play. He ran and lightninged me. I ran drones and did enough damage to get Asajj down to 30, lightninged Asajj and Sidious for 30 each, took another 50 from Sidious which drained him of his force points. Then won init and hit him 4 times to win the match. It was a tough match for Kez but he played well.
racanelli89
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 5:12:14 AM

So I just played my match against the good Doctor... The final score was 200 to not very much. It took him an hour and twelve minutes to wipe the floor with me. I ran a Republic ARC Trooper team, and he played Thrawn with Rakghoul Warriors and Celeste Mourne. He out activated me by a bunch and used an Amanin Scout to get in an early switch and kill my ugnaught, spawning another Rakghoul. 4 misses with Captain Rex later I was in real trouble...
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:12:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here's my take on the Mike-Kez matchup... Since Daala has had some of her teeth removed (she can recommend a good dentist), people here have relaxed somewhat and squad choices are cooler, not just Daala/Daala-counter. We chortled at both having brought melee-heavy Separatist squads and then got down to business on what is probably my least successful map - Rhen Var (Mike's choice).

I took the right and made for the lower part of the map, trying to drag him into a tight confined space. I was hopelessly outactivated and that told heavily as he basically had his whole squad to move when I was done. By the end of round two we were largely outside the room just south of the gambit room and I tried to draw him up into the gambit room, but he didn't quite take the bait, not that I had a master plan - I was just trying to disrupt his play. He charged Assaj in early and took out Momaw (after having lightninged Salacious and two drones) but he left Assaj alone. I took a coupl'a phases to surround her with drones and then he obliged by bringing one of his own in. I Bane'd Assaj and the drone, blowing up everything around her and she left the game. However, I lost Lobot in the process (d'oh!) and he then marched Dook's in to base Bane. Next round I lost Bane but then based him with my two beats. (He forgot Jedi Reflexes, much to my delight!) However, I couldn't overcome the Dook - we traded lightning and I got him down to 40 but Dooku, combined with spare bombs on his side, meant that I didn't have enough in the tank to take out that 100pt monster. Well played, well chosen and well well. 200-50 and 3-nil to Mike!
Dr Daman
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:16:04 AM

So we're just waiting on the game between TimmerB123 and DarthRattlehead. Sorry for the delay in getting to round two. It can be a little difficult to get the timing to work when we have players from NZ playing people in the US. I'd like the games to happen within a week, but sometimes that can't happen and I don't want to penalise anybody because of that. So please bear with me BigGrin BlooMilk
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:42:42 AM

no prob, I could see it being me in the future having a hard time working out a suitable time to play, so plenty of grace. I look forward to this next round
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:18:24 PM

Dr Daman wrote:
So we're just waiting on the game between TimmerB123 and DarthRattlehead. Sorry for the delay in getting to round two. It can be a little difficult to get the timing to work when we have players from NZ playing people in the US. I'd like the games to happen within a week, but sometimes that can't happen and I don't want to penalise anybody because of that. So please bear with me BigGrin BlooMilk

We have had a hard time scheduling, but it is planned for later this evening (11:30pm Thurs my time, 5:30pm Fri your time)
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 6:32:51 AM

I'll add details later, but the quick summary is that my Mandos emerged victorious vs DarthRattleHead's New Republic, 205-38 (don't remember his score exactly).

The vassal electronic dice were favoring me to a ridiculous degree. 3 very helpful crits on my end and he couldn't make a lightsaber defense save for anything.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 11:36:24 AM

My Squad:
--Protection Erection--
38 Mandalore the Resurrector
28 Kelborn
27 Fenn Shysa
27 Lobot
26 Ghes Orade
17 Mandalorian Protector
13 Czerka Scientist
12 Gha Nachkt
12 Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer

(200pts. 9 activations)

Lobot brought 6 mice and an MTB

DarthRattlehead brought:

Luke GH
Kyp, Jedi Master
Ganner
Dash Rendar, RS
R7
2 uggies
1 rodian brute
1 ewok
Anakin Solo

