Bloo or Bloo not, there is no try.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ladies and Gentlemen, Gathering Forces! Options
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 8:37:54 AM
Groups: Member

Mando wrote:
theultrastar wrote:
I finally got my game in with Justin Cook (who was the last opponent on my schedule) he ran a rough low activation Sith squad with Sidious (Legends), Darth Vader (Gathering Forces), Darth Bane's Holocron (Gathering Forces), Darth Malgus (Legends), and filler. I ran Old Republic, went high defense again and ran Revan (Legends), Bastila (Legends), Meetra (Veterans of War), General Farfalla (Legends), T3M4, and filler. I had 9 acts and out acted Justin by a couple acts.

Justin won map, and so we played on Grand Plaza. Round 1 was positioning. Justin got to his Holocron with Vader and took Illusion, so I go to 9 Gambit. Justin captures Gambit, I do not. Score is 9 - 10 (Justin)

2nd Round, Justin wins init, decides to go first, Justin uses Intuition with Sid, I use Surprise move with Revan. Justin acts Vader and grips Farfalla, getting t3M4 in the process, this would have normally killed T3, but I was able to use Bubble on him with Farfalla and so he only took 10 dmg. I use this round to position. Justin does the same, intending to make me come to him since he is up on gambit. I outact him and keep T3 for the end. After he is out acted, I decide to set up a sac move to lure him into coming to me. At the same time I'm able to Flamethrower with T3, kill a couple of his acts for 6 points, and put 20 on Sidious. I am able to capture gambit, along with Justin. So now I'm up on gambit. Score is 25 - 20 (Me)

3rd round, Justin wins init, and Intuitions with Sidious. He takes the bait and bases both T3M4 and Meetra Surik. I was guessing that he would have used Leaping Assault and charged in, but since he uses Intuition, I am able to get an AoO which I hit. He uses Illusion, I make the save so the damage sticks. He has now taken 40 dmg. Now instead of going first here with Sid and attacking, Justin decides to act Malgus, and charge in, base Meetra, and Sith Rage 2. I am as surprised as anyone, he rolls up and Doubles. Both hit, I makashi one of the attacks away, and bubble the other to take 20 dmg. So now I have 2 acts. I run Bastila in and Trip on Sid, I hope to roll high and force him to use his Force Point's trying to Illusion. I roll a 1, and a 2 on my first 2 attacks, and then I roll high on my 3rd. He uses Illusion I make the save. I then choose to use Force Stasis, he fails the save, and the reroll so Sidious takes another 20 and is activated. He has now taken 80 total. I then run in with Revan for the kill I hit all of my attacks, he tries to Illusion twice, but I make both saves. Sidious drops. Justin then tries to Leaping Assault with Vader on Meetra but I makashi the damage, and Force Bubble, to take like 10 dmg I believe. Justin concedes at this point.

I take the 3pt win. So at the end of this leg of the tournament I am 3-2 with 7 points. Not my best outing. Though I am in good position heading into the final leg of the tournament.

As a major fan of Tank squad builds, I love the squad you made Ultrastar! Great squad build man!

Thanks man! I definitely think this build is t1 and probably the best tank squad going right now.
Mando
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 8:56:08 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Mando we might be able to work something out late tonight my time, i am talking late, like 11:30 pm eastern if you could that time. I might be able to.

About Meetra, personally, like the build because it is powerful and good, but it is a whole lot of defense in that build. 2 makashi, bubble, protect, and l defense. On top of that it is a lot of offense. double, twin, gma, cunning, dbl flamethrower, gma triple.

It has a top level ranking for defense and a great rating for offense (the movement and damage opportunity makes even more defensive). Good build

If it is ok with Ultrastar to have my game count for my win/loss total cause I have been unable to get a game set with 3 of my opponents, then I can definetly get on Vassal tonight at 11:30pm. I haven't seen yet if this has been apporved of yet by Bronson, so until he gives it the ok, then i'll just try to get my games in with my scheduled opponents. But if Bronson says its a go, then game on bro! ThumbsUp
SithBot
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 6:28:03 PM

Just finished my game with Jen'ari!
sweet game

My army

Masters of Evil 2

Vader GF
Sidious wotC
Malgus Legends
Sith Emperor Legends
1 mouse droid
1 Rodian Brute
2 Ugnaughts

His army
Beastly Assault

Master Thon
Revan Legends
Tott Doneeta VoW
t3-m4
Ponda Baba
3 ugnaughts

We played on his map Peaceful City.

