RegisterDonateLogin

Programmed for etiquette and protocol.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Great Galactic War: Old Republic Versus Sith, Standings, Schedules and Results Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 10:58:18 AM
Groups: Member

And first page/post updated with new round schedule/maps
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 5:40:52 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
This is Jedi commander Deaths_Baine reporting in late… our transmission from Kashyyk must have been jammed by the sith while in orbit. We made contact with the wookies and were notified of a sith assault team making its way towards the shadowlands. Master Thon decided it was time to track them down and rid the galaxy of their evil. Master Thon brought satele shan, vima sunrider and atton rand long with some others to track the sith assault team to the corners of kashyyk. We ran into them deep in the heart of the forest where naga sado was trying to convince the wookies to join him in his conquest he was backed by warb null, a force spirit that looked like freedon nadd, and a queen with some of her operatives. The fight begin in the trees with jedi healer on thons back with satele and vima rounding out behind with legendary force defenses. The sith managed to dodge and deflect some of attons attacks while the fighting moved closer together. It was a savage fight with both sides trading force powers and attacks. Towards the end Vima gave her life to rid the galaxy of naga sado’s vile presence…. Thon let out a wave of force that scared the remaining sith away as he felt vima’s joining of the light. The wookies have rallied to the light side’s cause at the amazing sight of what the light is willing to do to protect others. Vima’s sacrifice will not be in vain the Light will rally at her sacrifice and will rid the galaxy of this evil stain. Deaths_Baine 139 to his 101. Uniques lost Vima Sunrider--- Naga Sado.

Vima died a painful and drawn out death and so will the dark. It might take a while to snuff out the light, but slowly and surely that rally cry will just be a cry. A cry of rage and power and loss. The dark does not care about Naga's demise, he is an outdated lord of the Sith. We will slowly break your spirit.
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:19:26 AM

Commander Jen'ari,

Naga Sadow's legacy will inspire us and his death will not be in vain. Striking down a Sunrider, will send ripples of fear, anger, and despair through the Republic's forces. We lost this particular battle, but the war is far from over. Rest up commander, as orders are coming in for the next round, where we will counter with significant brute Force and tactical precision strikes to rid the Galaxy of the Republic once and for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supreme Commander Maim out....................................................
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 6:56:11 PM

Sith allocations have been sent out for Round 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The power of the Darkside is too strong for the Republic. They greatly underestimate our power. They will be no match for us. Remember to utilize your anger, aggressiveness, abilities to channel and direct fear into the hearts and minds of our opponents, and charge our selves with our inherent evil adrenaline, that pulsates through our blood and veins. It sets us apart from the Jedi, and we can use this to our advantage to crush our enemies. Steel yourselves Sith, and obliterate the Republic to rid the Galaxy of them once and for all. Commence with battle victories Commanders. I look forward to hearing of your conquests.

Supreme Commander Maim out....................................................
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:52:06 AM

All Old Republic Allocations have been distributed. Expect your respective battle groups to rendevous with your command posts shortly. Your lights are holding against the darkness and we will get drive it back! Fight well! Strength and honour and to victory!
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:21:09 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Still unable to send messages, only a couple users actually work. Curse this Sith communication jamming!

But I just emailed you Jer. Still need to find a way to get allocations to death and Connor. Super weird glitch. Jak can you try bloomailng them? Then if it works I can relay through you

Supreme Commander Grievous and Commander XxxDarthBanexxX, are you able to receive and send bloomails now?

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:14:18 PM

I'm still down for communications so I emailed my forces.
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2016 9:41:26 AM

Commander XxxDarthBanexxX,

I have emailed you your Forces! I look forward to hearing of your victory on Dathomir. Glory to the Sith!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maim out.................................
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 3:28:17 PM

jak wrote:
analysis by jak OR win 205 -10 (Joe got gambit once)
Farfalla's CE helped alot. The Consulars non-force heal, and their SA, clearly makes them the best of the latest Vset.
The 4 pt rookies even helped more than I thought they would. Their attack and damage increase was helpful, as they were the only non-melee pieces in the battle. A 17 defense and no defensive abilities made the Leviathan
as durable as a balloon.200 HP, and it still went down in 6 hits. Alleema has some cool SA's, and FP's, but we didn't see to much of them, since she ran like the b!tch she is.
funny notes- in mid round 1, Joe said he was glad he was getting init. in round 2. He had mixed up SWM, and IA
initiative rules, I thought he was joking, but he really forgot. Next round he rolled a 20 for init. "I guess you are going first" I said, as I rolled my d20. A 20! we tied, re-rolled and I won. The match lasted 33 minutes, but was over when the Leviathan was slaughtered.
I haven't play SWM since GenCon, and Joe even longer.
It was fun to play again, and I look forward to more matches.
peace
Jak

