The New Zealand Vassal Tournament 2015: The Group Phase Options
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 5:23:30 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Who rules? You do!
Amadeus
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 6:15:17 PM
Groups: Member

Any players from the Core want to play a match? Hopefully starting before midnight EST
theultrastar
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 2:42:24 AM

so after a grueling Football game yesterday, I limped home, and did my best to relax. Somewhere around midnight I felt like signing on Vassal and seeing who was online. If any games were going on. Flying Arrow signed on, and hit me up about a game. At first my thought was no, because it was pretty late, and I had to be up at 6am. But I said what the hell, and decided to try and squeeze the game in.

This is my 3rd game for the tournament, I've lost map 3 times, and I've played on the same map 3 times.

My squad was http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/145263/durge--ultimate-commando

FlyingArrow ran a rough squad for Durge with http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/148486/dance-of-death--air-drop

Durge was pretty worthless against Caedus and Barriss Offee and all the force spirits of course. And Durge was pretty worthless against Revan as well. The bombs were my only hope to take down Caedus, but I had to play careful I knew because of Sith Battle Manipulation.

The CDO's were not going to do anything against Caedus with his infinite HP, I had a bit of a chance to shoot down Revan, as long as I could put enough of a distance between the droids and Revan.

But yeah I knew this was going to be a rough game, and it was.

FlyingArrow won map, and surprise surprise! He went with Rhen Var which is becoming my home away from home. I took right side, and set up. So I notice Flying Arrow has 2 uggies as door control so I use my sniper's to go after his door control, and his mouse to make his swapping harder for him. I'm able to take his uggies down before he is able to blow open any important door, I block paths, and lock doors to limit Revan's movement, and his usefulness. The first few rounds are not very exciting as Flying Arrow was able to cover up in a corner where I could not get to him with my shooters, and he stayed there. I moved in took shots at his uggs, and mouse, shut and locked doors and captured Gambit, then intuitioned back to safety at the start of the next round.

To my credit I was able to take down Barriss, and got a strafe off, that only hit Revan. I attacked him 4 times, hit 3 of the 4 didn't do any damage. So at the end of the game, the score was 34-80 in my Favor

Caedus and Revan eventually took gambit, and was able to kill off all of my bombs (by either me sacing them, or by a Sith Battle Manipulation at the end) except for 3. So I did a bit of damage to Caedus had him at 90, and had Revan at 110. But that was game. FlyingArrow played a great strategic game, and it was interesting to see if I could beat a squad that had that much hate for my squad.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:35:45 AM

Me n Mando played.

I rebeled it up, he went Sith style.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/157864/the-wrath-of-kaan
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/131935/just-the-spot--of-ackbar-

Net decked it from good ol' Doc Mogs

I shulda brought a spotter (the whole point of the squad), but I brought an MTB and 4 mice instead. (FU Revan!)

Played on Bothan Spynet

I ran my ERC in to the center room and locked up tight. 7 rounds of gambit and everyone on his squad except for Revan dead gave me the win (10pt gambit is so stupid)

He did a nasty thought bomb on me killing Leia, Ackbar, scrubs and putting 40 on Luke (fprr), and I thought I was hosed. But I had enough tricked to whiddle down his squad. Near the end I lost Crix (2 failed evades!), and that was huge too, but I hung on for dear life.

smack, boom, bang, crack . . . fizzle.

120hp Revan sitting in gambit angrily with no allies left at the end on the losing side of the equation.

156-208
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:58:05 PM

So, after a weekend where I was trying to get people to fix my internet!!! I come back to find more game played... kudos to y'all - we're working pretty well. There's at least a game a day happening - check you out! Tino pai!

