RegisterDonateLogin

Chocolate milk, strawberry milk. A Jedi craves not these things.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

WI 2015 Regional Saturday, June 27 Options
Chargers
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 9:51:19 AM
Groups: Member

Janesville, WI will again host the Wisconsin Star Wars Miniatures Regional.

Saturday, June 27, 11:00 am
Kryptonite Kollectibles
1441 Plainfield Ave
Janesville, WI 53545
(608) 758-2100

store opens at 10am for registration
tourney will begin at 11 am . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [edit] and may have to be done by 6pm
$TBD entry fee
we'll have prizes for all:
-- cool Eric Larson Trophies to Top 4
-- a variety of Star Wars related items to choose from

200 points
SWMGPA floor rules
restricted Map lists A, B, and C

Swiss hour rounds, then playoffs top 4

Head judge: tbd
Mando
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:44:50 AM

Awesome! I'll see if it will work out with me and my brothers schedule to make it down this year.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 2:02:38 PM

I am in if we can at least get in a few practice games in. I would love a prep tournament before hand.
Bubba Fett
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 4:17:22 PM

I'd like to come but I'll have to wait and see what kind of summer job I can get. Maybe I'll finally get to play in a regional.
harryg
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:02:45 PM

I can probably go. Getting a lot of mini goodness for my birthday so I'll be ready ;)
Jonnyb815
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:29:53 PM

Just bought a big lot of minis on ebay should have close to every mini again. I am in but still want to playtest a few games before hand.
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 10:44:17 AM

I will probably be there.

It will be my first event, could someone explain (or tell me where to find the explanation of) what the SWMGPA floor rules are, what the restricted Map lists A, B, and C are, and what the Swiss hour rounds are?

I'm familiar with the basic rules of the game, I've just only played in an extremely relaxed format (no faction limitations, etc.) with my friends.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 11:01:30 AM

Naarkon wrote:

It will be my first event, could someone explain (or tell me where to find the explanation of) what the SWMGPA floor rules are, what the restricted Map lists A, B, and C are, and what the Swiss hour rounds are?

I'm familiar with the basic rules of the game, I've just only played in an extremely relaxed format (no faction limitations, etc.) with my friends.

Maps:
Restricted A (The Civilian Sector)
Cloud City (WotC)
Theed Palace (JC)
Offworld Shipping Center (MoM)
Mining Colony:Upper (MoM)

Restricted B (Tatooine)
Rancor Pen (WotC)
Jabba's Palace (JC)
Anchorhead (JC)
Cantina (JC)

Restricted C (Hidden Bases)
Commander’s Office (WotC)
Asteroid Base (JC)
Bothan Spynet (JC)
Command Deck (MoM)

Restricted D (Force Locales)
Dark Academy (JC)
Great Library (JC)
Rhen Var Citadel (JC)
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:31:49 PM

Naarkon wrote:

Cool. Looking forward to meeting you.

Naarkon wrote:

Lily listed the maps. Hopefully that helps. TheHutts has a neat map list with pictures on this site. I'll have to find a link.

SWMGPA floor rules are the tournament rules. Basically ... bring figures, cards, dice, map, and a smile. Okay, I added that last one. No worries; just come and enjoy yourself. We'll pair you up with an opponent, track results, score points, etc. You get the fun job of playing.

The main differences of SWMGPA floor rules and the SWM rule book printed by WotC are:
1) At the beginning of a new round (when initiative is determined), the first player activates one figure instead of the normal two. Then players alternate activating their two as usual.
2) Gambit scoring is used. At the end of each round (before determining the next initiative), if you have a 5+ point figure within four squares of the center of the map you score 5 points. Each player can score these points each round. This encourages players to get into the battle and not hide in a corner.

Swiss hour rounds are: Swiss rounds of one hour games. Swiss tournament pairings keep you playing against opponents with about the same record that you have. It also sorts out those with the best records. Games are one hour long which gives you time to get into the battle with whatever team you have -- quick strike, balanced, or cautious advance.

Naarkon wrote:

Then you should fit right in with the group of jokers that will be there. BigGrin

TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:36:23 PM

Chargers wrote:
Lily listed the maps. Hopefully that helps. TheHutts has a neat map list with pictures on this site. I'll have to find a link.

Here's Kezzamachine's maplist:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/182ubbhzes305la/AAAXZzj2qI14WprJ9QHHQdQLa?dl=0
Naarkon
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:47:27 AM

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to it. I may be bringing a friend as well with his own squad.
Mando
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 1:02:52 PM

Got confirmation from my friends in my local gaming group and they are planning on coming down with me to the regional this year. If I can convince my brother to come also, then it should be 4 Minnesotans invading Wisconsin this year! ThumbsUp

Quick question: How long does the tournament usually run til? I'm going to need to drive back that night all the way to Morris,MN which is a 7 hour drive, and if the tournament is going til 8pm then that might require us to stay overnight at my brothers place in minneapolis.
Bubba Fett
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 1:33:00 PM

Hoping I can finally make it after trying to for the past three or four years. I better practice or I'll be a little rusty. Busy life I tell ya. Now that school's done maybe I can play a little more often. If I do come I'll probably one or more friends along too. Crossing my fingers!
harryg
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 4:41:05 PM

This reminds me. I am indeed coming.
Chargers
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:09:55 AM

Mando wrote:
Got confirmation from my friends in my local gaming group and they are planning on coming down with me to the regional this year. If I can convince my brother to come also, then it should be 4 Minnesotans invading Wisconsin this year! ThumbsUp

Quick question: How long does the tournament usually run til? I'm going to need to drive back that night all the way to Morris,MN which is a 7 hour drive, and if the tournament is going til 8pm then that might require us to stay overnight at my brothers place in minneapolis.

Awesome!

Sounds like we would have four rounds (ending around 4-5pm) before cutting to the top 4 (ending later).

The store normally closes at 6pm, and usually has been good about letting us play beyond that. I'm not sure about this year, though. If not, we may have to cut games off at the hour (no finish the round extended time) and keep set-up time brief.

Chargers
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:10:53 AM

Bubba Fett wrote:
Hoping I can finally make it after trying to for the past three or four years. I better practice or I'll be a little rusty. Busy life I tell ya. Now that school's done maybe I can play a little more often. If I do come I'll probably one or more friends along too. Crossing my fingers!

Hope you can join us and bring others. The more the merrier.
Chargers
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 7:55:55 PM

And ... since we have a month's notice, the Poggle/CDO/Klat/Ysalamiri changes will be in effect.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:19:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Chargers wrote:
And ... since we have a month's notice, the Poggle/CDO/Klat/Ysalamiri changes will be in effect.

Dangit, that means I have to finalize the Ysalamiri wording and write up FAQ soon. Scared

(as if I don't need to do that anyway) Wink
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:07:50 AM

What changes? Am I supposed to know about these changes? Can someone link me to the changes please?

EDIT: figured it out.
Bubba Fett
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 4:16:48 PM

Well, unfortunately it seems I will not be able to make it to the WI Regional once again this year. Sad Some family plans came up that I can't avoid. I will still try to send some of the other players over for the tourney.

Like the Cubs say: there's always next year. One of these times, I tell ya, I'm gonna get to a regional.