RegisterDonateLogin

Is altering the meal. Pray it doesn't alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Vengeance & Cantina Brawl Spoilers Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:51:17 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jhc36 wrote:
jlbm347 wrote:
Did I miss something? Where is Marka Ragnos, Dark Force Spirit? Is it the same as Exar? Just wondering.

my gues...it's coming. Wink

I agree...it would at least cost 131 pts for that zan/verg combo... but in one hour...do you think you could get a full win? I'm guessing we'll see direct damage making a comeback...sorta like the '08 regionals when gowk was around. Funny how a yuuzhan vong ability is now better on a jeedai...somehow that seems a bit blasphemous.

The difference is that there are now a lot more ways to do direct damage then before. I don't think its nearly as difficult as in 2008. She is going to bring the Sith faction into competitive play for sure, but i don't feel like she is a problem, or that the sith don't deserve the opportunity.
jhc36
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:00:53 AM
Groups: Member

Never said that faction didn't deserve the opportunity, just saying that vergere could make an already severely irritating character that much more. And I never liked the fact that a jeedai could reroll a yuuzhan vong ability unless they had vongsense. Said as much in my playtesting of said character as well.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:11:35 AM

Echo24 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
jhc36 wrote:
the only thing i worry about...strictly competitively speaking...is vergere on a sith squad with zannah with the change back to ss mastery.

Hmm, lets see... Zannah with Crab Armor 6, getting healed for 20, and then gaining 4 force pts and pseudo-MotF 3 when Vergere dies, ON TOP of what she already has on her own. Blink

No CEs involved. That will be one tough nut to crack. Break out the unstoppable damage pieces.

Good thing that combo costs 131-138 pts for 3 characters.

Yep, you're spending 131-138 points for basically all defense and very little offense, meaning it will be very tough to get even a 2 point win. Then if you have to play against direct damage, or Crack Shot, or Vong, or Ysalimiri, or Force Suppression, or one of those squads that just gets a massive amount of shots (IG-86 swarm comes to mind) you'd be hard pressed to win at all.

I think a squad like that will become a gatekeeper in that you have to consider what you'll do if you face it, but it has so many counters that it won't be that good.

As for Marka Ragnos DFS, you didn't miss anything. Wink

Interesting, so the sith might replace lancers as the new gate keeper. I don't know much about meta, but it sounded like lancer squads stopped being truly competitive some time ago, but you always had to build your squad to be able to deal with them.
njarnagin
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:40:53 AM

-Wow, Momaw Nadon seems specifically geared to mouse droid hate. At only 15 points I see him specifically brought in to deal with those pesky mouse droid walls.

-As Zannah becoming even harder to kill in this set: I guess the "kill everything except her" strategy will be the best approach.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:13:51 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

adamb0nd wrote:
Interesting, so the sith might replace lancers as the new gate keeper. I don't know much about meta, but it sounded like lancer squads stopped being truly competitive some time ago, but you always had to build your squad to be able to deal with them.

Sith aren't there yet to be the gatekeeper. They are good, no doubt. But with all the Droid hate in this set, specifically Mouse Droid swarms, and with GOWK re-emergence, I see it going back to Republic. I think Old Republic with Bastilla is closer to being a gatekeeper than Sith.

And even then, Zannah with VCA isn't the greatest options Sith will have. Jaq, Lumiya, Krayt, and Dash with Cunning is very interesting. I am highly tempted to mess around with Marka Ragnos, a really threatening beatstick with Sorcery. They are good, no doubt. But not to the point where you need to build specifcally to beat them right now.
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:18:08 AM

Thanks for the scan.

Have not read though the thread yet, but will when I have more time, probably already been pointed out but if not if you look real closely at all the stats there are spoilers for set 4.

PS. cards have arrived for the UK members that requested them, so please contact me.
Segastorm
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:32:47 AM

with the zann consortium, we might get some all fringe squads now that are....I don't wanna say competitive, but better than your average fringe squad
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:03:01 PM

Look.

It needs to be said. When I saw the cards for the first time, I nearly cried. This is quite possibly my favourite set. Ever. (Even more than the custom set I'm working on that has 40 variations of me.)

Vengeance rules.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:14:51 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
(Even more than the custom set I'm working on that has 40 variations of me.)

Still laffin' at this one!
Sashlon
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:33:06 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
Look.

Vengeance rules.

You're doing that too?! blasted

BlooMilk
Sashlon
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:35:26 PM

Wow. I got censoredUnsure

I didn't know blasted was a bad word lol
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:45:48 PM

kezzamachine wrote:

If you're running out of ideas, I have some stats in mind for Kezza 'Buck Shelford' Machine. I'd give you Disciplined Leader, and whatever the opposite of Bravado is (Stage Fright?).
komix
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:29:39 PM

BTW when can we expect to get PDF? I can't wait to print it out!
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:14:40 PM

Upon looking at this set, I have to say it looks fun. Sadly, my tears flow for the fact no Urai Fenn (Tyber's 2nd), no Guri, and no new Nihilus.

Not mad. Just disappointed that both Nihilus and Guri have to wait another day.
countrydude82487
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:24:09 PM

markedman247 wrote:
Upon looking at this set, I have to say it looks fun. Sadly, my years flow for the fact no Urai Fenn (Tyber's 2nd), no Guri, and no new Nihilus.

Not mad. Just disappointed that both Nihilus and Guri have to wait another day.

i dont know, because i am not a designer, but the next set is scum and villainy so they could be in there
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:47:31 PM

I hope so.
engineer
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:48:19 AM

markedman247 wrote:
I hope so.

I've heard this statement lots of times. "I don't understand why ______ is not in V set ___?"
Back when we did DotF, we started with something like 300+ names and cut that down. Most of those names that were not chosen still have not been made into minis. Only making 120ish a year is booth a lot and a few (strange).
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:59:25 AM

engineer wrote:
markedman247 wrote:
I hope so.

I've heard this statement lots of times. "I don't understand why ______ is not in V set ___?"
Back when we did DotF, we started with something like 300+ names and cut that down. Most of those names that were not chosen still have not been made into minis. Only making 120ish a year is booth a lot and a few (strange).

And there are new characters coming out all the time. I haven't played any of the video games, but I read (okay, listened to) Fatal Alliance and am working my way through Fate of the Jedi. Dao Stryver. Jet Nebula. Vestara Kai.

Hard to believe Tahiri Veila doesn't have a piece yet, given how many appearances she has: 41! 43 for Lowbacca... I wonder what character has the most appearances without a piece.
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:48:29 AM

With that I do apologize, I put my hope of using some customs I made for just the occasion and didn't see them on the list. On passing discussions, I thought at least one or two were in the set. And seeing Tyber Zann, I assumed the Urai would be in there. I put my self-infated expectations on the board.

As for most appearances without a mini, there would be consideration of the lord of plot guidance: Jorj Car'das. Timothy Zann's creation that exists solely to cop out plot points when the plot gets stale. And that is my personal opinion on that character.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:51:10 AM

markedman247 wrote:
With that I do apologize, I put my hope of using some customs I made for just the occasion and didn't see them on the list. On passing discussions, I thought at least one or two were in the set. And seeing Tyber Zann, I assumed the Urai would be in there. I put my self-infated expectations on the board.

As for most appearances without a mini, there would be consideration of the lord of plot guidance: Jorj Car'das. Timothy Zann's creation that exists solely to cop out plot points when the plot gets stale. And that is my personal opinion on that character.

Appearances: 9.