RegisterDonateLogin

Is in command now.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Delaware Regional Options
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 6:33:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

There are regionals which use all 3 maps (IN and WI I think) so that might be an option. Otherwise it looks like A has the most at 5, and B and C have 4. (these numbers include the Regionals that use all 3) Now PA did C, I don't know if you want to avoid that as there might be some overlap in particpants. And finally you could always use a Randomizer site (such as http://pardomizer.com/) and just set the parameters at 1-3 and go with the corresponding letter.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 6:35:34 PM

corranhorn wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
You mentioned you liked Maplist B, why don't you do that? (I like all of them, I know this is hard haha)

Tbh I only wanted to do Maplist B in particular because it'd give me an excuse to pick up a particular map. BigGrin But I want to make sure no one has a preference for one reason or another, since I don't much care.

I vote for maplist B mainly because I think the TO should get what he wants. The job doesn't pay much. Maplist choice might be the only pay there is, actually.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:50:12 AM
Groups: Member

Haha ok, we'll go with Tatooine. BigGrin
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 5:23:53 PM

What do you guys think of the idea of getting a customs as prize support? Since I don't think that anyone coming makes customs (or at least has presented them here) I could commission from Darthbane53. Seeing as I'd like to make sure DoK gets enough business in store credit purchases to make it worth their while to let us have this, I'd probably end up paying for the custom out of pocket, which means just one for 1st place. (Bit tight on dough atm). Does this sound good, and if so, what Vset piece would you guys want to see as the custom?
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 6:07:20 PM

I'm always a fan of customs as Prize support.
Hinkbert
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:26:56 AM

A custom for first is a great idea! As for who, pick a piece that seems popular, but doesn't have a mini already, like a Malgus or Morrigan Korde
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:59:42 AM

Morrigan Corde is a perfect idea, since she's become incredibly popular recently. Let's go with that, unless anyone has an objection.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:26:13 AM

I've gone from a "Probably" to a "Definetly." Very Excited :D
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:40:27 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
I've gone from a "Probably" to a "Definetly." Very Excited :D
ThumbsUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:13:54 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Morrigan Corde is a perfect idea, since she's become incredibly popular recently. Let's go with that, unless anyone has an objection.

I'd vote for Malgus. Corde has Nyna.

But a custom as a prize is a great idea.
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:16:42 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Corde has Nyna.

The two personas don't look alike, though. It'd be like having A'Sharad hett as a Krayt proxy-functional but better to have the real thing. Just my .02.
Hinkbert
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:24:05 AM

I can work up a Korde pretty easily to provide as prize support. Heck I could just donate the one I already have if you'd like
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 1:24:25 PM

Hinkbert wrote:
I can work up a Korde pretty easily to provide as prize support. Heck I could just donate the one I already have if you'd like

I've got one coming from DB53, although if you're willing it would be cool to have more than one custom for prizes. Andy said he might be able to donate a few of his.
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 4:51:13 AM

Updates: I didn't even think about bringing this up, out of my own idiocy. Events at DoK tend to run past store hours, and since the gaming room is in a semi-separate building from the store (attached room in the back that can only be entered by non-store personnel through an outside door) the events don't have to stop when the store closes.

I was just at DoK (well, before I left for vacation last week) and they had a lot more packs out. It seems they had a lot more in the back and put them out once the tourny was set up. Sorry Hink, I forgot to look for A&E. Crying

And lastly, I forget who it was that suggested this (probably Darth Jim, he's been extremely helpful) but does a $15 entry fee, for store credit prizes, sound good to everyone?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 8:34:20 AM

$15 sounds fine with me. AndyHatton mentioned a couple former players that might come - hopefully that price wouldn't dissuade them.

In the past for prizes, we've had open boxes (bought with the prize money) and then everyone picks a piece one at a time in order of finish. I think that worked well. Winners get the better pieces, but nobody walks out empty-handed. It would be easy to add the customs and the group of minis from open boxes into one group. That way the winners can choose which custom they want, or go after a VR they're missing from an open box if they prefer that. Just my $.02.

Hinkbert
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 4:24:25 AM

$15 is a good (and also standard) amount.

It would be awesome if we could pull in some old players too.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:54:54 PM

If Hinkbert is looking for A&E it looks like they had a few (my GF is teaching an art class in Newark and I asked her to check for me since it is only a block from the class.)

I'm still working on two members of my old play group. 1 is a maybe-probably, 1 is still unknown. I'm pretty optimistic though. :D
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:28:15 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:

In the past for prizes, we've had open boxes (bought with the prize money) and then everyone picks a piece one at a time in order of finish. I think that worked well. Winners get the better pieces, but nobody walks out empty-handed. It would be easy to add the customs and the group of minis from open boxes into one group. That way the winners can choose which custom they want, or go after a VR they're missing from an open box if they prefer that. Just my $.02.

That sounds like a good idea, but three issues

1) Where are we going to find a box for anything close to MSRP? Razz
2) Even if we do, it might be hard to find a set that everyone wants. By this point after the game's end I think most of us have begun to finish up our collections.
3) I'd really rather buy at least some store credit, since that was originally the diea and what I told DoK we'd be doing.
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:28:59 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
If Hinkbert is looking for A&E it looks like they had a few (my GF is teaching an art class in Newark and I asked her to check for me since it is only a block from the class.)

Cool, I'm guessing she's at the Arts Alliance building next to the comic book store?
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:32:25 PM

corranhorn wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

Cool, I'm guessing she's at the Arts Alliance building next to the comic book store?

Yes Indeedy