RegisterDonateLogin

I'm Mon Mothma, and I approve this website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Your regional Team? Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 3:21:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Opan Windu wrote:
Yames2.0 wrote:
but what if there playing yobuck with gowk...

Then their is no room for swap and acts or door control you cant have it all in 150.

Refer to my posted squad earlier in this thread... BlooMilk
Opan Windu
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 4:03:03 AM
Groups: Member

Yames2.0 wrote:
but what if there playing yobuck with gowk...

The squad i see in this thread has Yobuck but no GOWK.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 5:23:13 AM

Oops...missed that it had to contain GOWK.
MarkIV
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 11:08:38 AM

Robin wrote:
I know that we all can't make it to a regional tournament Angry , But if you could go what would the 150 point team be that you use?

I would use my 150 - Mandalorian Team - Mandalorian Revolt

Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander
Mandalorian Commander
Mandalorian Scout x3
Mouse Droid x2
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

The commander gives twin to the scouts, and the mouse droids are there to make the range longer for the commander and fetts CE, so they don't all have to be toghter in a single spot. The Ugnaughts are there for door control and activations, and fetts there because he's kick ass. He's also there cause his accurate shot ability helps out the scout greatly, plus fett is an extremely deadly piece if played correctly. With all of his abilities fett's the main driving force of the team.

What would be the team you would use?

I have this funny feeling you mean captain instead of commander.

Furthermore, I'd drop the captain for a czerka, jolt is rather nice in your squad, and it gives you more activations.
DaddyCool
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 8:36:26 PM

Mandos are my fav. faction, and I practice with them a lot, and that's why I would NOT recommend taking mandos to any serious tourney, mainly because:

1. Tons of Evade/Damage prevention

With Wedge, Riekaan, and GOWK running around, it will be an uphill battle to seriously damage any threat.

2. Activation Control

Even with GOWK, there will be lots os rebels/nr with dodonna. They just have to activate fodder while you activate your whole squad. Not to mention scouts w/o opportunist suck.
Also, some San squads might show up as well.

3. Maps

Lot os maps have open gambit w/o cover. You have no gambit holding pieces whatsoever on these maps.

4. You can't add cost effective interference pieces, cheap overrride nor disruptive to your squad. Your best shot might be old Lobot.

Also don't forget GOWK boosted JWMs/Jarael/any other jedi will have like 26-27 def in cover. Even Boba with cunning or quartermaster-boosted Scouts (if you take the non-unique way, need 10-11s to hit. And it's frustrating to see that your scout unloads 4 shots, 2 misses, 1 gets evaded/deflected, and maybe 1 will hit.
owaller3
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 11:30:47 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
to Owaller: how do you take out a Yobuck/Panaka combo? Without Override, I don't see how you keep all your fodder/Ozzel safe. Just curious...

Open map. Outactivate. Force move ugs to blow doors. Take your pick. You just need to leverage one of these advantages.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 2:01:52 AM

owaller3 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
to Owaller: how do you take out a Yobuck/Panaka combo? Without Override, I don't see how you keep all your fodder/Ozzel safe. Just curious...

Open map. Outactivate. Force move ugs to blow doors. Take your pick. You just need to leverage one of these advantages.

What map are you using?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 2:56:34 AM

As Bill asked, what map would you use normally with "Viable" in a tournament?
owaller3
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 7:27:01 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
As Bill asked, what map would you use normally with "Viable" in a tournament?

I like Muunilist Commerce Plaza but I recently played on Hoth and like that as well. Rancor Pit is also a nice map. There pretty much isn't a bad map for the squad. I have played on all the DCI legal maps and seem to have no trouble facing most squads. Billiv15's GOWK squad is the only one that gives me a run for my money. I win but typically by only a few points and in each match it comes down to a single square that is the difference between winning and losing.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 9:00:39 AM

owaller3 wrote:
Billiv15's GOWK squad is the only one that gives me a run for my money

I'm assuming you mean he Rex/Dash one?

Because I have several, and I consider about 4-5 of them as legitimate threats, and there are additional variations of each that I would also consider playing based on how I assessed the meta.
Robin
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:07:14 PM

lol yeah i ment Captain. I don't want a cerka scientist for two reasons one, it cant fight. The captain can actually do some damage. Two i have to be within 6 squares of a scout to use it, and a mouse dorid wouldn't extend the range beause its a Special Ability no a CE. As for playing mando's there my favorite fraction, so even if they aren't the best in certain ways, i would still play them because of the fact that there my favorite star wars team.
exitspectral
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:14:11 PM

joverfield wrote:
what are some other good variations to play with darth vader unleashed and emperor palpatine on throne??

50 Vader, Unleashed
33 Palps on throne
31 Arica
11 Ozzel
15 Lobot, CLO
9 Uggie x3

149pts, 8 activations

With all the rex and dashes running around, I think that stealth is a better option than evade and sniper creates interesting situations with blaster barrage as well as being placed behind palps. Plus, with the new errata on hand of the emperor, Arica can move eight and blaster barrage or move ten and still attack, which is really handy when trying to keep your distance from vong. With recon, you also have a 1in5 percent chance of reserves.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:03:58 AM

Just in case anyone missed it...this is a link to the ongoing Regional results:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1596
Boba Fett
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:23:07 PM

if it still stands, ill take billiv 15 up on his bet that GOWK will win more then 50% of regionals
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:36:22 AM

So far GOWK squads are 2 for 6...and Boba BH is also 2 for 6...and Rebel Pushers are also 2 for 6.
GOWKs will have to win at least 5 of the next 6 to get more than 50%.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:33:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Honestly, even though GOWK hasn't won a lot, or even played that much, I think the squad "variety" at the top tables speaks for itself. And it has a very high win percentage. I know I will face Obi at Kalamazoo and Chicago (I was planning on playing Obi at Chicago myself, until I saw the new Asajj and fell in love).
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:20:16 AM

No doubts there Sithborg. (8 out of the top 4 from each regionals was GOWK variations...and a LOT more were played at all levels)
Hope to see the new Asajj in a listing for one of the regionals. :)
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:00:18 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Honestly, even though GOWK hasn't won a lot, or even played that much, I think the squad "variety" at the top tables speaks for itself. And it has a very high win percentage. I know I will face Obi at Kalamazoo and Chicago (I was planning on playing Obi at Chicago myself, until I saw the new Asajj and fell in love).

I agree somewhat with the first part of that. GOWK is a solid figure but he won't win more than 2 more, the one he won firszt was with YoBuck's help, and actually I would argue it is the other way around since that squad is about interference.

I to am going gaga over Asajj, I just need to playtest her to see if playing her with GMA, shooters, or go all melee with Serenno, Lando DS and Lobot with San is one I tried out once.

It will be an interesting few weeks as I try my best to maximize her.
Nefertiti
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:17:23 AM

Regional team? I play my IE Force Spirit Unleashed: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=33717
Never lost to Gowk
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:28:48 AM

GOWK having only 120 HPs seems to make a big difference.