5 Salacious Crumb
9 Mouse Droid x3
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4

(200pts. 17 activations)

No humans allowed!
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:42:28 PM
Groups: Member

Yes, I was going to give him a 5, but I remembered Monster Mash.

I like greentime's comment on Monster Mash:

Quote:
So now non-humans are "monsters"? You're more racist than the Empire.

Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:59:09 PM

Hey, I don't see anybody else using Bomo Greenbark. I'm a job creator!
countrydude82487
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:07:08 AM

I have Used Bomo a few times in Lobot Reinforcemnts. Particularly in MY Squads WIth Black Sun or Xizor
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:16:41 PM

Rebel Heavy Trooper, from Bounty Hunters

Quote:
11 points, Rebel
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 12
Attack: 6
Damage: 30

Special Abilities
Heavy Weapon (Can't attack and move in the same turn)

There's some good potential damage output with this piece if you can roll well - he can pick up twin from a Rebel Captain - but 10 hit points and heavy weapon make him simply impractical to use. You don't want to waste your movement breaker on a 11 point piece with a very unreliable +6 attack. The 30 damage is tantalising, and the Rebels can outactivate enough to move him into position to attack the next round, but he's still not going to work in a proper game, 2/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2015 6:15:55 PM

Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer, from Destiny of the Force

Quote:
12 points, Mandalorian
Hit Points: 40
Defense: 17
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Cloaked (If this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)
Black Ops (Suppress enemy commander effects that alter the number of activations per phase)

Tempo control's always been a very strong strategy in Star Wars Miniatures, and the Mando CIO was an attempt to help break its dominance. While it's a good counter ability, its problem is that it's not on a strong enough piece to see regular play, and it's more likely to be used in squads that really want to out-activate the opposition, like this Dr Daman build:

Quote:
--A Little Bit of...... Blues Guitar--
58 Mandalore the Vindicated
28 Kelborn
28 Neo-Crusader Officer
27 Lobot
12 Gha Nachkt
12 Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer
11 Death Watch Saboteur
6 Mandalorian Demolitionist
18 Mouse Droid x9
(200pts. 17 activations)

The good news is that Black Ops has been reused on another Mandalorian, the Neo-Crusader Scout; at 15 points, it's not much more expensive, and it can be an interesting option as an attacker, especially in tandem with Te Ani'la Mand'alor and Cassus Fett. The Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer has largely been replaced and wasn't as effectual as hoped to start with, but Black Ops is a powerful enough ability that it does still fit into some builds, 6/10.
Echo24
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2015 6:28:17 PM

There was some discussion about how playable the CIO was when we were making the Neo Crusader Scout. I think a 6/10 is a better rating; Covert Ops is a strong ability, but it just doesn't come up too often, and having 12 points in a really crappy shooter is just too big of a detriment in general.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2015 6:31:35 PM

Sure, I'm good with a 6/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 4:55:28 PM

Mandalorian Gunslinger, from Legacy of the Force

Quote:
17 points, Mandalorian (obviously...)
Hit Points: 50
Attack: 9

Special Abilities
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Deadly Attack (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 19 or 20)
Double Attack (On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

I don't see Gunslingers on the table a whole lot; possibly because the Mandos have some other very strong Cunning options - Kelborn, the Mandalorian Gunsmith, and even Rohlan Dyre are other strong Cunning shooters for the Mandalorians - and having too many Cunning attackers in a squad often doesn't work as your opponent can just activate their big piece at the start of the round.

But the Gunslinger is still a very good piece - with Evade she has ranged protection and access to Greater Mobile via a Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo. As a 10 damage Mandalorian she can easily pick up twin from a Mandalorian Captain, Czerka, or Mandalorian Scientist, and she also has access to attack boosts from the Quartermaster or Strike Force Leader.

I'm not sure if she'll see too much table time, since the Mandalorians have other very good Cunning options, but she's still a tournament level piece, 8/10.
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:27:58 AM

Back in the Day i used to run 2 of these guys and 2 scouts for Cunning and Opportunist. They have More Been outclassed by pieces like the scouts and more of the tech that has come available in the mandalorian faction. i Would actually say 7/10 since they arent bad but have been outclassed.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:42:17 AM

countrydude82487 wrote:
Back in the Day i used to run 2 of these guys and 2 scouts for Cunning and Opportunist. They have More Been outclassed by pieces like the scouts and more of the tech that has come available in the mandalorian faction. i Would actually say 7/10 since they arent bad but have been outclassed.

Agreed.

