Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:48:41 PM
Groups: Member

atmsalad wrote:
Dr Daman wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
Anybody up for playing tonight?

I could possibly play. What time?

ASAP, to anyone that is available.

hop on vassal and lets see if we cant get this done :)
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2015 7:45:09 AM

Alright, first game scheduled and now on to planning my army, anyone who wants to Play test with an army from the outer rim shoot me a bloomail, I have a pretty open schedule today and tonight havent played standard in a while, would be good to get the cobwebs out before competitive play ;)
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 8:33:17 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

All right, Vassal appears to be up and running on our new computer and we are on Skype. I took tomorrow (Monday) off of work, so I'm up for games from the Outer Rim anytime between now and probably about 7 p.m. CST Monday the 11th.
Amadeus
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 12:58:56 PM

Had First game with thereisnotry last night. Here's the squads:

AMADEUS:
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Morrigan Corde
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x2
5 Bespin Guard
6 Rodian Brute x2

THEREISNOTRY:
33 Captain Rex
26 Niner
26 Boss ERC
25 Sev ERC
25 Fixer ERC
25 Scorch ERC
22 Dev
19 Boss Non-unique
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught demolitionist

We played on Theed Palace, I took left.

First action was a unexpected and crucial snipe on TINT's part which took out my R7. With his GMA I wasn't able to pull off a counterattack, so I continued through the middle area. My rodians and Bespin guard got picked off pretty early.

Dev was positioned at the bottom doorway of the gambit area, while most of the others were up at the top doorway. Mira took some hits from commandos (mostly dev if I remember correctly) and got killed before really getting much done. Rex saw an opportunity to take out talon and went for it accross the top being towed by R2, but only 1 shot landed, leaving Rex rather out in the open for a follow up from Boba in the main room. Rex is kill, and boba finishes off R2 while he's at it.

Morrigan charges up and drops damage, killing Dev, then agiling to cover. Still in the line of fire however she took a lot of damage and dropped to 10 HP. Dash moved in position to set up for action the next round near morrigan. I win init, move boba a bit further with talon, and go first with morrigan. She charges forward to take out a commando but rolls DOUBLE 1'S. Morrigan is kill. Things get interesting. Boba mobiles out and kills scorch, then mobiles back to safety. Dash mobiles out and kills some commando. Sev, and bosses move to engage boba in close quarters, negating evade. Boba takes 40 damage, then another 20, leaving him at 50 HP.

Boba uses Talon's move to fly out of the way from Sev and friends. Boba Drops some damage. Commandos try and kill my klats but bad rolls slow them down. Dash mobiles out to finish the job on some pieces. Remaining commandos charges at dash but at this point it wasn't enough, and Boba and Talon cleaned up the remains, finishing off his squad and winning the game.

It got pretty hectic at the end and I have a terrible memory, so I guarantee plenty of stuff is out of order and stuff, but it was a very close game up until the last couple rounds. The commandos got a lot of cool movement bonuses and are hard to root out and kill. With the cannon shots too they are pretty flexible too. Boba was a fun piece to use too, and I have a new love for dash (first time using most of these pieces).

Was a great game, TINT is a great opponent and pulled off moves I never saw coming. Looking forward to playing you again in the future! :)

EDIT: Final Score was 210-115 in my favour

If anyone else in my pool want to play me, I am available between 7-11 mon-thurs (I gotta go to sleep at 11 to get up early for work), anytime after 7 on fridays, anytime saturdays (preferably not mornings), Sunday from 2-11. All times in EST. ALSO I AM AVAILABLE TO JOIN A TEAM.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:53:05 PM

Great report but you left off the most important part: score.
Amadeus
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:15:26 PM

Whoops, thanks, added that in now
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:37:24 PM

Who won the game? Did I miss that in the play report?
Amadeus
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:58:00 PM

I edited it again to make it more clear, I won, sorry for any confusion
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 7:55:39 PM

I played vs Dr. Daman. I won, 209-56

thereisnotry:
--Jedi Training--
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
27 Lobot
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
24 Klatooinian Assassin x2
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
5 Rodian Diplomat
(199pts. 9 activations)

