RegisterDonateLogin

May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Great Galactic War: Old Republic Versus Sith, Standings, Schedules and Results Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 5:50:34 PM
Groups: Member

Juiceman and Jak! As I understand you both don't have the map that I had originally assigned to you guys. Please see update, and let me know if this new battleground will work.

Supreme Commander Maim out..............................................
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 6:24:25 PM

jerjerrod4
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 6:42:58 PM

Hey, so I mistyped earlier, (stupid phone)

jerjerrod4@yahoo.com I typed a wrong character so the email probably didn't go through.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 7:30:50 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
Supreme Commander Grievous,

Did you get the Sith allocations for XxxDarthBanexxX ( no peaking Tongue ), that I bloo mailed last night to you to give to him?

We unfortunately didn't get it in time and so agreed to have a game of just the unrestricted characters. Full battle report can come later but it was a swarm of Sith guards against a swarm of Old Republic Guards. Just a dice fest as we were fairly even team-wise. But my Defense bonus and terrible rolls had me come out ahead and win the first round with only a handful of guards left. It was an appropriately gong show of a first contact as the war began. Just two faceless swarms trading shots on a cruiser. Final score 200 OR - 161 Sith. OR victory.

But I will attempt to re-email out the the allocations while bloomail is being the way it is.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 9:58:13 PM

Commanders,

As per your classified communiques you know the situation is grave. I thank you for your quick response to the call to arms, we will need every ounce of your strength and skill over the coming months. The short of it is, the Sith have returned. But having fought against them before I can say these are something different. On encountering the armada I immediately dispatched a battle group thinking they were hold outs from the old war. I haven't recieved anything from them, but all of their ships transponders went silent within minutes of our fleet encountering theirs. The only intelligence I have to go on is from that of an Jedi Shadow operative from a planet close to their appearance point. I have seen ships from ancient holos, others that I had personally destroyed now returned, and even new terrifying triangular-shaped vessels along with others that I have never seen before. Shortly after transmitting these images his signal went dark as well. I need intel! We have to find out more about this particular breed of Sith and how they came to be, and what they're after.

Enroute to take command of my fleet I encountered a group of Sith trying to take over a civilian freighter. I only had my personal guard with me along with a Jedi Guardian who was my liaison to the council. Unfortunately she gave up her life for us during the firefight but her sacrafice allowed us to claim a victory. A small one but a needed one against this seemingly impossible darkness.

Marching orders are as follows:

ConnorKenobi,
I have recieved a plea for help from Rhen Var from one who was exiled from the Jedi Order known as Atris. It seems the Sith have arrived and are attempting to gain something from her. But beware, my jedi contacts say if you do not eliminate this Sith presence then it's possible Atris and her deadly Echani Warriors will serve our enemy.

Jak,
I need you to undertake the most deadly mission of any of the commanders. I trust with your past victories that this won't be an issue. As we expected the Sith have diverted a sizeable portion of their armada to the planet Korriban. And one of their trusted Sith masters is heading this expedition. Many secrets lay in those forgotten tombs, let's make sure they stay buried. We have also recieved reports of some... Unusual sightings there. Which to have to specify that about Korriban is something. There have been reports of an exceptionally powerful force user there seeking something in in the valley of the Sith Lords. This could be who the Sith are after.

Deaths_Baine
The Sith have also suprisingly launched an assualt on Kashyyyk. Reports from the Wookies engaged in the initial assualt state that the enemy is trying to get past the treetops to head for the shadowlands. I'm not sure what they're after there but if they are willing to challenge the home world of the Wookies then it must be something valuable. Go, and help the Wookies, and then after maybe try to recruit some for our war effort. We'll need them.

JerJerrod,
Even more odd as an initial beachhead the Sith have been sighted on Mustafar. We know little about the planet other than it being an independent mining facility. Though there have been no reported dealings with any being on the planet, any living being at least. Go and see what the Sith are after.

