Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ladies and Gentlemen, Gathering Forces! Options
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:04:58 PM
Groups: Member

Darth O wrote:
Ah, that was me you played, not Dr Daman :P

*head to desk*

Gah!! totally messed that post up. Need. More. Coffee.

I edited the earlier post to be correct. Sorry bout that man!
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 7:20:08 PM

Just finished my game with DieAndBeMetal on Peaceful City

I ran
This squad is so Gay:
36 Darth Sidious
24 Commando Droid Captain
16 VoW San Hill
60 BX-Sniper x4
14 Chadra Fan Slicer
9 BDO
8 R7
10 Muun Guard x2
9 Mouse x3
6 Uggie x2

vs
57 VoW Vader
48 Unleashed Apprentice
34 GF Sid
23 Legends Tarkin
10 Figrin Dan
16 R7 x2
5 Stormtrooper
6 Uggie x2

Round 1 was positioning and I claimed Gambit 10-0

Round 2 more positioning as I stayed in Gambit, Vader moves up and FYD's a Commando Droid so its Savage. One Commando gets 30 on Figrin, Sid pawns the other commando, it moves, and then takes its turn to double Tarkin for the kill shot. Savage BX bases Vader and 10HP Figrin 43-3

Round 3 I sac an uggie and he use the Savage BX to kill Figrin. Vader kills the savage one, makes another savage. Apprentic comes up and zaps my Commando Captain. I put 60 damage on the apprentice. Sid claims gambit 63-42

Round 4 I sac a mouse and use a commando to put another 30 on the Apprentice. Stormtrooper shoots an uggie an and misses, his R7's block my 2 commandos from shooting, Sid zaps Apprentice, Apprentice runs away with SBM. I run San into gambit 73-45 and thats time for the match.

Losing that Captain was rough and took me by surprise but I managed to win from scramble mode. I get a 2pt win.

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:15:28 PM

Did I just read that right?

Only 4 rounds and no one got to 100 points? I think no points should be awarded at all.

spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:26:19 PM

You'd have to have seen the game. I stayed in the fight the entire time, I never ran away, I didnt slow play. DabM plays slow himself. I missed several rolls that would've killed the requisite 100pts so therefore I should get awarded my points because I played to score 200 I just couldnt roll and he hid a lot of the game.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:44:15 AM

I played Darth O last night. Oli won map, and ran Jabba's Palace.

Oli ran:
Lord Vader
Grand Admiral Thrawn
The Inquisitor
and the Palpatine from Gathering Forces
he had 10 acts, the rest of his acts was stuff like mice, rodians, and door control.

I ran Old Republic, and I went heavy defense. I figured I would try and surprise Oli, since I never run high Defense.
Revan from Legends
Bastila from Legends
Community Meetra from Vets of War
Valenthyne from Legends
T3M4 from WoTC
I had 9 acts. The rest was filler. Door control and mice.

I gave Meetra and Bastila both Makashi. First round was positioning, Oli swapped Inquisitor with a Rodian and ran in and Lightsaber Flurried on Meetra I believe, could have been Bastila. Anyways, I was able to negate all the damage. Oli got gambit, I didn't.
Top of the 2nd round, Inquis had to run away, so I got an AoO and put 20 on the Inquis. In the 2nd round I moved all of pieces closer and held the center of the map. I think Vader came in against Bastila, and did a little damage to her. I negated most of his damage. I think she had 50 hp at the end of the round? Anyways we both got Gambit here.
Oli won init with Master Tact, so in the start of the 3rd I used Squad heal with Bastila, Oli attacked Bastila, and I negated most of Vader's damage. I think he may have got Bastila to 30. I smacked Vader 3 times with Bastila, and put 60 on Vader. I hit 2 attacks, one being a crit, and I missed a third attack. I then ran Revan in, and went for the kill on Vader. I got Vader down to 10hp. Oli used Palps and pulled Vader back and bunched my pieces together, and then used lightning. At this point I had to make a choice between T3M4 dying and Bastila, I gave him Bastila. I think the Inquis went in at Meetra but didn't do much of anything (if anything at all, he was pretty useless this game wasn't he Oli?) Oli swapped Vader back, I believe I got gambit here and Oli didn't.
Next round I believe I kill the Inquisitor,, put 40 on the Emperor with T3, protect T3 with Bubble, survive another group lightning. I lost Valenthyne.

