RegisterDonateLogin

How you get so big, drinking Milk of this kind?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ladies and Gentlemen, Gathering Forces! Options
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:31:38 PM
Groups: Member

A big thank you to everyone who designed, playtested, and debated with us to get this set where it is!

You can download the GATHERING FORCES VASSAL EXTENSION HERE!
http://1drv.ms/1HkGEJI

(Links to the Legacy sets!)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/Set/1444/legends

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/Set/1452/veterans-of-war

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/Set/1455/gathering-forces

(Designers on the set)

1. Trevor Cook -Deathsbaine
2. Richard Laws -Shmi15
3. David Moore -Dr. Daman
4. Bronson McNellis -theultrastar
5. Matt Spry -spryguy1981
6. Craig Cook -jenari
7. Jonathan Cavallini -pegolego

I will be posting 2nd Round of the league details as well as the Gathering Forces Vassal extension shortly, once again thank you to everyone involved!

SithBot
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:05:27 PM

SWEET!!
info please! cmon, yo ucant just release the pieces and make us wait for the details, ready to get started up!

Had a blast last leg, such fun, thematic armies.
Cade, Wolf, Shado, and Jariah looks like a ton of fun
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:58:02 PM

I'd help you out but Bronson is the main info guy ;)
Hall of Fame Baby!

Its like the second coming of Christ with that guy.
No one knows when it will happen, but when it does, its glorious!
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 4:10:19 PM

jen'ari wrote:

Its like the second coming of Christ with that guy.
No one knows when it will happen, but when it does, its glorious!

I laughed pretty hard when I read this.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:43:24 PM

Monday, March 16th we will be kicking off the second leg of the Vassal League! If you were not able to sign up, but still want to play, you can sign up now and play along. That's right, it doesn't matter if you were in the first round or not. You can still play along with us in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the league!

Once again that's Monday, March 16th. I will mail out the new schedules that day and you will have until Monday, April 13th to finish all of your games.
SithBot
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:59:58 PM

ThumbsUp
but March 16th is so far away.

I would love to try out and practice some of the pieces. If anyone else wants to "train" with some of their builds shoot me a bloomail and we can set it up!

First piece I want to play is probably Grievous
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:09:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1DzZ7oShl4

Thats how I feel about the set coming out!

Anyway I think I will run a different faction for each game this extension of the league.
darth_Nevar
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:02:50 PM

I just looked through the entire set and I am absolutely floored. You guys did a phenomenal job! Everyone should make some time to look through this set! I cannot wait for the league to start back up!
scruffyhan
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2015 8:21:37 PM

So even though I missed the initial sign up period, I can still sign up now and play? Tempting. Very tempting. Though I may need to sit out again just to give you all a chance.
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2015 9:11:36 PM

hmmm. the scruffyhan might take action...
I wonder which division he will be in. My division has 2 of the top 4. Would make it hard to get into the "post-season" with Justin playing so well and Scruffy being added to the mix.

but this is a different ball game than standards people are playing very unique squads, there is no real meta to play off. Players can play in very diverse ways and have it work. Each faction brings something unique and fun.

I am not a well-known player and Justin has just picked it up from years ago. Dr. Daman and Ultrastar are the other two in the top 4. Makes for interesting games and outcomes when the meta is diverse and lots of armies can be competitive.

Point being: You are not ensured a victory in the Gathering Forces leg of the league
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2015 9:25:49 PM

SithBot wrote:

but this is a different ball game than standards people are playing very unique squads, there is no real meta to play off. Players can play in very diverse ways and have it work. Each faction brings something unique and fun.

Good point! I loved your Thon/Tott/Meetra army. only one damage dealer and you won the game handily. Hard to imagine that without a full board swap or something.

