RegisterDonateLogin

The extra "o" means quality.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 47 - Armament Options
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, April 3, 2017 8:01:47 PM
Groups: Member

For this weeks contest make a character with the Armament special ability. There's no glossary for it so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be exactly three abilities or not, so I'm going to say that it doesn't matter how many.

Rules

1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, April 8th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 8pm EST on Monday, April 10th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 12:04:26 PM

donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:23:47 PM

Going way out there this week. It's a love or hate I think...

Mandalore the Avenger
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:42:59 PM

donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:39:01 AM

Armament is tough. You want to find 3 abilities that would be great to have all at once but are forced to chose 1 of them. The original (Jolt or Splash20 or LS+10) is perfect. It would be nice to jolt whoever you hit with your adjacent attacks, but 10 damage isn't that great so you almost need to take LS10. Splash and Jolt would be nice but picking one or the other makes you choose between trying to activate somebody or give yourself at least a 50/50 shot at hitting a clustered group for 20.

This is a tough week....good choice!!
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:58:30 PM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:15:37 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:47:18 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:57:26 PM

An amazing character from a game no one played, being that it was a third person Dark Forces and Kyle Katarn is in the game it's only fitting she fights in a similar way to the current Kyle as a weapon-switching video game character.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27481/rihanna-saren
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 8:52:44 PM

donnyrides
Posted: Friday, April 7, 2017 6:07:04 AM

I think I've left feedback for everyone so far. I feel like a jerk because some of my feedback after rereading it feels harsh or belittling. I am very sorry if it comes off that way. I'm no expert in any way shape or form as clearly seen by the weekly winners threadBigGrin . I just want to give my honest thoughts.

again, sorry if they offend and i hope they help.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, April 7, 2017 1:54:01 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27492/greff-timms-industrial-agent

Little bit of an abstraction, Wook isn't really clear on what Greff-Timms Industrial is. One page says they were in business during the Great Sith War, another page says they supplied the Antarian Rangers (formed 620 BBY) with weapons.
saber1
Posted: Sunday, April 9, 2017 7:45:19 PM

Back in the day I typically listed feedback and voting justification for each entry. I actually had a few minutes this evening so I thought I would use them to do so once again. Great entries by all. This was a fun choice this week and each person came up with some great stuff. That said, here are my thoughts...

juice man : Corran Horn – Simple, accurate effective. This looks like a great, low-cost shooter who encapsulates the character at this point in his life quite well. Great abilities and being Fringe there are a lot of synergy options. My only gripe is the lack of Pilot, but its not a deal breaker.

donnyrides: Mandalore – I don’t know much about the character but your version looks stout with a very nice CE. The Armament options are pretty tough and combined with Accurate and Stable Platform, he should dish the damage nicely.

saber1: HK-47 – Biggest pile of crap I’ve ever seen…and I’ve been to the circus before they stopped including elephants!

spryguy1981: Sabine Wren – Another character I’m not familiar with (man, do I need to get on it and start watching Rebels). That said, she looks very tough to kill with Beskar’gam, Cloaked and Flight. As I mentioned in the comments, toss in Evade with Rieekan and she gets kinda nuts. Then there are the Ghost Crew synergies. 60 Damage up close or 80 at range with your Armament options and I start to get concerned about her price.

Kamikaze13: Boba Fett – This is a really well considered piece. Does he “feel” like Fett? Check. Are stats and damage output befitting his cost? Check. Are there fun options on the card and with potential squad synergies? Check. SSB was a wise choice. Very solid piece.

jen’ari: Canderous Ordo – Useful CE and decent staying power. Overload is always fun and Sonic Screamer looks like a cool ability. It might get really fun if used before Grenades, hoping Jedi fail the save and must spend 2 FPs to reroll. Suppressive Fire with (effectively) Quadruple Attack does send up red flags. This would need heavy playtesting to sort out.

General Grievous: Rihanna Saren – I’ll just say it, this looks iffy on the price. Don’t get me wrong, the stats and abilities look great and as a Fringe piece it makes my mind race with the oodles of potential synergies. However, in a Talon squad (especially with the option of built-in Twin) she looks to be worth far more than 20 points.

SithBot: R2-D2 – Armament is a fun and out-of-the-box choice for this character. Oil Slick and Hacker are fun abilities. As was stated in comments, Oil Slick might be best if simplified to work like mines. Pilot? Can R2 benefit from the Pilot SA? If so, do I want him to? Hmm, R2 with Close Range Targeting Computer seems wrong to me. 70HP seems excessive.

CorellianComedian: Greff – Extremely inexpensive and simple character. I appreciate the Antarian Ranger support. I see Signal Flare as being useful but doling out Gauntlet Knife +20 is the real prize here.