The game was really tight. Oli played it to where it all came down to the final play. He took Valenthyne with Lord Vader and retreated to try and protect Vader. Giving me only one piece that could possibly reach him that being Meetra. I moved Meetra 6, and threw my lightsaber at him. One attack, one chance, no rerolling. I roll, and hit Vader, killing him. Game over. 139-94 was the final score. It was a really great game. Any time a game is that fun, and that close the outcome doesn't really matter. We laughed after the game about how all of our games come down to situations like this. So a 2pt win for me. Oli thank you so much for a wonderful game. So far in this leg of the tournament, I am 2-2. One game left to go!
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:03:55 PM

Just finished my 5th and final game for this leg of the tournament against Deathsbane

I ran
64 Legends Mace
48 VoW Kit
29 GF Aayla
27 Ferus
9 R2 Astro
8 R7
9 Mouse x3
6 Uggie x2

vs
47 Gen Sky
40 Rako
38 Legends Agen
26 JWM
20 Legends Bossk
9 R2 Astro
5 Rodian Dip
9 Mouse x3
6 Uggie x2

on Jabbas Palace

Round 1 was positioning and I got gambit with Kit keeping my team together, he moved Agen to get a surprise push on Mace for Round 2

Round 2 he wins init Pushes Mace for 20, goes first, runs away. R2 tows in Aayla who pushes Agen killing R2, Mouse, Rodian. Through the round Aayla dies and R2, Mace drops Bossk to 10, Rako is dropped to 20, Mace is based to both, Ferus and Kit are set up for the next round.

Round 3 I win init and he concedes because Mace can kill Rako, Bossk, and a Mouse and he can't kill much else.

Final Score of

200-48

Aayla was a fun piece to play in this match.

5-0 with 14pts for the 2nd leg of the event.
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:49:15 PM

That was one of the greatest games of all. Any single roll could have changed the outcome. Bastilla not getting a crit, Bastilla not failing her Blocks, Inquisitor hitting, Revan hitting Vader.... We both had roughly the same luck the whole game and it came down to Meetra needing an 8 in the last play. This game is the best.
Justin Cook
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:25:24 PM

Just played Darth O

I ran a fully optimized squad (I think), he ran a could be dangerous fun squad.

We played on my map (that h chose) Commander's office

I ran *Revan's Legacy*

Revan
Hk-47 assassin
Carth Onasi
T3-M4
OR Commander
Elite Czerka
3 uggies
3 mouse droids

He ran:
Rako Hardeen
Agen Kolar
Aayla Secura
Hanharr *WOOT!*
Plo Koon
1 uggie

He got to gambit right away and first two rounds were set up, end of second round i had my guys out ready for the free for all that might happen.

I won init and moved T3 up for a massive double flamethrower, it hit everyone except the uggie and Aayla.

I had forgotten to use my czerka to give someone blast cannon the first round, which stunk.

He killed some filler.
He kept using Electric Judgement man, it was nasty. He activated Revan, than activated HK the next round, he finally fell to my carth Onasi.

He rolled some pretty bad rolls, needing 7s and 8s and missing with both attacks and things. his positioning and strategy was spot on. Leaping assault from Agen was great, wish Agen had protective for council members like Plo Koon.

Hanharr's anarchist ability was pretty awesome. Rako did not impress me a whole lot to be honest. not enough hmmph for 40 points imo.

My MVP was probably Carth, his MVP was Plo Koon in this match up.