Dr Daman:
--A Little Bit of...... Blues Guitar--
58 Mandalore the Vindicated
28 Kelborn
28 Neo-Crusader Officer
27 Lobot
12 Gha Nachkt
12 Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer
11 Death Watch Saboteur
6 Mandalorian Demolitionist
18 Mouse Droid x9
(200pts. 17 activations)

Reinforcements:
Me: Momaw (to negate Mouse Wall possibilities) and a Caamasi
Daman: MTB and Human BG

We played on Offworld Shipping Center, Daman deferred setup so I chose the right and placed most of my pieces in the space ship. Daman also started most of his squad near the top of the map. At the end of the first round he had MtV set up for lots of attacks (triple twice), but I had set it up so that his only legal target was Cin Drallig in cover and adjacent to the Shieldbearer. The first shot hit but rebounded to strike MtV for 30dmg (his beskargam armor was faulty all game). He tried a second shot and made his shieldbearer save, but Cin made his Soresu after a FPRR so no damage. MtV decided not to attack again. Next round, Daman drew a nifty LOS to snipe R2, and he made his Shield save, so I lost him. But I responded a few phases later with a snipe on Lobot, so there were no more door issues for me to worry about. Meanwhile my Klat was duking it out in gambit with Daman's CIO, but it wasn't a fair fight. Next round I sent Momaw down to burp at all of Daman's combat pieces. He then died, but Aayla was able to pull MtV up into my lightsaber nest, and he dropped quickly between her and Quinlan (Ataru Mastery kicking in). After that it was mostly cleanup, with Kelborn falling that round and the Officer falling the next.

We agreed after the game that it would've been a completely different story if I did not have a Shieldbearer, since Cin would've been facing 6 MtV shots per round. But because Daman never had a line on the SB, his squad's tremendous firepower was severely limited.

As always, Dr Daman was a wonderful opponent. Have I ever mentioned that I wished I lived in New Zealand? :)
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 11:06:27 AM

thereisnotry vs Echo. I won, 250-138.

thereisnotry:
--Embolical Karrde--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
42 Embo
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
27 Lobot
12 Klatooinian Assassin
3 Rodian Brute
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(200pts. 9 activations)

Echo:
--New Rebels--
27 Ferus Olin
27 I-5YQ
27 Lobot
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
17 Roan Lands
16 Jax Pavan
15 SpecForce Technician
14 General Rieekan
11 Bothan Spymaster
(200pts. 10 activations)

Reinforcements:
tint: Human BG, 3 Rodian Brutes
Echo: Salacious, 3 Mice, 2 Ugs

We played on Ravaged Base and I chose the left side. Dan set up at the bottom on the outside, since he didn't want to risk any Rigged Detonator shenanigans in the Commander's Office at the top. At the start of round 2 I killed 2 fodder pieces with Boba, but didn't think ahead very well, because that allowed Jax to be levitated for a barrage of shots against Mira; thankfully for me but not for Dan, his dice failed him and she only took 1 hit. Mira took the hint and move away. I continued to snipe Dan's fodder pieces and eventually got an activation lead. That led up to me sending in Embo at the end of the round to kill Leia. Then, to start the next round Mira did a devastating double-grenade which killed 2 fodder pieces and put 40 each on Jax and Ferus. Embo should've died at this point, but Dan rolled a 1 on the kill shot with Ferus, which was big, since it allowed me to kill Ferus before Embo went down to Jax the next round. Things were unraveling fast now for the Rebels, but Luke was still able to finish off Mira (who was at 30) and my Klat before he died. At the end of the match it was just Boba and Talon chasing down the Rebel Lobot and Spymaster and Rieekan, and Boba was able to get to a spot where he could draw a LOS on each of them for the board wipe and win.

This was Dan's first competitive (non-playtesting) game of SWM in a long time. There was also a big squad mismatch, with my Tier 1 squad and his Tier 1.5 squad (because its attack bonuses were a bit too low).
Echo24
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 11:25:17 AM

Yeah, it was pretty ugly. I made a few key mistakes; moving inefficiently through the bottom right of Commander's Office (there is a LOT of difficult terrain down there, guys!), letting my SpecForce Tech get killed too easily, not rerolling a shot on Mira (getting her down to 30 instead of 50 would have been a big difference, that's easily in the kill range for a lot of my guys), then I moved Luke RC and Ferus wrong so I had to spend a FP with Ferus to move, when if I did it a slightly different way I could have saved that FP to reroll the 1.

