RegisterDonateLogin

More machine than man.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 28, Versatility Options
donnyrides
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 5:54:12 AM
Groups: Member

This week's contest is the use of the SA "Versatility". Find a Unique piece with a few different builds already in print and come up with a great piece that could be played as-is OR could be used for it Versatility to enhance one of the already made versions of your selected Unique.

IMO, this is somewhat the direction I think the game should go. We don't really need more pieces, it would be cool to just be able to spend points to enhance current pieces, and that is sort of what Versatility does.

IDEAS:
Vader, grievous, Maul, "NR Solo kid" (kind of cheating), Obi, Ani, palps, boba (HARD), Yoda, Chewie, "Clone Commander" (not unique but would still be cool), maybe even Thrawn if anything can be milked from Rebels season 3.

This week is going to be great, I hope it gets a lot of participation and gets some really creative ideas going. Since I'm making the challenge, I'll post first.

Darth Vader, Rebel Hunter

If you guys don't think this is possible, I can switch to something else.

Rules

1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction. EDIT: Since Canon is all screwed up, just a known character is fine.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Nov 7th, 2016 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 8pm EST on Monday, Nov 9th, 2016.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the Winner will then post the next round
>Jase<
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 8:03:13 AM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 3:08:46 PM

Great idea for this one Donny! So hard to choose... might have to make another...

Anakin Skywalker, Hero of the Clone Wars

Beatstick Anakin with a lot of extra goodies for the Skywalker of your choosing.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 5:16:23 PM

Okay, another super-sized CorellianComedian special.

Darth Malak, Sith Lord

I know, there is definitely a lot going on here, but I think it works.

First off, there are only two Malaks. Dark Lord of the Sith is better in every conceivable way, so there's no reason to ever choose the original - until now. My Malak's Commander Effect makes you really want to play a combine fire squad, and that slots in nicely with the original Malak's CE. Still nothing earth-shattering, but if you wanted to use original Malak, now you can.

Secondly, he has Affinity for any Bastila. On the one hand, the Sith really don't need ABM, but at the same time, if you're willing to pay 91 points for it, you deserve to have it. (Anyways, one of the reasons he wanted to turn Bastila was for her Battle Meditation).

Bastila and Bandon get Force Renewal 1, so they don't have to be conservative with their FP.

Original Bastila costs 26 in a squad, so if you go hard-core old school with original Malak and her, any character who has an ally combining fire gets +8 Attack and +20 Damage total (Force Valor + BM + Malak CE).

Either Malak would love to take Twin Attack, but Force Bond is also a tempting offer (although I might make Force Bond into a CE so that you can take both Twin for Malak and Renewal for Bandon and Shan).

As for playing my Malak for his own sake, he's got a solid statline, a brutal collection of Force powers, huge boosts for Bastila and Bandon (and synergizes well with them).

TL;DR: Super-charges old CotF Bastila Shan, brings ABM to Sith, gives both Malaks some options for improvement. Was thinking about changing CE to add Improved Spotter +20 instead of Spotter +20, or Spotter +30, or the CE clause "Can combine fire without becoming activated" in order to be more useful with original Malak.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 7:47:39 PM

Interesting challenge this week. Here is my attempt to breath life into the old Grievous's:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27011/general-grievous--hero-of-the-confederacy

So some options are:

-DAC or the classic Wheelbike could get a new combat ability like GMA or alternatively prideful

-Or you could add on prideful and CE to make one of the original commanders a new super commander and get around this versions rival.

-Pump up HoH to tougher levels with GMA or prideful for a command role.

-Even JH the most forgotten of all could have twin on his card for 8 attacks...

Kamikaze13
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:40:09 AM

donnyrides
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 6:09:09 AM

This isn't my entry, but it has my try at boba from a few years ago. He is TOUGH to do.
Boba Fett, Master Hunter

Being fringe you have to think about all the hand outs from every faction and how they can be broken.

I applaud your bravery Kamikaze. I think you are finding a way to to include Boba BH that isn't to terrible of an exploit. since the addition of Boba for hire, BH doesn't even see the table anymore. Maybe your piece would breath some life into it.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 3:53:40 PM

Ok ... not really interested in this one, but it only took 5 minutes and I couldn't resist ...

Peace,

Surf
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 3:03:13 PM

Surf... what is the point of that Versatility? :P
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:12:37 AM

Here's me. Chance to make the old Carth playable?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27030/general-carth-onasi
Lafcadio
Posted: Friday, November 4, 2016 1:03:06 PM

Phew! Busy week! Finally got a chance to make a piece!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27042/durge--imperial-commander

Any feedback before tomorrow would be greatly appreciated!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 3:51:30 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 3:59:36 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Surf... what is the point of that Versatility? :P

Was there supposed to be a point? I thought it was understood that it was a silly entry.

My Bad.

No, he doesn't have a CE, and frankly doesn't do much except mess people up, ally and enemy alike ...

FYI ... Home remodels are no fun ....

PS - Brownie points to anyone who can translate the flavor text ....
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2016 8:05:06 PM

No, I understood it was a joke entry. It was a rhetorical question.
Lafcadio
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 2:22:46 PM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2016 5:30:45 PM

1st: General_Grievous

2nd: Lafcadio

3rd: donnyrides
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 7:17:40 AM

1st: Kamikaze
2nd: Jase
3rd: CC

Great job everyone. This was a lot of fun for me. Versatility is an ability that I thought was really awesome and wished they had continued doing. It takes a lot of thought to make Versatility pieces. You can't just slap a bunch of abilities on one piece, you have to consider so many more things. It makes old stuff better, it allows players to make their own piece on the fly and it gives players the ability to read and react to a situation and make the best choice based on Map and enemy squads types.
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2016 2:45:42 PM

3rd: Kamikaze13

2nd: General Grievous

1st: CorellianComedian

Good job to all!
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 7:35:02 AM

Anyone else planning on voting?
>Jase<