RegisterDonateLogin

Aged like a fine wine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Vengeance & Cantina Brawl Spoilers Options
Echo24
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:44:30 AM
Groups: Member

Baegn wrote:
The RM(Even Piell) for Vergere has a lightsaber. Does this mean that she also has a lightsaber?

This is exactly why an important new section was added to the floor rules: For v-set pieces, to determine if a character has a lightsaber look for the special ability Lightsaber, a Force Power with the word lightsaber in the name, or check the PICTURE of the RM on the card. If the picture has a lightsaber, the character counts as having one. If the picture doesn't have a lightsaber, it doesn't.

Evan Piell's lightsaber was removed in his image on the card, so Vergere does not count as having a lightsaber.

I'm very very happy to see such a positive response to this set. It was the first one that I worked on as a designer, so obviously it means a lot to me. I hope you all enjoy using these pieces.
tonythetoyman
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:03:33 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
tonythetoyman wrote:
At first glance I really like Vergere (for several reasons, but especially because he let's you bring in Jacen Solo variants into the Vong... may not be the most competitive combo, but a great and fun idea in general).

You have it backwards. He can be in any squad with jacen, not that he can bring jacen into any squad.

Thanks for the clarification (totally misunderstood it in my excitement about the set and idea). Not as great, but still a fun/good idea overall.
njarnagin
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:23:50 AM

Awesome Work V-Set Team!
ThumbsUp
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:02:27 AM

I just realized an annoying combo: Use Cadeus or Lumyia to put Vergere into a Sith Squad, then add Darth Zannah to give Coral Implants to. That'll be an absolute pain to kill.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:28:36 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I just realized an annoying combo: Use Cadeus or Lumyia to put Vergere into a Sith Squad, then add Darth Zannah to give Coral Implants to. That'll be an absolute pain to kill.

yeah i personally like the idea of using jaina sword of the jedi with jacen solo jedi knight and wedge, bring in vergere and give implants to jaina, and she is a pain to kill.
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:55:50 AM

At first glance, almost everything looks usable. I love the anti-Mouse Droid stuff - Momaw Nadon looks like a great option for a Yobuck swap squad.

Great job everyone!

Out of curiosity, I've heard a couple of statements from the designers about this set:
- what's the piece that helps beat 'em up type squads?
- what's the piece that's what the Vong need? The Vong pieces all look good, but I'm not sure which is game changing. Onimi with Nas Choka looks scary though.....
saber1
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:59:19 AM

Galen Marek looks great. A quick question, though. Force Fury 19 specifies "targeted" Force Power. Does that mean powers that do not target do not benefit from FF19? Specifically, Force Lightning 2 specifies target, but Force Repulse 4 does not target. Does that mean FR4 does not benefit from FF19? I assume either way FL2 does benefit.
Echo24
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:07:32 AM

saber1 wrote:
Galen Marek looks great. A quick question, though. Force Fury 19 specifies "targeted" Force Power. Does that mean powers that do not target do not benefit from FF19? Specifically, Force Lightning 2 specifies target, but Force Repulse 4 does not target. Does that mean FR4 does not benefit from FF19? I assume either way FL2 does benefit.

Yep, you've got it exactly right. Force Fury specifically doesn't benefit Force Repulse 4. We didn't want it to be something that can hit a very high number of enemies.
Echo24
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:15:47 AM

TheHutts wrote:

Out of curiosity, I've heard a couple of statements from the designers about this set:

Hmm, who was it that mentioned that? I don't think it was me, and I'm not sure what was in mind. That said, there are a lot of beatstick-style pieces in this set; Galen, Marka Ragnos, Corran, Eeth Koth, and so on. A lot of pieces are pretty straightforward fighting pieces.

Quote:
- what's the piece that's what the Vong need? The Vong pieces all look good, but I'm not sure which is game changing. Onimi with Nas Choka looks scary though.....

I really think that the Vong Hunter on Quednak will benefit vong squads a whole lot. They've always had trouble with walls (especially those mouse droid walls....), so a piece with Galloping Attack is something that will even the playing field some for them. Combine that with Prefect Da'Gara who can make is so you only bring in the Quednak if you need it, and I think that will be a big part of Vong squads in the future.
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:21:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Echo24 wrote:
saber1 wrote:

Yep, you've got it exactly right. Force Fury specifically doesn't benefit Force Repulse 4. We didn't want it to be something that can hit a very high number of enemies.

Brilliant foresight and use of mechanics.
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:23:51 AM

Echo24 wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

Hmm, who was it that mentioned that? I don't think it was me, and I'm not sure what was in mind. That said, there are a lot of beatstick-style pieces in this set; Galen, Marka Ragnos, Corran, Eeth Koth, and so on. A lot of pieces are pretty straightforward fighting pieces.

Weeks said it (although he's a designer for v-set 4, not Vengeance, right?): "Ive played something similar, its fun running straight beat em up squads. Wait till you see what piece helps this squad type out in Vengence." About this squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/113391/this-party-is-over I can see Momaw Nadon being helpful instead of T3-M4 for that squad.
greentime
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:23:39 AM

Serious mouse droid and lancer hate, which I think is all for the better. There are a ton of 20-30ish point characters that are easy to slide into existing squads, plus plenty of pieces that you can build squads around. Boy, and there's all kinds of great ways to play Celeste now.

