RegisterDonateLogin

Controls your actions - partially - but it also obeys your commands.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

~Calendar~ Bellevue WA April Events Options
joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:13:35 AM
Groups: Member

Omnus wrote:
That's correct. Also keep in mind that all players would have their squad ready before they find out who they get as their ally.

How do we plan on regulating that particular item?

Also I assume that Relay Orders on the Mice would work for allied CEs as well as Mas?
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:28:56 AM

It'd be kinda hard to stop people fomr changin their squad, I'd say the best way is to give time to finish squads and have everyone sit down with their squads and everythign else besides maps and dice away or off to the side so they can't change the squad.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:21:09 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

It's only 100 points, 4-7 characters? Couldn't we just jot down our squad on a sheet of paper when we pay our money and register?
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:26:29 PM

Sounds like a plan even better yet if you have your squad picked otu before hand jsut type it up or write it down ahead of time and just hand it to the judge after you pay.

In actuality i really doubt that anyone would meta game late that at our venu so its probably nothiing to worry about...
except joel of course >.>
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:51:33 AM

Nightwalker wrote:
Sounds like a plan even better yet if you have your squad picked otu before hand jsut type it up or write it down ahead of time and just hand it to the judge after you pay.

In actuality i really doubt that anyone would meta game late that at our venu so its probably nothiing to worry about...
except joel of course >.>

When have I ever metagamed? I almost never play tier 1 and switching from an OR squad to maul Champion of the Sith 15 min before the start of a tourney when I had both squads ready is hardly netdecking/metagaming.

You are probably the only person I know that would call playing Maul metagaming....
jporeb
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:34:45 AM

For Battle of the Beatsicks round 2, is this for 150 pnts or 200?
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:06:47 AM

Joel you sound upset?

Oh and Jon i believe its 150 Pt. If i am wrong omnus will correct me. Its just like the last one.
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:14:18 AM

Nightwalker wrote:
Joel you sound upset?

Oh and Jon i believe its 150 Pt. If i am wrong omnus will correct me. Its just like the last one.

I am not upset I am just wondering why a dumb comment like that is necessary when I clearly am one of the most honest players I know and you WON the tourney I supposedly netdecked.

Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:46:18 AM

lol it was joke goof ball, dont make this thread another one where ur gonna bicker back and forth with me so lets just end it there.
jporeb
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:15:05 AM

I thought the last Beast stick was 200 ?!

Nightwalker and Joelker, cant we all just get along?
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:33:18 AM

I know this is something a lot of people might not like. But I was wondering if you guys would plan a 300 point tourney? Do something like 3 rounds each an hour and a quarter, thus meaning in total it would be around 4 hours to 4 hours and 15 minutes. Its just something I always wanted to do on a larger scale than my brother and I.

-RevRevGar
jporeb
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:38:13 AM

I like that idea,

What about a 50 pointer?
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:47:22 AM

Can't fit Revan in a 50 point game, so that is a no go :]

That would actually be interesting... you could do like 3 way teams with 50 points... One person with door control, one person with tempo control and one person with the beat stick. You act as a single team, one entity. It would not be enjoyable though if you got paired with 2 other door control people when you are one yourself. Door locking pros. :]

-RevRevGar
vanlanning
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:17:06 AM

HAHAHA, that would be funny. but the beatsticks woudn't bee extremely beaty,as no characters above tyrannus, legacy, but then again, that isn't saying much.
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:12:02 PM

Beatstick battle is 150
amsnow
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:42:40 AM

could somebody please do a report on the team battle? i want to know how that went
danielmcdougall
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:00:46 AM

it went great. I got paired with Clayton. Together we had 16 activations. That was a theme throughout the event, everyone had a lot of activations for 100 point squads. We were not aggressive enough as we lost 2 of our games by one gambit or less! We won our first roung against Blake and Rob by less than one gambit as well.
Graph was paired up with a young guy who's name I don't know and together they won. Paul (the young guy's dad) and a new guy named Tim got second place.
It was fun and I would definately do it again.
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:05:23 AM

Yeah... I was working... Sorry!

What squads did people run?

-RevRevGar
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:06:57 AM

vanlanning wrote:
HAHAHA, that would be funny. but the beatsticks woudn't bee extremely beaty,as no characters above tyrannus, legacy, but then again, that isn't saying much.

There are some decent beat sticks that are fifty points, or 49/48. I could see it working.

-RevRevGar
danielmcdougall
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:10:41 AM

I ran Luke Hpu w/ Han Smuggler Jareal and Reiken, I was teamed with two mando scouts, a captain and a quartermaster.
Blake had Cade a twilek vigo mouse droid and reiken, rob had reiken, han smug, bothan noble and commando luke.
Graph had a new thrawn arica squad and i can't remember what he was teamed with.
Paul had boba merc two scouts and uggies teamed with Tim who had Gowk and Anistap.
Darrell had r2 astro roron corob and rex teamed with John who had Luke HoY (major props to him for using my favorite mini) han smug dodonna and reiken. I canot remember what Connor and his partner had.