We played on Asteroid Base. I was scared stiff of Anakin, as he had one of the few answers to my multiple bodyguards and my MTB without shut-off. Luke also had an answer to my cloaked with his LS throw 3, but much to Richard's disappointment, it replaced turn, so he couldn't use Luke to move then throw. I set up to use my GMA and cloaked to harrass anything I could shoot, taking out a few scrubs early. He boldly tossed Kyp and ran righ up to me, nearly killing (a poorly placed by me) Kelborn. But the rest of my squad had enough firepower to kill Kyp (no defensive abilities) thanks to a few nice crits. I would have been able to do it after the MTB aided init win, but it was nice to finish him off before the round ended. There were a couple times Richard made bold moves thinking a door was open only to find out it was closed, or else he might not have launched Anakin across the board to attempt to cripple my squad. Once I informed him that the door was closed, and therefore the Anakin bomb wouldn't touch me, I let him take anakin's move back. He killed my counter tactics officer who was in gambit instead. I nailed Anakin twice with a GMA from The Ressurector (who is quite awesome btw), and left him with 10 hp. He stried to block him off with scrubs, but good old Ghes has sniper and finished him off with no boom from Anakin. He then sprints Luke right up into my business, but I am able to kill him due to bad LS defense rolls, followed by killing Ganner. Clean up the scrubs and he concedes when all he had left was Dash, facing my whole squad minus Gha and the Counter Tactics officer. I was in range to base Dash and kill him with Kelborn after the aided MTB init.

It was a pleasure playing Richard. Very nice guy and was very open to learning new things, happy to hear when things worked differently than he thought. We had a fun time playing and chatting.
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 12:16:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Good ol' Darth Rattlehead! Has been one of my closest friends since 1992... he does the guitar solo on this: http://therocklords.bandcamp.com/track/the-biggest-quest

Bring on Round 2!!!
Dr Daman
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 4:51:12 PM

So here are the scores after Round 1

Sharron: 3 pts. (1-0)
TimmerB123: 3 pts. (1-0)
TINT: 3 pts. (1-0)
Mike Moore Smuggler: 3 pts. (1-0)
Dr Daman: 3 pts. (1-0)
Mando: 2 pts. (1-0)
Fingersandteeth: 2 pts. (1-0)
Darth O: 0 pts. (0-1)
theultrastar: 0 pts. (0-1)
racanelli89: 0pts. (0-1)
Deathwielded: 0 pts. (0-1)
Kezzamachine: 0 pts. (0-1)
DieAndBeMeatal: 0 pts. (0-1)
DarthRattlehead: 0 pts. (0-1)

New pairings to come!
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, April 5, 2014 9:15:55 PM

Pairings for round 2!

Sharron: 3 pts. (1-0) vs. TimmerB123: 3 pts. (1-0)
Dr Daman: 3 pts. (1-0) vs. TINT: 3 pts. (1-0)
Mike Moore Smauggler: 3 pts. (1-0) vs. Mando: 2 pts. (1-0)
DarthRattlehead: 0 pts. (0-1) vs. theultrastar: 0 pts. (0-1)
Darth O: 0 pts. (0-1) vs. fingersandteeth: 2 pts. (1-0)
racanelli89: 0 pts. (0-1) vs. DieAndBeMetal: 0 pts. (0-1)
Deathwielded: 0 pts. (0-1) vs. Kezzamachine: 0 pts. (0-1)
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:05:32 AM

Darth Rattlehead, I'm not sure how to get a hold of you to schedule our match, you can hit me up here on Bloo, or add me on FB.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 9:02:07 AM

Sharon beat me 138-109 (or something like that) late last night. Well late night/very early morning for me, early evening for him.

He ran a Solo charge variant with a Vong bodyguard, I ran Revan SL in the OR (yes, Old Republic) with Bastilla, Jaq, crusader, Klat Cap, and fodder. 10 activations with no Lobot. I'm really trying to play outside my comfort zone.

