RegisterDonateLogin

That's game.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The New Zealand Vassal Tournament 2015: The Group Phase Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 6:13:25 AM
Groups: Member

Mando wrote:
I would say so Tim since it is banned effective immediately, but its Kezza's decision. If not, then we can all just have gentlemen's agreements before each match starts to not play them. Smile

Such as we did. 😉
theultrastar
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2015 4:47:07 AM

Me and DarthO played our game yesterday. He ran republic deathshot klats, I ran OR, bastila, atton, Carth, Kara Holt (I believe that's her name) lobot, OR senator. We played on rhen var. Oil took right, I took left.

I'm writing this on my phone so I won't go into deep details. Neither of us caught gambit in the first, oli caught gambit in 2nd and 3rd. I think I got 2 rounds of gambit. I ran Holt in at the end of a round to set up a huge move, banking on winning init. I lost init and almost lost Holt. I was able to kill 5 klats before time was called. Oli killed my lobot reserves and an ugh and mouse which counted. The final score was 94 to 36. 2PT win for me. Oli was a great opponent and was able to counter a lot of my stiff with great placement.
Darth Moore
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2015 8:48:19 PM

TINT and played our game yesterday, I played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/146911/50-shades-of-thrawn

Trevor played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/140945/cloak-n-talon

I bought in Dr E and a rodian
Trevor bought 5x mouse droids and a camasi

Trevor map roll so we played on cantina.

I took the left side. Trevor locked talon and lobotomy Ina room. I waited until he had finished activating and set about swapping in Boba to take out his pieces.

I think the score was 122 to 35 to me. Trevor will confirm that.
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 12:28:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I have conferred with the NZVT Leadership and we have agreed that the CDO is now banned from the NZVT. It does not affect the results prior to this annoucement regarding the tournament and now opens up a whole lot of fun Separatist options. (Cad Bane anyone?)
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2015 7:39:52 PM

Darth Moore wrote:
TINT and played our game yesterday, I played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/146911/50-shades-of-thrawn

Trevor played
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/140945/cloak-n-talon

I bought in Dr E and a rodian
Trevor bought 5x mouse droids and a camasi

Trevor map roll so we played on cantina.

I took the left side. Trevor locked talon and lobotomy Ina room. I waited until he had finished activating and set about swapping in Boba to take out his pieces.

I think the score was 122 to 35 to me. Trevor will confirm that.
Actually, it was 122-25...I'm pretty sure I didn't get Gambit that last round. It's been a while since I was trounced that badly! Good game!
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:48:46 PM

Just finished my game with UrbanShmi. We played on Asteroid Base. Final score of 207-68 in my favor

She ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/154552/fight-or-flight

I ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160191/momentus-lah

Round 1 was positioning and I took gambit.

Round 2 Jaq wounded a Lah Warrior, and then I charged in and put 60 on Carth. Carth shot the wounded Warrior and killed it and moved behind her defensive wall. I then charged Shoaneb with 2 Lah Warriors Shoaneb took 60 and Bodyguarded 60 to Satele. Satele and Shoaneb killed the two Lah Warriors. I charged her mouse and missed, but then she shot with the Klat and failed the splash save on said mouse. I then charged in with the other Warrior and missed both attacks on Jaq. I then used Tsavong to kill 20HP Carth. Quorreal took gambit.

Round 3 she won init and killed Warrior #4, but this triggered Jedi Hatred from Zenoc. The other warrior put 30 on Jaq and then Tsavong doubled, killing Shoaneb with 40 damage, cleaved into Jaq for another 30, and then finished him off with the double because of Amphistaff he doesn't avoid defeat. I killed one army of light and splash kills the other one. Satele does 20 to my last Lah Warrior and then rolls a 2 on the double. Advance Agent Officer to gambit. Quorreal and the Subaltern foward to set up attacks.

Round 4 she wins init and uses Satele to double 50HP Lah. Lah rolls both Avoid Defeat saves is at 10HP. I then use Yun-Yammka Devotion to put an auto 40 on her for the kill, double the klat and miss and die because I take the 10 damage and fail my saves. Then my remaining 20HP Lah Warrior kills the Klat. Bastila moves up, I stay in gambit and go over 200pts 207-68. Was a good game, just bad matchup for her.
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:47:56 PM

