RegisterDonateLogin

Recommended by 2 out of 5 Tusken Raiders.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
Sashlon
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 10:35:34 AM
Groups: Member

Wysten wrote:
Wysten 142 vs Sashlon 47

I managed to draw the bulk of his forces away from the shooting support and pretty much hammer his main pieces relentlessly. I expected to win that fight, but again, lady luck managed to asstound me. The only two losses, gambit aside, coming from the Jedi Healer (which, being fair, he did manage to heal my battle master in the process and was really the juicy bait that would of made things much difficult for him had it been a drawn out fight.) and Enginner (Tried to use him to sheild my healer. It worked though, forced him to take a more techerous route.)

Though to be honest, there was one point where I really thought an ability would have spelt the end for me. Just his dodgy dice and my generally postive saves made his efforts really hurt him. Awesome sportsmanship I must say, I would really like to play him again sometime during less stressful cricumstances.

Confirmed.

Wysten outplayed me and out rolled me lol. I made a bad error with my main beat which was costly, and my dice were horrible.

Well played Wysten, and yeah, under better circumstances, some games would be awesome, I still had fun playing you even with all the stuff going on.

No more Landos please, 2 is enough.

BlooMilk
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:01:34 PM

Sashlon wrote:
Wysten wrote:
Wysten 142 vs Sashlon 47

I managed to draw the bulk of his forces away from the shooting support and pretty much hammer his main pieces relentlessly. I expected to win that fight, but again, lady luck managed to asstound me. The only two losses, gambit aside, coming from the Jedi Healer (which, being fair, he did manage to heal my battle master in the process and was really the juicy bait that would of made things much difficult for him had it been a drawn out fight.) and Enginner (Tried to use him to sheild my healer. It worked though, forced him to take a more techerous route.)

Though to be honest, there was one point where I really thought an ability would have spelt the end for me. Just his dodgy dice and my generally postive saves made his efforts really hurt him. Awesome sportsmanship I must say, I would really like to play him again sometime during less stressful cricumstances.

Confirmed.

Wysten outplayed me and out rolled me lol. I made a bad error with my main beat which was costly, and my dice were horrible.

Well played Wysten, and yeah, under better circumstances, some games would be awesome, I still had fun playing you even with all the stuff going on.

BlooMilk

ah, but that's not as bad as what my friend in this league pulled...and he pulled THREE of them...
Wysten
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 12:03:48 AM

Sashlon wrote:
Wysten wrote:
Wysten 142 vs Sashlon 47

Confirmed.

BlooMilk

Aye, if you had not spilt your main beater from the rest of your pack and moved a bit more conservativily, chances are you would have hurt me much more. That would have cripped Grand Master Yodas effectiveness and probably would have resulted in at least 1 more turn of utter maddness which probably would have meant a world of difference.

But yeah, I would look forwards to another game, just right now, I am getting work back and so constantly. Hehehe

Depends which Landos though, I assume none of them are Dashing Scoundals, right?
Sashlon
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:31:10 AM

Wysten wrote:
Sashlon wrote:
Wysten wrote:
Wysten 142 vs Sashlon 47

Confirmed.

BlooMilk

Aye, if you had not spilt your main beater from the rest of your pack and moved a bit more conservativily, chances are you would have hurt me much more. That would have cripped Grand Master Yodas effectiveness and probably would have resulted in at least 1 more turn of utter maddness which probably would have meant a world of difference.

But yeah, I would look forwards to another game, just right now, I am getting work back and so constantly. Hehehe

Depends which Landos though, I assume none of them are Dashing Scoundals, right?

Oh no, I have 2 of the Lando you saw :( I'd kill for dashing scoundrels lol
Ukezwoll
Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:41:08 PM

Week 9

Ukezwoll vs skeeve3000

Winner: Ukezwoll, 147 - 37

Map: Throne Room

I chose the left side and placed the bulk of my forces in the chamber to the upper left. Meanwhile my opponent took the upper right approach. I got first round gambit and the pressure was now on skeeve3000 to move. Second round I'm able to eliminate some scrubs and somewhat catch up on activations. Also one medium enemy shooter is taken down at the end of the round. While a fairly closed map I can with the bulk of my firepower placed top centre cover both the top and centre approach. Meaning it will be difficult for my opponent to advance unharmed. In round 3 and 4 my opponent press on towards the gambit zone with his medium beats to attack my main shooter. They eliminate a few minor pieces and a Mercenary on the way to attack their primary target who has his Hit Points cut in half. These attackers can not withstand the massive return fire though and they are eliminated one by one as they engage. With his attack strength largely depleted my opponent then concedes the game.
Wysten
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 6:15:22 AM

Ow, thats bad man. >_<; Ohh well.

