RegisterDonateLogin

Nom Anor says, "It's da bomb!"

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NZ Vassal Tournament Options
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:10:33 PM
Groups: Member

Mike and I just had our game. Wow. I ran Master Yoda/Han RG/Luke HPU, and he ran Luke HOE/new Biggs/Dutch/Red Squadron Ace

--Tantilizing Trooper--
44 Master Yoda
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
28 Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed
27 Lobot
23 Chewbacca, Fearless Scout
14 General Rieekan
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
5 Tantive IV Trooper

(200pts. 9 activations)

Reinforcements: Momaw Nadon and a Mouse Droid

--Tentantive HOE--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
27 Biggs Darklighter, Rebel Pilot
27 Lobot
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
19 Red Squadron Ace
18 Klatooinian Captain
9 General Dodonna
25 Tantive IV Trooper x5
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(199pts. 15 activations)

Reinforcements: Muun Tactics Broker and 4 Mouse Droids

We both chose Asteroid Base, but Mike won map roll and I set up on the right. Round 1 was positioning with me taking the upper right just outside the door and Mike running Luke into the centre pillar just outside gambit. At the start of round 2 after Mike moved an uggie, Yoda started the game with a Force Stun on Luke (save success, 2nd Stun fail, reroll fail, stunned Luke). Next phase Han spends a force point to base Luke and put 80 on him, thanks to Yoda using Force Defence to negate Luke's Lightsaber Defence. Same phase my Luke uses Force Push 4 to kill other Luke. Biggs takes revenge by basing Han and killing him in one go.

At the end of round 2 Mike moved his Red Squadron Ace to base Luke. He killed a Tantive IV Trooper with the MTB and took a twin with the Ace, putting 80 on my bodyguarding Chewie. He then did the same thing in the first actual phase, killing Chewie and putting 40 on Luke. Mike decided to run away with the Ace after shooting. Luke missed his AoO AND the reroll. Luke and Yoda did a 1-2 on poor Biggs, who died from their 80 damage.

Initiative came around again, and Mike did the exact same trick on Yoda, who unlike Luke had no bodyguard and died to the Ace's 160 damage. Momaw then used War Throat, killing two Troopers, a mouse, and an uggie and putting 10 damage on Dutch, the Ace, and Luke. Dutch killed Momaw, then the Klat captain shot and missed Luke. Luke and my Trooper decided it would be clever to shoot Dutch instead of running away to wait out the MTB. D'oh!

Round 4 the Klat Captain rolled the 16 he needed to kill Luke, and the Evade save failed. To make matters worse, the splash killed my Tantive IV Trooper. The rest of the game was just cleanup for Mike, althought he did have to kill Dodonna and Lobot with the MTB on the way. The game ended with the score 210-156 in Mike's favour.

Would I have won if I had run away instead of shooting with Luke and my trooper? Possibly. I would have at least had another round of the MTB killing Mike's pieces (of which only the Ace, Dutch, the Klat Captain, and the MTB remained), so at the very least the score would have been 18+ points tighter. Either way Mike played masterfully, and I don't want to take anything away from his 3-point win. Congrats man!
sharron
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:50:44 PM

So, deathwielded and I played our game, final score was 130-94 to me, played on asteroid base.

It was a very hard fought victory, with me thinking i had lost many times before i pulled ahead at the end, he was running

Han GH
chewie GH
Zekk
borsk
klat captain
lobot
dodonna
a few other things i cant recall

and I was running

Revan SL
Bastilla
Satele
Jedi Crusader
lobot
camasi
old republic rookie
2 mice
ug

brought in Dr E and an ug in reinforcements

first round was setup i started on the side with the big as hanger, nothing really doing, apart from han killing an ugnaught that i brought in.

