RegisterDonateLogin

Created the rule of two "oo"s.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SPEAK OUT! Options
qvos
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:39:18 AM
Groups: Member

Ruhk wrote:
I'm Ruhk and I disapprove of this thread.

I like thatSmile ! I think there seems to be a lot of thin skinned people, but I also think that others must think too much of themselves so that they have to criticize others.

Gotta find the balance. you know that as a whole, SWMinis is not a popular game. It is to me though, but most people I meet have never heard of it. What I'm trying to say is that We should look at what we have in common, the love of SWMinis. There just seems to be so much negativity.

This is a great site. Shinja does a nice job with it. I'm sure there might be some things that he could do better. But it is a GREAT tool for minis. I just hope it doesn't end up like another popular site because of peolple leaving because they get their feelings hurt.

I could be off base though. There are probably hundreds of people on this site on everyone has their own personalities and opinions and I'm good with that.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:40:44 AM

Boris The Blade wrote:

you being a retired law enforcement officer has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.
you thinking something is "weird" is as viable as me thinking MDB was "weird"
Being that you are the one who had MDB suspended, i find it funny that you are telling people to support Shinjas decision. very funny actually.
Now, you have accused me of Being MDB, and you are not the first person to do ths in 2 days.
everyone down here in Nashville has been suspended atleast once (or in MDBs case, many times)
yes, I am his mouth piece.
Im sorry that you may have a problem with this, but being that this is America (and please, dont give me that "well this is a web site" rubbish, it is housed in the United states of america, and falls under the rights of the freedom of speech.), I am entitled to do so.
i personally do not care for DCI, id rather sit at my friends house and play them, then play for numbers.
But MDB wanted to do something for everyone else down here by introducing DCI to us, and for that, i am grateful.
So if you have a problem with me and hatchet, or any of the other members that have become close friends with MDB being his eyes and ears, then I will suggest you take it up with Shinja. and if you dont get a good enough explanation, take it up with our four fathers.
Its funny how everyone who "calls for calm" are the ones who had MDB outcasted.
its funny how everyone who says "its a dead issue, leave it alone" are the ones who outcasted MDB.
you frustrations with MDB do hold weight, and I am not here to defend his actions.
But do not make the mistake of accusing someone you dont know of being someone you have spoken to a few times.
and Zalkyrie, my friend was banned because he didnt want to conform to an Elitist mentality. I have a problem with this.
if you are done with this subject, then please stay done with it.
we arent trying to achieve a hostile takeover.
we are Speaking out, as the thread calls for.

I only have one father Cursing

If you are speaking of fore father as in terms of the framers ofthe constitution then four would be incorrect.

By the way I suggest you take a law class before you state how freedom of speech can be used in this country.

Freedom of speech is not what you think it is. Dont believe me? Run into a crowded theater and yell fire. Use Freedom of speech as your defense when they charge you with a crime. You will find it is just not so.

This is a website and it is owned privately. Freedom of speech does not really apply here because it is privately owned. I did not accuse you of being MDB. I said that it was a possiblity but turns out you were the other. You admit you are his mouth piece.

So now we know why you joined the site.

To say that I had MDB banned means I control Aaron. Once again you slap the owner of the site and the people he has chosen to run it in the face.

Aaron did what Aaron thought was right. I tried to talk Aaron into buying me a new car. As of yet it has not shown up. So really I dont have much influence over him and if I did I would go for something way better than getting MDB banned. I am going for the new car.

One other thing. This website you was housed in the US. Do you know that?

Where is the server??? Do you know??? For those very reasons The US Government has chosen to stay out of legislating heavily on the internet. You cannot apply US law to someone posting from Ireland. So really it does just fall to it is Aaron's site and he can do with it as he pleases.
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:45:19 AM

qvos wrote:

Gotta find the balance. you know that as a whole, SWMinis is not a popular game. It is to me though, but most people I meet have never heard of it. What I'm trying to say is that We should look at what we have in common, the love of SWMinis. There just seems to be so much negativity.

MDB had the same thoughts that you did, but expressed them differently.
that got him banned.
I wish he could have learned from better examples such as yourself.
qvos
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:52:26 AM

Boris The Blade wrote:
qvos wrote:

that got him banned.

No, I'm not the best example.In my younger years I had done things to piss off people, I would take offense very easily, and even be willing to throw down if someone crossed me or expressed a differing opinion.Now that I'm in my mid thirties, I've chilled out and realized that there is a reason why someone does or says certain things. I don't know their backround or upbringing. I would hope that they would look at things from my point of view, but I can't expect them too. Plus, Im not in the shape I once wasScared
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:54:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Please keep posts about topics and not about members.
Consider this the warning.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:57:16 AM

Boris The Blade wrote:
qvos wrote:

that got him banned.