You are our best, last and only hope to stop the darkness. Go and fight well brothers, remember everything you see and report it back to me so we can formulate a counterattack against this new enemy.

General Jon Grievous out.
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:22:20 AM

With the Republic gaining the first victory in the war, it was extremely important that the Sith send a loud and clear message that this war is far from over. As Supreme Commander Maim got word of vital, much needed allies, Atris, and her band of merry handmaidens at Rhen Var, it was vital that we send the man himself, Revan, to lead a strong Force of skilled warriors in battle to destroy the Republic Forces there. For this all important mission, the Sith unit consisted of the following;

62 Darth Revan, Sith Lord
32 Shae Vizla
46 Sith Lord x2
13 Human Engineer
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
8 R7 Astromech Droid
25 Sith Guard x5
3 Mouse Droid
(200pts. 13 activations)

The OR was the following;

30 Arkanian Jedi General
24 Admiral Oteg
46 Elite Gunner x2
66 Old Republic Veteran Trooper x3
14 Old Republic Senator
12 Elite Old Republic Soldier
8 R7 Astromech Droid
(200pts. 10 activations)

Rnd 1: The race to the middle ensues, as neither side gets gambit.

Rnd 2: OR Vet Trooper kills Sith Guard. OR 5-0.

Rnd 3: Shae Vizla finishes off 2 OR Veteran Troopers (adjacent to each other) with fire, who she had flamed the round before. Sith Lord #2 fries the 3rd OR Veteran Trooper, who had taken lightning already from Sith Lord #1.
Sith 66-5.

Rnd 4: Sith Lord fries Elite OR Soldier and Elite Gunner (adjacent to each other) (EG had already taken lightning dmg from before). Shae Vizla finishes off Elite Gunner #2, again with her weapon of choice, her Flame Thrower. Then, the Arkanian Jedi General slays a Sith Guard. Sith get gambit. Sith 134-10.

Rnd 5: Arkanian Jedi General slays 2 Sith Guards. Revan powers in and slays the Arkanian Jedi General, who had already taken damage from a Sith Lord and Shae Vizla. The last remaining Sith Guard then got in the action and killed the OR Senator. At this point the battle was obviously lost, so Oteg retreated to fight another day.

Final Score: Sith 178, OR 20.

No Uniques lost.

In ConnorKenobi's defense, I will say that Rhen Var is an uphill battle for a shooting squad, and I feel that he would have done much better on a different map. He did his best not to bunch up his dudes, but it's tough to do when you're opening doors, and going around corners, trying to get to the middle room for gambit.

Final Analysis: Revan is a beast! Auto damage with Flame Thrower and Force Lightning, in close quarters is sick, and winning initiative every round is a bitch and demoralizing for an opponent. Unfortunately, as the score dictated, the OR had no chance on this day. Welcome Atris, Brianna, and the Echani Handmaidens to the Sith cause. You ladies will no doubt, help the Sith in leading the charge to help win this war!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:36:59 AM

The loss of Atris will be a difficult one for us. But you fought well with what you had commander.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:42:21 PM

Battle Report Incoming From Mustafar.

I bring you word of a tight battle on the planet Mustafar. The Sith arrived only to find that the Republic had dug in and developed a very hard to assault beachhead. Led by Krayt and Talon, a pair of Krayt Sith Troopers and some rookie guards they were training landed on the leftmost side of the planet while the Republic had dug in on the right.

The Republic rushed into gambit in the first round and took a small but nearly significant lead as it made the fight that much more tense. Arfan Ramos led a squad of Green Jedi and several well trained Antarian Rangers into the fight and they found with such valor, even I as a Sith commend their valor and willingness to die for their cause. Were they trained with our strength though they would have prevailed. Our Krath Allies sent along one of their Death Witchs who constructed some sort of booster that enhanced the defense of the Sith troops that were melee combatants. So they missed a lot of shots at us.