I still keep one in my master reinforcements bag. Still a good hitter that can go nice with Kelborn and the Mando Tactician when you really need that front end punch
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:47:17 PM

Dannik Jerriko, from Bounty Hunters

Quote:
23 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 70
Attack: 9

Special Abilities
Unique
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Drain Life Energy (Whenever he defeats an adjacent living enemy, remove all damage from this character)
Proboscises (Replaces turn: Make an attack at +10 Damage against an adjacent living enemy. If this attack hits, that enemy is considered activated this round; save 11.)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

The v-set update was covered on page 19 of this thread, and this WOTC original is actually very similar; they both feature the unique-to-Dannik abilities of Drain Life Energy and Proboscises. Proboscises isn't too exciting - it only works when you replace turn against an adjacent enemy, and it only results in a 50/50 activation save. But Drain Life Energy is one of the more powerful Special Abilities in the game; when Dannik defeats an adjacent living enemy, he goes back to full hit points. It's obviously fine on a 70 hit point piece with few defensive abilities - any tournament squad should be able to take him down from full hit points to nothing in between his turns anyway - but it's unique and the only really comparable piece is Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger with his Drain Life and Sith Hunger powers. While the v-set remake is very similar, it is a slightly stronger piece - that got a 6, so original Dannik earns a 5/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:15:18 PM

Darth Zannah, from Renegades and Rogues

Quote:
48 points, Sith
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 21
Attack: 14
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Lightsaber Combat Expert (When this character rolls a 19 or better on a save to avoid damage from an attack, the attacking character takes damage equal to the amount prevented)
Soresu Style Mastery (When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time she activates)
Master of the Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn)
Force Bubble (Force 1: When this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 20)
Force Corruption 3 (Force 3, replaces turn: range 6, non-Droids only; target and each character adjacent to that target take 30 damage and are corrupted. Each time a corrupted character activates it must attempt a save of 11. On a failure, that character takes 30 damage. On a success, that character is no longer corrupted.)
Lightsaber Assault (Force 1, replaces attacks: Make 2 attacks)

Zannah is arguably the tankiest piece in the entire game - she has Soresu Style Mastery and Force Bubble, while if you're feeling saucy you can also get her more force points with a force spirit, Sith Recruits for rerolls, or even give her Crab Armor with Vergere in a Caedus squad. She takes a lot of effort to take out, and often it's a case of ignoring her and going after her support. As well as her defensive abilities, he also has Lightsaber Combat Expert, which can reflect back damage at the attacker on a save of 19. While she's not a big attacker for her points, which is why you can ignore her, Lightsaber Assault allows her to do her damage on the move, while Force Corruption 3 is a useful area damage force power.

This Darth Moore squad uses her with Caedus to access Vergere and make her obnoxiously tanky. Caedus can also help her get off a really good Force Corruption as he can move everything into position:

Quote:
“Mine Goes 2 11”
Caedus, SL
Exar FS
Zannah
Ragnos FS
Vergere
R7 Astromech
2x Caamasis
3x Sith Recruits
2x Uggies

While Zannah's a very strong piece, the current meta doesn't suit her that much - squads like Talon Karrde shooters and Vong blast bugs can slice through her relatively easily. She's still very tough to kill for most squads though, and she's a useful tool for Sith tank squads, 9/10.
Mando
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 4:45:20 AM

I really love using Zannah. She featured prominantly in squad I ran 2 years ago and came in 2nd place, after winning against a undefeated Naboo Deathshot squad. It was a Sith tanks squad that I ran her in.

--A Caedus of Immortality--
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
48 Darth Zannah
30 Vergere
27 Darth Bandon
27 Lobot
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit

Usually I would give the VCA to Caedus, but occasionally I would give it to Zannnah to make her nearly unkillable. I like Bandon + Exar in the squad to help get even more dmg output. Zannah can get the sith rage to be able to do Lightsaber Assault + sith rage for 80 dmg with Bandon's ce. Or you can give Sith Rage to Caedus and Aing Tin Flow walk for 100dmg (sith rage + cunning+ bandon's ce) and then if you win init, you do another 100 dmg. Most anything is dead at that point. I'd deal with swarms and also mid range threats with the Force Corruption 3 on her, by using SBM to group people together and then since they were within 6 of Exar FS, they needed 15's to roll out of taking 30 dmg. If I used aing ti flow walk and did SBM, I could pull it off first activation if I won init. She is a really nasty piece. My favorite moments with her have been when I pulled off the Lightsaber Combat Expert to bounce back a crit from a droid that was doing 60 dmg to her, killing him before he even got the second shot off. The ability only happens 10% of the time, but it is really nice when it does work!
Echo24
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 5:29:18 AM

