Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Forgotten Battles: Standings, Schedule, Results Options
knappskirata
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:05:49 PM
Groups: Member

501 Trooper wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:
I thought we were going to wait until after v-set 5 came out to start this. At least that's what we talked about. Or are you now changing your mind now that the separatists are starting to become usable?

I do not recall this ever being the case.

I had talked with knapp beforehand.
no were not, I changed it
501 Trooper
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:14:55 PM

knappskirata wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:
I thought we were going to wait until after v-set 5 came out to start this. At least that's what we talked about. Or are you now changing your mind now that the separatists are starting to become usable?

Why? You don't want level playing grounds?
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:36:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

501 Trooper wrote:
knappskirata wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:

FlyingArrow and others have put a lot of work into deciding the character lists, adding pieces people are largely unfamilar with may unbalance a certain list if they are placed incorrectly. I think it makes sense to start soon rather than wait a bit, especially since people are now used to the format from Before Endor, too much time between campaigns could make people lose interest.
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:12:45 PM

501 Trooper wrote:
knappskirata wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:

The CE of Sev'rance Tann could be interesting (Zam), but how level would the playground be with two Rep Booming Voice.
As I imagine your esteemed leader, GG, would say - Death to the crumbling Republic - NOW.Scared
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:19:28 PM

Though I would much appreciate the assistance General Tann could provide our forces and out war machines, it makes no difference if the Republic burns now or later. It will burn regardless and I can launch now or later depending on the wishes of the mass of Confederate warriors!

Now as soon as I hear from one of these four:

2:Howitzer_120mm/The Ninjer Ginger

11:Shimi15/theultrasta

On their maps then I can begin the wanton and rampant disassembly of all people hold dear and have put their trust in.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:22:35 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Though I would much appreciate the assistance General Tann could provide our forces and out war machines, it makes no difference if the Republic burns now or later. It will burn regardless and I can launch now or later depending on the wishes of the mass of Confederate warriors!

Now as soon as I hear from one of these four:

2:Howitzer_120mm/The Ninjer Ginger

11:Shimi15/theultrasta

On their maps then I can begin the wanton and rampant disassembly of all people hold dear and have put their trust in.

I am pretty sure that shmi15 and the ultrastar will be using vassal for the most part and will have access to all the maps on it. (I am in their play group and this is how they normally play.)
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:34:19 PM

So all vassal maps.. Is tha all maps in general?
knappskirata
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:11:47 AM

All maps have been posted. I believe Vassal is almost every map, so if there is a problem we will change it
obi_dan_kenobi
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:13:40 AM

Hey guys! I'm online now, so you can change General_Griveous's devastater... er I mean opponent to me!

"At an end your rule is, and not short enough was it."

Looking forward to it!

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:05:49 PM

obi_dan_kenobi wrote:
Hey guys! I'm online now, so you can change General_Griveous's devastater... er I mean opponent to me!

"At an end your rule is, and not short enough was it."

Looking forward to it!

"Ahh the negotiator! We have been expecting you..."
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:11:51 AM

Maps are ready to go
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2013 10:11:51 AM

Separatist Allocations complete
howitzer_120mm
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:09:30 PM

What is the "Fringe Bonus" mean?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:44:28 PM

howitzer_120mm wrote:
What is the "Fringe Bonus" mean?

Basically, a prize. If you win your battle your side gets to use the Fringe bonus for the rest of the war. Not the whole side - the fringe bonus is allocated like a Restricted or Unique piece.

From the rules:

Fringe Bonuses

Initially, each side has access primarily to only its own faction, with just a few exceptions. Some of the maps have Fringe Bonuses tied to them, so that the winner on that map will be able to use certain Fringe characters for the rest of the war. All Fringe Bonuses are Unique or Restricted, so the Supreme Commander will have to decide who gets the newly acquired pieces during allocation each round. Additionally, all Fringe Bonuses come together as a package - the whole package must be given to the same player. For example, if the Imperials win Rodia, the Supreme Commander must give all the Fringe Rodians to the same player. He may not give the Rodian Brutes to one player while giving the Rodian Raiders to another player.

(Note that there is some slight overlap between non-unique races and the Black Sun vigos. So it is possible to give two players a Rodian Black Sun Vigo if your side has won both the Rodia battle and the Coruscant battle.)

Here is the link to the complete rules for the campaign:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12039
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:11:36 PM

To Supreme Commander General Grevious

From General Spryguy and his 1981st Droid Battalion.

Wat Tambor's attempt to subjugate the Ugnaught population was successful. After spending the necessary funds to equip our Huge Crab Droids and Homing Spider droids for underground travel we plowed through the troops under the command of Jedi General K'Kruhk. Having equipped our shield technology for underground operations also we completed a rout with the final score of 167-4.

Forever in service to the Seperatist Alliance,

General Spry and the 1981st.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:34:34 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:

Wat Tambor's attempt to subjugate the Ugnaught population was successful. After spending the necessary funds to equip our Huge Crab Droids and Homing Spider droids for underground travel we plowed through the troops under the command of Jedi General K'Kruhk. Having equipped our shield technology for underground operations also we completed a rout with the final score of 167-4.

Well played General Spry, well played indeed! The addition of the Ugnaught technology will greatly assist us with the war effort.

Colonel Nader
jak
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 6:30:45 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
spryguy1981 wrote:

Well played General Spry, well played indeed! The addition of the Ugnaught technology will greatly assist us with the war effort.

General Nader

Kill the Jedi!Cursing
Darth Jak
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:19:35 PM

Report from OOM-9 to GeneralGrievous...

We have reached the ice world you sent us to and set up residence in the abandoned control center as directed. A few faithful droids were destroyed by hairy aliens when we arrived. One with a lightsaber, even. We chased the beasts away, killing several before they fled. Not long after we restored power to the control center, two other Jedi approached us in peace. At least, I think they were Jedi. They had lightsabers, but they did not attack. I believe these are the targets you wanted us to contact, but their images are included in this message for verfiication.

===
FlyingArrow's Battle Droid horde (plus 3 Droidekas) defeats AndyHatton's Wookiees (plus Gen Skywalker) on RhenVar.
We didn't count up the final score exactly, but it was something like 80-32.
The only unique defeated was Tarfful.
Mando
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 10:45:18 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:

From General Obikenobi.

ARF trooper squad decimated by shield technology. Reflected shots killed our strategy. Too many droids. Master K'kruk escaped with his life after seeing it as a lost cause, seeing no point in fighting a lost battle. Full retreat initiated. Request reinforcements.

AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 12:26:00 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Report from OOM-9 to GeneralGrievous...

We have reached the ice world you sent us to and set up residence in the abandoned control center as directed. A few faithful droids were destroyed by hairy aliens when we arrived. One with a lightsaber, even. We chased the beasts away, killing several before they fled. Not long after we restored power to the control center, two other Jedi approached us in peace. At least, I think they were Jedi. They had lightsabers, but they did not attack. I believe these are the targets you wanted us to contact, but their images are included in this message for verfiication.

===
FlyingArrow's Battle Droid horde (plus 3 Droidekas) defeats AndyHatton's Wookiees (plus Gen Skywalker) on RhenVar.
We didn't count up the final score exactly, but it was something like 80-32.
The only unique defeated was Tarfful.

My Wookiees! My poor, poor Wookiees...stupid clankers...