Thoughts can be expressed, but not when someone repeatedly breaks the Code of Conduct rules to express them. That will get you banned from any website.
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:57:51 AM

dnemiller wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:

you being a retired law enforcement officer has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.
you thinking something is "weird" is as viable as me thinking MDB was "weird"
Being that you are the one who had MDB suspended, i find it funny that you are telling people to support Shinjas decision. very funny actually.
Now, you have accused me of Being MDB, and you are not the first person to do ths in 2 days.
everyone down here in Nashville has been suspended atleast once (or in MDBs case, many times)
yes, I am his mouth piece.
Im sorry that you may have a problem with this, but being that this is America (and please, dont give me that "well this is a web site" rubbish, it is housed in the United states of america, and falls under the rights of the freedom of speech.), I am entitled to do so.
i personally do not care for DCI, id rather sit at my friends house and play them, then play for numbers.
But MDB wanted to do something for everyone else down here by introducing DCI to us, and for that, i am grateful.
So if you have a problem with me and hatchet, or any of the other members that have become close friends with MDB being his eyes and ears, then I will suggest you take it up with Shinja. and if you dont get a good enough explanation, take it up with our four fathers.
Its funny how everyone who "calls for calm" are the ones who had MDB outcasted.
its funny how everyone who says "its a dead issue, leave it alone" are the ones who outcasted MDB.
you frustrations with MDB do hold weight, and I am not here to defend his actions.
But do not make the mistake of accusing someone you dont know of being someone you have spoken to a few times.
and Zalkyrie, my friend was banned because he didnt want to conform to an Elitist mentality. I have a problem with this.
if you are done with this subject, then please stay done with it.
we arent trying to achieve a hostile takeover.
we are Speaking out, as the thread calls for.

I only have one father Cursing

If you are speaking of fore father as in terms of the framers ofthe constitution then four would be incorrect.

By the way I suggest you take a law class before you state how freedom of speech can be used in this country.

Freedom of speech is not what you think it is. Dont believe me? Run into a crowded theater and yell fire. Use Freedom of speech as your defense when they charge you with a crime. You will find it is just not so.

This is a website and it is owned privately. Freedom of speech does not really apply here because it is privately owned. I did not accuse you of being MDB. I said that it was a possiblity but turns out you were the other. You admit you are his mouth piece.

So now we know why you joined the site.

To say that I had MDB banned means I control Aaron. Once again you slap the owner of the site and the people he has chosen to run it in the face.

Aaron did what Aaron thought was right. I tried to talk Aaron into buying me a new car. As of yet it has not shown up. So really I dont have much influence over him and if I did I would go for something way better than getting MDB banned. I am going for the new car.

One other thing. This website you was housed in the US. Do you know that?

Where is the server??? Do you know??? For those very reasons The US Government has chosen to stay out of legislating heavily on the internet. You cannot apply US law to someone posting from Ireland. So really it does just fall to it is Aaron's site and he can do with it as he pleases.

i dont have spell check on my phone, so i apologize for my grammar.
Im an american in America, which means that i Have the Right to "Speak My Mind' like the thread call for.
yes, there are certain instances where the freedom of speech will have someones foot crammed in there mouth, but your referance is in very bad taste.
No one is yelling Fire.
They are Speaking their mind.
you obviously have the right to express your feelings on the subject, and that is your god given right, and your right as an American Citizen.
I can and will apply US Law to anything that i Do in this country, because as of right now, this is where I am typing. I have no choice but to follow the rules and regulations handed out by My Government.
If you think that there is some secret loophole where you can carry yourself anyway you choose, with out the possibilty of consequence, then you are sadly mistaken.
Example.
if you Slander me on a Public Forum, I can sue the pants off of you.
and Vice Versa.
I suggest that you reread the the Constitution of the United states (even if it has been amended a million times) the Basics are still there.
it was freedom of Speech that Started this thread, and its Title is the perfect example to that.
Do Not Get me started on the Patriot Act either........because i can and will go on all day with that one. ( i can see it heading there at some point, And No, i do Not support it. I dont believe that we should live in the "Matrix".)
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 7:58:49 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:
qvos wrote:

that got him banned.

Thoughts can be expressed, but not when someone repeatedly breaks the Code of Conduct rules to express them. That will get you banned from any website.

No one is breaking rules, we are all merely having a heated debate.
No need for the refs to call the game yet.
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:00:44 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Please keep posts about topics and not about members.
Consider this the warning.

to whom is this warning directed, and why?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:04:05 AM

To all members posting in this thread. The why should be obvious... (refer to the CoC rules posted at the top of any section in the forums)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:04:20 AM

Quote:
Im an american in America, which means that i Have the Right to "Speak My Mind' like the thread call for.

Not really. Here (and at any other website) you are not an American in America, you are a user in the internet.