First round was init, and we set up. I was o nthe right and had the Emperor holding door open underneath the middle rooms in gambit.
O set up one square behind emperor to stay away from dbl flame. He had tott mount thon

He set up just left of door. I got gambit.

Second round, i move Malgus with SE ce. he surprise moves revan to other side of bodyguard and out of reach of throw plus sith rage 2.

He double flames Malgus but i fa 20 away. I kill his t3 with throw 2

We kind of move around and towards the end he runs thon up and hacks Sith Emperor for 70. and than ends his life with Tott. I than lightning his thon and deal 30 to him and to tott, but he force defended it. I than leaping assault with Vader who was just enough away to not have it defended. He attacks Tott who has 110 life dropped a crit. Kills him with triple. he runs revan up and around ready to surprise move/GMA fp move kill sidious next round.

Next round (3) he wins init.
Revan kills Sidious.

I ambush Thon and Sith Rage 2 just to have it defended. drop a whopping 40 on him.

Vader leaping assaults Revan drops 90, he missed ld save.

He attacks with Thon twice and hits with ponda on malgus

Next round (4) I win init.
I kill Revan, he had made a LD save, but to no avail. dropped 60.

Over the nexr two or three rounds Thon kills Malgus, Vader kills Thon.

I take the three point win.

I didnt actually get to see the Pawn from Sidious in action, but was really wanting to. Hard match up to use it on. I think if Jen'ari goes back in time he should have surprise moves Revan and had him attack Vader. it would have dropped his dmg potential way down from the get go. he would have had to only deal 60 and or rely on force powers.
Mando
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 9:30:25 PM

-----EPIC SHOWDOWN ALERT------

just got done with my match vs Jen'ari and it was a close game, but in the end my Duelists won the match for me securing a 3pt win for my squad. We played on Jabba's Palace after Jen'ari defered map to me. Final score was 218-159.

My squad:

--Gathering Duelists--
60 Corran Horn, Jedi Master
46 Kyle Katarn, Combat Instructor
39 Shado Vao, Expert Duelist
23 General Wedge Antilles
20 Cade Skywalker, Padawan
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 9 activations)

Jen'aris squad:

--Vengeful--
Maul (legends)
Grievous (GF)
Jango (Legends)
Sid (wotc)
IG-100 (legends)
R7
uggie x2

200pts, 8 activations

AFter gathering gambit at the end of the first round, the action started in the second. Maul rolled really well in his attacks vs Shado who had a 27 def at full health, and 29 def at half health. I took 60 right away with a twin attack and before i could get Cade up to heal him, Cade got beat down by Jango. I tried to use Corran Horns jedi mind trick to activate greivous and his jango in one round, but jen'ari was rolling great on all his rolls tonight for the most part. By this point it was a absolute slug fest. Jango took a total of 50 dmg from Corran's jedi reflexes, and maul took 20 from it, and his Ig-100 took 30 from it as it attempted to self destruct, but failed to do so after corran killed it before it set off. Corran Horn though...oddly never got to use his tripple attack. at least the aoo's made up for it. Sidious was probably Jen'aris mvp. He dealt out 90 dmg with his 3 lightnings on my guys (30 to corran, and 60 to Shado) and that auto damage really hurt. I had really high defense in this game so he kinda had to. Anyways, it came down to a point where it was just General Wedge and a full health katarn left vs his 80hp maul, 40 hp jango, and 110 hp sidious. I kept in gambit a couple rounds with wedge and did some pot shots while the rest of jen'aris squad ganged up on katarn. This is where Katarn went beast mode with his 8 fp he hadn't used up till that point. The begining of a round, Katarn (remembering the vicious beatdown Cade took) double attacked Jango and rolled a crit for the first attack! Jango made the armor save, but it was still 30 dmg, so when my next attack hit it did the last 10 dmg i needed to do to kill Jango. Jango got maced, and his head went rolling down to Wedges feet. Now it was up to Maul and Sid to try and take down Katarn "le beast". Teras Kasi was a pain to chew through, but after enough ripostes and helpful shots from Wedge, evetually maul went down and Katarn was left standing at 90 hp after seeing Maul get pawned a couple times. When maul went down, the match ended since Jen had no one with a printed 10 dmg and i was above 200pts after killing maul. Game ends in epic fashion after a brutal melee unfolded in Jabba's palace. Katarn was my mvp cause he handled buisness in the end taking on 3 guys.