Me and Tim played our game. I won map, so we played on anchorhead. Tim took left I took right. Tim ran vong. A vong squad he didn't mean to pick. I went with Imps. I ran Boba, Mira, thrawn, pellaeon, ozzel, mas, lobot.... You know the old crew. I won't go into detail on Tim's squad incase he doesn't want me to share.
I'm writing this on my phone so, I won't go into great detail. To sum up the game, I mouse walled off and Tim spent most of the game attacking crap that didn't count. I brought in figran and salacious to take away avoid defeat. Which during the game we played like distraction couldn't take it away because Tim didn't think it could, turns out he was thinking about amphistaff. Anyways, I was able to kill 2 of his domain lah warriors aand tsavong lah. I got gambit every round I believe. We ended it with the score 67 to 16. After Tim's dudes were DONE acting we ended the game, I didn't use my dudes to attack in the final round after Tim did his thing. I may have been able to get close to 100 but it didn't matter. So final score 67 to 16. 2PT win for me. One more for team awesome. On a side note I'm the first to 6 games. 6-0.
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:49:37 PM

And to be clear I didn't run away or anything in the final round, we just ended the game before I could use Boba and Mira there at the end. There wasn't any point in continuing on.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:38:51 PM

Just finished my game with Flying Arrow also. I won 200-0 on a concession mid-3rd round, Map was Asteroid Base

I ran Darth Jim's Embolical Karrdes again

TJ Ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160216/dance-of-death--double-master-360

Round 1 I took gambit and he built up force points.

Round 2 Embo put 60 on Dray and I stayed in Gambit.

Round 3 Caedus moved it, put 30 on Boba, then was killed by Embo, Boba, and Mira. Dray moved in to base my Klat but my brutes finished him off at which point TJ conceeded.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:00:52 AM

theultrastar wrote:
Me and Tim played our game. I won map, so we played on anchorhead. Tim took left I took right. Tim ran vong. A vong squad he didn't mean to pick. I went with Imps. I ran Boba, Mira, thrawn, pellaeon, ozzel, mas, lobot.... You know the old crew. I won't go into detail on Tim's squad incase he doesn't want me to share.
I'm writing this on my phone so, I won't go into great detail. To sum up the game, I mouse walled off and Tim spent most of the game attacking crap that didn't count. I brought in figran and salacious to take away avoid defeat. Which during the game we played like distraction couldn't take it away because Tim didn't think it could, turns out he was thinking about amphistaff. Anyways, I was able to kill 2 of his domain lah warriors aand tsavong lah. I got gambit every round I believe. We ended it with the score 67 to 16. After Tim's dudes were DONE acting we ended the game, I didn't use my dudes to attack in the final round after Tim did his thing. I may have been able to get close to 100 but it didn't matter. So final score 67 to 16. 2PT win for me. One more for team awesome. On a side note I'm the first to 6 games. 6-0.

dang 6-0 after being gone for over a year playing/designing Legacy, and beating some of the games best players without giving up a single point if I am correct(?) I vote for immediate inclusion to the SWM Hall of Fame. LOL

and wow, going back trough this spry is sitting at 5-0 with like 15 points, lol. Can you say Hall of Fame material. dang.

congrats guys.
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:28:23 PM

Just finished my game with Jen'ari

I played http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160152/killiks
He played http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160232/how-did-that-device-totally-fix-bruce-waynes-knee-

He won map and brought the standard slacious and 5 ugos. I set up on the left with the klats and sith recruit in the middle and every one else in the bottom corner.

Rd 1
I used the recruit to open the middle door and shot an mouse with a klat. He then killed the recruit. I then overrode the door open and killed the other mouse with the other klat and used bandon to come out and grip an ugo. He moves Sid to gambit

Rd 2
I use a klat and kill another ugo and use welk to kill and ugo and do 30 to the bike. He runs Maul in and drops 40 on welk and jumps off the bike. This is where the game turned. He forgot about backlash so lomi comes smashing in and kills Maul. He ripostes and drops 40 on lomi. He drops 20 on bandon with mira and moves figrin out to gambit. I grip with Bandon and saber dart with Alema and he fails the save. Then I do 30 to mira with a klat and we finish up the round (gambit for him again)

Rd 3
He wins init and runs up and ambushs Lomi with Rage, kills her and kills the ugo next to her with cleave. salacious moves up and takes out my ugo. Then klat uses FP to get adjacent and attack sid and misses. Then Wyyrlock uses lightning to do 50 to sid (30 plus the 20 from the dead klat). Other klat moves 8 to get a shot on sid and hits for 30. Alema uses knightspeed to get close enough to saber dart (sid makes the save). Mira dumps 40 on welk (down to 30) and then welk runs around and hits sid (who is now down to 30 himself) and bandon runs to gambit.

Rd 4
I win init and Welk uses grip again to kill sid (and himself). Mira runs and kills the klat and put to on Alema.

At this point Jen'ari concedes, as he has over 100 and can easily kill Mira with Alema (lightning) and run Bandon down to his backfield so that next round I can grip lobot.