Loved seeing the "Unsung Heroes" being played

Darth O is a great guy to play with, curteous, no wasting time, just gets to it, Awesome! lot of fun

I think the final score I had 224 to his 68 i believe
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:38:53 PM

No way you made that squad bro ^^ did Trevor make that for you?
It's a great build. really good. Shields 1 and blast cannon and GMA to the HK-47 = one bad meat bag killer.
dropping 17 attk for 40 dmg a pop and can do so on the move with sniper, pretty powerful stuff.

Good usage of the Carth Onasi as well, double twin with cunning, can get to a 16 attack as well.

good squad, looks fun and deadly

AGEN KOLAR!!! not the best piece in the world (i designed him) but looks like he has done fairly well for himself.
AAYLA SECURA (also my design) not the best piece in the world either, but she did something ;)

Getting to see some Rako Hardeen as well. Sweet!
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:28:43 PM

I cannot set up my match with Darth Rattlehead or Sharron. I also do not want free points.

This is what I propose (if anyone is interested).

Someone else who has had no luck with getting a game scheduled can play against me.

If I win I get the points I earned. If I lose it goes down as a loss on my record.

If the other person wins he/she gets the points, if the other person loses it goes down as a loss on their record.

Any takers?

and since the people we have tried to schedule for have shown no signs of actually scheduling, they receive 0 pts.

This idea lets us play games.
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:17:29 PM

I will play against you little man.

I cannot schedule my game with sharron either.

Does anyone have an idea who sharron is? and why (s)he is not responding to bloomails?

anyway, I will not go easy so come prepared.
Here is a one word hint at what my army will consist of:
Pawn

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:26:40 PM

Well well well

Here is a hint for you.

Old Republic
Amadeus
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:08:51 PM

I've yet to hear a response from dieandbemetal so far.

I heard from darth nevar, but he hasn't been responding to further BMs.

If you are either of these two and want to get your game in, friday night, saturday, and monday night is when I am available. I have a final exam ending at 6:30 EST on friday (tomorrow), and another final ending at 6:30 EST Monday. If you can wait until monday night that would be awesome as these are extremely demanding courses and I need to study for them. Thanks :)
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 2:34:57 AM

I finally got my game in with Justin Cook (who was the last opponent on my schedule) he ran a rough low activation Sith squad with Sidious (Legends), Darth Vader (Gathering Forces), Darth Bane's Holocron (Gathering Forces), Darth Malgus (Legends), and filler. I ran Old Republic, went high defense again and ran Revan (Legends), Bastila (Legends), Meetra (Veterans of War), General Farfalla (Legends), T3M4, and filler. I had 9 acts and out acted Justin by a couple acts.

Justin won map, and so we played on Grand Plaza. Round 1 was positioning. Justin got to his Holocron with Vader and took Illusion, so I go to 9 Gambit. Justin captures Gambit, I do not. Score is 9 - 10 (Justin)

2nd Round, Justin wins init, decides to go first, Justin uses Intuition with Sid, I use Surprise move with Revan. Justin acts Vader and grips Farfalla, getting t3M4 in the process, this would have normally killed T3, but I was able to use Bubble on him with Farfalla and so he only took 10 dmg. I use this round to position. Justin does the same, intending to make me come to him since he is up on gambit. I outact him and keep T3 for the end. After he is out acted, I decide to set up a sac move to lure him into coming to me. At the same time I'm able to Flamethrower with T3, kill a couple of his acts for 6 points, and put 20 on Sidious. I am able to capture gambit, along with Justin. So now I'm up on gambit. Score is 25 - 20 (Me)

