RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you stronger, gives you focus...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NZ Vassal Tournament Options
Mando
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 6:08:26 AM
Groups: Member

theultrastar wrote:
Can we DQ both of them for this outrage?

IT'S MAP LIST C!!!!!!!!!

While map choice does affect the game outcome, i don't think this is a disqualifying offense. If there is going to be a penalty, I say that the match should be redone with the same squads on a map from map list C. While not a perfect situation (since both Tim and Trevor know about each others squads and the capabilities of each) at least the map could give a different outcome or at least give Tim 100pts or more in order to get at least 1pt for the match. The decision is up to Dr Daman who is running this event. I think suggesting some people get disqualified is a bit harsh. Seems like an honest mistake, even though it was very clear in the tournament rules that we are using map list C in this tournament.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 6:43:27 AM

I think Bronson was joking about the DQ.

Sorry about the mix-up.

And to be clear, I lost map but won the game. Sharron, perhaps you meant Trevor could score 100pts?
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 6:46:34 AM

Btw, if we are doing the 3-2-1 scoring system, I never got my 1 point from my round 2 loss where I scored over 100.

Though it doesn't appear we are scoring 1s

Mando
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 10:07:35 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Sorry about the mix-up.

And to be clear, I lost map but won the game. Sharron, perhaps you meant Trevor could score 100pts?

sorry, i meant if Trevor could have gotten the 100pts in the game he'd have gotten 1pt for the loss.

I think Sharron is one of the New Zealand folks. My name is Trevor Christensen in real life. I also go by obikenobi1 on swmgamers.com.

-Mando (aka obikenobi1 on swmgamers or Trevor Christensen in real life)
Jonnyb815
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 12:22:51 PM

WHY IS THIS THREAD IN GENERAL? THERE IS A SECTION FOR VASSAL
Darth O
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 1:08:50 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
WHY IS THIS THREAD IN GENERAL? THERE IS A SECTION FOR VASSAL

It's one of the biggest things happening in minis at the moment, so it deserves its place.
fingersandteeth
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 1:42:57 PM

Jonny must be feeling lonely
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 3:07:32 PM

It's probably because I'm involved in it.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 3:20:17 PM

This morning's tirades mainly focused on some CRUCIAL ISSUES around post classification.
sharron
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 3:59:09 PM

TheHutts wrote:
This morning's tirades mainly focused on some CRUCIAL ISSUES around post classification.

Likes this
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 8:38:53 PM

Mando wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Sorry about the mix-up.

sorry, i meant if Trevor could have gotten the 100pts in the game he'd have gotten 1pt for the loss.

I think Sharron is one of the New Zealand folks. My name is Trevor Christensen in real life. I also go by obikenobi1 on swmgamers.com.

-Mando (aka obikenobi1 on swmgamers or Trevor Christensen in real life)

Sorry Trevor, I was going by memory who made that comment. That's one annoying thing about blue milk - once you start a post, even though it has previous posts visible, it doesn't show WHO posted each one.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 8:39:55 PM

BTW -

ARE we using the 3-2-1 system?

If so - there's a bunch of scores that may need adjusted
Dr Daman
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 9:48:06 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
BTW -

ARE we using the 3-2-1 system?

If so - there's a bunch of scores that may need adjusted

ill have a look over the scores tonight. If I've missed something, then im very sorry. I don't think it will change the seeding's too much though (at least i hope not)
DieAndBeMetal
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:34:42 PM

Contact me on here DarthRattlehead please :)
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:22:22 PM

Just got my game in with Kezza, he was running....

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/136110/talond

I ran...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/139877/sweeping-victory

I won map. My map was Bothan Spynet. Kezza defered side, I picked right and set up. With Lobot reserves I brought in a Munn, and 4 mice. Kezza decided not to jack my reserves and brought in a Buzz and an Uggie. He took Poggle with Con Artist, and gave the save 16 to Jarael, and gave Self Destruct to the Ugg, and to Marn.

