RegisterDonateLogin

Can beat Deep Blue at Dejarik.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NZ Vassal Tournament Options
Sthlrd2
Posted: Saturday, July 5, 2014 6:13:57 PM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
(And now I am questioning why he didn't force focus the rage . . . Was he out of FPs? I don't remember. Even if he was, Markos DFS had plenty he could use.)

Umm, probably because it would have been a waste of 2 force pnts. Focus doesn't manipulate the Rage. Focus affects the Range on Leaping assault and Lightning and affects the Damage on Lightning, that is it. Rage is not a damaging Force Power. Lol as one of the designers on this set, I thought you would know this.BigGrin
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2014 8:26:03 AM
Groups: Member

Sthlrd2 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
(And now I am questioning why he didn't force focus the rage . . . Was he out of FPs? I don't remember. Even if he was, Markos DFS had plenty he could use.)

Umm, probably because it would have been a waste of 2 force pnts. Focus doesn't manipulate the Rage. Focus affects the Range on Leaping assault and Lightning and affects the Damage on Lightning, that is it. Rage is not a damaging Force Power. Lol as one of the designers on this set, I thought you would know this.BigGrin

Laugh it up, fuzzball!

Yes, clearly my head was not working properly (just look at the play errors I had).

And yes - even designers of the set cannot remember all the details at every moment. Even as late as the second to last page in Bane's design there was this comment:

"Markedman247" wrote:
Question about intent:

Force Focus 2: does the damage boost aspect affect the Sith Rage?

"fingersandteeth" wrote:
yes

So - it was intended to work, but it was dropped when wording became problematic.

Can't wait to quote you on this though, new designer for vset 9 . . . LOL