The Core
1 10 pts: thereisnotry [Team Champion] 3-1
2 3 pts: Amadeus [no team] 1-0
3 3 pts: atmsalad [Dark Lords of the South] 1-1
4 3 pts: Dr Daman [Team Awesome] 1-1
5 1 pts: jen'ari [no team] 0-2
6 1 pts: Echo24 [Team Champion] 0-1
7 Darth Moore [no team] yet to play
8 Darth Rattlehead [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
9 Johnnyb815 [no team] yet to play
10 UrbanJedi [Team ITGS2BFun] yet to play

The Outer Rim
1 9 pts: TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] 3-1
2 6 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 3-0
3 4 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 1-2
4 3 pts: spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] 1-0
5 1 pts: UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] 0-3
6 1 pts: Flying Arrow [Team Long O] 0-2
7 Darth O [Team Long O] yet to play
8 kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] yet to play
9 Minijedi [no team] yet to play
10 Weeks [Team Champion] yet to play
Amadeus
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 7:32:34 PM

I have homework but whatever, played Jen'ari tonight, here's the report.

Squads were:

AMADEUS
--Gev it to me straight--
50 Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire
37 Mandalore the Lesser
28 Kelborn
28 Neo-Crusader Officer
27 Mirta Gev
13 Czerka Scientist
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

JEN'ARI
--Old Republic Soldier--
42 The Revanchist
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
29 Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
23 Jarael
21 Marn Hierogryph
18 Old Republic Commander
14 Old Republic Senator
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

I lost map roll, Jen'ari picked Jabba's Palace. I picked the right side of the map. Jen'ari brought in Figrin and Marn took the +3 defense CE from the NCO

First round I win init, resol'nare forward. Jen'ari moves some tech, I move around some tech, nothing too fancy. Then I move Mandalore the Lesser forward to open a door and give Snare to Boba. Boba GMAs forward and drops 40 damage, rolling a 1 on one of his attacks (but no successful Draw Fire). Carth is snared. He takes a shot at boba but is unsuccessful on all 4 attacks between high def and evade. I pop Boba with the NCO and snare revan, and drop carth down to 20. Mirta tries to hit a mouse droid and fails. Didn't have the Czerka in range to get Jolts off though for boba.

Second round, I win init. Jen'ari suprise moves carth behind a pillar next to the OR commander to hide from boba. I resol'nare the NCO into a position to take shots. I go first, and snare revan and do damage and kill figrin. Jen'ari uses ABM on Bastilla, but doesn't finish the round, instead he concedes, seeing no way to pull victory out of the situation

Final Score, Jen'ari concedes with no points, I had 10 points of gambit, full(?) win for me

PEOPLE OF THE CORE, Please BM when you are able to play :)
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:00:28 AM

Finally got a game! After internet issues and timing, I managed to line up Darth O for both of our first games. I brought my Rebel squad I ran at the LowerHuttaCon (Old Ben/Luke HOE/Leia RC/Rieekan/Momaw/R7) and Oli brought ELEVEN KLATS in the Old Republic (Bastila/Lobot/Klats x11/Army of Light Soldier/Uggie). He brought in ANOTHER KLAT and an R7 and I changed Luke for Legacy, Leia for Diplomat. He won map roll and took my Offworld Shipping Centre.

Well, the game was won before the first initiative, but I thought I'd run hard to see what I could do. Hopeless out-activated and losing all my tricks through Bastila, my only hope was to go for his positioning error and try make as many Soresu saves and Deflects as I could. I got a coupl'a gambits (Rounds 1 and 2) before we started getting into the fray. He got a crit on Obi (who failed all his opening Soresu's) and whittled him down. I managed to get a coupl'a Klat's with Luke and Obi healed himself off 10HP up to 50 to give himself another round. I got another Klat and then, after losing Obi, lost Luke to an AOO trying to get another couple of Klats. I was hoping for some MOTF2/Deflect magic, but it wasn't to be. I conceded so Rieekan and Momaw could be taken prisoner and hopefully have their release negotiated for rather than die at the hands of the OR.

12 Klats. Well played, Sir Oli, well played.
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:01:41 AM

16 games down - 74 to go!

The Core
2 6 pts: Amadeus [no team] 2-0
5 1 pts: jen'ari [no team] 0-3

The Outer Rim
1 9 pts: TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] 3-1
2 6 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 3-0
3 4 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 1-2
4 3 pts: Darth O [Team Long O] 1-0
5 3 pts: spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] 1-0
6 1 pts: UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] 0-3
7 1 pts: Flying Arrow [Team Long O] 0-2
8 0 pts: kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] 0-1
9 Minijedi [no team] yet to play
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:32:00 AM

Me and Minijedi played last night in the Outer Rims.