It was a lot of fun to play competitively again, and I probably should have brought something a little stronger. I do really like the squad I ran, as it has a TON of potential damage and some nice tricks, but as Trevor pointed out, the attack value is just too low and it's a bit of a house of cards.
atmsalad
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 1:51:37 PM

I am available for the rest of the day... But I have never played on vassal before FYI.
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 4:56:17 PM

A quick update of our score thus far!

The Core
1 7 pts: thereisnotry [Team Champion] 2-1
2 3 pts: Amadeus [no team] 1-0
3 1 pts: Echo24 [Team Champion] 0-1
4 0 pts: Dr Daman [Team Awesome] 0-1
5 atmsalad [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
6 Darth Moore [no team] yet to play
7 Darth Rattlehead [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
8 jen’ari [no team] yet to play
9 Johnnyb815 [no team] yet to play
10 UrbanJedi [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play

The Outer Rim
1 2 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 1-0
2 0 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 0-1
3 Darth O [Team Long O] yet to play
4 Flying Arrow [Team Long O] yet to play
5 kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
6 Minijedi [no team] yet to play
7 spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] yet to play
8 TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play
9 UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play
10 Weeks [Team Champion] yet to play
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 6:36:11 PM

thereisnotry vs jen'ari. I won, 260-58

thereisnotry:
--This Party's Over, AGAIN!!--
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
27 Lobot
36 Klatooinian Assassin x3
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
5 Rodian Diplomat
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 9 activations)

--jenari--
58 Mandalore the Vindicated
56 Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
23 Mandalorian Captain
15 Mandalorian Technician
12 Mandalorian Counter-Intelligence Officer
24 R7 Astromech Droid x3
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(200pts. 12 activations)

Reinforcements:
tint: Dr. Evazan and an Uggie

I won the map roll so we played on Cantina. Jen'ari chose the left side and I got the right. I started with a Klat in gambit, thanks to R2's towing capacity. Near the start of the 2nd round I sniped a fodder piece with one of my Klats. MtV took some shots vs Mace and did 30dmg. Things got real in the third round when I towed GOWK up for a Force Push 3 that hit MtV, Jaina, the Engineer, an R7, the CIO, and one of my Klats (on purpose). That really blew the game wide open, since MtV no longer had his extra attack and Jaina (always a pain for my squad, since she has Parry) had 50dmg on her. MtV had superb armor saves all game. Jaina responded by 6-attacking GOWK and dropping him to 40hp (including a Ruthless crit). I should mention that GOWK failed all of his Mettle saves this game...if I spent a fp to reroll, I failed it. To quote Nacho Libre, it was fantastic. I was able to hit Jaina with a Klat and bring her down to 20hp, so I used my other Klat to base her, so that she had the SD-death-vs-aoo-death decision to make. It turns out that she took the aoo option and made her deflect save, so she put some more damage on Mace (bringing him down to 80hp), but he riposted her to death (failed parry save). Then MtV opened up on him and brought him to 20hp. I eventually dropped MtV too, with Mace at 20hp, Obi at 40hp, one Klat left at 10hp and some door control untouched. It was a fun game...we both agreed it was decided with the big Push 3.

Good game, Jen'ari!
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 6:56:52 PM

Because I can...

The Core
1 10 pts: thereisnotry [Team Champion] 3-1
2 3 pts: Amadeus [no team] 1-0
3 1 pts: Echo24 [Team Champion] 0-1
4 0 pts: Dr Daman [Team Awesome] 0-1
5 0 pts: jen'ari [no team] 0-1
6 atmsalad [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
7 Darth Moore [no team] yet to play
8 Darth Rattlehead [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
9 Johnnyb815 [no team] yet to play
10 UrbanJedi [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play

The Outer Rim
1 2 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 1-0
2 0 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 0-1
3 Darth O [Team Long O] yet to play
4 Flying Arrow [Team Long O] yet to play
5 kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
6 Minijedi [no team] yet to play
7 spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] yet to play
8 TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play
9 UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play
10 Weeks [Team Champion] yet to play

