RegisterDonateLogin

As wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
R5Don4
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:22:06 AM
Groups: Member

C1 D1 shoot me a pm to set up our final matches. I am available at 9:00 pm EST weeknights.
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 12:08:24 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
At this time, I would like to request a win by default against lilninja93 due to lack of communication and not showing up to scheduled matches.

I initially contacted him on the 3rd, after reading that he was caught up in his matches, but did not receive a response. I sent out another message on the 7th and finally got a response on the 9th. We scheduled our match on the 12th at 10:30PM CST. He did not show up. After waiting over an hour, I gave up and sent another message trying to get the match rescheduled. I did not receive a reply until the 19th, a mere 6 hours short of a full week without communication. We rescheduled again for tonight at 10:30PM CST and I waited again for a full hour without seeing my opponent.

At this point I am sick of waiting and would just like to move on.

ninja is on a trip right now...he'll be bck the saturday after this one.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 1:55:14 PM

creme_brule wrote:

ninja is on a trip right now...he'll be bck the saturday after this one.

Meaning he won't be back until after the league is done. Glare

And I, of course, have heard nothing from him since the 21st.

What irks me the most about this whole thing is the utter lack of communication. Is it really that hard to take the 2-3 minutes to shoot me a BM or make a post on the forum saying "I can't play our match."?
Wysten
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:28:25 PM

Aye, I don't have any reply from matches either. Though it could be a problem on their end.

That being said, I was hoping to spread it over time, rather then cramming it all.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:50:30 PM

I'll be available this weekend, Wysten.
Wysten
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:56:04 PM

Ahhhh, alright. ^^ I should be too, theres a tourment on Saturday means I will be home late, but that being said, I should be there amercian time anyways.
Weeks
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:16:47 AM

Are we sending out boosters for completed games for this week? I will have all my games done this week hopefully and id like my boosters as i go if i can.
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:24:05 AM

Weeks wrote:
Are we sending out boosters for completed games for this week? I will have all my games done this week hopefully and id like my boosters as i go if i can.

No boosters for you!Flapper
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:34:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

To my remaining opponents:
ArtemisCFrog - get on when you can dude.
Emissary - we're set for tomorrow 06-30 at 9pm EST/6pm PST
EmporerDragon - PM sent; please respond
Spryguy1981 - PM sent; please respond
Sithlord54 - PM sent; please respond

I am stuck on week 8 for boosters, pending the outcome of my game with ArtFrog, but I will play anyone with my Week 8 squad. I'd rather just finish off the league without slowing anyone else down. Consider it my challenge to win with what I have now... BlooMilk
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:59:27 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Though if you go into a game with the plan to lose, why not just forfeit and not waste the other player's time?

I wanted to go back to this since this seems to be a reoccuring issue.

ED: when I plan to lose a game, it isn't how Uz threw his game. To me (no offence Uz), that is a waste of the other person's time. I want to make it fun for them and still a challenge. However, if you look back to the games that I planned on losing, it was due to a lack of a decent choice of characters to build an efficient squad. What's funny is the couple times that I "planned on losing" I almost pulled out a victory. Well...except when I brought 26def Stormtroopers against a squad that had a Shieldbearer. Technically I did 80% of the damage that game...just happened to be all on me! (if he didn't have the SB, then I think I would have won that game easily)

Face it. When you are given boosters that have no synergy what-so-ever and you go up against squads that have GenSky with Kir and Yoda Spirit...you really tend to need the newer boosters. And the only way to get them in this league is to lose a game. I think we all can do that math.

Note: I must also point out, as before, that the games where I took a 2nd rate team were some of the funnest games I've ever played. Mostly due to my thinking that I can take more opportunities without worrying about it. I actually won one of the games (where I took no uniques) by time, but played it out and lost in the next round. BlooMilk
Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:21:50 AM

curler88j has forfitted to me, his interest in the league is just not there and he does not feel he has the time to continue the match. Fair enough really.