The internet is not a vast, ultimate democracy. It is a collection of dictatorships, each having their own sets of laws and regulations they expect their populace to follow.
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:05:18 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
To all members posting in this thread. The why should be obvious... (refer to the CoC rules posted at the top of any section in the forums)

So, if we were to turn it down a Notch, we can still have this discussion?
Im willing to do so if the other members are.
Seems like a fair enough deal.
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:06:32 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Quote:

Not really. Here (and at any other website) you are not an American in America, you are a user in the internet.

disagreeing with you right there.
sorry, but it had to be done.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:07:31 AM

Boris The Blade wrote:

i dont have spell check on my phone, so i apologize for my grammar.
yes, there are certain instances where the freedom of speech will have someones foot crammed in there mouth, but your referance is in very bad taste.
No one is yelling Fire.
They are Speaking their mind.
you obviously have the right to express your feelings on the subject, and that is your god given right, and your right as an American Citizen.
I can and will apply US Law to anything that i Do in this country, because as of right now, this is where I am typing. I have no choice but to follow the rules and regulations handed out by My Government.
If you think that there is some secret loophole where you can carry yourself anyway you choose, with out the possibilty of consequence, then you are sadly mistaken.
Example.
if you Slander me on a Public Forum, I can sue the pants off of you.
and Vice Versa.
I suggest that you reread the the Constitution of the United states (even if it has been amended a million times) the Basics are still there.
it was freedom of Speech that Started this thread, and its Title is the perfect example to that.
Do Not Get me started on the Patriot Act either........because i can and will go on all day with that one. ( i can see it heading there at some point, And No, i do Not support it. I dont believe that we should live in the "Matrix".)

Just to put some technicalities out there, you cannot slander someone over a public interent forum, you can only commit libel against them. At least in a legal, sueable sense. They can defame your character, but when that's in writing, it's libel.

Also, freedom of speech doesn't allow someone to violate other people's civil rights. That's why there is a list of profane words. Words that are generally found to be offensive and can not be used in public.

So, freedom of speech will allow you to say what you want as long as it is phrased appropriately and in a non-offensive manner. Keep that in mind before you post, "Is what I am writing be seen as offensive to anyone?" If everyone did that, it would be so much easier fro me. BigGrin
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:08:51 AM

I am a person before i am a poster on the internet.
If i wasnt, i wouldnt be able to post.
that is the American in me.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:10:32 AM

Boris The Blade wrote:

Um, everyone is a person, not just people in America.
Boris The Blade
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:19:53 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
Boris The Blade wrote:

Um, everyone is a person, not just people in America.

But because I post on a public Forum does not mean that my rights as an American are null and Void.
I dont know where this mentality of "we are Americans, italians, Germans, Aussies, Africans, Maltese etc; only when we want to be" came from, but its sad, and disheartening. the internet was a form of freedom of speech.
How else do you suppose we were able to post anything on the internet that we wanted?
NickName
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:21:49 AM

The first ammendment prevents the government from supressing your right to free speech in public, and even that has its limits where public safety is concerned. As a privately owned communication site, Shinja is not bound in any way to offer free speech here. If he wanted, he could outlaw the use of "red" and "green" here since it's "bloo" milk and the constitution has nothing to do with it because Shinja is not the government. (And the constitution has 27 ammendments, far short of a million. Razz )

None of us have any rights at all on this forum except what Shinja chooses to allow.
joelker41
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:22:28 AM

Ok
Boris The Blade wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:
Quote:

disagreeing with you right there.
sorry, but it had to be done.

Ok so quick review:

1) You claim you have freedom of speech. It explained to you that is doesn't work the way you think it does, you then disagree.

Freedom of speech means you can say what you want in your view and not have consequences.

Here's the scenario for you.

You are in a house with thousands of people, it is shinja's house. Shinja has a crew monitoring what happens in his house (making sure fights, property damage, etc don't occur). You are repeatedly harassing his guests and trying to get justice for your friend who was the only person so far to be kicked out of shinja's house.

His crew tells you to drop it, his guests tell you to drop it, and you can stay in the house. You are yelling, fighting, screaming at the top of your lungs disturbing shinja, his crew, and his guests.

Thing about this scenario you are on private property, with private rules, and public exposure. Your friend being here lowered the value of shinja's house, and your presence is doing the same.

Since it is shinja's private property, he has the right to dismiss anyone from his house, with no explanation needed. He gave an explanation to your friend. But you don't like it.

Continuing this is petty, and you should be ashamed for trying to start a fight and reuining the value of shinja's forum by continuing to pound home a point in which you are not only the minority on, but are also clearly in the wrong.

2) You create an account with the express purpose of starting fights and then defending a user who has been banned, currently the only one to my knowledge besides sithfly to have that happen (he volunteered it).

This is a site for minis players, squads, and having fun. You are here to fight, and that is it.

Millertime
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:29:49 AM

Boris The Blade wrote:

How else do you suppose we were able to post anything on the internet that we wanted?

but your not allowed to post anything on the internet you want, try putting up child pornography or a tape of someone being murdered