3rd round, Justin wins init, and Intuitions with Sidious. He takes the bait and bases both T3M4 and Meetra Surik. I was guessing that he would have used Leaping Assault and charged in, but since he uses Intuition, I am able to get an AoO which I hit. He uses Illusion, I make the save so the damage sticks. He has now taken 40 dmg. Now instead of going first here with Sid and attacking, Justin decides to act Malgus, and charge in, base Meetra, and Sith Rage 2. I am as surprised as anyone, he rolls up and Doubles. Both hit, I makashi one of the attacks away, and bubble the other to take 20 dmg. So now I have 2 acts. I run Bastila in and Trip on Sid, I hope to roll high and force him to use his Force Point's trying to Illusion. I roll a 1, and a 2 on my first 2 attacks, and then I roll high on my 3rd. He uses Illusion I make the save. I then choose to use Force Stasis, he fails the save, and the reroll so Sidious takes another 20 and is activated. He has now taken 80 total. I then run in with Revan for the kill I hit all of my attacks, he tries to Illusion twice, but I make both saves. Sidious drops. Justin then tries to Leaping Assault with Vader on Meetra but I makashi the damage, and Force Bubble, to take like 10 dmg I believe. Justin concedes at this point.

I take the 3pt win. So at the end of this leg of the tournament I am 3-2 with 7 points. Not my best outing. Though I am in good position heading into the final leg of the tournament.
Mando
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 5:12:28 AM

I haven't heard back from Darthrattlehead and Sharron yet. If either of you two see this, please bloomail me so we can get our game scheduled
Mando
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 5:15:48 AM

jen'ari wrote:
I cannot set up my match with Darth Rattlehead or Sharron. I also do not want free points.

This is what I propose (if anyone is interested).

Someone else who has had no luck with getting a game scheduled can play against me.

If I win I get the points I earned. If I lose it goes down as a loss on my record.

If the other person wins he/she gets the points, if the other person loses it goes down as a loss on their record.

Any takers?

and since the people we have tried to schedule for have shown no signs of actually scheduling, they receive 0 pts.

This idea lets us play games.

I'd be good for playing against you again. I'm in the same dilemma of having the same 2 people on my schedule that just don't seem to even come on bloomilk at all. I wonder how they even learned about this tournament in the first place....
Justin Cook
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 6:22:06 AM

theultrastar wrote:
I finally got my game in with Justin Cook (who was the last opponent on my schedule) he ran a rough low activation Sith squad with Sidious (Legends), Darth Vader (Gathering Forces), Darth Bane's Holocron (Gathering Forces), Darth Malgus (Legends), and filler. I ran Old Republic, went high defense again and ran Revan (Legends), Bastila (Legends), Meetra (Veterans of War), General Farfalla (Legends), T3M4, and filler. I had 9 acts and out acted Justin by a couple acts.

Justin won map, and so we played on Grand Plaza. Round 1 was positioning. Justin got to his Holocron with Vader and took Illusion, so I go to 9 Gambit. Justin captures Gambit, I do not. Score is 9 - 10 (Justin)

2nd Round, Justin wins init, decides to go first, Justin uses Intuition with Sid, I use Surprise move with Revan. Justin acts Vader and grips Farfalla, getting t3M4 in the process, this would have normally killed T3, but I was able to use Bubble on him with Farfalla and so he only took 10 dmg. I use this round to position. Justin does the same, intending to make me come to him since he is up on gambit. I outact him and keep T3 for the end. After he is out acted, I decide to set up a sac move to lure him into coming to me. At the same time I'm able to Flamethrower with T3, kill a couple of his acts for 6 points, and put 20 on Sidious. I am able to capture gambit, along with Justin. So now I'm up on gambit. Score is 25 - 20 (Me)

3rd round, Justin wins init, and Intuitions with Sidious. He takes the bait and bases both T3M4 and Meetra Surik. I was guessing that he would have used Leaping Assault and charged in, but since he uses Intuition, I am able to get an AoO which I hit. He uses Illusion, I make the save so the damage sticks. He has now taken 40 dmg. Now instead of going first here with Sid and attacking, Justin decides to act Malgus, and charge in, base Meetra, and Sith Rage 2. I am as surprised as anyone, he rolls up and Doubles. Both hit, I makashi one of the attacks away, and bubble the other to take 20 dmg. So now I have 2 acts. I run Bastila in and Trip on Sid, I hope to roll high and force him to use his Force Point's trying to Illusion. I roll a 1, and a 2 on my first 2 attacks, and then I roll high on my 3rd. He uses Illusion I make the save. I then choose to use Force Stasis, he fails the save, and the reroll so Sidious takes another 20 and is activated. He has now taken 80 total. I then run in with Revan for the kill I hit all of my attacks, he tries to Illusion twice, but I make both saves. Sidious drops. Justin then tries to Leaping Assault with Vader on Meetra but I makashi the damage, and Force Bubble, to take like 10 dmg I believe. Justin concedes at this point.