Great game and super fun for my first vassal game ever. I was a little slow at times trying to figure out where things were and the interface and such, but it was pretty cool and I look forward to another game soon.

So 3 pts for me and 1 for Jen'ari please

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:54:40 AM

urbanjedi wrote:

Great game and super fun for my first vassal game ever. I was a little slow at times trying to figure out where things were and the interface and such, but it was pretty cool and I look forward to another game soon.

I couldn't even tell it was urban's first time on vassal, very smooth! I remember you saying it would be your first time, but than you came on and were perfectly fine.

fun game.

That was the first time I played against killiks and Wyyrlok and the first time i played with that Sidious. I really wish that Sidious had a better base defense a 19 on a high costing piece and on a Sidious for that matter really eeks my joints.

Lomi was fun to play against. She gets a scary high defense (it was at 27) but she has no defensive measures which makes it a good design imo.

Anyway, thanks for the game, once "Backlash from Wyyrlok" was said, I was like "piss" haha
well deserved of the 3pt win.

Just for the record I have now played with:
Sith, Mandos, Separatists, and Old Republic
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:42:49 PM

Dr Daman and I just played our game

I played http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160279/maideens
He played http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/146911/50-shades-of-thrawn

He brought the standard reinforcements amanamin and 2 rodians, he won map and chose my Jabba's Palace.

I set up on right kinda spread out to lead a pronged attack.
He set up on left with the commanders in the bottom, boba in the middle, Mira hidden away, and some other guys at the top.

RD 1
I turn on Atris. Then I didn't realize Boba had evade so thought I was going all in on a Bait and Swith save. He does have evade. 4 hits, 3 evades later and boba was down 30. I shot a few acts along the way and then Daman ran around alot, swapped alot and killed Mas and did 60 to thrawn before he was done. Mira taking 40 along the way due to some AoOs.

Rd 2
Daman wins init again, finishes off Thrawn and does 20 to Atris. He had left Mira in a bad spot (where Boba was) so then I got to kill her. Then do 20 to fett, and kill some more acts. he kills a guy or two, swaps the amanamin down by atris and misses.

Rd 3
He wins init again and does some damage to an echani with a rodian. I power up atris and Veers to kill that guy. Then later move an echani up and take out his mouse and an ugo. Then finally use the final handmaiden to kill a rodian and Ozzel. After he moved Lobot, I locked the door so he couldn't swap. He used Boba to do 30 to a handmaiden (now two of them are almost dead) I get Gambit for the second time

Rd 4
He wins init. Rodian kills the handmaiden boba had been working. Atris kills the free amanamin. he is low enough on acts that he can't get the door open to swap even with dominating lobot and get a decent swap off. He moves Boba to so next round he has line on both handmaidens.

RD 5
He wins init. Boba kills one handmaiden and doesn;t do any damage to the other. I power up Atris and shoot back at boba. Get 40 through his failed evade and kill the rodian that he used to bait and switch. BOba now at 20 left. Lobot finally takes his headphones off and opens the door so Mas can run out. I lock the door again but he dominates opens again gets Thrawn out and swaps Boba where mas was so he can kill the last handmaiden next round. I get another Gambit

Rd 6
I roll 12 for init. He rolls 12 for init. I roll 13 for init. He rolls 1 for init. Handmaiden bases Boba for the kill. At this point the game is over (time nearly up) and I can't get to 200 and he can't get to 100.

2 PT win for me please for those who are keeping the scores.
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:43:37 PM

Okay! Finally got to those scores!

The Core
1 10 pts: thereisnotry [Team Champion] 3-2
2 6 pts: Amadeus [no team] 2-0
3 5 pts: UrbanJedi [Team ITGS2BFun] 2-0
4 3 pts: atmsalad [Dark Lords of the South] 1-1
5 3 pts: Dr Daman [Team Awesome] 1-2
6 2 pts: Darth Moore [no team] 1-0
7 2 pts: jen'ari [no team] 0-4
8 1 pts: Echo24 [Team Champion] 0-1
9 Darth Rattlehead [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
10 Johnnyb815 [no team] yet to play

The Outer Rim
1 15 pts: spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] 5-0
2 11 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 5-0
3 9 pts: TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] 3-2
4 5 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 1-3
5 4 pts: Flying Arrow [Team Long O] 1-3
6 3 pts: Darth O [Team Long O] 1-1
7 1 pts: UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] 0-4
8 0 pts: Minijedi [no team] 0-2
9 0 pts: kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] 0-1
10 Weeks [Team Champion] yet to play