I also remember reading about a jedi hunter squad with a triple twin old school durge.

but my favorite army had to be Justin Cook's THE SKYWALKER INHERITANCE with Grandmaster Luke, Ben Skywalker, and Mara Jade, Jedi. it destroyed my Sith army haha. Luke went nasty beast mode on Bane, as it should be.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 10:49:15 AM

We talked a little about Darth Bane's Holocron on the show Thursday. It reminded me about discussions we've had in the past about attempting to introduce objects into the game ala Heroclix. I thought this was a great treatment of a holocron...Kinda Hansicle-like while giving the opponent the opportunity to move it. Whoever had a hand in this design, well done.
SithBot
Posted: Saturday, March 7, 2015 5:44:16 PM

I was thinking about competitive builds for the Gathering Forces release using gathering force pieces. I really think the Imperial Palpatine will make a great build with the Vader. Just have to find the right pieces to compliment those two and the 91 points they take.
I like that it can be done without Thrawn as well. So I think I am going to give those two a go.

I am also trying to piece together a Zekk Squad that can be competitive, its hard to figure out which jaina to use and which other pieces to drop with him. The idea of the "second class" NR (Zekk, little jaina, little jacen) pieces intrigues me.

Of course I want a Grievous army, thinking about mixing it with Nute somehow haha. between the Destroyer Droids energy shield and Bodyguard, Grievous ought to keep quad for a while, would need to be able to fit in a different damage dealer though.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, March 9, 2015 7:23:56 PM

Might want to think about Spryguys idea of the Luke FS in the Zekk squad and/or Streen to go with the "second class" NR pieces, he gives them all Lightsaber Block and will gain force points to effectively use more powerful force powers
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 8:09:42 PM

WOOT WOOT!! cant wait for my schedule.
technically its Monday where I live....

lets get to it
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 3:20:23 AM

Schedules have been sent out! As a reminder here is the current standings....

1. Justin Cook: 5-0-0 (14pts)
2. Dr Daman: 4-0-1 (13pts)
3. TheUltrastar: 5-0-0 (12pts)
4. Sithbot: 4-1-0 (12pts)
5. Spryguy1981: 3-1-1 (9pts)
6. Amadeus: 3-2-0 (9pts)
7. Shmi15: 3-2-0 (9pts)
8. Darth_Nevar: 3-2-0 (9pts)
9. Darth O: 3-2-0 (7pts)
10. pegolego: 2-3-0 (6pts)
11. Deaths_Baine: 2-3-0 (6pts)
12. obiwan1knight: 2-3-0 (6pts
13. Mando: 2-3-0 (5pts)
14. MiniJedi: 1-4-0 (3pts)
15. darthrattlehead: 1-3-1 (3pts)
16. DieAndBeMetal: 1-3-1 (2pts)
17. Jen'ari: 0-5-0 (0pts)
18. sharron: 0-5-0 (0pts)

The Gathering Forces Vassal Extension has been finished. Send me a bloomail with your email addy and I will email it to you! Or if we have someone that will host it like with Veterans of War, I will send it to them and you can download it there! I hope everyone enjoys the new set, and I hope everyone has a blast in this 2nd round of the Vassal League. I'm looking forward to reading some play reports!
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 9:53:51 AM

Remember the deadline to finish all of your games is Monday, April 13th!
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 10:48:30 AM

Updated V40 for Gathering Forces release

Old Republic
1. Master Thon
2. Carth Onasis
3. Ulic Qel Droma, Jedi Knight
4. Mical, The Disciple

Sith
1. Darth Talon, Sith Assassin
2. Darth Maladi
3. Alema Rar
4. Darth Traya

Republic
1. Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
2. Commander Fox
3. Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
4. Chief Tarfful

Seps
1. Sora Bulq
2. BX Commando Droid Sniper
3. Savage Oppress
4. Rune Haako

Rebels
1. General Lando Calrissian
2. Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
3. Biggs Darklighter, Rebel Pilot
4. SpecForce Technician

Imps
1. Roan Fel, True Emperor
2. Imperial Knight Strike Team Leader
3. Carnor Jax
4. Imperial Knight Master

New Republic
1. Chewbacca, Galactic Hero
2. Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
3. Corran Horn, Jedi Master
4. Wolf Sazen

Mandos
1. Kelborn
2. Mandalorian Demolitionist
3. Pre Vizsla
4. Demagol

Fringe
1. Embo
2. Figrin D'an
3. HK-47 Assassin Droid
4. IG88A
5. Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal
6. Momaw Nadon
7. Marn Hierogryph
8. Czerka Shield Technician
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 2:46:44 PM

All women sith eh?