I take the 3pt win. So at the end of this leg of the tournament I am 3-2 with 7 points. Not my best outing. Though I am in good position heading into the final leg of the tournament.

In response to this insane match. I got screwed because of 2 things...one is my fault because i havent taken the time to look up and get familiar with the pieces and rules, dumb ones i think, like moving next to a wall allowing aoo(one of the dumbest things i have ever heard of) also not knowing banes haulocron gave the opponent 9 gambit didnt help(in this particular squad i dont even think i would have used it) also i have developed a strong dislike for defensive abiities being able to be used as a response every single turn(I am of the opinion they should only be allowed to be used once per round, unless the person had mof, maybe I am crazy but thinking of minis as simulating a real battle, it is crazy to think that these things happening in real time would afford someone the opportunity to use force bubble 3-4 times in one round and still move and do all his regular activation stuff on his turn, or even a character potentially force blocking 3-4 times in a round seems a little ridiculous to me) anyway, that is my main complaint with that....it just seems like a big load of crap

also this old republic build is too powerful, i will openly admit i am not the most experienced player, but the damage absorption of this squad is too much to overcome (i ran a pretty offensive squad and used them as such[to my downfall as the result shows] but regardless i used sidious triple atk for 30 dmg a pop, malgus double for 40 a pop, and vader triple for 30 dmg a pop, every single atk hit the same target....so 260 total points of dmg were dealt, but through the combination of makashi, several force bubbles, and good rolling on his part the dmg total was 30! all 3 of my top tier attackers are now all activated and i dealt a whopping 30 dmg, which if he had chosen he could have further prevented with one of his peoples force abilities that allows him to lightsaber block from a distance(cant remember stupid ability right now)

anyway, good luck to who have the displeasure of facing this stupid squad, and if you would like to discuss any issues i brought up, go ahead
and i know someone is gonna say something about some good shooter squad, but this squad can choose makashi or that other one that is the same but for non-melee (seresu maybe) and 2 key people get it, and still have the ability to force bubble atks, distant lightsaber d for people, heal with touch, and squad heal, and by the time someone engages them and uses all there attacks to deal dmg and it is reduced to practically nothing the army can just position itself wherever it needs to in order to destroy you, remember revan has double twin greater mobile for 120, bastilla has triple greater mobile and t3 can auto 40 dmg someone, and the others arent that great at atk, but it is enough to absorb maybe 40 dmg from an entire squad atk by opponent and then drop a key piece in one round
SithBot
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 6:33:16 AM

Its clearly a powerful build.

T3-M4 is proving to be MVP of OR right now.

Revan is doing well.

As far as Farfalla goes, he would need to die first.

Giving him makashi really stinks because he will lvie a long time between bubble, makashi, and lightsaber protection.

Meetra is a community piece and something I had a hand in designing. I like her a lot but she is very very powerful in Legacy format. Might be time to let the community design a new piece and phase her out. That way the community has another chance to design a piece and we can see something new. I recommend a Seba Sebatyne!
Mando
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 6:56:43 AM

theultrastar wrote:

As a major fan of Tank squad builds, I love the squad you made Ultrastar! Great squad build man!
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 8:12:07 AM

Mando we might be able to work something out late tonight my time, i am talking late, like 11:30 pm eastern if you could that time. I might be able to.

About Meetra, personally, like the build because it is powerful and good, but it is a whole lot of defense in that build. 2 makashi, bubble, protect, and l defense. On top of that it is a lot of offense. double, twin, gma, cunning, dbl flamethrower, gma triple.

It has a top level ranking for defense and a great rating for offense (the movement and damage opportunity makes even more defensive). Good build