I ran: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/158942/black-and-boba

This is the first time playing Legends has really screwed me over, if you look at my squad you will notice one very vital piece is missing. No Mas Amedda. I didn't realize it until after squad reveal. I decided to rock it anyways. Besides I'm use to not using him in Legends.

Mini ran: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/146596/rebel-commandos

Yep, Evade, Super Stealth, +8 in cover. And a crap load of door control.

Mini won map. We played on Old Faithful. Ruined Base, Commander's Office, whatever you want to call it. I took left, Mini right. I caught gambit first round, and the 5 rounds which followed. Gha payed for himself in a big way in this game. 2nd round, I was able to base one of his dudes with Boba, kill him. Top of the third, I killed another of Mini's ERC's. I moved Boba back closer to my guys. Mini played door control to try and keep me from running away. Which once I realized he needed a really high attack roll, plus for me to roll bad on my evade's I decided to leave Boba where he was and to essentially draw fire. Mini wisened up and started throwing grenades. Boba took 20 this round. At the end of the round, I ran a Rodian in, and swapped in Arica. I based two of his guys, and Blaster Barrage. Top of the next round I did the same. Dropped two more ERC's and ran back past Boba. Mini took this opportunity to shoot at an unactivated Boba, who evaded his damage. And possibly took 20 more from Grenades. I moved Boba in and took down an activated ERC which enabled me to shoot and kill Reikkan with a well placed Crit.
Boba absorbed a bunch more attacks. I pulled Boba out with a swap, moved Arica in, gave up a couple of AoO's. And twinned Crix for 20dmg total. Start of the next round I blaster barraged for my final time. Shot 2 ERC's taking them both down to 10 hp, and I failed to kill Crix...
This time Arica drew the fire of the Rebels, and they got her down to 20. Mini moved in and threw a grenade. I made the save, Crix didn't. Not sure about the others.

I was setting things up for a Boba swap when Mini called it, so we didn't finish the round out at that point I had Boba coming in with a Trip at 30 damage a pop, who needed to kill just one ERC for 200pts.

Mini was a great opponent.

Final score 200-13 moving me to 4-0 and with a 3pt win. 9pts total.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:06:39 AM

Just finished my game with Minijedi. Final Score was 200-10 on a concession mid 2nd round.

I ran Embolical Karrdes, and brought in a Human BG and 3 Uggies

He ran SpecForce as found here http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/152446/troopers-for-hire

Map was Jabba's Palace.

Round 1 was some positioning and he let a SpecForce Infiltrator get within 16 of Embo who made quick work of him. I moved Mira to set up for a double nades on the Technician.

Round 2 I won init and used Talon's CE to move Mira 6. She spent a fp to move 2 extra an dkilled the Technician and an Infiltrator. He put 50 on her with a crit, then Boba ran out and killed another SpecForce, Lobot, and put 30 on R7. He then put 40 on Embo, I used a Klat to kill another Infiltrator out of cover and was moving Embo when he decided to concede saying he'd lost most of his good attackers.

200-10 was the final score.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 12:28:50 PM

Kezza, I just wanted to let you know that the team aspect which you brought into this Vassal Tournament has made this one of the most enjoyable tournaments that I have ever played in. It was a great idea, and executed very well. So thank you!
Minijedi
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:36:09 PM

Just to keep people in the loop, im working on making a squad that isnt so easily smoked by a single bad roll lol... You havent heard the last of me
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:13:10 PM

Let's take a look at those scores, Jude...

The Core
2 6 pts: Amadeus [no team] 2-0
5 1 pts: jen'ari [no team] 0-3

The Outer Rim
1 9 pts: theultrastar [Team Awesome] 4-0
2 9 pts: TimmerB [Team ITGS2BFun] 3-1
3 6 pts: spryguy1981 [Team Awesome] 2-0
4 4 pts: Mando [Team Long O] 1-2
5 3 pts: Darth O [Team Long O] 1-0
6 1 pts: UrbanShmi [Team ITGS2BFun] 0-3
7 1 pts: Flying Arrow [Team Long O] 0-2
8 0 pts: Minijedi [no team] 0-2
9 0 pts: kezzamachine [Dark Lords of the South] 0-1