Great write up Commander Jak, even though you are Republic scum Tongue

Greetings to all Commanders taking part in The Great Galactic War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one, am really enjoying this War, and have to concur with Jak, I am looking forward to many more matches. I love these 2 factions. I wish I could battle weekly! I am so pumped up! Believe it or not, I am already kinda planning for round 3 ( maps, allocations, etc. ), of course not finalizing, pending character defeats, Commander requests, etc.

With this being said, I am realizing that there are only 6 rounds to our war Sad. Would any of you consider, if the war is close ( or even decide right away ), to extend the war, to perhaps 8 rounds? If anyone objects, not a big deal. My thoughts are that it would give us more time to really explore matchups, synergies, expand on squad building, and allow us the opportunities to mix in the Fringe bonuses, that we only receive as rewards, that we don't even see until we win them. Just a thought, and thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts.

Supreme Commander Maim out.....................................................

( Moved discussion to "The Great Galactic War: Old Republic vs Sith, Chit Chat" )
jak
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:37:54 PM

met the Sith scum in the rancors caves.
VENI
VIDI
ego suxistiOMG
juice man
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:04:06 PM

Commander, Greetings.
I question the wisdom of pursuing, as allies, more great lumbering beasts such as the Rancor. Perhaps my recent experience with the Leviathan has turned me from using such large, stupid, senseless ... pardon, I digress. Anyway orders are orders. We arrived at the Rancor pens hoping to spill blood, and lo, there also to acquire slabs of meat were my old foes - the Army of Light. Ha! This time no easy victory for them, since we had no Leviathan in our midst. Secretly I had been hoping to meet these foes again, oh joyous day.

45 Valenthyne Farfalla
96 Army of Light Jedi Lord x3
30 Army of Light Consular x2
8 R4 Astromech Droid
8 R7 Astromech Droid
10 Army of Light Trooper x2
3 Mouse Droid

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Farfalla) 20 Old Republic Rookie x5

vs.

58 Dread Master x2
30 Lost Tribe Isolationist
40 Skyborn Ranger on Uvak x2
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
36 Keshiri Warrior x4
24 Sith Trooper x3

(209pts. 13 activations)

Who better to deal with Army Lords then Dread Masters? Why, Lost Tribe Dread Masters!
But the true stars of this battle were the Skyborn Rangers who charged into the thick of it and battered my opponent mercilessly. My Troopers proved their mettle today as well and the Isolationist buoyed us all with bloodlust.

The Lords seemed stunned like timid Nerfs when the first Ranger flew in and battered two at once, criting one.
The other flew in and killed two R units and crited a low level Consular. Force bubble helps some vs. 40 damage and less vs. 60. They showed some spirit when, instead of healing a Lord the wounded Consular killed one Ranger, but the other had vengeance killing both the Lord and the Consular in one mighty rush.

Victory is ours! 93 to 78

One Lord dead, another dying and Valenthyne Farfalla, as in the last battle, hiding, in a room.

Captain Juice out.

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2016 8:54:46 PM

The loss of another Jedi brother is a hard one. He is with the Force now but it's gain is our loss. The Sith's capture of the Rancors is dire news but it only makes my mission to the Nightsister coven all the more important. My forces are completing their recon and will launch the assualt in three days time. Keep fighting brothers!
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 6:26:06 PM

Excellent Commander Juice Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your victory securing the Rancor beasts is a most glorious one. Leading the Dreadmasters and the Lost Tribe warriors to victory over the Army of the Light is a tremendous accomplishment. You have redeemed yourself from your last defeat and I am confident that you will continue to improve and eventually be one of the top Sith commanders. Take your leave and rest up for round 3. The Republic will no doubt be reeling from this loss and want to exact revenge.

Supreme Commander Maim out...................................................
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:08:04 PM

Incoming transmission from the planet Dantooine................................................

With word of a blaster technology that we believe would be instrumental in the evolution of warfare, I dispatched a strong Force of Sith to procure the services of these talented technicians.