1st round I blow up Poggle, and give Kezza 12 VP's. He asked me about this after I did the move, I told him that since he was running Disruptive, I didn't see the point in the bombs past giving me high acts. I certainly didn't want to even give him the chance to bring Jarael back after killing her, and I didn't need Marn and the Ugg roaming around causing my Bike gallop problems.

1st round was about positioning, as was the 2nd for the most part. At the end of the 2nd Kezza ran Embo and Jarael into a turbo lift. I quickly scanned his squad and saw that he had no door control, so I went after him David Weeks style, ran my R7 up and locked him in the turbolift with the idea of keeping them in there until they were activated and then shooting them. Kez had a couple of ugg's out that could blow the door but I had a BX to deal with them so I felt confident. We do init, Kez intuitions an Ugg around the corner to keep his little dude safe, and at the same time in range to blow the door to free Jarael and Embo. I act my Munn and let him go. Kez comes at me with Embo, and hits one misses one, and so my BX lives. I decide to get as much use out of my Sniper as possible before he dies and I double Embo, combining fire on each shot. I do 100, dmg redux drops the dmg taken down to 80. Embo lives.

Jarael comes out eventually and attacks, I'm wanting to say she kills my BX and a mouser. I run Grevious out and gallop, killing Embo, and smashing Jarael. Dash hops out and shoots, hits 2 shots, one is a normal hit, one is a crit. My energy shields send the crit back to Dash and he is down to 30. TBSV hops out and shoots and he takes 20dmg for his efforts thanks to Energy Sheilds.

Next round, I take my BX sniper out and decide to get as much Victory Points as possible, Kez ran Marn and something else up and based my BX, so I combined fire killed Marn, combined on the Double and went for Jarael, Jarael makes her save. Takes no dmg. Kez moves Jarael, acts Grievous and takes down my other sniper. Then runs Pondo out and attaches to Jarael. Kez shoots some more, Energy shields kills the TBSV.

At some point, I attack with my spotter, combine with my spotter and shoot Pondo. I'm not sure when this happens. It could have been in this next round, but it was key, because it set me up for a great gallop, in which Grievous was able to kill Dash, Pondo, a mouse and an ugg I believe it was. I should have got Jarael but rolled a one, so I ran 16, and seeing as how I had dropped all of Kez's shooters except for Talon and since it was the last round, I leaped off the Vehicle and put Grevious Hero of Hypori in. Kez could have got both of my Spotters with Jarael, but to no avail.

I forget the point total. I didn't get 200. I'm wanting to say 130'ish, Kez was at 54 heading into the last round, could have killed both of my Spotters but wouldn't have broke 100. So I got a 2pt win.

Awesome game, had a lot of fun, thanks Kez for the classy game. Looking forward to the next round!

Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:10:02 PM

I imagine Jarael would be crazy deadly against Greivous with Shockstaff, both with a chance to activate and the +10 damage. (Grievous counts as Living since he is a Cyborg and non-living because of Mounted Weapon, same reason why he is effected by Tann's Advanced Shields)
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:05:06 PM

She was, and she acted the good General once in our game. Energy Shields was not nice to Kez. At all. But yeah Jarael was a pain.
Sthlrd2
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:58:55 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
I imagine Jarael would be crazy deadly against Greivous with Shockstaff, both with a chance to activate and the +10 damage. (Grievous counts as Living since he is a Cyborg and non-living because of Mounted Weapon, same reason why he is effected by Tann's Advanced Shields)

This is incorrect. Check the rules forums. The Greivous he was using is non living, regardless of cyborg. Living can not have mounted weapon, so regardless of cyborg or anything else, he is non living because he has mounted weapon.

So if Bronson was calling Trevor's and Tim's map snafu an outrage and asking for disqualification, then should he and Kezz be disqualified here for not knowing the rules? Lol. watch what you ask for Bronson, hahaha.
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:20:47 PM

Heh, I wasn't really calling for a DQ. Tim's good people. I just like to joke around. And I will never watch what I ask for Jake haha
Sthlrd2
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:43:08 PM

theultrastar wrote:
Heh, I wasn't really calling for a DQ. Tim's good people. I just like to joke around. And I will never watch what I ask for Jake haha

Yep, I know, that's why I had to call you out on this.