RegisterDonateLogin

As wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Sign up and Reporting Thread Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 11:45:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

After the Wookiee Commander squad won the "Tournament of Champions", I wanted to see it in a real tournament. At the same time, I wanted to try something with a new twist and Tott/Nexu seemed like it fit the bill. I've had fun with it, but I don't think it's as good as the version that was in the Tournament of Champions.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 11:57:01 AM
Groups: Member

It's interesting that several combos have been around for years and infrequently (if ever) played competitively.

Tott/Nexu
Bao Dur/Zann Consortium Destroyer Droids
Hera with the other Ghost Crew
BX Droids and Sidious paired with Cad Bane + speedy bounty hunters

The rest are easy to play + straightforward, or trying to optimize a squad around a single new piece.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 12:39:09 PM

I guess my point isn't so much that Bastilla is the best option for the OR as that she sort of stunts the growth for all other factions unless they have something to counter her. Plus man she is popular right now in this tourney haha. Oh well I'll keep rocking the Confederacy against all odds! Looking forward to next stage of the tournament and looks like I'm up against another Urban. I've appreciated that I've got to fight a different faction each time. And other than the poor Vong we have a good spread of representation I think.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:25:23 PM

Sid with snipers is something I have wanted to do for a while. I am not sure what the best build is, but this one has been fun :). It may be best to take out Cad and Assaj for more droids to pawn. I plan on tweaking it and seeing what I come up with.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:11:35 PM

Darth_Frenchy wrote:
Sid with snipers is something I have wanted to do for a while. I am not sure what the best build is, but this one has been fun :). It may be best to take out Cad and Assaj for more droids to pawn. I plan on tweaking it and seeing what I come up with.

I've been playing around with it myself for a few years. Too busy with Mandos to try it, lol.

Your current squad is like 2 different halves of good squads. They do compliment each other to a certain extent (shooters with melee interference). A lot of iterations to choose from.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:12:40 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
I guess my point isn't so much that Bastilla is the best option for the OR as that she sort of stunts the growth for all other factions unless they have something to counter her. Plus man she is popular right now in this tourney haha. Oh well I'll keep rocking the Confederacy against all odds! Looking forward to next stage of the tournament and looks like I'm up against another Urban. I've appreciated that I've got to fight a different faction each time. And other than the poor Vong we have a good spread of representation I think.

It is a good spread even though it's OR heavy.

OR has scarcely been played the last few years, Bastila or not.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:40:47 PM

Personally I want to see some Covenant at T1.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 5:06:43 PM

HoneHeron said he's flexible, but it's now close to 24 hours with no further reply. (But I see he's online now so hopefully I'll get a reply.)
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 3:08:10 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I've been playing around with it myself for a few years. Too busy with Mandos to try it, lol.

Your current squad is like 2 different halves of good squads. They do compliment each other to a certain extent (shooters with melee interference). A lot of iterations to choose from.

Yeah it reminds me of Cad, Durge and Assaj, but definitely weaker. You aren't out activating and you don't have init control. The ability to Pawn a Sniper, run twelve then shoot twice is amazing, but the Squad is definitely not optimized. I think it would run better with a Lancer and another sniper, lobot could be golden as well.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 3:52:21 AM

General_Grievous wrote:

When did you want to play?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 7:31:50 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Does Wednesday morning 10 mountain time work for you?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 8:46:56 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Does Wednesday morning 10 mountain time work for you?

No, I'll be at work.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 10:20:52 AM

HoneHeron and I are scheduled for tonight, 9pm EDT.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 7:46:20 PM

Hey Kezzamachine, you and I are paired up for this round. I've tried to contact you via BM and Facebook, but perhaps it's not working properly. When do ya wanna play? Please lemmeknow. Cheers mate!
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:59:10 AM

Hey Spry, I am flying in on the 25th and could be free to play any night between the 25th and 28th. What works best for you? :)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:23:55 AM

Standings partway through round 3:

kezza (2-0) 6pts (vs tint)
thereisnotry (2-0) 6pts (vs kezz)
Darth Frenchy (2-0) 5pts (vs spry)

Flying Arrow (2-1) 7pts
urbanjedi (2-1) 7pts
TimmerB123 (2-1) 5pts

spryguy (1-1) 3pts (vs Frenchy)
UrbanShmi (1-1) 2pts (vs GG)

AceAce (1-2) 4pts
Caedus (1-2) 4pts
HoneHeron (1-2) 3pts
Deaths Baine (1-2) 3pts

General Grievous (0-2) 1pt (vs UrbanShmi)
DarkDracul (0-2) 1pt (vs DarthRattlehead)
DarthRattlehead (0-2) 0pts (vs DarkDracul)
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 4:40:11 PM

Tim wins game 3. I am 1-2 with 4 points.
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:32:10 PM

DarthRattleHead and I have a game scheduled my Thursday 4pm Eastern Standard / his Friday 8am Kiwi time.

These Wookiees are primed and ready, may the battle for the bottom begin!
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:11:29 PM

AceAce wrote:
Tim wins game 3. I am 1-2 with 4 points.

Sorry - I'll finish the write up soon.

Me 2pts, Mike 0pts
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:05:17 AM

I've finished updating the Vassal mod. Go here to see all the details.

The first post points you to a download for the basic SWM Module itself; most of you shouldn't need to worry about this one because you've already got it set up. But please carefully read the 2nd post and follow the instructions for installing and working with the V-Set Extensions.