second round i turned ABM on, probably a bit prematurely, and sought to run around the top side with revan to swap in for satele to kill the klat captain. I won initiative, intuitioned next to borsk, and the plan was to kill borsk, then spend a force point to move 8 and base dodonna so he couldnt run, but i missed borsk once, so i couldnt do that. revan got a 12 square run on han without chewie next to him, and assaulted, only to miss once, leaving him on 60, which meant i couldnt touch him with Dr E to kill him. chewie runs next to him, zekk follows suit, bastilla turns off.

round 3, i lose initiative, han hits revan for 30 (i defensed the other) and leaves revan with no force points. my crusader, positioned to push han wherever he went so han couldnt bodyguard, does his job perfectly. leaving han on 40, Revan takes 2 AOOs from Zekk and 1 from chewie to base han, leaves him on 40 after whatever hit and missed. assaults han with the force point he has, and alas, missed another attack, leaving han on 20 , without a force point to reroll with. Dr E kills han.

Satele chases down lobot and dodonna, the game ends with the score at 130-94.
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 2:37:39 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Btw, if we are doing the 3-2-1 scoring system, I never got my 1 point from my round 2 loss where I scored over 100.

Though it doesn't appear we are scoring 1s

I've only just managed to look over the scores (been super busy here) and they all look right to me. Tim, the round 2 game you played against Sharron was apparently 139-96. that was info from Sharron and Mike Moore Smuggler. Is that wrong? Blushing If so I'll definately amend your score.
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 3:15:32 AM

Mando and I played our game late last week and it was an all out melee battle! Score was 200-18 to me

I was playing

--Cane and Able--
63 Darth Bane, Sith'ari
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
30 Vergere
17 Marka Ragnos, Dark Force Spirit
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
16 Sith Recruit x4
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 11 activations)

while Mando fielded a Vong squad featuring Sha'kel, Shedao Shai and Minos, YVW.

Mando won map roll and chose his map (Asteroid Base). I decided to set up on the left so I could hide away some of my recruits in the bottom left room. The first round was pretty much a mad rush towards gambit. I had to be careful of Sha'kel's CE and counted my squares knowing he couldn't get to me first.

Second round was when all the action was going to happen. I start the round by spinning some pieces and moving my ghosts up. Mando used an Advance Scout to throw a Thud Bug at Bane but he made his save. He then decided to use Minos to use his Thud Bug as well, but luckily Bane saved again. Then it was Bane's turn. He leapt next to Minos and used another FP for Sith Rage. He hit both attacks and Minos failed one of his VCA saves. Dead Minos. Mando then ran Shedao into the fray. With an attack so high it got altitude sickness, he was never going to miss. But Bane made his Djem So save and using a FP for Overwhelming and another for Sith Rage, he hit back for 40 damage of his own. Shedao hit his second attack (of course). Bane failed his Djem so, but used a recruit to re-roll and made the second attempt and hit back for another 40. Dead Shedao. Now Sha'kel comes in to try his luck. He hits both attacks leaving Bane with only 10hp. He fails his first Djem So and I decide to re-roll it but miss that too. He makes the second Djem So, uses a FP for Overwhelming and crits! This leaves Sha'kel on 40. Caedus comes in puts a hit on him which he VCAs and leaves himself on 30.

Third round Mando wins int, but Caedus Aing-tii's and hits Sha'kel who fails his VCA save. Dead Sha'kel. Mando's only chance for 100 points is if he can take out Bane with some of his filler, but he gets healed by Vergere and he calls the game there.

Awesome game against an amazing person and player! If Bane had failed those early Thud Bug saves and more of the Djem Sos, the game would've looked a lot different and I would've struggled had I lost him for no reward. Good luck with the rest of the tournament!

TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 5:49:22 AM

Dr Daman wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Btw, if we are doing the 3-2-1 scoring system, I never got my 1 point from my round 2 loss where I scored over 100.

Though it doesn't appear we are scoring 1s

I've only just managed to look over the scores (been super busy here) and they all look right to me. Tim, the round 2 game you played against Sharron was apparently 139-96. that was info from Sharron and Mike Moore Smuggler. Is that wrong? Blushing If so I'll definately amend your score.

