RegisterDonateLogin

Now with 20% more midichlorians.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 82- The Old Republic Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 10:43:17 AM
Groups: Member

Star Wars - The Old Republic.

I was reading a recent thread where people were discussing how the Rebs & Imps were pretty much Tier 1, with everybody else Tier 2 (or worse,) but they mentioned a few factions were close, two of these being the Old Republic and the Sith. Now, you guys know me and I’ve gritted my teeth through the last few weeks where we had near Epic level pieces come out left and right …. UGH.

This Week - Create a non-unique Old Republic or Sith character with Only three SA’s, FP's & and/or CE’s or less (melee attack counts as one of the three,) costing 15 pts. or less. Lets see some creativity people.

Good luck and Via con La Force'

Roll credits, accusations and anything else that’s necessary.

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 9th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Dec 11th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 1:03:20 PM

Do force points count as one of the three?
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 1:29:09 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28491/sith-ritualist

The CE does not sit 100% well with me. not because of power sake, but because it is hard to have non-uniques influence the masters. thoughts appreciated on that end.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 1:40:36 PM

AlexTheGreat wrote:

No. A Force user would be expected to have them. Like a Melee fighter would be expected to have Melee Attack.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:34:27 PM

Thanks surf rider56
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:41:03 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

No. A Force user would be expected to have them. Like a Melee fighter would be expected to have Melee Attack.

But you stated Melee would count as one of the three?

"This Week - Create a non-unique Old Republic or Sith character with Only three SA’s, FP's & and/or CE’s or less (melee attack counts as one of the three,) costing 15 pts. or less. Lets see some creativity people."

Just wanted to ensure we were all on the same page! ThumpUp
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 3:10:20 PM

blemelisk wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

"This Week - Create a non-unique Old Republic or Sith character with Only three SA’s, FP's & and/or CE’s or less (melee attack counts as one of the three,) costing 15 pts. or less. Lets see some creativity people."

My bad; Trying to grade Writing Proficiency Essays on the Constitution is melting my brain. Melee counts. Stating Force X doesn't. RollEyes
>Jase<
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 3:13:00 PM

blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 4:02:24 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
blemelisk wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

My bad; Trying to grade Writing Proficiency Essays on the Constitution is melting my brain. Melee counts. Stating Force X doesn't. RollEyes

Cool Thanks! BlooMilk
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:15:11 PM

swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:40:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:39:03 AM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:25:32 AM

Well I was going to go with this
Cerean Senator

But seeing as there are a few diplomats already, perhaps I'll go with this
Old Republic Grenadier

Will remove the hyperlink of the one I'm not going with when I officially decide
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:30:57 AM

Diplomats .... I sense a pattern in the Force ........
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:35:38 AM

That's why I whipped up a secondary potential entry
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:37:34 AM

I hate Epic's ... almost as much as I hate making unique's. Sometimes it's unavoidable. But I created this contest just so I can go back to my non-unique, low cost roots.

Naddist Rebel

I made this guy up about 7 years ago. Wanted a cheap Sith, and a rioting Naddist seemed like a good idea for Sith fodder. When I looked at the V-Set Cultist from last year, I said my guy is probably the "regular Onderonian soldiers that comprised the bulk of the infantry" for the Naddists.

Dug Close Support Trooper

I made this guy 2 years ago; the "Cover Me" just reminded me about how house to house fighting might've been like. The Dug is the "Fire" in an infantry Fire Team.

My heart says go with the Naddist (Cheap Sith fodder!) but my head says go with the Duggie. ThumpUp

cheers,

surf

PS - No Diplomats were harmed in creating these cards. (Just addressing the trend ...)
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:37:43 PM

Great designs Surf! I think I prefer your Naddist though, it's very hard to make extremely low cost characters balanced. And yet you pulled it off here. Great job!
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:42:33 PM

Here is a trooper vet that has picked up some skills while trying to survive the Sith War (s):

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28505/trooper--veteran-of-the-sith-war-s-
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:11:14 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:11:02 PM

@surf. Just curious, how would cover me work with a piece that has single shot blaster?