Team Points
1 11pts Team Champion 3-2
2 3pts no team 1-1
3 2pts Team Awesome 1-1
4 0pts Team Long O 0-1
5 Dark Lords of the South (yet to play)
6 Team ITGS2BFun (yet to play)

FACTION LORDS: THE RACE TO RULE

Old Republic Jedi Master

Sith Dark Lord of the Sith

Republic Master of the Order
7pts thereisnotry

Separatist Supreme Commander

Rebel Last of the Jedi
1pts Echo24

Imperial Emperor

New Republic Sword of the Jedi

Fringe Crime Lord
3pts thereisnotry
3pts Amadeus
2pts theultrastar

Mandalorian Mandalore
0pts Dr Daman
0pts jen'ari

Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster
0pts Mando
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 8:30:42 PM

Hello theultrastar, Mando, Darth O, Flying Arrow, Minijedi, spryguy1981, TimmerB, UrbanShmi and Weeks. My best times for play are as follows:

Monday-Thursday: 7:30pm NZ - 10pm NZ (Monday-Thursday 2:30am CST - 5am CST)
Saturday: 7:30am NZ - 11am NZ (Friday 2:30pm CST - 6pm CST), 1pm NZ - 4pm NZ (Friday 8pm CST - 11pm CST)
Sunday: 7:30am NZ - 9:30am NZ (Saturday 2:30pm CST - 4:30pm CST), 1pm NZ - 4pm NZ (Friday 8pm CST - 11pm CST)

All these times are subject to family permission. Come at me.
Minijedi
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:53:58 AM

Sadly my availability isnt a constant thing, so i will try to be on vassal whenever possible and hopefully ill see some of you guys there
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:28:03 AM

thereisnotry wrote:

I won the map roll so we played on Cantina. Jen'ari chose the left side and I got the right. I started with a Klat in gambit, thanks to R2's towing capacity. Near the start of the 2nd round I sniped a fodder piece with one of my Klats. MtV took some shots vs Mace and did 30dmg. Things got real in the third round when I towed GOWK up for a Force Push 3 that hit MtV, Jaina, the Engineer, an R7, the CIO, and one of my Klats (on purpose). That really blew the game wide open, since MtV no longer had his extra attack and Jaina (always a pain for my squad, since she has Parry) had 50dmg on her. MtV had superb armor saves all game. Jaina responded by 6-attacking GOWK and dropping him to 40hp (including a Ruthless crit). I should mention that GOWK failed all of his Mettle saves this game...if I spent a fp to reroll, I failed it. To quote Nacho Libre, it was fantastic. I was able to hit Jaina with a Klat and bring her down to 20hp, so I used my other Klat to base her, so that she had the SD-death-vs-aoo-death decision to make. It turns out that she took the aoo option and made her deflect save, so she put some more damage on Mace (bringing him down to 80hp), but he riposted her to death (failed parry save). Then MtV opened up on him and brought him to 20hp. I eventually dropped MtV too, with Mace at 20hp, Obi at 40hp, one Klat left at 10hp and some door control untouched. It was a fun game...we both agreed it was decided with the big Push 3.

Good game, Jen'ari!

Fun game. Evazan mixed with Tow Cable and a master player = devastating combo.
Well played by TINT, not a single mistake, that Force push 3 crushed every small hope I had.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:39:02 PM

On vassal if anyone is interested in playing :)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:58:49 PM

kezzamachine wrote:

FACTION LORDS: THE RACE TO RULE

Old Republic Jedi Master

Sith Dark Lord of the Sith

Republic Master of the Order
7pts thereisnotry

Separatist Supreme Commander

Rebel Last of the Jedi
1pts Echo24

Imperial Emperor

New Republic Sword of the Jedi

Fringe Crime Lord
3pts thereisnotry
3pts Amadeus
2pts theultrastar

Mandalorian Mandalore
0pts Dr Daman
0pts jen'ari

Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster
0pts Mando

Why would you reward players for playing the same factions over and over again? Shouldn't there be tabs kept on who wins with the MOST factions? Far more impressive in my book.