Its a tough call this week as I easily see myself playing each of these pieces and having a good time doing so. But, this is a contest so I had to make the call and go with...

THIRD: Rihanna Saren (General Grievous) - I can't speak to accuracy as I'm not up on the details of the character. However, this one looks abundantly useful and potent. Had the price been a bit higher I might have bumped this one up from third place.

SECOND: Boba Fett (Kamikaze13) - Pulling off a good Boba is tough because most people view the character as such a B.A. that its tough to resist the temptation to go crazy and make it OP. You managed to produce a piece that easily fits into the time period suggested by the subtitle. Its also one that is quite useful.

FIRST: Corran Horn (juice man) - First, I'll admit my bias as this is one of my favorite characters. That said, you did a very good job making a custom that is accurate to the source material. It is also a piece that, IMHO, looks quite fun, useful and balanced. You can drop this one into any number of squads and he'd pull his weight.
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 5:29:25 AM

1st - sithbot - R2: The tech on this piece is great. Hacker is something that just makes sense from a movie/game/cartoon standpoint, but without playtesting, I don't know if it is too powerful from a SWMs perspective. Either way, I still think it's cool.

2nd - Juice: Corran Horn - easy to use, low cost piece. I like it.

3rd - CC - greff-timms-industrial-agent: I think this piece would see the tabletop a lot for it's stealth hate alone. Only non-unique this week.

Great week this week everyone.
Echo24
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 10:17:39 AM

Just wanted to throw out that I love seeing what you guys are coming up for Armament. It's an evolution of an ability that I wanted on Kyle Katarn, Rebel Operative (the first SWM piece I got to help design!) but it sadly got cut, so I streamlined it a bit and fought for it to be on Kyle Katarn, Rebel Hero. I felt it really fit him in the Dark Forces games, but also that it was a neat mechanic that I was/am hoping to see elsewhere, and there are some great uses of it here.

You guys have really picked up on the subtleties of the ability and used it in ways I hadn't considered (it being on R2 and given out via a commander are both really clever!).

Kudos to all of you, and thanks for keeping the customs corner of SWM alive. BlooMilk
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 10:22:02 AM

1st: CorellianComedian

2nd: General_Grievous

3rd: saber1

Sorry about not giving feedback, I did try to get on Friday night but could not connect to the site...
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 10:32:20 AM

Echo24 wrote:
Just wanted to throw out that I love seeing what you guys are coming up for Armament. It's an evolution of an ability that I wanted on Kyle Katarn, Rebel Operative (the first SWM piece I got to help design!) but it sadly got cut, so I streamlined it a bit and fought for it to be on Kyle Katarn, Rebel Hero. I felt it really fit him in the Dark Forces games, but also that it was a neat mechanic that I was/am hoping to see elsewhere, and there are some great uses of it here.

You guys have really picked up on the subtleties of the ability and used it in ways I hadn't considered (it being on R2 and given out via a commander are both really clever!).

Kudos to all of you, and thanks for keeping the customs corner of SWM alive. BlooMilk

Armament is a fun ability. Though it was actually harder then I thought making a piece specifically to add Armament to.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 11:15:09 AM

1st Spry this one just screams thematic too me, great Armament options that fit the character, adds another great combo (mandos in Rebels!) and yet doesn't add a single new ability for added simplicity, well played Spry.

2nd Kam, another excellent rendition of making the hard choice which ability to choose and Fett's weapon versatility is really shown here.

3rd Juice, Corran reminds me of Blade Runner, and I think that's exactly fitting as well as a cool collection of Armament abilities on a low-cost character

Great ones this week though, and I think I liked Sithbot's Armament the best if that was the sole decider of a victor as well as the awesome tech that CC provided with his. Jen'ari sonic screamer rocks as the coolest new ability and I'm picturing the Selketh facility fight. Donny and Saber definitely made the most powerful pieces and on fitting characters too. Great job all around everyone
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 11:16:19 AM

@Echo24 - Feel free to vote. Voting isn't just for the weekly participants.
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:59:36 AM

The Votes are in and Juice man is this weeks winner.

Juice man - 3 2 1 = 6

Kam - 2 2 =4 - Voted
GG - 1 2= 3 - Voted
sithbot 3 = 3
CC - 1 3 = 4
saber1 - 1 = 1 - Voted
spry - 3 = 3
Donny - 0...sniffle sniffle = 0 Crying - Voted

Wait, Voting rules....No vote, no win... Must be a busy IRL week. No votes from Juice Man, Sithbot, CC or Spry

Do we want to wait for more votes? if not, by the letter of the law, Kam would be the winner with 2 second place votes.