RegisterDonateLogin

It is you and your Bloo Milk that the Emperor wants.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 57 - A Huge Boost Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:55:07 PM
Groups: Member

Alright this week I want everyone to dig deep and help out the poor Separatist Huge Droids. There are several boosts specific to them already(avoid defeat-like ce, advanced shields, defoliator, huge walker, stable footing, and forward positioning) and even some cool new versions, but yet they just don't have what it takes to put together a tier 1 team.

Your challenge is to change that, we are looking for a commander, technician, mechanic, whatever, but someone who will make the final push to help all Separatist Huges be competitive. Non-unique or Unique is fine either way. Get creative and help my droid friends!

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 17th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, June 19, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 8:57:17 PM

As soon as I read week 57s CCC Ideas popped into my head:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28000/verpine-master-droid-technician

for this piece to maintain any value at all (especially for the CCC) Master Droid Technician has to stay, as does the CE. The Nano-Droids ability could be lowered to 10 damage repaired, but since it has to 1: be given out with an activation, 2: only triggers once a round, it kinda balances out and helps some of the higher HP Huge pieces stay around for longer.

I looked up all droids with the Gunner ability and found 0. (was a wee bit surprised). Thus i created this CE and made it Gunner 10 to further enhance the Huge pieces of the Separatists.

The only 2 things I feel that.....might need tweeking are the Affinity, The Nano-Droid Repair (10 vs 20, but Im really preferring 20) and of course the cost. (especially the Affinity and all the boosts it could give to other droids once in a Sep squad).

UPDATE!

Ok so I have updated him, made him cyborg to make it better to understand how he has such rapport with droids (and that he has nano droids, i hate to have an new ability that is given out that isnt on the new character. It also might be able to explain how he can give nano droids out. since rigid isnt as such an issue i made his CE (which is still subject to being disrupted) to include giving flight and speed 8. This character now REALLY helps with the survivability of the huge droids as well as their mobility. I see him as a really good utility character to help the huge (and other) droids out a lot. But would be rather easy to kill otherwise. (flight still doesnt ignore walls, but at least with the ability to squeeze and move 8, they can get around a good bit easier.) He has rigged special jetpacks onto the huge droids that grants those abilities, he being cyborg helps them use said jetpacks, however if he is disrupted or killed, they huge droids obviously no longer have that assistance and can no longer fly, or move faster. I have also adjusted his cost. Please advise on the cost.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 9:31:21 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28001/kraken

Is my current take on this. Although I'm tempted to run one of my old Kalani's in this contest.
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:42:31 AM

GG, I know I'm being pesimistic, but unless you are playing on Hoth, Huges can't manuver enough to be useful, especially with Gambit scoring. The love affair with winding 2 square wide paths with doors all over the place has made huge characters next to useless. But I have an idea for a huge that could spawn armies of mediums.
Multi-Troop Transport

spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:59:50 AM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 8:00:02 AM

Droid Control Pod

Droid Artillery was supposed to be part of the CE, but it wouldn't let me have it all so an SA it became.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 6:01:24 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 11:53:40 AM

.... see, the problem with Sep Huge's is WOTC was Very inconsistent. Some have Missles, most don't. Some have Mounted Weapon, some don't. All of them should have Draw Fire (When you're that big, you Should be a target.) Its hard to help them all. Extend their range/firepower? Give them all Mounted Weapon? Why don't they have targeting? It's a droid ability. Shouldn't they all have some form of crush/stomp if they're That big.

Only two of them have ratings above 7; reason being they're worthless; that's why the contest is here. But the Best way to increase value is to decrease its cost .....

Bactoid Factory Droid

.... or ..... whatever Wink

Can't really give them Stomp, not sure if I should give them Draw Fire but I can give them some things .....
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 11:56:29 AM

Good points Surf, and I like what you did here, I think some text is missing from that first ability. And I like that the rapport stacks with Tann for cheaper forces. Targeting is also a cool angle!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:01:35 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Good points Surf, and I like what you did here, I think some text is missing from that first ability. And I like that the rapport stacks with Tann for cheaper forces. Targeting is also a cool angle!

Missing words ... price you pay when lunch is over ......... fixing
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:03:04 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
.... see, the problem with Sep Huge's is WOTC was Very inconsistent. Some have Missles, most don't. Some have Mounted Weapon, some don't. All of them should have Draw Fire (When you're that big, you Should be a target.) Its hard to help them all. Extend their range/firepower? Give them all Mounted Weapon? Why don't they have targeting? It's a droid ability. Shouldn't they all have some form of crush/stomp if they're That big.

Only two of them have ratings above 7; reason being they're worthless; that's why the contest is here. But the Best way to increase value is to decrease its cost .....

Bactoid Factory Droid

.... or ..... whatever Wink

Can't really give them Stomp, not sure if I should give them Draw Fire but I can give them some things .....

it gives me an image not found, and I really want to see what Surf has for this! Smile
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:06:05 PM

Blem, .... as Yoda said, "A virtue patience is ...."
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:07:41 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

The only ones without Mounted Weapon are the Huge Crab and Homing Spider. Yes, they should all have a crush/Stomp idea (or at least most of them), that's what I tried to emulate with my entry's CE (which actually works well being the Crab/Spider are not affected as their wide open undersides would give plenty of room to avoid being "run over"/crushed). Starfighter in walking mode is just one of those odd exceptions this game always ends up with.

Any particular reason you went with unique on your droid? I can't see the reason to run more than 1 regardless, but if there is a specific reason...

saber1
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:28:36 PM

Droid Army Battle Coordinator

I put together this piece with some things I cooked up to boost Huge Sep pieces.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:49:03 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:22:36 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Any particular reason you went with unique on your droid? I can't see the reason to run more than 1 regardless, but if there is a specific reason...

Actually while I didn't what him to have a name as such, I also wanted him to be a "one and done" so if someone was running a 500 pt game you still only get the one. I almost wanted to make him 20 pts, to make him prohibitively expensive enough that one was all but whatever. Brain melt and I needed to grade papers so lunch was all I could give him.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 4:44:09 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

Actually while I didn't what him to have a name as such, I also wanted him to be a "one and done" so if someone was running a 500 pt game you still only get the one. I almost wanted to make him 20 pts, to make him prohibitively expensive enough that one was all but whatever. Brain melt and I needed to grade papers so lunch was all I could give him.

Perhaps taking a page from the War coordinator and adding a "you may only have one character with Increased Efficiency in your squad". Unique is fine from a mechanics stand point, but you since gave me crap (light-heartedly) about my Bombad twi'lek Flapper
Lord_Ball
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:38:39 AM

1 jen'ari
2 GG
3 blem
saber1
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 9:28:32 AM

FIRST
GG: Kraken - Great assortment of abilities and the CE is the icing on the cake.

SECOND
spry: Colicoid Droid Tech - Defensive Shielding Upgrade is very cool and thematic. Cool CE (similar to GG's).

THIRD
surf: Bactoid Factory Droid - Staggered rapport is cool and fitting. Handing out Targeting and Missiles 40 is welcome.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 10:49:59 AM

1. Blemelisk

2. Kamikaze13

3. Surfrider