I'm sure that's right then. Lol, the 1 point loss is completely new to me, I'll have to keep that in mind - I'm sure I could have squeaked out 4 more points if I was aware. My fault. Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal. Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
(winces)
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 5:26:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DieAndBeMetal wrote:
Contact me on here DarthRattlehead please :)

DieAndBeMetal - I'm trying to link you up wi' Rich/Rattlehead - can you email me ASAP? kezzamachine@hotmail.com
racanelli89
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 3:55:23 AM

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I'm going through a pretty hectic time at work right now, and my schedule has been changed to a day to day type scenario. Because I don't want to slow down the tournament or force anyone to play at awkward times on my behalf, I would like to respectfully pull myself from the tournament.

This was my first experience playing minis online and it's been a ton of fun. I look forward to doing it again sometime when I actually have some time to play. You've all been really good sports, and patient with me as I've tried to learn the V-Sets. Good luck to all!

Racanelli89 :)
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 4:19:37 AM

Hate to see you go! May the force be with you.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 5:35:06 AM

Yeah, thanks for playing! I hope you'll sign up for the next Vassal event.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 1:36:59 PM

Hey guys, I'm going to throw a quick advertisement in here:

I've started a thread for the 2014 Vassal Regional Tournament (see SWM General>>Events). Saturday, July 5, starting at 2:00pm EST (that's 6:00 am NZ time). If you're having a blast (as I am!) with this NZ Vassal Tournament, then please check out the Vassal Regional. And tell a friend or three.

It's been a whole lot of fun the last two years when we've done it, and I'm hoping that we'll have even more people this time, given the great success that this NZ Vassal Tournament is having.

Anyway, back to your regularly-scheduled Vassal goodness!
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 1:44:41 AM

We're still waiting on the game between DarthRattlehead and DieAndBeMetal. Anyone know what's happening here??
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 7:04:56 AM

Btw, are we doing a top 4 playoff or just Swiss?
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 10:29:09 AM

I move for a vote of no confidence in the game between DarthRattlehead and DieAndBeMetal.
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 10:45:33 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Btw, are we doing a top 4 playoff or just Swiss?

we'll be doing a top four ThumbsUp
theultrastar
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 6:30:01 AM

I think it's safe to say that Christian and Richard's game will not be taking place? Perhaps it's time to award them both a tie and move on?
Deathwielded
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2014 6:55:07 AM

theultrastar wrote:
I think it's safe to say that Christian and Richard's game will not be taking place? Perhaps it's time to award them both a tie and move on?

yeah it's been to long and we have gotten no word.
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 5:16:17 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
theultrastar wrote:

yeah it's been to long and we have gotten no word.

I agree. I'll have to give them both a point for a tie and we'll move on. I'll post the new pairings tonight.
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 10:47:45 PM

New pairings! New

Dr Daman: 8 pts. (3-0) vs. Sharron: 7 pts. (3-0)
TimmerB123: 6 pts. (2-1) vs. Mike Moore Smauggler: 6 pts. (2-1)
Mando: 5 pts. (2-1) vs. fingersandteeth: 5 pts. (2-1)
theultrastar: 4 pts. (2-1) vs. Darth O: 3 pts. (1-2)
TINT: 3 pts. (1-2) vs. Deathwielded: 3 pts. (1-2)
Kezzamachine: 1 pts. (0-3) vs. DarthRattlehead: 3 pts. (0-1-2)
DieAndBeMetal: 2 pts. (0-1-2) vs. Bye

With Racanelli89 dropping out, we now have an odd number of players ThumbDown Unfortunately this means someone will have to have a bye. That someone is unfortunately DieAndBeMetal Sad
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:12:09 AM

Dr Daman wrote:

TimmerB123: 6 pts. (2-1) vs. Mike Moore Smauggler: 6 pts. (2-1)

Is Smauggler Mike's official title now? Does he smuggle Smaugs? Is there more than one Smaug?
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:50:34 AM

So, is this the final round of the tournament (plus top 4)?