RegisterDonateLogin

Search your feelings. You know it to be Bloo.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 63 - A SHRUBBERY!!! Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:02:24 AM
Groups: Member

Alright, this week we are going way outside the box and out into the garden. The challenge is to create a plant. That is the only guiding rule.
So can be anything from a carnivorous snaring plant from Abeloth's world, to a Vongformed poisonous monster, or perhaps a healing Jedi tree, or technically even T'ra Saa or her people people the Neti. Get creative and get crazy.

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, July 22th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, July 31st, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:05:11 AM

there are a few ideas which spring to mind.
an ergeshi wanderer in droid-armature.

I am looking forward to seeing Surf's entry. BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:39:40 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:

Haha same here! Surf has to have some good ideas stashed away
Naarkon
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:58:29 AM

Here's mine.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28148/chhala-tree

These are from the Thrawn books. The idea is that they were essentially listening devices hidden in plain sight. As long as you can keep your opponent distracted (los to a nondiplomat), you get to steal information from them.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:33:42 AM

saber1
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:44:04 AM

Naarkon wrote:
Here's mine.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28148/chhala-tree

These are from the Thrawn books. The idea is that they were essentially listening devices hidden in plain sight. As long as you can keep your opponent distracted (los to a nondiplomat), you get to steal information from them.

Gah!! You beat me to it!
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:48:43 AM

In a sneak preview of next week, we will be tasked with cutting down the mightiest tree in the forrest with...a HERRING!!!
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:55:39 AM

It needs some clean up but you should get the idea

Amphistaff Polyp

or the yin to its yang

Baffor Grove
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:18:35 AM

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:19:20 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
kobayashimaru wrote:

Haha same here! Surf has to have some good ideas stashed away

... and What makes you Think I may be interested in plants? RollEyes
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:24:50 PM

See, the thing that bothers me is when I occassionaly wander into here and see something that bugs me .... it bugs me. I'm a card maker first and formost. In some ways I have limitations on me that none of you in here have.

Remember when the Darth Revan from TFU came out and we all said "Wow, that cards packed and hard to read." Well it didn't have a flavor text and didn't have the usual spacing in between sections; the spacing was much smaller. I've on occassion said "That won't fit into a card." What will fit? Using FBAgency and Font 12 (What the original cards used) You Might squeeze in 27 lines on a card. Translation to Bloomilk character creation? Using the three titles of SA, FP and CE, .... 16 lines of writing at most, including possible flavor.

Something to think about when you create a character, and therefore welcome to my world.

I say this not necessarily to enlighten all, but to mention my restriction. In my Jedi card, after researching, I Really wanted to include a "Condiional Battle Meditation" FP because she developed it during NR time but didn't have it during the Galactic Republic age. I was limited, so to "fit" my card ... c'est la guerre

Koba, GG .... really? Since when did anyone look forward to seeing my stuff or have interesting stuff stashed? I can hardly get anyone to comment on my thread. Nobody said a word last time and I figured I bombed ... so they could hardly be interesting!

I digress ... here's my two ideas and can't figure out which BigGrin

Master Jedi T'ra Saa I really wanted to do the Conditional BM but it just wouldn't fit .... and frankly I hate the pic; still, a plant is a plant so even though its been sitting in the "back" of the computer, here she is. Totally according to Wook of course Cool

My second choice is ...

Revwien Wanderer I've actually made another Revwein, but I like this pic better. Again another back burner thats been sitting there since 2010. Researched from Wook; I like the Tyia aspect in particular.

So, better or worse, here they be.

Cheers,

surf

PS - Flickr may work but its not as easy as Photobucket .... but its free ThumpUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:42:26 PM

Surf you have a bit of everything so I know you have some awesome pieces in your treasure trove of cards. I think part of any challenges I get to make is to see some of your cool art! You definitely did not disappoint, awesome T'ra and I have no idea who the latter is (and I know pretty much all of the old canon so well done) but both are pretty perfect. Only thing I would change is maybe T'ra boosting K'kruhk as well with Twin (if there's space) but otherwise fantastic and great boost to Tholme as well.

The wanderer is also really interesting too and it's really hard pressed to say which one I like better. I think the game needs both so hopefully a designer or two is looking at this thread.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:29:21 PM

blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:14:10 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28155/kewafi-flower

wasnt origionally going to enter because it didnt create any new ideas right off the bat (but I do like the idea of this ccc)

Came up with this one from a short wookieepedia entry: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kewafi_flower

With so little to go on, i decided to make it look similar to other flowers (since it is a flower) and thus it would be hard to find in a pile of other flowers (thus cloaked in cover)

Gave new barb SA for a short ranged damage as per the entry on wookieepedia. Also gave it speed 0 (it is a plant), also as it is non sentient I gave it the specific version of Independent, as it isnt trainable, so it shouldnt be subject to any SAs or CEs etc that might boost it. I gave it the new SA Wild Flower as it should be able to pop up (grow) anywhere, and it could attack anyone. I gave it poison to give it a boost to damage with luck.

Most damage is 30 at range, which wont be too hard to initiate with a save of 16 for the defender, but an easier save 11 for last 20.

Most damage in melee is 40 with a rolling to attack that crits, and a failed save.

The above is only for living characters, Droids have no issue coming up to this plant and stepping on it. (only its melee attack poses any threat and not much of one when it comes down to it)

The potential for this piece is mostly to harass living enemy pieces in a certain area of the map. A group of these (2,3, maybe 4) would be rather effective in slowing living characters down as they move through that specific part of the map. Would be great for Gambit games as well as Scenarios. It would be a waste of points against squads heavy with droids (Seps obviously).
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:56:21 AM

I offer for your consideration one of, if not the most famous "shrub" in all the galaxy, the mighty...

Gnarltree
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 5:49:01 AM

See, everybody has actually made a tree or bush ... and I'm not into making scenary. I might as well make sentient doors, walls, consoles, etc the list is endless. While the Revwien is interesting in and of itself because its a walking plant, T'ra Saa is a Neti but in human form. I looked at my other Neti (and its been sitting in back awhile) I decided to use it instead. Apoligies to Poppins (I later saw he made one too) my entry this week is ...

Jedi Master Ood Bnar To get away from the more humanoid form, he's not necessarily the OR version, yet I sorta wanted it to Possibly be able to move. I kinda like Asleep and since he was a scholar of the Sith and was able to study Sith artifacts without being tempted to the Darkside, I created Scholar, mostly to stop Sith Sorcery, Magic and Spell because I hate having my enemy activte me without me getting any use out of it.

Yes, GG, I actually have a ridiculously sized backburner. I actually forget what's buried back there ....
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 6:12:06 AM

sweet! extra jedee.
its going to be tough between the revwien and ood bnar. BigGrin
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 8:57:29 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
See, everybody has actually made a tree or bush ...

I had difficulty figuring out what to do for this one, and was likely going to do a humanoid plant, then I saw that large ugly white mass that is the knobby, and viola!
jak
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 1:12:50 PM

did ya'll fergit GROOT?

opps sorry wrong universe
saber1
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 2:13:18 PM

jak wrote:
did ya'll fergit GROOT?

opps sorry wrong universe

Or Treebeard for that matter