RegisterDonateLogin

Knows it's a trap!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Your regional Team? Options
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:21:25 PM
Groups: Member

I'd rather not see any pieces banned in the game. That reminds me too much of other games. I'd just rather see them place Makashi Style Mastery on other pieces to even the field a bit in some other factions.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:24:57 PM

Mickey wrote:
I'd rather not see any pieces banned in the game. That reminds me too much of other games. I'd just rather see them place Makashi Style Mastery on other pieces to even the field a bit in some other factions.

Every collectable game that has expansions ends up with a piece or two banned. I think after 12 sets needing to ban 1 figure is really way above the standard and speaks volumes to Rob ability to design a great game.

I also know how some of the playtesting goes when designing this game and I know that they missed the boat with Gowk.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:28:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mickey wrote:

Preferably on pieces with Evade and/or Deflect Razz
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:51:29 PM

Are there rules about language on this forum? I have noticed some harsh words in a few threads over the past few days. We need to do a better job of understanding that there are some young players that may use this forum and should not be subjected to that type of language.

Also, this thread has gone WAY off topic, and no one commented on my squadWink
Mando
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 2:25:01 AM

Emperor Roan Fel 57
Antares Draco 33
Imperial Knight 22
Admiral Ozzel 11
Jagged Fel 10
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3

ThumpUp BigGrin Confused
Robin
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 6:43:17 AM

Haha we r preety off topic, but as for language come ur being a little silly. Ur worring about language online for kids, u should be worryed about worst things online. That's just me though
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 6:53:10 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I know Shinja has removed quite a bit of "off color" remarks from here. And yes, it's because under-age people use this site regularly. Well that and it's just not appropriate.

This can be discussed further on a separate topic under General, start one if you wish, so that this thread can resume talking about the Regionals. BlooMilk
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:08:59 AM

Mando wrote:
Emperor Roan Fel 57
Antares Draco 33
Imperial Knight 22
Admiral Ozzel 11
Jagged Fel 10
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3

ThumpUp BigGrin Confused

Mando, I like that squad, but I don't know if it has enough pop to be majorly successful. It kind of banks on getting the Cortisis roll and shutting down opposing Jedi. You need some Shooter defense to be able to move into melee range.
awesome
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 7:26:49 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
Mando wrote:
Emperor Roan Fel 57
Antares Draco 33
Imperial Knight 22
Admiral Ozzel 11
Jagged Fel 10
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3

ThumpUp BigGrin Confused

Mando, I like that squad, but I don't know if it has enough pop to be majorly successful. It kind of banks on getting the Cortisis roll and shutting down opposing Jedi. You need some Shooter defense to be able to move into melee range.

Yeah but just think if you cortossed GOWK Woot he would suck it up, the only thing he could do is push, and you can defense or sever that.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:30:18 AM

awesome wrote:
ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
Mando wrote:
Emperor Roan Fel 57
Antares Draco 33
Imperial Knight 22
Admiral Ozzel 11
Jagged Fel 10
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3

ThumpUp BigGrin Confused

Yeah but just think if you cortossed GOWK Woot he would suck it up, the only thing he could do is push, and you can defense or sever that.

LOL but can you kill him? you only gets points if he dies. None for him being ineffective.
awesome
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:58:38 AM

yeah but if hes ineffective than it makes it easier to defeat him, the +4 attack and defense isnt always going to win a game, and allot of pieces have disruptive now so GOWK isnt going to win everything,

Sithborg
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:49:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Obi still has Push. And Cortosis is rather useless against Dash, Rex, and Jarael.
awesome
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:54:47 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Obi still has Push. And Cortosis is rather useless against Dash, Rex, and Jarael.

Actually cortossis still works on Jareal and dash and rex actually arnt that good, they go down easy, there probablem is low HP and low defence(oh yeah and dash's attack isnt very good).
so dont go depending on any single piece.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 1:08:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

awesome wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Actually cortossis still works on Jareal and dash and rex actually arnt that good, they go down easy, there probablem is low HP and low defence(oh yeah and dash's attack isnt very good).

Nope, Jarael doesn't have a Lightsaber, thus no Cortosis.
And generally, Imperial Knight squads have NO defense against range. Thus, they will die before they even get close to Rex or Dash.
awesome
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 1:42:14 PM

Sithborg wrote:
awesome wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Nope, Jarael doesn't have a Lightsaber, thus no Cortosis.
And generally, Imperial Knight squads have NO defense against range. Thus, they will die before they even get close to Rex or Dash.

who says they will be open to get shot at? I dont run imperial that much but the way I play, you wont be able to shoot anything until Im close enough to hit you.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 2:37:23 PM

awesome wrote:
yeah but if hes ineffective than it makes it easier to defeat him, the +4 attack and defense isnt always going to win a game, and allot of pieces have disruptive now so GOWK isnt going to win everything,

you totally missed my point....

So you cortosis Obi.... you still have to kill his squad and hope that he does not still outscore you. As stated before if Obi is ineffective you are still looking to get or make up 55 points. So if your opponent scores 96 points in kills with you both having equal gambit.... well it would still be a loss. That is my point. Obi's problem is the whole piece not one aspect. As SB pointed out he would still have Force push.....
Mickey
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 2:44:06 PM

I have to disagree on Rex and Dash not being good. Rex by the numbers is one of the best figures for the price. Dash has to be good or he wouldn't be listed in so many squads these days. I also find it hard to believe you can traverse all the maps without being shot first on a melee piece before you can hit them.

I played a squad similar to the Roan squad listed above and it got toasted quickly. Now mind you I'm not the best player by any account but the best squad I have found is a mix of shooters and melee. All melee usually has problems. An all shooter can work well more often than not.
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:49:51 AM

awesome wrote:
ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
Mando wrote:
Emperor Roan Fel 57
Antares Draco 33
Imperial Knight 22
Admiral Ozzel 11
Jagged Fel 10
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist 3

ThumpUp BigGrin Confused

I would like to point out that the first time I ever played GOWK, an enemy imperial knight got a 20 lightsaber block save, which cortorised poor GOWK. It sucks when that happens!
Glympse
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 5:56:44 AM

joelker41 wrote:
I played a game with a Serenno/Dash/San Hill squad yesterday vs the best Vong squad I've seen in 150.

Who all was in this Vong squad you nearly got beat against buddy? I'm curious.
owaller3
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:02:56 PM

I will play the below squad at regionals in NJ.

--Viable--
50 Darth Vader, Unleashed
33 Emperor Palpatine on Throne
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
11 Admiral Ozzel
10 Jagged Fel
5 Imperial Dignitary
4 Gran Raider
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 10 activations)

I haven't lost with this squad in tournament play and I have beaten GOWK every match I have played against it. I have also played against nearly all the top tier meta and have not lost with it. This build is made for all meta not just GOWK.