Round 2 saw the start to some real combat, one of the Green Jedi managed to land a critical shot on Krayt that his Crab Armor was only able to turn away a little of it. The Sith Guards sensing the need for blood shot a Ranger who was charging up the middle of the field. The Republic kept their gambit hold.

Round 3 saw the first bloodshed as a Krayt Trooper became inherently possessed by some purely deadly force and become a dispassionate killer taking out 2 rangers and taking a chunk out of a Green Jedi who was very poorly trained with their lightsaber and could naught deflect a stroke. In his haste though he perished somehow being overwhelmed by this force. Talon then came in and finished off the surly Green Jedi. Their tough as nails commander then came and took some swings on Talon. The remaining 3 rangers shot and some of their shots got through, Ramos hid in the back.

Round 4 Darth Talon put a beating on the Green Jedi Commander before falling to his blade and a critical shot from a Ranger. In Vengeance Krayt and his trooper struck down that commander as well as a Ranger who had gotten to close. One of the remaining Sith Guards hit a critical shot on another ranger leaving him at half his threshold. At this point Ramos crept towards the Death Witch who was heading his direction and the other guard killed some random engineer the Republic had brought. Krayt and his Trooper ate some damage.

Round 5, the remaining Krayt Trooper took out one of the 2 remaining rangers and the guards wounded the 5th. Ramos killed the Death Witch and chased down the guards and a mouse droid they had brought with them.

Round 6, the last Ranger fell to the blade of the Krayt Trooper who was clinging to life at this point after the Ranger Captain had wounded him. One of the Guards then put two shots into Ramos. Ramos used his blade to cut through the 3 grunts and then stood there eyeing Krayt. Finally, the sith claimed gambit. (to set the stage it was 163-160 In favor of the OR at this point)

Round 7, the Sith win the initiave and the last Krayt Trooper defeats the Ranger captain. Ramos then bases the Trooper and assaults him with his blade, one square outside of gambit and defeats him. Krayt is in gambit but 6 squares away. (193-190 OR)

Round 8, I win initiative and elect him to go first. 30 HP Krayt, 80 HP Ramos. Naturally, I begin my mind games and start to make him doubt charging me, pointing out he can still win if he can get gambit. I calmly pointed out that if he assaulted Krayt and I made a save I would get 3 attacks and I had deadly attack and could kill him. He began to second guess himself and chose to run Ramos away because he was more important to the war effort than the HK's and a 1pt round. I win due to Ramos running away. Final (200-193)

Now the funny part. We played it out just for posterity's sake and he assaulted Krayt, 1 hit, 1 miss, and I made the VCA save. Krayt goes with the Triple, first attack 19, crit, failed defense save, Ramos 40HP, 2nd hit another 19 crit, another failed save. So be glad he chose to run away Jon! lol

DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:34:44 PM

Excellent Commander Spryguy!

Your battle exploits will be noted in the Sith archives and will just add to the Krayt legend. The loss of the stronger Talon is one that was a necessary evil, as we have gained the great "meatbag" droid HK-47, and the HK-50's! We still can draw upon the services of a weaker Talon, as she is currently in a bacta tank, healing from her wounds. She will be back in time for the next round to commence, as I am sure that she will be eager to exact revenge on any Republic forces she can get her blade on! Rest up commander, as we will need you at full strength to continue the battle to help us on the warpath to victory!

Supreme Commander Maim out..............................................................
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:04:16 AM

You fought well JerJerrod, the battle was close and while our enemy now controls the HK series of droids, you did wound a Sith and live to fight another day. We will yet prevail! Take some time to rest and recover and then send in a full report of what secrets you uncovered and what you will need for the next fight to strike back against the Sith in your sector.
jak
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2016 7:17:23 AM

As instructed, my Army of Light forces went to Korriban to investigate reports of Sith activity. Reconnaissance of the planet found high levels of Dark Side power near the Tombs.I assembled my forces of:

