Groups: Member , Moderator

kezzamachine wrote:

Map for Flying Arrow vs Mando?

Rhen Var
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:14:12 PM
Groups: Member

kezzamachine wrote:
What is Broken Boba 2.0 in the game thereisnotry vs Darth Rattlehead?

Boba, GOWK, Mace, R2, fodder.
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 12:09:14 PM

I am available for a game NOW if anyone from my group is keen.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 12:50:02 PM

For how much longer? I'm still at work for a bit more than an hour, probably won't be home until at least 8 pm CST. Do you think you could be available after that?
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 1:05:28 PM

I have a go from this end! I'll start looking out for you from your 8pm (which I'm hoping is my 1pm). Are we bookface friends?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 1:17:53 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
I have a go from this end! I'll start looking out for you from your 8pm (which I'm hoping is my 1pm). Are we bookface friends?

We are now!
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 12:05:22 PM

Just played Darth Moore.

He was plaing Cain and Able
and I was with Cin and Adi

He won map and we played on Rhen Var

2 rounds of SBM then focused lightning took care of R2, Adi, felucian, 50 on serra, and 50 on cin. I missed 2 attacks on vergere which cost me serra (in return for nothin) and Bane's overwhelming force made quick work of Cin. I might have been able to make a game of it it (and would have gotten 1 pt) if I had managed to kill his Marka ghost. First rd took him a reroll and a sith recruit to save it, but most of the rest of the game he made the save without even rerolling. Makashi Mastery, Overwhelming, and Lightning is a pretty poor matchup for me

final score was I think 151 to 88 so 2 pts for Darth Moore and none for me.
Darth Moore
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 12:30:44 PM

It was a tough match up for urbanjedi.

Map was Cantina tho.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 4:38:28 PM

I will be available this evening if anyone is interested in a game. :)
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 5:24:57 PM

I played Amadeus about three weeks ago and never wrote a play report, lol.

Map: Jabbas Palace

We squad reveal, I reveal Durge, CDO's brokenness because I hadn't had a chance to play it yet. He reveals a squad that I revamped after I first played it in the Kokomo regional last year!! So much nastalgia! :) After seeing that squad I gave him a choice of a mando squad I love to play and he wisely chose the mandos, haha Would have been a very unfun game for the two of us otherwise.

Atmsalad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/139986/the--furious--dead
Amadeus: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/139820/old--prideful--soldiers

In a nutshell being able to move 12 with the mercs, do 30 damage to a trooper and then blow up to finish them off proved to much for his squad. Played 5 rounds and he out gambited me 3 to 5. He was able to kill kelborn in the last round with a crazy line of sight to put him over 100. Great game with a great player!

Final score Amadeus-113 to Atmsalad-200

He got revenge the next time we played, I really need to stop forgetting about bobas quickdraw... haha
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 7:29:42 PM

Just finished a game against kezzamachine. I won, 95-48. I was running:

--Adi and Cin--
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
35 Adi Gallia
30 Serra Keto
25 Elite Republic Commando - Scorch
23 Foul Moudama
21 Marn Hierogryph
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Marn Hierogryph) 4 Peace Brigade Thug
(Marn Hierogryph) 6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Kez ran:

--Spanish Inquisition--
62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
37 Satele Shan
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
27 Lobot
23 Jedi Crusader
5 Caamasi Noble
4 Old Republic Rookie
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 10 activations)

I won map roll, and we played on Cantina.

This was a game of crazy rolls and swings. Kez set up in the storage room, and I set up in the atrium. The first round was mainly advancing toward the middle, with me claiming first round gambit with Cin. In the second round, ABM went on and things started to get really interesting. I lifted Cin into the private lounge to confront Satele, missing two rolls with Brutal Strike (ouch!). Satele responded the next round by putting 80 on Cin, who managed slightly better rolls before getting lifted away by Foul. Unfortunately, with 80 damage already on him and two beats bearing down, Cin was not long for this world; however, his compatriots proved equal to the task. Serra rolled two consecutive crits to put 100 damage on Revan, while Adi Gallia went after Ponda Baba. Once Scorch finished him off, Adi turned her attention back to Satele. Revan risked an AOO from Serra (missed) to go after Adi, rolling a crit, which she altered, but she wound up taking 30 damage. Revan and Satele were swapping in and out of the back hallway, where Foul had dropped Cin off. Foul had a chance to finish Revan, but unfortunately I made the decision not to reroll his first attack, leaving him with 10 HP. Adi Gallia also had some questionable judgment, choosing to reroll an attack against Satele rather than saving her force for a Jedi Mind Trick. Next round, R2 brings Serra Keto around to finish him off, and shortly thereafter we called it with a few minutes left on the clock, as one more round would not get me to 200 or him to 100.

This match was great fun--it's not often two primarily melee squads face off, and these two run so differently, it was a real challenge at times to figure out how to approach the problem. Thanks for the game, Kez!
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015 8:47:20 AM

Played my game against Etienne last night.

I played Handmaidens and he played a version of Naboo Death Shot.

He won map and we played on Rhen Var.

I sniped a couple guys early to get a small lead. It took a couple of rounds, but he pushed to gambit. I kept trying to plink away here and there, but couldn't mount much of an attack. I killed a bunch of his guys, but not enough to get to 100 before my guys succumbed to his horde of naboo.

3 pts for him, 0 for me.
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015 9:36:37 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
Played my game against Etienne last night.

I played Handmaidens and he played a version of Naboo Death Shot.

He won map and we played on Rhen Var.