This match was because jenari and myself have been having difficulty getting our last few games in due to people not getting back to us or showing up for games. Ultrastar approved this match, so that it counts towards our matches for this leg of the tourney. Jenari is a great player and this game was definitely one of t if not the funnest games i've played in the tournament thus far. Good game by Jenari and he had a really good squad he put together!
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 5:35:05 AM

Rolls were in my favor so when the devastating Crit from Kyle Katarn happened who could complain? That Jango goes beast mode once Grievous died, but the Combat instructor showed him the ways of dueling. love the head rolling bit haha.

GREAT GAME! one of my favorite yet.

Mando played bold and daring, moving pieces adjacent at will, disruptive canceling my distraction stunk ;(

Jedi Reflexes was brutal with his good positioning Opportunist strikes hurt.

That army is really a great synergy build, one of my favorite armies thus far. High defense and sneaky damage output from jedi reflexes and Ripostes and Surprise attacks.

Essence of life and Heal 20 can definitely help. Evade and Mobile attack on all pieces. Really just a good build. Shado Vao can have a 29 defense against melee attackers, he is an expert duelist ;)

thx for the game, for a minute I thought i would pull out the victory, but alas Kyle Katarn had had enough
DieAndBeMetal
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2015 12:58:08 PM

I'm available today to play.
Amadeus
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2015 1:19:24 PM

Just today? If it is at all possible to play our game monday (after 7pm EST) I would appreciate it. I'm in study mode right now today and need as much time as I can get to prepare for what is likely going to be my hardest final of the semester, so I cannot play tonight, especially on such short notice.
DieAndBeMetal
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2015 1:35:38 PM

I think I could do one at 9 tomorrow. Sorry, I work 6 days a week and Sunday is the only day I really have time to do much of anything. lol
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:42:34 PM

Faction wins and losses thus far
OR 6-2
Sith 2-5
Mandos 1-0
Republic 4-3
Imperial 2-4
Rebels 1-5
Seps 2-2
New Republic 3-0
Fringe 0-1

Gathering Forces Pieces thus far
Arca Jeth 1-1
Battlemaster 1-0
Holocron 0-2
Vader, Master of Evil 2-2
Cassus Fett 1-0
Crusader 0-0
Aayla 1-1
Rako Hardeen 0-2
Ventress 1-1
Grievous 0-1
Kanan 0-2
Sabine 0-2
Zeb 0-2
Hera 0-2
Inquisitor 1-1
Palps 2-4
Zekk 1-0
Shado Vao 2-0
Chiss Scout 1-1?
Mitth'raw'nuruodo 0-1

As far as I can tell
SithBot
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2015 3:57:07 PM

Last night for games.
Trying to get my game in with Dr. Daman.
If anyone knows his number can you text and ask him if he is available to play? I heard he hurt his ankle pretty bad, I hope he is alright. Want to get my game in also dont want to be disrespectful to someone who has been injured.
Would love to play tonight. I am available for start time up til 12:30 my time (Eastern time) and could play at 5 AM my time if he lets me know early enough to go to bed ;)

I am sure Bronson will allow a few hours addition to get a game in if it is scheduled before the deadline and is very close ;)
Amadeus
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2015 9:36:13 PM

Tonight had my match with DieAndBeMetal, play report will be posted tomorrow but it was a full win for me.