45 Valenthyne Farfalla
96 Army of Light Jedi Lord x3
30 Army of Light Consular x2
8 R4 Astromech Droid
8 R7 Astromech Droid
10 Army of Light Trooper x2
3 Mouse Droid

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Farfalla) 20 Old Republic Rookie x5

and went to investigate.
We heard a terrible roar/growl seaming to be about 30 meters away. Moving closer we saw a huge fierce looking
beast obviously conjured up by some foul Sith magic.
then we saw the rest of this leviathan's companions:
Aleema Keto
sith alchemist
6 sith recruits
4 sith mutants

(rd 1) As we moves closer Keto use a spell that made it harder to shoot them from a distance. The rookies were still able to kill 4 Recruits, as the Sith charged in. The leviathan moved as fast as possible, ending up just short of the Jedi's range. Using the Force, 2 of the Lords hit it 4 times, one critical, to severely wound the beast.
(rd 2) The beast struck back, wounding one of the Lords.That Lord slew the beast, and he was healed by a Consular.
The Jedi's and Mutants engaged in melee, and the rookies shot Mutants were they could. After the blows were finished, only the alchemist and 1 Mutant still stood. One of their Recruits charged up next to a Trooper. When the Trooper killed him, he exploded, and the Trooper's Mandolorian armor failed to protect him.He was our only casualty.
(rd 3) After seeing the slaughter we brought to her squad, Aleema Keto fled the field of battle as fast as she could,
leaving the rest of her team to our mercy.

After the smoke cleared and our wounded were healed, a lone figure approached. "I watched your battle with the Sith with great interest." he said."I was undecided as to what side I should take,if any, in this conflict.Your great victory and the cowardice of the Sith, have convinced me to pledge my light saber to the Republic". As he removed his helmet, Master Farfalla, recognized him. "Lord Revan" he exclaimed, "we have heard nothing of you whereabouts
for so long, we feared the worse." The 2 Masters embraced. "You are most welcome to fight for the Republic"
Farfalla spoke. "I have returned", Revan said." and will help where I can."

transmitted to the Supreme Commander of the Republic, from our base on Korriban, via the Holo-Net.
MTFBWY
your servant
Cpt. Jak

analysis by jak OR win 205 -10 (Joe got gambit once)
Farfalla's CE helped alot. The Consulars non-force heal, and their SA, clearly makes them the best of the latest Vset.
The 4 pt rookies even helped more than I thought they would. Their attack and damage increase was helpful, as they were the only non-melee pieces in the battle. A 17 defense and no defensive abilities made the Leviathan
as durable as a balloon.200 HP, and it still went down in 6 hits. Alleema has some cool SA's, and FP's, but we didn't see to much of them, since she ran like the b!tch she is.
funny notes- in mid round 1, Joe said he was glad he was getting init. in round 2. He had mixed up SWM, and IA
initiative rules, I thought he was joking, but he really forgot. Next round he rolled a 20 for init. "I guess you are going first" I said, as I rolled my d20. A 20! we tied, re-rolled and I won. The match lasted 33 minutes, but was over when the Leviathan was slaughtered.
I haven't play SWM since GenCon, and Joe even longer.
It was fun to play again, and I look forward to more matches.
peace
Jak
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2016 9:01:58 AM

Excellent work Captain Jak! Clearly the Sith were trying to recruit the true Revan from our timeline. His skill and prowess in service of the light will no doubt inspire many. Well done!
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 2:34:40 AM

Commander Juiceman,

The Army of Light soldiers are a difficult task for any Force to face, even for some of our darkest creations. You didn't lose any of our strong warriors, so take it as a valuable experience to learn some of their tactics, and how we can use this to our advantage in battles to come. Rest up, for the war is far from over.
Supreme Commander Maim out..............
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 2:42:48 AM

Sith Commanders!

As the first round is coming to an end (awaiting the results from 1 more battle), I am plotting for round 2, so send me your requests, and I will grant priority in the order I receive them.