Hehehe, cool match. ^^
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 9:57:03 AM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
Well, this discussion settles it. I'm out.

I've been having trouble on both ends trying to get games in anyway. I've just lost interest in trying to wedge games in each week when it seems that others have lost interest in the league.

In my personal opinion, people totally throwing games is weak and just extremely bad sportsmanship. I would have probably felt less strongly about it if he had at least tried to take down one puny piece of his opponent's, but he didn't. Lame, lame, lame, and a complete waste of your opponent's time.

At least when Don lost his game to me, he brought a second rate squad and TRIED to win, but figured he had little chance of achieving that against me. Once again Ukezwoll, your "brilliant" tactics come under fire by me. As I have never met you, I don't want you to think it's personal, as it's not. I would not tolerate this from any style of player(game or sport). If we ever do meet, I will grant you the same courtesies and expectations I do of any other player

does this mean i get a default win? or do i play someone else?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2010 5:02:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I am two weeks behind and can't seem to schedule a decent time with my week 8 opponent (ArtemisCFrog). We will probably have to draw or take a double loss?
My week 9 opponent has been in contact but we can't play until I get my week 8 booster.
FYI...
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:38:52 AM

i await my 2 bad boosters. and Demo's i have a wishlist for you so i can get some good stuff here it is.

Mara jedi
Any Aurra Sing
BDO
Any yoda or obi
any luke.

basicly i dont want anymore bail organa's aerial clone troopers or captain antilles lol. I look forward to getting to the end of the league and hopefully makeing the playoffs, great league so far demos.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:53:09 AM

I apologize for stuff taking so long to come out. I've been dealing with some health issues, and my anxiety is not helping the situation any. I'm hoping to get stuff out to you guys tomorrow.
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:59:27 AM

oh no worries man i look forward to it get well
Wysten
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 8:17:13 AM

Likewise, I only finished my match this week, so I don't mind too much.

I think the League has been generally a success so far. ^^
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:06:30 AM

Weeks wrote:
i await my 2 bad boosters. and Demo's i have a wishlist for you so i can get some good stuff here it is.

Mara jedi
Any Aurra Sing
BDO
Any yoda or obi
any luke.

basicly i dont want anymore bail organa's aerial clone troopers or captain antilles lol. I look forward to getting to the end of the league and hopefully makeing the playoffs, great league so far demos.

Ha, you wish.Wink Can any booster with those pieces be considered bad?Glare
TheStarkiller
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 4:08:16 AM

Weeks wrote:

Mara jedi
Any Aurra Sing
BDO
Any yoda or obi
any luke.

Man, Aerial Clone Trooper would be sweet...
Wysten
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 10:05:29 PM

empirejeff wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Mara jedi
Any Aurra Sing
BDO
Any yoda or obi
any luke.

Quite possibly, since everything else in there could be bad. XD
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:37:02 AM

Man what is going on with this league?
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 9:07:19 AM

Ok so I went back through the last few weeks and determined these are the matches that people need boosters for. If there are additional matches, just let me know and I'll get you your boosters. Schedule will be up shortly.

empirejeff (W) vs. R5Don4 (L)
Rynhime (W) vs. Curler88j (L)
Weeks (W) vs. cicrush13 (L)
Weeks (W) vs. Ukezwoll (L)
Wysten (W) vs. Sashlon (L)
Ukezwoll (W) vs. Skeeve3000 (L)
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:58:00 PM

looks correct to me
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:39:25 AM

Boosters on their way!
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:22:22 PM

Wysten wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Mara jedi
Any Aurra Sing
BDO
Any yoda or obi
any luke.

Quite possibly, since everything else in there could be bad. XD

I dissagree.