RegisterDonateLogin

You must drink what you think is right, of course.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Comm. Thread (5/24: Important Question for EVERYONE!) Options
Weeks
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 11:59:11 AM
Groups: Member

cicrush13 wrote:
cicrush13 vs Weeks

Weeks crushed me 116-10

Part of that was Ferus DT failed and he killed him so he got the pts and I forgot to put a figure into play (stupid me)...lost everything way too fast and couldn't seem to find a hit no matter where I went on the map.

Confirmed, ive done that trick every game so far.
empirejeff
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 12:34:12 PM

How long untill we get the final part of the sechedule. I keep seeing 2 out of 3 of them online.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 12:41:55 PM

The next week will be up soon. I apologize for taking so long, but I've come down with something today and am not feeling very well at all.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 2:39:50 PM

My week 9 opponent did not communicate with me whatsoever (My message still sits in his inbox, unread).
However, I will not let this delay my future games and will simply play my week 10 match without my week 9 booster.
empirejeff
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 4:56:14 PM

Weeks wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:
cicrush13 vs Weeks

Weeks crushed me 116-10

Part of that was Ferus DT failed and he killed him so he got the pts and I forgot to put a figure into play (stupid me)...lost everything way too fast and couldn't seem to find a hit no matter where I went on the map.

Confirmed, ive done that trick every game so far.

Blink What trick?Blink
Ukezwoll
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:51:54 AM

Week 8

Weeks vs Ukezwoll

Winner: Weeks, 200-0 in round 3

Map: Nightclub

I placed my 25 activations strong squad on the stage of the nightclub to the right, in the so called "Epic Battle Formation", with all the weaker pieces packed tightly around their big hero Agen Kolar. Weeks began top left. I win init and activate first. Agen Kolar immediately makes an unfortunate mistake when he unleashes a Force Burst. Sadly, only a few of his toughest followers survives. Weeks meanwhile advances downwards to be able to shoot trough the front door of the nightclub. Second round I'm given the initiative. It does not help though. Apparently being placed centre stage in this manner cause Agen Kolar to be a bit starstruck, by his own presence one would think. Dazed by the moment there is yet another terrible miscalculation by Agen Kolar who with a second Force Burst manages to eliminate the rest of his followers. 168 - 0 for Weeks already and now the situation looks dire indeed for the good Jedi Master. To make matters worse, massed fire from Weeks' forces means Agen is left with only 40 HP. Third round Agen Kolar attempts a mighty rush towards the enemy but sadly can not reach them before they ventilate him completely. A solid victory for Weeks' forces, they completely dominated this game.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:56:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Interesting way to get a decent booster. BlooMilk
Ukezwoll
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 10:20:43 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:

Yeah. I'm happy with the result. I guess Weeks can live with the result as well. On the losing end of this deal though I guess would be Greentime, Empirejeff and Emissary who are currently competing with Weeks for a place in the playoffs. Presumably a loss for Weeks in this game would have been the better result for them. Which might raise the question whether this would really be how the games of this league should be played. Not to suggest it would necessarily have to be wrong, just to say it's not the only option.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:29:19 AM

Ukezwoll wrote:
Week 8

Weeks vs Ukezwoll

Winner: Weeks, 200-0 in round 3

Map: Nightclub

I placed my 25 activations strong squad on the stage of the nightclub to the right, in the so called "Epic Battle Formation", with all the weaker pieces packed tightly around their big hero Agen Kolar. Weeks began top left. I win init and activate first. Agen Kolar immediately makes an unfortunate mistake when he unleashes a Force Burst. Sadly, only a few of his toughest followers survives. Weeks meanwhile advances downwards to be able to shoot trough the front door of the nightclub. Second round I'm given the initiative. It does not help though. Apparently being placed centre stage in this manner cause Agen Kolar to be a bit starstruck, by his own presence one would think. Dazed by the moment there is yet another terrible miscalculation by Agen Kolar who with a second Force Burst manages to eliminate the rest of his followers. 168 - 0 for Weeks already and now the situation looks dire indeed for the good Jedi Master. To make matters worse, massed fire from Weeks' forces means Agen is left with only 40 HP. Third round Agen Kolar attempts a mighty rush towards the enemy but sadly can not reach them before they ventilate him completely. A solid victory for Weeks' forces, they completely dominated this game.

i dont know if i should laugh, or... ;)
R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 12:27:43 PM

Ukez when you play to win you, you know how to win; but when you play to lose watch out! See you in the playoffs.
greentime
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 12:40:03 PM

Ukezwoll wrote:
On the losing end of this deal though I guess would be Greentime, Empirejeff and Emissary who are currently competing with Weeks for a place in the playoffs. Presumably a loss for Weeks in this game would have been the better result for them. Which might raise the question whether this would really be how the games of this league should be played.