My one complaint - how could the Sith Alchemist not get some lore text from Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor: "There really is such a thing as Sith alchemy? That wasn't part of the act?"
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:32:42 AM

TheHutts wrote:
Echo24 wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

Weeks said it (although he's a designer for v-set 4, not Vengeance, right?): "Ive played something similar, its fun running straight beat em up squads. Wait till you see what piece helps this squad type out in Vengence." About this squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/113391/this-party-is-over I can see Momaw Nadon being helpful instead of T3-M4 for that squad.

See: Foul Moundama
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:30:32 AM

WOW!!! Really like the new Corran, Nomi & Galen. So many new and innovative force powers and skills. Say goodbye to the MD walls via Wuher; he is a major game changer with, "we don't server their kind here."

The Mandos certainly have improved with the addition of Cassus & Vizsla. Look forward to using them in concert with the Counter-Intelligence Officer.

Excellent job!BlooMilk
komix
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 2:25:31 AM

Whoa! I gotta say, that I love it!
Well done!
Finally Carnor Jax and Jerec! I would have liked better if Carnor had Affinity for Lumyia but meh, this one is fine for me! I like the rival ability on him (excludes Kanos and other Royal Guards).
Jerec! Whoa i gotta start working on his custom right away! Can we in future expect other Dark Jedis who were with Jerec? That would be awsome!
Nightsister - whoa, impressed! Not so sure about her Vongsense, but she is solid in my eyes.
GARY- At last my troopers will have access to Cunning attack :) For 16 points he is great!
Personally, I can't find use of Jedi-Sith Clone, but nice reference to EU (although book was rather weak)- who knows, maybe in future there will be some use of them.

Other characters- Sirli, Malakli. Whoa. Impressed, really!
To end up, yes I'm a huge Empire fan (in game and EU). Once again job well done Design Team! I like that not all characters have Lightsaber Defense (which in my eyes should be given to ultra unique ones, not to every r, vr) and once again we see the use of Lightsaber Block!
Now I gotta look for green stuff and some specific minis from my local players to create customs!

BTW- I would almost forgot- New Dewback and Security Stomtrooper rock!!!!
jhc36
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 4:32:28 AM

yep, great set for sure. as i prefer the Yuuzhan Vong, Da'Gara is the best piece and will end up being a staple in any competitve YV squad. Saying that, I'm a sucker for fun stuff and I like farmboy Luke and Ben Kenobi. In fact, as far as these new 'small set things' cantina brawl is the best. I like Vizsla, will be a fun addition to toy around with.

And of course all positives would be no good without some hate. I'm looking at you nightsister mother.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 4:41:53 AM

I am a huge fan of the Mandos, as well as the Republic Commando books, so the new pieces, such as Etain, Ordo, Atin, and Fi are by far my favorites, despite the fact that they are not the most competitive pieces in the set. Galen is an interesting addition to the Rebels, and GARY opens up so many new possibilities with the Sith and Imperials. Overall, the best V-Set yet. ThumpUp
saber1
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 6:02:23 AM

I greatly appreciate Door Shatter as Jedi have long needed a way to get through doors (similar to my Lightsaber Egress custom Force power). However, I noticed that several pieces have Door Shatter 1. What might DS2-5 look like?

Door Shatter 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks, sight: Designate 1 door as open: it is considered open and cannot be closed for remainder of skirmish)

Door Shatter 3 (Force 3, replaces attacks, sight: Designate 1 door as open: it is considered open and cannot be closed for remainder of skirmish. Characters within 6 squares of door take 20 damage)

Door Shatter 4 (Force 4, replaces attacks, sight: Designate 1 door as open: it is considered open and cannot be closed for remainder of skirmish. Character within 6 squares of the door takes 30 damage. Each adjacent wall is considered low objects.)

Door Shatter 5 (Force 5, replaces attacks, sight: Each door and wall on the battle map are considered low objects for rest of skirmish. Characters within 6 squares of any door or wall are immediately defeated and should be burned, save 16)
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 6:03:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jhc36 wrote:
yep, great set for sure. as i prefer the Yuuzhan Vong, Da'Gara is the best piece and will end up being a staple in any competitve YV squad. Saying that, I'm a sucker for fun stuff and I like farmboy Luke and Ben Kenobi. In fact, as far as these new 'small set things' cantina brawl is the best. I like Vizsla, will be a fun addition to toy around with.

And of course all positives would be no good without some hate. I'm looking at you nightsister mother.

Why do you like luke? It's my leat favorite piece... Just because I can't figure out how you're supposed to use him
jhc36
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 6:25:56 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
jhc36 wrote:

Why do you like luke? It's my leat favorite piece... Just because I can't figure out how you're supposed to use him

Completely for the fun aspect. Run Biggs and some more rebel pilots with Leia. For as much as I love the competitve aspect...the fun/theme squads keep me playing this game.