23 Anakin Solo
23 General Wedge Antilles
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
9 General Dodonna
7 Felucian
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

I ran my squad at hers and went smashy-smashy, flame, flame, blast, blast, blast.
She went pow-pow, ratta-tatta-tat-tat, boom.
I went slash, slash, zap-zap, slap, slap, crack

When the dust settled, Sith were victorious 200-99

Not much skill in my squad - just pure power.

kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:25:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Best game report ever?!
kezzamachine
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:20:50 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Why would you reward players for playing the same factions over and over again? Shouldn't there be tabs kept on who wins with the MOST factions? Far more impressive in my book.

Well, yes I agree with you in a sense. I've been keeping records of all the NZ games since we first started our competitive play in 2009 and I was the first player to win a game with every faction after having beaten every faction and I was very proud of reaching that milestone. Even now, there is only three others (I think) who have done that. To be able to be proficient with multiple factions, the way they run and the different types of pieces they employ is impressive, and the extreme opposite - playing only one faction continuously - is predictable and a little boring. We have some players here who only play one faction and you know straight away what you're gonna face and planning for it is peasy.

However. I've been wanting to run a competition for sometime with something like this. (Not sure if this is that competition, but its as close as I've gotten so far.) I think about sports teams and think how you know the team that you're up against, just now how they're preparing for you, and I reckon doing a round robin - or even a tournament! - where everyone had their faction set but not there squad would be pretty cool. I know I'm facing Mandos... just have no idea what build... what will I do about that...

Anyhoo, as I said, this is not that tournament and there are no restrictions, but I do like the idea that someone could gun for a title such as one of these. Y'see, if you start running one faction over and over, you set yourself up for those who are gunning for you. They might even manage to predict what you might run... that now suddenly turns the idea of running the same faction back on you. My expectation is that the ones that will be more than likely gunning for a Top 4 spot will be thinking broader than one or two factions... but, I also wanted to make it so there was multiple levels to this tournament. If you're out of the running for the Top 4, do you give up and simply drop every other match? Hell no - you might be able to pick up a couple of wins with the Mandos and become the Mandalore! How cool is that? I think its pretty cool... and also, we're a bit special down here in NZ. As Jim says, we tend to do things a bit backwards because we're on the other side of the earth. In this case, we're rewarding playing fewer factions instead of the opposite.

That's why down here we where hats on our feet and hamburgers eat people.
Dr Daman
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:25:17 AM
Groups: Member

So atmsalad and I finally managed to sit down for our game.

I ran

--Death Becomes Them--
23 Mon Mothma
21 Admiral Yularen
20 Captain Panaka of Theed
20 Padawan Commander
16 Queen Amidala
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
50 Naboo Trooper x10
4 Rodian Diplomat
8 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2
21 Naboo Soldier x7

(200pts. 27 activations)

and he ran

-Bombs away--
34 Nom Anor
31 Barriss Offee, Rogue Jedi
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
27 Lobot
24 Togorian Black Sun Vigo
23 Nautolan Black Sun Vigo
12 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x2
5 Caamasi Noble
16 Gran Raider x4

(200pts. 13 activations)

atm won map roll so we played on Theed.

First round was positioning for both squads. In the second round we just ran at each other. My dice was hot, atm's not so much. I don't think I failed a grenades save all game. I made a sweet move with R2 to tow a Trooper next to the Togorian, killing him and the resulting explosion killed 2 Grans and dropped 40 on Mira. In the end I had too much fire power and too much movement for atm and the game ended 210-58 in my favor. A big thanks to atmsalad for making the game the super enjoyable action fest that it was! Good luck for your future games.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 11:30:45 AM

Dr Daman wrote:
So atmsalad and I finally managed to sit down for our game.