I sniped a couple guys early to get a small lead. It took a couple of rounds, but he pushed to gambit. I kept trying to plink away here and there, but couldn't mount much of an attack. I killed a bunch of his guys, but not enough to get to 100 before my guys succumbed to his horde of naboo.

3 pts for him, 0 for me.
This matchup is pretty map reliant though. We played another game afterwards on jabbas palace and it came down to an init. Great squad and I enjoyed seeing how jason ran it since handmaidens are one of my favorite pieces.
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:34:50 PM

I played Darth Moore yesterday.

I played --"Only Tarkins Finest" 2nd Place Gencon 2014--
27 Admiral Daala
16 Admiral Gilad Pellaeon
16 Security Officer Stormtrooper
14 Imperial Officer
14 Stormtrooper on Repulsor Sled
65 Elite Scout Trooper x5
11 Captain Needa
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
15 Imperial Dignitary x3
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(Hadnt played it in months and wanted some seat time with it)

Darth Moore played --Running Interference--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Morrigan Corde
31 Tyber Zann
27 Lobot
21 Marn Hierogryph
8 R7 Astromech Droid

So it turned into the battle of the runner up squads! lol

His reinforcements were something like ponda, an r7, an ugnaught,klat thug some other piece? I swapped the security officer for the scout trooper officer for super stealth.
-We played on jabbas palace.

He set up on the right and I the left. Round 1 I moved repulser sled into gambit. With triple override he moves talon, ponda, morrigan, the klat and boba hidden tightly behind those doors. Round 2 He sacrifices morrigan to kill the sled. Then I move some guys to shoot through the mid top gambit door killing panda. He locks up tight then runs out of acts. I put 30 on zann, opened the bottom gambit door and tried to get some shots on some guys and pinned some people with diplomats. Beginning of round 3 he kills all of my door control with boba then mobiles back in. Best move of the game without a doubt. Second best was me finding a line of sight on lobot to open a crucial door later in the round. Boba was the last bick attacker left at the end of the 4th, but I was barely able to pop him off with only one shooter left. In the end the 50 hitpoint guys with SS were just to much. Great game from a quality kiwi! Wish we would have had more time to chat.

Final score I got it 200-94
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:55:34 PM

played against Amadeus

He ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/140589/daalas-pre-party-troopers

I ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/144646/xizors-karrdes

He won map and we played on Cantina.

As I suspected, with all the cover it and no way to deal with superstealth, it was an uphill battle. I made a couple of decent moves to snipe some of his door control to keep it interesting for a round or so. Then I moved up Xizor to take some shots (his high defense) and he got critted for 60. Then hit once more later so was down to 10. Then next round, I lost init and he missed so I thought I had a chance cuz I had a cool shot set up with the BG. But, I didn't see a spot he could get, so after shooting and killing my only scout, I left Xizor where he could be shot. BG had to take it to keep him alive at least, but after that it was pretty much over. Thought I could take out a second scout, but couldn't do it.

Final score was him 200 and me 46. 3 pts for him and zero for me.
Darth O
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 2:40:28 PM

I've got my last accounting exam for the semester this afternoon, so I'll be able to play the rest of my games in the next couple of weeks. I'll try to contact everyone I still need to play.
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:32:10 PM

My squad:
Yoda's friends throw their toys
51 Yoda on Kybuck
27 Lobot
23 Captain Panaka
20 Blizz
20 Captain Tarpals
16 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
16 Qui-Gon Jinn, Force Spirit
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
4 Gran Raider
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 12 activations)

Reinforcements: Salacious Crumb and 5 Rodian Brutes

Tim's squad:
This could be . . . interesting
55 Xizor, Head of Black Sun
54 Cad Bane
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
27 Lobot
23 Nautolan Black Sun Vigo
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(200pts. 8 activations)

Reinforcements: 2 Twi'lek Bodyguards

I won map roll and chose Grand Plaza but then we discovered that it wasn't legal so I just chose Tim's map, Asteroid Base.

I outactivated in the first round, towed Yoda, moved him 26, then swapped in Blizz. Blizz then moved 6 and used double flamethrower on Cad and a bodyguard. I then won init and he moved Cad, but not to a safe place. Double flamethrower killed the Cad. Tim then killed Blizz with all his dudes. In the third round I made a dumb move where I moved Yoda 26 and then swapped in Evazan to find that I was 7 squares from Xizor. Instead of double surgery, I had to shoot and miss a mouse. Next round Tim made an aggressive move with all his attacking pieces to gambit. Yoda galloped them all. The round after that, Yoda galloped again, this time killing the other bodyguard and the Nautolan and putting 20 on Talon and 10 on Xizor. Xizor and Talon put 70 damage on Yoda. At the end of the round Evazan used surgery once on Talon. I lost init but swapped it with Qui-Gon, cleaning up Talon with Evazan. That just left Xizor, who moved to kill Lobot but died to Evazan and Yoda due to some good pheremones saves.

Final score was Darth O 213-40 TimmerB123 on Asteroid Base.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:57:19 PM

Darth O played great! I played poopy!

Darth O blew out my O ring.

Boy is it sore.

Crying

Note to anyone thinking about it - 8 character glass cannon squad does not do well vs a squad with insane movement, direct damage, splash damage, multi-attackers, AND init control.

Word to the wise. Wink
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 11:01:19 PM

Although I'm on holiday I'm stuck on jury duty until (hopefully) Thursday evening. The only realistic timeframe to play any games before Monday is from Thursday 9:30 pm to Friday 4 pm (NZT). I've still got to play Flying Arrow, Minijedi, UrbanShmi, and Weeks. I won't organise any games yet, lest this court case goes longer than expected.