Thanks, Ultra, for the Team Competition nod. This is how it's a-going:

Team Points
1 18pts Team Awesome 7-1
2 11pts Team Champion 3-2
3 10pts Team ITGS2BFun 3-4
4 8pts Team Long O 2-4
5 7pts no team 2-5
6 3pts Dark Lords of the South 1-2

And, how about that race for Faction spots...:

FACTION LORDS: THE RACE TO RULE

Old Republic Jedi Master
3pts Mando

Sith Dark Lord of the Sith
6pts TimmerB
1pts jen'ari
1pts Mando
0pts Flying Arrow

Republic Master of the Order
7pts thereisnotry
3pts Dr Daman
0pts TimmerB

Separatist Supreme Commander
4pts theultrastar

Rebel Last of the Jedi
3pts TimmerB
1pts Echo24
0pts Minijedi
0pts kezzamachine

Imperial Emperor
3pts theultrastar

New Republic Sword of the Jedi
1pts UrbanShmi
1pts Flying Arrow

Fringe Crime Lord
3pts thereisnotry
3pts Amadeus
3pts spryguy1981
2pts theultrastar
0pts UrbanShmi

Mandalorian Mandalore
3pts Amadeus
3pts atmsalad
0pts jen'ari
0pts Dr Daman

Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster
0pts atmsalad
0pts Mando

That's 18 of a possible 90 games. If we wanted to get ALL out games done, we'd ideally be 27 games done, but if we wanted to be on track for everyone to play 6 each, we'd need to be at 17 games done by now. Check us out - we rule!
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:38:42 PM

Hey now, you forgot my name on the OR faction race with 3 points. Breaking my heart :-( lol
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:13:58 PM

Looks like you switched factions for the game between Tim and me. I was Sith. He was NR.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 4:10:28 PM

Just finished my game with Darth O on Cantina

I ran Republic's Finest http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/154839/the-republics-finest

He ran http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/157892/sith-klats basically Revan and Klats.

I won 238-66

Super Stealth vs Cloaked, everyones dream.

Round 1 and 2 were all position, tried setting up a shot on a Klat but Oli wisely saw the move and avoided it.

Round 3 I killed an Uggie. Sev took 30, and then I was able to use Sentry to get a Klat, and a cannon shot to get another Klat adjacent to Sev.

Round 4 Oli based my guy but within 6 of Dev so when I killed that one no boom boom. Jind sentried another one and Oli moved another out to shoot me. Both of those died.

Round 5 I sentreied another one, and killed all but 1 giving up Bacara to take one down cuz wjo neeeds Superstealth vs 1 Shooter and Revan. I got Revan down to 60 and 0 Force.

Round 6 Revan went gave up AoO took 30 more, killed Sev, Boss killed Revan.

Final Score of 238-66.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:39:04 PM

FlyingArrow vs Mando
3-1 win for FlyingArrow (207-145)

Mando's OR Squad: The Thon Song http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/128393/the-thon-song
FlyingArrow's Sith Squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/146775/dance-of-death--absolute-maximum-force

TimmerB style play report:

First a slow advance.
Bang, bang!
Ghosty-ghosty whoo-whoo.
Boom, boom, boom.
Whir, whir, clash (lightsabers).
Squeezy fingers (grip).
Mando
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2015 8:17:01 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
FlyingArrow vs Mando
3-1 win for FlyingArrow (207-145)

Mando's OR Squad: The Thon Song http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/128393/the-thon-song
FlyingArrow's Sith Squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/146775/dance-of-death--absolute-maximum-force

TimmerB style play report:

First a slow advance.
Bang, bang!
Ghosty-ghosty whoo-whoo.
Boom, boom, boom.
Whir, whir, clash (lightsabers).
Squeezy fingers (grip).

Yup, a classic Stih vs OR matchup! Good....*gasp* *gurgle*....game....(unconsious) ThumpUp
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 5:47:44 AM

Now that CDO is banned, I assume we will follow suit for this tournament as well?
Mando
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 5:59:12 AM

I would say so Tim since it is banned effective immediately, but its Kezza's decision. If not, then we can all just have gentlemen's agreements before each match starts to not play them. Smile