I ran

--Death Becomes Them--
23 Mon Mothma
21 Admiral Yularen
20 Captain Panaka of Theed
20 Padawan Commander
16 Queen Amidala
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
50 Naboo Trooper x10
4 Rodian Diplomat
8 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2
21 Naboo Soldier x7

(200pts. 27 activations)

and he ran

-Bombs away--
34 Nom Anor
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
27 Lobot
24 Togorian Black Sun Vigo
23 Nautolan Black Sun Vigo
12 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x2
5 Caamasi Noble
16 Gran Raider x4

(200pts. 13 activations)

atm won map roll so we played on Theed.

First round was positioning for both squads. In the second round we just ran at each other. My dice was hot, atm's not so much. I don't think I failed a grenades save all game. I made a sweet move with R2 to tow a Trooper next to the Togorian, killing him and the resulting explosion killed 2 Grans and dropped 40 on Mira. In the end I had too much fire power and too much movement for atm and the game ended 210-58 in my favor. A big thanks to atmsalad for making the game the super enjoyable action fest that it was! Good luck for your future games.
Yea, once I saw what you were playing I new I only had a snowballs chance, lol I really enjoyed watching that snow ball melt though, haha
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:28:38 PM

Just finished my game with TimmerB on Theed

My squad was
37 Satele
36 Atton
33 Bastila
29 Kerra
28 Mira of Nar Shaada
27 Lobot
3 Mouse Droid
6 Uggie x2

Lobot brought in activations: 3 Brutes, 1 Uggie, 1 Mouse, and a Caamasi

Tim's squad
35 Boss Nass
23 Captain Panaka
20 Tarpals
16 Amidala
20 Flame Clones x2
54 Artillerist x6
9 R2
8 R7
4 Gran
4 Rodian
4 Spaarti
3 Uggie

Nass added 2 more Artillerists.

Round 1 was a lot of positioning, I used Satele's intuition to get her set to take gambit and moved in, he towed up an Artliierist moved to open the top door, swapped in another and double Cesta's. Made 1 save, made 2nd on reroll.

Round 2 I win init and turn on Bastila, Satele moves to the door with intuition. R7 locks the door. I use a mouse to open a door and kill a Gungan with Mira on a FPRR. Atton then runs into gambit to take Satele's place, opens the lower door and she runs out with 2 FP to kill R2. She makes several Cesta saves, ends up at 60HP end of round 2. I move Kerra up to set myself up for a good roll. He flames Satele and kills his clone.

Round 3 I win init and Intuition Satele to base Panaka so she can kill him and remove the BG factor for Rolling. Satele goes down to 20HP through this round and does kill Panaka. Kerra goes on a rolling rampage and takes out 5 pieces, a gran, 2 Gungans, an uggie and something else I think, may have bene only 4. Atton then takes out the Spaarti and another Gungan. Mira kills another gungan and the Rodian with Rigged Detonators on 2 nades 20s. Lobot takes over gambit for me as the rest of his squad is engaged with Satele and Kerra. He flames Satele and himself again. Bastila renews ABM.

Round 4 he wins init and goes first. I intuition up to Amidala. She doubles and misses one hits 1 to put Satele at 10. Satele makes her burning save with a FP and then kills Nass. Atton kills the R7, and Mira takes out a gungan. Then his last Artillerist takes out Satele.

Round 5 I win init and use Atton to take out Tarpals and put 30 on the Queen, then Mira finishes her.

End of the game I win with a final score of 240-37. It was a horrible matchup for Tim as his squad was CE dependent but as always he is a great opponent and plays with a lot of class.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:39:34 PM

Yeah it was brutal.

I was going to lose that match up no matter what, but insult to injury, Matt was rolling his saves like crazy.

Nice build and played well by Spry.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:06:33 PM

Just played UrbanShmi. She ran her all fringe Talon, Dash, Jarael, Marn, Lobot, TBSV, Embo squad.

I ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/145263/durge--ultimate-commando

I lost map, Laura picked Rhen Var. I took gambit in the first. Laura was able to come in, in the 2nd round and killed my BX Spotter. I attacked with the BX Sniper, and both of my CDO's and dropped Embo. The following round, I was able to take down Laura's Buzz droid, opening the route for Durge. And I was able to drop the Bodyguard she brought in. End of round Durge flies through and hits just about everything for 40. Top of the round, I fly back through and do the same. Talon and Jarael manage to live. Laura positions everything to where I can't attack anymore. That ends the game. Final score 28 - 135 Me.
kezzamachine
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:20:50 PM

Team Points
1 11pts Team Champion 3-2
2 10pts Team Awesome 4-1
3 3pts no team 1-1
4 0pts Team ITGS2BFun 0-2
5 0pts Dark Lords of the South 0-1
6 0pts Team Long O 0-1
kezzamachine
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:26:45 PM

The Core
1 10 pts: thereisnotry [Team Champion] 3-1
2 3 pts: Amadeus [no team] 1-0
3 3 pts: Dr Daman [Team Awesome] 1-1
4 1 pts: Echo24 [Team Champion] 0-1
5 0 pts: atmsalad [Dark Lords of the South] 0-1
6 0 pts: jen'ari [no team] 0-1
7 Darth Moore [no team] yet to play
8 Darth Rattlehead [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
9 Johnnyb815 [no team] yet to play
10 UrbanJedi [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play

The Outer Rim
1 4 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 2-0
2 3 pts: spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] 1-0
3 0 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 0-1
4 0 pts: TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] 0-1
5 0 pts: UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] 0-1
6 Darth O [Team Long O] yet to play
7 Flying Arrow [Team Long O] yet to play
8 kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
9 Minijedi [no team] yet to play
10 Weeks [Team Champion] yet to play

[edit: missed TimmerB vs UrbanShmi... it is corrected on the new one]
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:59:08 PM

Tim got a 3 point win over me when we played. He should be 1-1, I should be 0-2, and the team should have three points.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:56:56 PM

3-1 TimmerB over FlyingArrow

My squad:
--Dance of Death: UberTank--
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
49 Juggernaut
30 Vergere
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
11 Freedon Nadd, Dark Force Spirit
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

His squad was New Republic
New Han, Mara Jade Jedi, Wedge, Ganner, Dodonna, Leia Skywalker JK, fodder

One crucial play error on my part, one crucial missed save, and a basically flawless game by Tim with some really great moves.

A lucky crit at the end pushed me over 100 points. Almost made up for the missed save that killed both ghosts. But not quite. Great game.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:04:47 PM

Jen'ari Vs. Atmsalad

I played-
--The "Furious" Dead--
44 Darth Maul, Death Watch Overlord
29 Pre Vizsla
28 Kelborn
24 Mercenary Commander
30 Death Watch Saboteur x3
30 Death Watch Mercenary x6
12 Mouse Droid x4
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 18 activations)

and Jen'ari played-
--I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball--
72 Darth Malgus, The False Emperor
36 Lord Kaan
27 Darth Bandon
15 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
14 Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(198pts. 11 activations)

I won map so we played on Rhen Var Citadel and Jen'ari chose the right and I set up on the left.

I moved 2 mercs , a mouse and a sabo through the middle stairs and up top. Kelborn, a sabo and 3 mercs move towards the command center room by way of the bottom stairs. The rest moved through the middle stairs to the middle. Jen'ari if I remember correctly, brought his guys mostly through the center stairs making a beeline for the gambit room.

Mid rounds, I pop of a uggie and a mouse i believe. I set up shop in the command center, jen'ari puts malgus in gambit in cover with ponda next to him and kaan next to panda. I put some damage on malgus, got him to 90 before panda started taking some from him. Ponda died protecting malgus during round 3 i believe. I saw to late in round 3 an opening for kaan so i tried to plug it up with mercs 1 basing kaan and 2 basing malgus. No way he can make it past them with 90 hit points right?... Luckily im not a betting man.