Team Points
1 29pts Team Awesome 11-2
2 15pts Team ITGS2BFun 5-6
3 12pts Team Long O 3-7
4 11pts Team Champion 3-3
5 10pts no team 3-6
6 3pts Dark Lords of the South 1-2

FACTION LORDS: THE RACE TO RULE

Old Republic Jedi Master
3pts spryguy1981
3pts Mando
3pts Darth O

Sith Dark Lord of the Sith
4pts Flying Arrow
3pts UrbanJedi
3pts TimmerB
1pts jen'ari
1pts Mando
0pts thereisnotry
0pts Darth O

Republic Master of the Order
7pts thereisnotry
3pts Dr Daman
3pts spryguy1981
0pts TimmerB

Separatist Supreme Commander
4pts theultrastar
1pts jen'ari

Rebel Last of the Jedi
3pts TimmerB
1pts Echo24
0pts Minijedi
0pts kezzamachine

Imperial Emperor
5pts theultrastar
2pts UrbanJedi
2pts Darth Moore
0pts Dr Daman

New Republic Sword of the Jedi
3pts TimmerB
1pts UrbanShmi

Fringe Crime Lord
6pts spryguy1981
3pts thereisnotry
3pts Amadeus
2pts theultrastar
0pts UrbanShmi

Mandalorian Mandalore
3pts Amadeus
3pts atmsalad
0pts jen'ari
0pts Dr Daman

Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster
3pts spryguy1981
0pts atmsalad
0pts TimmerB
0pts Mando
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 4:04:48 AM

Kez, I'm 6-0, 13 points
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 7:27:13 PM

Just finished my game with Mando, final score of 200-3, he conceeded 4th round. We played on Spynet

Mando ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/157864/the-wrath-of-kaan

I ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160319/boba-n-blue

Round 1 no action, I put Gha in gambit

Round 2 I ran Gha out. He swapped in the Imperial Agent to attack Lobot, and actually missed the attack, and Lobot was protected by Pellaeon's bubble so he couldn't reroll. (Yes Ysalmiri needs a change). Mira and Boba killed the Agent.

Round 3 I outactivated, swapped Boba in and killed Blizz, stuck Gha back in gambit.

Round 4 I swapped Boba back to safety and he conceeded with no real way to get to me and my guys protected by Pellaeon's Bubble.

6-0 18pts
Mando
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 7:35:18 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Just finished my game with Mando, final score of 200-3, he conceeded 4th round. We played on Spynet

Mando ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/157864/the-wrath-of-kaan

I ran
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160319/boba-n-blue

Round 1 no action, I put Gha in gambit

Round 2 I ran Gha out. He swapped in the Imperial Agent to attack Lobot, and actually missed the attack, and Lobot was protected by Pellaeon's bubble so he couldn't reroll. (Yes Ysalmiri needs a change). Mira and Boba killed the Agent.

Round 3 I outactivated, swapped Boba in and killed Blizz, stuck Gha back in gambit.

Round 4 I swapped Boba back to safety and he conceeded with no real way to get to me and my guys protected by Pellaeon's Bubble.

6-0 18pts

I generally hate having to concede games, but with no way to even come close to getting near 100pts, it just felt like it'd be a wast of time to deal with being out activated by that much and losing guys every round and never being able to get into gambit. I knew I had lost when I first saw what Matt was running and my swaping in the Imperial agent was my only real chance to maybe make it interesting. The Boba-n-Blue squad is just a really bad matchup for my Revan squad. Good game nonetheless and congrats to Matt for the win and for getting to 6-0! ThumpUp
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 8:03:07 PM

I just played vs DarthRattlehead and his son (who is a Master Tactician!) I won, 229-20

He ran: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160318/krell-and-the-smelly-commandos

I ran: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/160244/broken-boba-2-0

I won the map roll so we played on Commander's Office. He took the inside near the top and I set up on the outside. Rich seemed to roll Reserves just about every-other round, which was hilarious! But even more hilarious was when I would kill his guys (several Spaartis and ERC Boss) and they would come back to life with alarming regularity. But the best part was his ARF Trooper, who would NOT die...he made 3 zombie saves in a row! It was hilarious! Finally he died...but only after Pong Krell fell in the last round. I had gambit almost every round, and Rich never did. Boba was fun...but he was using the wrong gun, since every time he shot something it turned into a zombie! lol, good times! Thanks for the game, Rich!
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 1:45:54 PM

What is the best time to be on? Seems like whenever I'm on I get third wheel and have to watch or it's a ghost town.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 2:25:47 PM

Weeks wrote:
What is the best time to be on? Seems like whenever I'm on I get third wheel and have to watch or it's a ghost town.

I think most people have been setting up matches by BM.