Today Darth_nevar just responded to my initial BM and said he could play tonight. I talked to him earlier in the night (9ish) while waiting for DABM, and we planned to meet up at 11pm. but I didn't hear back from him later unfortunately.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:43:34 AM

Looks like I end with my first points of the league, with 3 pts!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:35:03 AM

Darthrattlehead and Sharron never responded to my bloomails, so I was unable to set up my games with them despite my best efforts.

My second match with Jenari replaced my match with shmi15, since it was frustratingly impossible to get a game set up with him despite my best efforts. It was fun playing against Jenari again, as out 2nd match was really fun and very close.

Hopefully next round of this tournament turns out better and everyone on my schedule can get on and play or get on when they reply to my bloomail and say they are able to get on but never show up on 3 separate occasions.
SithBot
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:03:18 AM

So I finished with 9 pts texted Bronson about what to do with a certain match
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:46:02 AM

Mando wrote:
Darthrattlehead and Sharron never responded to my bloomails, so I was unable to set up my games with them despite my best efforts.

My second match with Jenari replaced my match with shmi15, since it was frustratingly impossible to get a game set up with him despite my best efforts. It was fun playing against Jenari again, as out 2nd match was really fun and very close.

Hopefully next round of this tournament turns out better and everyone on my schedule can get on and play or get on when they reply to my bloomail and say they are able to get on but never show up on 3 separate occasions.

Yeah, Shmi had a really busy month apparently. I wasn't able to get a time to play with him either Sad

It's past the deadline, but I'd rather get it in late with him if possible than get 3 points for forfeit, I was looking forward to our TN Regional rematch BlooMilk
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:46:26 PM

Well I dont know how Bronson wants to tally up points, but I will go ahead and right down how many points I had going into this leg of the league, and tell him how many i made during this leg, and than tell him how many points I have after VoW and GF.

Started with 0 pts.
I received 3 pts during GF

I now have 3 points :)
Amadeus
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:53:15 PM

Sorry for delay, forgot about this!

I played my game with DieAndBeMetal on Monday night. Since I had just finished writing a final I didn't really have time to make a new squad from scratch, so I played a previous squad.

AMADEUS:
--Arguments in the Senate--
29 Captain Argyus
23 Mon Mothma
21 Admiral Yularen
100 Senate Commando x5
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
10 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2
6 Mouse Droid x2

DIEANDBEMETAL:
63 Darth Vader, Master of Evil
57 Darth Sidious, Sith Master
33 The Sith Emperor
23 Sith Lord
10 Sith Guard x2
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Map roll goes to DABM, so we play on Peaceful city. I took right.

First round only action was R2 towing up a commando who killed an ugnaught

Second round a big play happens, DABM pawns the sith lord forward to use sith sorcery on some of my troops, succeeding in activating 2 of my 5 commandos. He then takes his turn with the Sith Lord and zaps R2, a spaarti, and a commando, killing all but the commando. However, with the Sith Lord now out in the open it was not difficult to finish him off later in the round with a commando (who crit anyways) and Argyus. One commando fired pot shots at vader, doing 30 damage. Vader moves into the main room, Sidious moves along the side. Palpatine zapped a wounded commando, who fired back to deal significant damage.

Third round vader is moved forward by Emperor's CE, and Sidious is ended at the hands of a commando who moved into adjacency to take advantage of Close Quarters Fighting, finishing off sidious. I move a mouse forward to open the door to the main room so I can shoot inside if I need to. The Sith Emperor uses sith hunger on one of my forward-most commandos in the room. I land a few shots on vader. Vader leaping assaults to kill off a mouse and then a commando, but the commando (with CQF, Opportunist, and the +10 dmg from mon mothma's CE in effect) easily lands a 50 damage shot against the adjacent vader, killing him even before the twin. With just the sith emperor and a sith guard left of his fighting force while 4 commandos, a spaarti, and Argyus remain for me, DABM concedes.

The match was a lot of fun, and DABM was a great opponent!

SithBot
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 11:54:02 AM

After all is done, I finished with 12 pts.

Giving me a total of 24 pts.

Any chance of getting points together to see where everyone stands?