The Sith was the following;

50 Darth Cognus
41 Atris
24 Alema Rar
23 Sith Lord
20 Queen Amanoa
13 Human Engineer
11 Freedon Nadd, Dark Force Spirit
8 R7 Astromech Droid
9 XT-6 Droid x3

The Old Republic chose to counter with the following:

65 Master Kavar
60 Master Vandar
28 Zayne Carrick, Jedi Loner
23 Jarael
8 R7 Astromech Droid
15 XT-6 Droid x5

Round 1 had both sides rushing to the middle to secure gambit.

Round 2 had both sides getting to the middle to secure gambit. Sith 10, OR 10.

Round 3 was Darth Cognus and Jarael trading blows, then securing gambit for both sides. Sith 20, OR 20.

Round 4 Sith sacrificed an XT-6 Droid, andJarael kills the Human Engineer. As Jarael was taking hits from 3 strong Sith warriors, she finally succumbed to her injuries, missing another parry, and was slayed by a Sith Lord by lightsaber. Sith gets gambit. Sith 53, OR 36.

Round 5 Sith sacrifice an XT-6 Droid, Master Kavar slays the Sith Lord, and the battle came down to the last roll, as Darth Cognus swung her lightsaber and missed with her first attack on Zayne Carrick, and also missed with the Force point re-roll, rolling a 1, then she hit with the second, taking him down to 10 hp. To my dismay and disgust, Carrick survived. Both sides got gambit, as time in the battle expired.

OR 72, Sith 63

Czerka Scientist with blaster technology gets awarded to the OR. But perhaps more important, the death of Jarael, never to help the OR in the war again!

Uniques lost:

Jarael

Maim out.........................................
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 8:42:37 PM

A bloody day on Dathomir.

The witches went into hiding after my initial recon on their coven. When I saw the Sith troop lander set down I knew I had to move now. My Jedi scout Kerra Holt led a team of Juggernaught war droids led by Bastilla and Bao-Dur. But our enemy was the one known as Darth Bane himself, he went by "Dessel" and led his personal elite guard of Gloomwalkers along with his apprentice Darth Zannah and Wryylok, clearly there to speak for the Sith. We traded shots down the long stone corridors but Bao-Dur'a repairing skills were critical for my war effort. Dessel charged forwards and blasted several of the Juggernaughts at close range wounding them. But then found himself defenceless to my droids hail of blasterfire. But I knew it wasn't enough to stop my enemy and as he began to retreat Kerra Holt sprung into action and rapidly cut down a Gloomwalker blocking their lord and landing a deadly critical hit on Wryylok, who had appeared to hurl lighting at a droid. She was then attacked by many gauntlet knives but the force fought with her (and gave the Sith terrible rolls!) Zannah also moved in for the strike. The second last round found Dessel attempting to intuition to safety but Kerra landed a deadly hit knocking him to a mere 20 health. A lone heroic juggernaut droid charged down the narrow corridor Dessel had ran and gunned him down with a final well-aimed shot. The Gloomwalkers retaliated by stabbing Kerra repeatedly. The poor Jedi disappeared before my eyes, leaving only a robe in her place. And then a wounded Darth Zannah fled the battlefield.

OR win,

Uniques lost:
Kerra Holt
Dessel
Darth Wryylok

After the battle the Nightsisters approached me and were taken into my custody. They will serve us or be imprisoned but they will be denied as Sith pawns.

Jedi Holt is with the force now and it was a hard fought victory, but we have accomplished our mission. Keep fighting brothers
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 9:24:08 PM

Sith Victory on the Fueling Station.

Exar Kun, leading an army of 28 Sith Recruits faced off against a squad of Drop Pilots with an Arkanian General and Forn Dodonna in command. After using his pawns to transfer in and out of combat Exar set his sights on Forn Dodonna as 4 recruits blocked his escape from a room setting him up to take a transfer in the next round. Wisely Forn killed one of the recruits took his destruct damage and ran away fleeing the battlefield.

Sith Win 200-96
No Uniques Lost,

19 Recruits defeated in case anyone is interested. Then several OR Pilots.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2016 10:43:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Forn is a she.
juice man
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 5:32:43 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Forn is a she.
Hard to tell, when she is fleeing the field of battle.Flapper
jak
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 6:48:51 AM

wyyrlok is a tough loss.
how do risk and lose the only "booming voice' in our game?

?
also who exactly is included in the nightisters?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 8:55:50 AM

jak wrote:
wyyrlok is a tough loss.
how do risk and lose the only "booming voice' in our game?

?
also who exactly is included in the nightisters?

It was a deep strike rolling attack kill to get through the Gloomwalkers blocking him. And it's all non-unique NightSisters including Inperial, rancor, Hunter, shaman, mother and classic witch.