--Revan--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
23 Jedi Crusader
18 Klatooinian Captain
11 Givin Black Sun Slicer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute

(200pts. 10 activations)

vs

--aarons charge--
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
23 Anakin Solo
11 Yuuzhan Vong Ossus Protector
9 General Dodonna
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 9 activations)

(Evazan and Rodian through Lobot)

We played on Rhen Var

I'll add more details soon. Aaron played it well, placement giving me fits the whole game. He couldn't win init to save his life, and my saves were atrocious for evade and LS defense. I extended out with a Revan Swap to have Atton kill his Rodian early to even up activations once I shut down Dodonna with Bastila. Then Han unloads into Atton, getting him down to 10hp (bad bad saves). I pull back as he marches into gambit. He leaves Han within 12 of Revan and not next to his bodyguard or Evazan (his Lobot reinforcement), so I went for it. Went in and smacked Han a couple for 60 dam. Then he brings Mara down to crack Revan, followed by Lobot locking him in the center room. I had only Atton left, so I had to bring him into danger to unlock the door. (Wish I didn't spin my Givin and R7, this probably lost me the game). I win init and kill Han and (stupidly) an uggie. Shoulda just hit Mara. Then I (really stupidly) take a twin AoO from Mara to try and protect a 10hp left Atton. He easily uses Ganner to lift Mara next to Atton and kills him (Atton did make 2 avoid defeat saves, but it didn't matter). I push Mara away from Revan with my crusader end of round. I lose init roll but remind Sharron that Han is dead and I have master tactician, so I go kill Lobot and the Vong bodyguard. I swap out for a Rodian. (Another dumb move on my part, had I moved the Rodian further away instead of spinning him, I coulda saved Revan and won). He levitates Mara in for the kill on Revan. I get Mara down to 20 hp with the crusader and Clat capt. Last init, no Revan no Han, I roll a 1. He kills the crusader, and I still have a chance for the win if I hit with the Klat capt, but I miss. Game over.

It ended up being very close and essentially coming down to the last init, which he finally won. I was outplayed and Aaron deserved the win.

Yet again another fun time playing against an excellent member of the New Zealand crew. Had fun chatting after as well with him and his mates (He was at Mikes using his computer to play). Stayed up far too late and the "aww man!" I let out when I rolled the last init and it was a 1 woke my girlfriend up (it was like 2am here). I'm in a minor amount of trouble for that (secretly I think it's a little funny).

Anyway - fun times

Thanks!
sharron
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:05:39 PM

I believe the end score was 139-96, could mike possibly confirm?

Great game by the way, definitely enjoyed it, and as you say, some different rolls or slightly different positioning could have swung things. Game on!
fingersandteeth
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:25:44 PM

Darth O just pumped me 110 - 47

my squad was
--Bane of shooters--
63 Darth Bane, Sith'ari
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
27 Lobot
24 Alema Rar
18 Gloom Walker Sniper
6 Mouse Droid x2

(200pts. 7 activations)

on rhen var.

he played Cad Bane/embo thrown swap.

I killed a lot of fodder, never really managed to get the sac with bane on bane or EMBO, just made small counting errors here and there and O didn't make mistakes so bane died, then Rar, then my sniper.
then time out.
Imps were really what i was fearing and i got them, sucks.

well played dude.
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:37:23 PM

Fingersandteeth and I just had our game. Final score: 115-52 to Darth O

I ran Cad/Embo/Thrawn/Ozzel, and Fingersandteeth ran Revan/Bane, Sith'ari/Alema Rar/Gloom Walker Sniper on his map, Rhen Var. I chose to set up on the right.

I outactivated by a mile thanks to Ozzel and 6 more pieces. Fingersandteeth brought in Figrin and fodder with Lobot, while I chose an Amanin Scout, a Gran Raider, and a 2nd Uggie. We immediately agreed that it was a tough matchup for Darth Bane.

Round 1 was positioning. At the end of round 2 I swapped in Cad, who did 90 damage to Darth Bane. I then won initiative and swapped him to safety. At the end of the round I ran the swapped Rodian 12 squares to base Lobot, who was in the far left building. At the start of round 3 my Rodian hit Lobot for 10. Revan then swapped Darth Bane in to kill the brute. I was then able to get the slimmest LOS with Cad to Darth Bane without swapping. Bane died a very cruel death on the spot.

In the end I ran out of time to finish the game. I lost Lobot and most of my fodder and killed every damage dealer but Revan, who still had 100 HP left at the end of the final round. Fingersandteeth was a great opponent and I had fun, even though I was terrified of Revan's range for the whole game.
Mike Moore Smuggler
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:05:50 PM

Yes Aaron, end score was 139-96