I think any game that gives good boosters on a loss will have this happen. Though he's trading a good record for boosters, which is fair enough. He's reducing his chances for the playoffs for more power in the long term and since the rules does not have anything against that, he can do that.

As for fun factor, I found it very fun so far, though I must note that my dice is somewhat blessed, meaning I am beating squads that I normally should not be that hot against. For example, the Jedi Exile, Vader, Scorge of the Jedi was a nightmare for my team, while he had a shooter collecting gambit. Yet thanks to a healer, some near misses on my commander. I was able to take both down. Quite an accoplishment considering my squad.

That Han Solo orignal is quite the Dark Horse in my squad though, that extra forcepoint really helped. He took out a gungan sheild bearer in that same match first attack, which made my life later on much easier. (He still almost won though, which says a lot about my squad! XD)
Ukezwoll
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:04:55 AM

Wysten wrote:
You need to use stormtroopers man, their accuracy and Heroisum is unmatched. Easpically when I used them. : P

Yes. Unfortunately I went with clones instead and clearly they lacked that steely Imperial edge.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:13:08 AM

Ukezwoll wrote:
Wysten wrote:
You need to use stormtroopers man, their accuracy and Heroisum is unmatched. Easpically when I used them. : P

Yes. Unfortunately I went with clones instead and clearly they lacked that steely Imperial edge.

hmmm...*takes out clone seargant and replaces it with 2 atormiea*...there we go!Woot
TheStarkiller
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:22:50 PM

Hey everybody.

So, since Skeeve forfeited his game with me and Boba Fett never responded to the BM that i sent him, I am officially out of opponents.
I will definitely still be frequenting the boards and checking Bloomilk messages, but not every day like I have been.

@ Demos: When are we starting the finals? Also, if there is anything you need me to do to help the end of the league I can do it. (I am a teacher, and have quite a bit of time on my hands)
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:51:07 PM

Ok I am starting to get really really really frustrated with the lack of follow through. I have been told enough times that I would have my boosters, and here we are, another freakin' week nearly gone and still NOTHING. It's really starting to tick me off. I am sorry to come off sounding like a dick but I am extremely tired of asking for boosters and stuff, being told they are coming, and NOT getting them. I am generally a pretty easy going person and typically do not get vocal in my posts, but PLEASE get me my boosters.

Spry
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:34:04 PM

I think it's safe to say that the league is dead at this point. I'd put the cause of death as communication failure coupled with an overly long hiatus.

I'd say in the next incarnation of the league, there need to be measures to get games resolved quickly, even if the match is decided by the organizer. And if the organizer is having problems where they can't be online, they need to get a substitute set up as quickly as possible.
empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:47:46 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I think it's safe to say that the league is dead at this point. I'd put the cause of death as communication failure coupled with an overly long hiatus.

I'd say in the next incarnation of the league, there need to be measures to get games resolved quickly, even if the match is decided by the organizer. And if the organizer is having problems where they can't be online, they need to get a substitute set up as quickly as possible.

That seemed to be a problem with quite a few vassal leagues. The organizers don't seem to ask for enough help when updates take too long.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 3:51:29 PM

Ok im out, this is stupid that this stuff takes so long. If you really wanted help in the league demos i have offered and so have others. Im done trying to get my games in and getting nothing back from it.

David.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2010 3:22:47 AM

Well...I guess I can focus on other things now...
(maybe finally getting my league idea going...)
Demosthenes
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2010 6:37:34 AM

I'm sorry things haven't gone as I had planned, but I feel really hurt that everyone's angry at me with all the crap I've been going through. I've got a full-time job, and have had pretty serious health issues the last few weeks. I am *not* in control of whether people show up for their matches or not, so go ahead and blame someone else for that, I'm not going to take it on myself. I BMed EVERYONE with their matches EACH week, what more do you expect me to do?

And why in the world is everyone so caught up with getting their boosters immediately? You've got nine billion pieces already at your disposal, what's 7 more going to do for you. If it's so important, fine, I'll spend the next hour getting out all those boosters instead of going to my doctor's appointment. Happy?