Round 4 comes I win init so i go first and put 20 on kaan bring him to 70, he moves kaan and i recieve an aoo, kaans at 40 now, second aoo, it hits... but kaan illusions, 3rd and last aoo. With 40 left i cant kill kaan just by hitting him, my only hope is to crit or miss my regular shot and reroll so both of the adjacent mercs blow up and kill kaan. As luck would have it the first shot hits... Kaan lives and sets up for an epic thought bomb via malgus who promptly retreats. The blast takes out an uggie, 2 saboteurs and 3 mercs, 2 adjacent to malgus so malgus takes 30. 40 on previzla, maul and a wopping 80 on kelborn. Things got very real very fast, lol

Round 5 I attempted to move kelborn where he was safe... epic fail, bandon had to use a force point, but was able to base kelborn... and 2 mice. Maul and Previzla get locked out of the command room, why i didn't blow that door sooner is sooner is beyond me. The merc i had left in the room couldnt move to the r7 because he could see bandon, shoots and misses. i had to let bandon take aoos on the mice so i could open the door that the other merc was behind at the bottom of the command room. First mouse days but the second gets through, i move him over within los of the r7 that is camped in the vertical hallway, but cant hit him. I move the merc captain, vizla up and around to join the merc, mouse and the sab that are still living by the observation deck. That group tries to chase down evazen and Malgus.

Init, I lose and Jen'ari choses to go first, so i attempt to res away from bandon to no avail, I die on the ensueing aoo. Bandon retreats out the door below the command deck. That frees up my merc to move after the r7 so i can free maul who is still locked behind. I have to reroll with vizla and miss, merc dies and r7 goes to 20. Merc that shot before finishes him off. I chose to send maul after malgus and evazen using fp to move faster.

Next round Evazen, kills a merc and I am able to get maul to base evazen, I shose to use assault and good thing because evazens dice were hot and he made his first avoid defeats. The merc and merc commander up top gets kill by malgus, 10 dmg, then i shoot him with vizla and the sabe. Base him with the sab and the last merc. Bandon starts moving up, but wont be able to get into the fight. At this point malgus is down to thirty.

Time was called, but we descided to finish the game out, great respect for jen'ari because if we had stopped their he may have won on gambit, hard to tell. I am able to finish off malgus, but i am no where near bandon. Final score is 193 to 114 I believe. Great game and better opponent. Crazy gutsy move with kaan early on almost won him the game and again, huge respect for finishing off the game and being patient while I tried to get vassal up and running.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:19:58 PM

anybody want to play a game :) im on vassal if yall are interested
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:24:16 PM

Out of a possible 90 games, we are 11 down - good work! TimmerB, UrbanShmi, Flying Arrow - can I have the maps that you ran for your games?

Here's the status:
The Core
1 10 pts: thereisnotry [Team Champion] 3-1
2 3 pts: Amadeus [no team] 1-0
3 3 pts: atmsalad [Dark Lords of the South] 1-1
4 3 pts: Dr Daman [Team Awesome] 1-1
5 1 pts: jen'ari [no team] 0-2
6 1 pts: Echo24 [Team Champion] 0-1
7 Darth Moore [no team] yet to play
8 Darth Rattlehead [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
9 Johnnyb815 [no team] yet to play
10 UrbanJedi [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play

The Outer Rim
1 6 pts: TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] 2-1
2 4 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 2-0
3 3 pts: spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] 1-0
4 1 pts: Flying Arrow [Team Long O] 0-1
5 0 pts: UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] 0-2
6 0 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 0-1
7 Darth O [Team Long O] yet to play
8 kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
9 Minijedi [no team] yet to play
10 Weeks [Team Champion] yet to play
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:09:33 PM

Cantina vs Urbanshmi

Rhen Var vs Flying Arrow

( I havent won a map role yet!)
Mando
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:01:50 PM

Just finished my game vs Urbanshmi. Laura won the map roll, and we played on her map, The Cantina.