I feel like a 9/10 is high; 8/10 is probably more appropriate. She isn't a bad piece, and I think she fits into your scale of 8-10 being well designed and strong enough to have an impact on the game, but she just isn't a 9 I don't think.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 5:55:31 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I used her in my 2013 Delaware Regional squad. She was just a really big interference piece while Caedus moved Klats and enemies together for Zam to shoot up. It beat a GenCon champion (TINT) running a GenCon champion-caliber squad (Cloaked Mandos). But then lost to that same squad in the finals. I think Zannah's biggest issue in the current game is just speed. Too likely to end up with 2-point wins because she doesn't have that much offensive output.

--ZZ Caedus--
48 Darth Zannah
44 Zam Wesell, Bounty Hunter
27 Lobot
24 Klatooinian Assassin x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 12 Klatooinian Assassin
(Lobot) 8 R7 Astromech Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/131822/zz-caedus
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 6:03:15 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I used her in my 2013 Delaware Regional squad. She was just a really big interference piece while Caedus moved Klats and enemies together for Zam to shoot up. It beat a GenCon champion (TINT) running a GenCon champion-caliber squad (Cloaked Mandos). But then lost to that same squad in the finals. I think Zannah's biggest issue in the current game is just speed. Too likely to end up with 2-point wins because she doesn't have that much offensive output.

--ZZ Caedus--
48 Darth Zannah
44 Zam Wesell, Bounty Hunter
27 Lobot
24 Klatooinian Assassin x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 12 Klatooinian Assassin
(Lobot) 8 R7 Astromech Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/131822/zz-caedus
Yeah, those were some epic games! As I recall, the difference (at least in the match that I won) was that MtV gave out Ruthless (crits are unblockable), which allowed damage to get through. It's a very solid squad.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 7:28:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Ruthless would have been huge, but I don't think it was the difference in the result of either game.

In the first, I was ahead on points when time was called - killing the Tactician to grab points near the end. We played it out for fun anyway and Zannah made the saves and I won.

In the second game, I waited a round or 3 to build force before advancing. You were ahead on points when time was out, but the difference was the gambit points I gave up trying to charge up force points. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think Zannah was defeated in that one either. I do remember we played that one out, too, and you won it.

So the Ruthless damage was crucial to killing Zannah, but it wasn't that important in winning the game, since Zannah's tankiness kept her alive until time was called anyway. (Unless I'm misremembering and Zannah was actually killed when time was called in the 2nd game... in which case yes! Ruthless was crucial! BigGrin )
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2015 11:19:25 PM

Echo24 wrote:
I feel like a 9/10 is high; 8/10 is probably more appropriate. She isn't a bad piece, and I think she fits into your scale of 8-10 being well designed and strong enough to have an impact on the game, but she just isn't a 9 I don't think.

I've played against her a lot, as a friend I play with really enjoys Sith, and I normally find her very tough and frustrating - I actually would have given her a 10 a couple of years back, and it's only that the meta's swung against Jedi that she's a 9. I was very lucky to beat her with Naboo at the NZ Nationals in 2013 - it was only some lucky reserves rolling from Mothma that saved me.

She's less influential than the big movement breakers - Revan and Caedus - for the Sith, and maybe Ommin is taking some of her space as well, but she's still a heck of an interference piece.
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 7:04:50 PM

Jawa Scout, from Knights of the Old Republic

Quote:
10 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 16
Damage:10

Special Abilities
Ion Gun +20 (+20 Damage against nonliving enemies)
Spotter +20 (If this character combines fire against a target within 6 squares, the attacker gets +20 Damage against that target)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

The Jawa Scout shares some functionality crossover with a couple of other cheap, stealthy Fringe pieces - the Jawa Scavenger brings accurate shot and Cunning +20 to the table as a droid shooter, while Garindan brings Spotter +30 for only a couple of extra points. So while the Jawa Scout isn't as effective a Droid killer as the Jawa Scavenger, or as effective a spotter as Garindan, the fact that it's 10 points and that you can bring in two of them with Lobot means that it's possibly an effective reinforcement choice. If you've got a damage boost like Talon Karrde or Mitt'Thrawn and are facing droids, a Jawa Scout can hit at +10 for 40. The Jawa Scout isn't the best at anything, but it might pay to have a couple in your reinforcements box, 6/10.