Yeah, the standings and good booster/bad booster system are definitely conspiring to provide major incentives to throw games. In a couple of divisions the leader can practically lose every game on purpose just to load up for the playoffs. Hey, bring it on.
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 12:46:32 PM

Ukezwoll wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

Yeah. I'm happy with the result. I guess Weeks can live with the result as well. On the losing end of this deal though I guess would be Greentime, Empirejeff and Emissary who are currently competing with Weeks for a place in the playoffs. Presumably a loss for Weeks in this game would have been the better result for them. Which might raise the question whether this would really be how the games of this league should be played. Not to suggest it would necessarily have to be wrong, just to say it's not the only option.

You just gave up your perfect season Confused . I hope you get the worst booster ever.Love And Emissary has no chance of getting 3rd place in the devision. So Greentime and empirejeff are unhappy with this turn of events.Bored
I really need to sweep the devision.Scared

Well I play to win ever game. The old sets have a lot of good pieces and I am happy to take the higher seed. I assume the higher seed gets home field advantage, which matter to me.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2:16:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

If you're not having fun playing in the league, then what is the point?

I find leagues like this an opportunity to play characters I wouldn't normally play in a competitive game. The games I went in planning to lose to get a better booster were some of the funnest games I've played in years. Of course, planning on losing a game changes your mindset towards it and affects your decisions as well. Which, turns out to be really fun too!
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:40:26 PM

You have the right to do what ever you want. If you feel you have earned the right to lose a match, then so be it. Personally i just think it is the wrong decision. Obviously don and ukz. dissagree. Which is the beauty of this type of league. One thing that you can do is add more seeds creating first round byes, that might encourge people to not do this.Glare
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 5:32:26 PM

Though if you go into a game with the plan to lose, why not just forfeit and not waste the other player's time?
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:20:31 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Though if you go into a game with the plan to lose, why not just forfeit and not waste the other player's time?

Laugh

Don I think still put effort into his games, just used weaker squads and hopeing to loose. Ukz however, well hmmmm Sleep LOL Bored Mellow Meh hmmmmmmm Glare went Bomb all over his poor followers.Scared Blink .
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 8:22:28 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
If you're not having fun playing in the league, then what is the point?

I find leagues like this an opportunity to play characters I wouldn't normally play in a competitive game. The games I went in planning to lose to get a better booster were some of the funnest games I've played in years. Of course, planning on losing a game changes your mindset towards it and affects your decisions as well. Which, turns out to be really fun too!

Well it was fun defeatting Don, he played the game trough so not sure if he was trying to loose or notConfused .
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:06:19 AM

Well, this discussion settles it. I'm out.

I've been having trouble on both ends trying to get games in anyway. I've just lost interest in trying to wedge games in each week when it seems that others have lost interest in the league.

In my personal opinion, people totally throwing games is weak and just extremely bad sportsmanship. I would have probably felt less strongly about it if he had at least tried to take down one puny piece of his opponent's, but he didn't. Lame, lame, lame, and a complete waste of your opponent's time.

At least when Don lost his game to me, he brought a second rate squad and TRIED to win, but figured he had little chance of achieving that against me. Once again Ukezwoll, your "brilliant" tactics come under fire by me. As I have never met you, I don't want you to think it's personal, as it's not. I would not tolerate this from any style of player(game or sport). If we ever do meet, I will grant you the same courtesies and expectations I do of any other player
empirejeff
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:13:13 AM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
Well, this discussion settles it. I'm out.

I've been having trouble on both ends trying to get games in anyway. I've just lost interest in trying to wedge games in each week when it seems that others have lost interest in the league.

In my personal opinion, people totally throwing games is weak and just extremely bad sportsmanship. I would have probably felt less strongly about it if he had at least tried to take down one puny piece of his opponent's, but he didn't. Lame, lame, lame, and a complete waste of your opponent's time.

At least when Don lost his game to me, he brought a second rate squad and TRIED to win, but figured he had little chance of achieving that against me. Once again Ukezwoll, your "brilliant" tactics come under fire by me. As I have never met you, I don't want you to think it's personal, as it's not. I would not tolerate this from any style of player(game or sport). If we ever do meet, I will grant you the same courtesies and expectations I do of any other player

Glad you enjoyed the league.
Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 10:24:34 AM

Wysten 142 vs Sashlon 47

I managed to draw the bulk of his forces away from the shooting support and pretty much hammer his main pieces relentlessly. I expected to win that fight, but again, lady luck managed to asstound me. The only two losses, gambit aside, coming from the Jedi Healer (which, being fair, he did manage to heal my battle master in the process and was really the juicy bait that would of made things much difficult for him had it been a drawn out fight.) and Enginner (Tried to use him to sheild my healer. It worked though, forced him to take a more techerous route.)

Though to be honest, there was one point where I really thought an ability would have spelt the end for me. Just his dodgy dice and my generally postive saves made his efforts really hurt him. Awesome sportsmanship I must say, I would really like to play him again sometime during less stressful cricumstances.