Maim out......................
juice man
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 5:51:29 AM

All I have to say is: AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Stupid, big, lumbering beast. Two Army of Light Jedi Lords cost only 4 pts. more and have DBBL Greater Mobile and hit for +16/30. Cursing AND they help each other move!!!!!Cursing

further whining as needed
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 9:20:23 AM

Only one battle remains and then we shall counterattack brothers!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 10:19:34 PM

Deaths/Jen'ari you also only have tomorrow to finish your battle
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:32:52 AM

This is Jedi commander Deaths_Baine reporting in late… our transmission from Kashyyk must have been jammed by the sith while in orbit. We made contact with the wookies and were notified of a sith assault team making its way towards the shadowlands. Master Thon decided it was time to track them down and rid the galaxy of their evil. Master Thon brought satele shan, vima sunrider and atton rand long with some others to track the sith assault team to the corners of kashyyk. We ran into them deep in the heart of the forest where naga sado was trying to convince the wookies to join him in his conquest he was backed by warb null, a force spirit that looked like freedon nadd, and a queen with some of her operatives. The fight begin in the trees with jedi healer on thons back with satele and vima rounding out behind with legendary force defenses. The sith managed to dodge and deflect some of attons attacks while the fighting moved closer together. It was a savage fight with both sides trading force powers and attacks. Towards the end Vima gave her life to rid the galaxy of naga sado’s vile presence…. Thon let out a wave of force that scared the remaining sith away as he felt vima’s joining of the light. The wookies have rallied to the light side’s cause at the amazing sight of what the light is willing to do to protect others. Vima’s sacrifice will not be in vain the Light will rally at her sacrifice and will rid the galaxy of this evil stain. Deaths_Baine 139 to his 101. Uniques lost Vima Sunrider--- Naga Sado.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:39:51 AM

Well done commander! The loss of Vima will be a hard one, but she yet lives in another place. I will speak with Nomi when I return to the temple. Get some rest and await further orders.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:50:03 AM

Commanders,

This new breed of Sith has struck fast and hard but we have held fast against the darkness. This war is far from over though which means we need to both secure vital resources as well as counter Darth Maim's plans. Orders are as follows:

ConnorKenobi, you and Jer Jerrod will head to the Dantooine system. While Dantooine is located far from the Sith armada, I'm sure I don't have to remind you that wars are not won with speeches and troops but instead with supplies, food, and equipment; all things that this multi-pronged Sith attack has cut off and destabilized. Currently we are stretched thin and unless we recieve outside aid we will have to abandon many of our outlying bases and planets which will leave them vunerable to the Sith.
Which brings me to your mission. The heads of Czerka Corporation, while publicly remaining neutral, have privately sent a holo transmission to Republic command and declared their support for us, as long as we can pay. I'm sure that Sith spies have already intercepted their transmission to us and will no doubt seek to cut off this vital supply source. Connor you will head to the planet to meet with their trade delegate while JerJerrod secures the orbital fueling station and rendevous with their technology division. Rumour has it that Czerka has developed a powerful new shield disabling technology. We need this.

Jak,
you and I will move to block the Sith from their next goal. By retrieving Revan from Korriban and securing their system, the Sith will no doubt seek out another dark side planet while they lick their wounds and prepare to take back their home world. Our Jedi scouts report a two pronged force headed for Dathomir. If the Sith can secure an alliance with the Nightsisters and their Rancor war beasts then our ground forces would be held in terror at the mere thought of facing such monsters in combat. I'll confront the Nightsisters directly while you lead an assualt on their Rancor pens. Even if they refuse to listen to me you can seize their beasts.

Deaths_Baine,
It's my understanding after talking to Zaalbar and Revan that the location of two more allies of the old Sith war have been found. I'm dispatching you to Yavin to track down the legendary Jolee Bindo and Juhani. Revan has told me that these two will be critical if we hope to stop this darkness.

You all have two days to send requests for troop allotments, otherwise may the Force be with you brothers