My squad was:
--OR squad--
37 Satele Shan
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
27 Lobot
15 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
28 Old Republic Senator x2
14 Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal
4 Old Republic Rookie
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Reinforcements:
20 Blizz

(200pts. 12 activations)

Urbanshmi's squad was:
--SCRuPLs 2.0--
60 Corran Horn, Jedi Master
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
32 Chewbacca, Galactic Hero
18 Klatooinian Captain
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
9 General Dodonna
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 10 activations)

Great game! The game started with no one shooting first round. Laura got to gambit end of the first round. Bastilla collected FP. I position my pieces. Laura win's init next round. She goes and spins Dodonna. I open the top door with Satele and then Atton GMA's with a fP to kill her uggie and mouse droid. I now have a good lead on activations so that if I activate ABM i can position Atton well if need be. I keep everyone safe and don't use ABM again, but at the end of the round, Laura charges in at Ponda with Corran and lands 30 on him and I respond by flamethrowing Corran for 20. I intuition next round next to Corran and parry the Jedi Reflexes save. Luara wins init and tries for a really good Jedi Mind Trick. My rolls were amazing for the saves and both Ponda and Satele makes their saves. Corran then pounds away at Ponda. I BG one hit to Satele, and take the 2nd. Corran misses with his 3rd hit, and decides to not spend a fp to reroll so that he'd have enough to Force Absorb. I activate ABM with Bastilla and heal up Ponda to 40 with Evazan. Luara moves some peices forward. I go next and GMA with Atton next to Corran and take 30 from Jedi Reflexes. I get both shots off, but Corran Absorbs the 2nd shot and he is at 120. I cannon shot with a OR Senator for 50 dmg. Corran is at 70 hp now. Laura has Han gets a shot off on Atton and he is hit, but i BG the shot to Ponda. With ABM active, Han doesn't have his Tripple attack, so it saves me from that extra 60 dmg coming my way. Laura uses her Klat Captain to shot at Atton again, and I get hit for 20, but bg it to Satele. Satele fails her splash save, but 10 HP ponda makes his. I cannon shot again with a OR senator, making Atton shoot another 50 dmg shot on Corran. He misses but spends a fp to reroll and hits for 50. Corran is down to 20. I force push Corran with Satele and he dies. Latter on I get a nice flamethrower off on 4 of his peices, brining Han down to 70, Chewy to 100, Klat captain and TBSV to 20. I move Lobot into gambit. I win init next round and go for the flamethrower again to start the round. Han is at 50, Chewy is at 80, TBSV and Klat Captain die. Satele gets destroyed after a failed Force Absorb and subsequent reroll with Mettle and so does ponda after Han and Chewy shoot a ton of shots. I GMA with Atton next to Chewy and kill him, but his Heroic sacrafice triggers and Han kills my Lobot. I cannon shot against Han with one of my Senators and miss! I fprr....and miss!!! Dodonna attempts a heroic shot at Atton but misses, and the R7 moves next to the door. My last OR Senator goes and Atton....hits! Han is no more and the game comes to an end. Great game by Laura! ABM helped a lot and so did the OR Senators. Atton was a beast this game! I'd say Blizz was my MVP tho, cause he did a lot of flamethrowing. Hope ya do well with the rest of the tournament Laura! That NR squad ya ran is a really good squad and it is to be feared.

Final score is 202-108, with me getting the 3pt win and Laura snagging a 1pt win.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 6:30:51 PM

It was a fun match, Trevor. Unfortunately, I had some counting/position problems early, or it might've been closer. Still, enjoyed the squad and the match thoroughly, and Isn't This Game Supposed To Be Fun, after all?
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:29:35 PM

Anybody up for a game?
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 1:48:31 PM

ATTENTION EVERYONE: I have completed the update for the Virtual Sets extension.

Here are the steps to installing it:
1. First find and delete your current "Virtual Sets.mdx" file. [If you don't know where it is, search for "Virtual Sets.mdx" in your Windows Explorer search bar, and delete all of the files that show up.]
2. Follow this link (Virtual Sets 9.mdx) to download the new "Virtual Sets.mdx" file.
3. Find the folder with this title: "SWMinis_ext". You may need to search via your Windows Explorer search bar again.
4. Click and drag (or cut and paste) this new file (Virtual Sets.mdx) into that folder.
5. Start Vassal. When the mod has loaded, you should see these words in the main window, in slightly grayed-out font:
- SWM Skirmish Game version 11.0
- Extension Virtual Sets v9.0 loaded