Tarrful is a cool pick up, as is bringing back Sora Bulq.
pegolego
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 8:31:49 PM

My game with Darth_Nevar just wrapped up, to kick off the second leg!

My squad consisted of:

Cade from Legends
Shado Vao from GF
Wolf Sazen (WotC)
Ganner
Jariah Syn
R7
3 of each Uggies/Mice

my opponent played Ghost Crew:

Kanan
Sabine
Zeb
Hera
with EMBO
R7
4 uggies and a couple mice I think (or maybe the other way around on that)

And this game was a tale of two halves... Nevar won map roll, we played on Anchorhead (a good map for shooters in general), I started from the right side. We advanced, me careful not to give Sabine a good accurate shot in round one, after making the mistake with similar squads, before the 2nd leg started, of giving her my Jariah Syn in round 1 (coincidentally, the defense of Cade with Bubble, the Surprise from Wolf and the sheer damage output once in close ended up letting me NARROWLY win that game). Sabine moved in as the last act and took gambit.

Round 2, the only init check I won, I elected to go 2nd (hoping to either have him waste a shooter by moving Sabine or Hera to get Sabine out, or else I had a good shot at dropping her early, taking a good portion of damage output from the other side). She rolled out on her own turn, and then I went. Having used Surprise Move on Wolf, I had him advanced to a position to have him as a Levitation option from the bottom door into the gambit zone, should I need it (I opened the door with a mouse). After each of us activated some fodder, the game was at a pretty advanced age at that point and I figured I needed to be aggressive, because the Rebels had no need to come in at my melee beats, they could stay out and take shots (the big door on the left was blown open). I used the levitation and got Wolf to hit Sabine. 20 and 19 were his rolls, but I forgot that Opportunist didn't work (doh!), and she made a Beskar save, leaving her at 30 HP. Wolf got chewed up QUICK. I advanced my other attackers into the gambit area, Jariah to the bottom OUTSIDE the room (he got a shot at the R7 which missed, and then hit a Mouse with the cannon shot from Cade). Afterwards, Kanan killed Jariah, and I quickly was down to 2.5 attackers (Ganner CAN work some offense, obviously, with Double, Sweep Push... But he's more tech than anything). Embo came in and based Ganner, but missed one attack (needing 7s), so he had 70 HP left.

Round 3, Nevar went first (the init check was 19-17 in his favor), taking shots with Sabine and getting her out of range to safety for the time being. She put 30 damage on Cade which I forgot to Bubble. I took my turn and killed Embo with the combined efforts of the good Ganner's Double Attack and Shado's LS Assault, though that put both of them towards the back of the room, meaning it would be more difficult to get them out into the fight for the coming rounds. Kanan shot at Cade, as well as Zeb, but I don't think anything got through, after we ended up ruling that Kanan didn't get his own Squad Firepower, only boosted his allies with it (though Nevar thought that the original intention was that Kanan DID get the bonus, the CE just hadn't been properly worded), which kept 10 damage off Cade by the time Bubble was factored in (he had 3 FP left to spare), since the next two rolls were low for Nevar. At that point, with the misses and Embo dying, things turned around quickly. Cade got 30 on Kanan with Lightning, so he had 60 HP remaining. Zeb and Hera were full, and Sabine still had 30 for his side. On mine, Cade had 80, Shado full 110 and Ganner 70.

After moving some fodder, round 4 began with Nevar winning init to continue his good init rolls, basing Cade with Zeb in an attempt to activate him with Bo-Rifle Assault. A roll of one continued Nevar's streak of awful attack rolls. With 2 acts, I used Ganner to take Shado within range of Kanan. Shado proceeded to use Assault (he never got to Surprise Attack though), and needing 5s rolled 19/15 I believe (my init rolls weren't enough, but my attack rolls were crazy high). Hera took some shots at Shado, putting 40 on him, but Sabine's rolls when she moved down to get a clean shot, weren't so good. Cade used Force Leap to get the now-within-reach Sabine, hitting both swings splendidly.

The game ended, I secured a 2 point victory (needing quite a bit, about 60 or 70 points I believe, to have gotten 3) and evened my record for the League thus far at 2-2.