RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo you up, boom! How wude.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Delaware Regional Options
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:59:09 PM
Groups: Member

By the way, here's a link to the thread for last year's event, if anyone is interested:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=11048
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:00:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

corranhorn wrote:
Attendee list as of now - names are present when I'm not sure of the username of the person

Jason and Lou from Michigan - possibly - Darth Jim told me they contacted him about coming tand staying with him, as they do for his local regional, not sure whether that panned out

Josh (from Darth Jim's playgroup, IINM) - probably, from what Darth Jim has told me

thereisnotry - most likely

corranhorn/Tim/the dude writin' this post - definitely, unless I'm hit by a bus or AndyHatton's girlfriend attacks me Razz

Andy's mysterious friends - 1 maybe, leaning towards probably, 1 unknown

FlyingArrow - most likely

AndyHatton - definitely

DARPH NADER - not sure that he's given an updated status (I might have missed it), possible

Other guys from DN's playgroup - possible

Hink - most likely

Darth Jim - will be there in spirit. He's been an enormous help to me in setting this up. Thanks man!

Did I miss anyone?

LeftiesWillRule set up last year's. If anyone knows him personally, I bet he'd show up if given a slight nudge.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:25:09 PM

He messaged me the other day in response to my inquiry from a while back and I mentioned it to him then, he didn't respond after that though so I don't know if he was interested
Hinkbert
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:58:08 AM

corranhorn wrote:
Attendee list as of now - names are present when I'm not sure of the username of the person

Jason and Lou from Michigan - possibly - Darth Jim told me they contacted him about coming tand staying with him, as they do for his local regional, not sure whether that panned out

Josh (from Darth Jim's playgroup, IINM) - probably, from what Darth Jim has told me

thereisnotry - most likely

corranhorn/Tim/the dude writin' this post - definitely, unless I'm hit by a bus or AndyHatton's girlfriend attacks me Razz

Andy's mysterious friends - 1 maybe, leaning towards probably, 1 unknown

FlyingArrow - most likely

AndyHatton - definitely

DARPH NADER - not sure that he's given an updated status (I might have missed it), possible

Other guys from DN's playgroup - possible

Hink - most likely

Darth Jim - will be there in spirit. He's been an enormous help to me in setting this up. Thanks man!

Did I miss anyone?

I'm definitely coming. And I'm Josh btw (from Jim's group) so Hink/Hinkbert = Josh
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:05:39 AM

Well that certainly explains a lot. Flapper
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:40:29 AM

I might be able to get one friend to come, not sure yet. Updated the players list.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:20:15 AM

I'm a Definite, assuming that everything happens according to my design.
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:50:59 AM

Great, updated! ThumpUp
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:51:54 AM

Corranhorn came up from Delaware and Andy Hatton from Philly for some practice time with me, Hinkbert, and Bobby, a local guy. Nice to meet Corranhorn (Tim) although after his flat tire experience coming up I'm calling him CorranSledge. Good luck to you all and I'm sorry I can't be there.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:39:10 PM

CorranSledge sounds kinda cool, actually. Like if Corran Horn became half cyborg and had a sledgehammer for a hand. Or something. Flapper

Anyway, important info! Didn't think about this until Andy and Josh mentioned it (or something related). Do not park in the nearby Burger King parking lot. It is HUGE, way too big for a Burger King, and very inviting, but they tow. Many an unwary gamer has fallen into that trap. Also, there is a parking lot in front of the game room behind Days of Knights.

PM me and I'll send you my cell phone number. Just call me or Days of Knights (number below) if you can't figure out where to go and I or the staff should be able to help.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:49:45 PM

corranhorn wrote:
CorranSledge sounds kinda cool, actually. Like if Corran Horn became half cyborg and had a sledgehammer for a hand. Or something. Flapper

Even better, if it was a LightSledgeHammer (TM me, can't have that one Lucasfilm)

corranhorn wrote:
Anyway, important info! Didn't think about this until Andy and Josh mentioned it (or something related). Do not park in the nearby Burger King parking lot. It is HUGE, way too big for a Burger King, and very inviting, but they tow. Many an unwary gamer has fallen into that trap.

ITS A TRAP.

Ok I will read that 18 times, not remember any of the info and panickingly call you day of the tournament. Sound good?
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:08:11 AM

Also, here's a link to he directions from DoK's site:

http://www.daysofknights.com/directions.html
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:38:45 PM

Here's better directions. Also, an update:

Do not park in the adjacent lot I mentioned Checked in today for the first time in a few weeks and pparently they now tow.

Directions:
The Days of Knights parking lot is located behind the store. While DOK is on Main Street, the parking lot entrance is on South Chapel Street. The DOK "clubhouse" is at the far end of the parking lot. DOK has three parking spaces along the clubhouse wall and four more which are perpendicular to the first three. They are the closest spaces to DOK along the fence of the parking lot. We can double park at four of these spaces (at least) since we’ll be at DOK together.
We can also park at any of the spaces along the fence that do not have a sign for another business until about 4:00 pm. when one of the restaurants starts to need them. The cars in those spaces can then be moved to Main Street in front of the store (metered parking) or to a municipal parking lot 2 blocks farther along Main Street.
If you have any trouble finding DOK, call the store at 302- 366- 0963.
To get to DOK’s parking lot from Main Street (Rt. 273), you turn left onto S. Chapel Street then immediately turn right into the parking lot. (S. Chapel Street is the first traffic light after you pass Newark Shopping Center on your right.) Since Main Street in downtown Newark is one way, and DOK is about 5 stores farther down Main Street, you will not see the store itself before you turn on S. Chapel Street for the parking lot.
If you do pass the DOK (on your left), just turn left into the alley, make your way through that parking lot, and exit left onto Delaware Avenue. Make a left at the first intersection and you’ll be on S. Chapel Street. Make a left into the parking lot before the first intersection (which will be Main Street and S. Chapel).
To get to DOK’s parking lot from North Chapel Street, you cross Main Street (Rt. 273) and immediately turn right into the parking lot. (You will be on South Chapel Street once you cross Main Street.)
To get to a municipal parking lot, pass DOK and continue on Main Street. You’ll see signs on the right for the lot which is two blocks away. The Main Street entrance is closed as of this week so you’ll follow the signs another block and make a right off Main Street. The lot is right there.
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:44:18 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

Even better, if it was a LightSledgeHammer (TM me, can't have that one Lucasfilm)

Woot

Quote:

corranhorn wrote:
Anyway, important info! Didn't think about this until Andy and Josh mentioned it (or something related). Do not park in the nearby Burger King parking lot. It is HUGE, way too big for a Burger King, and very inviting, but they tow. Many an unwary gamer has fallen into that trap.

ITS A TRAP.

Ok I will read that 18 times, not remember any of the info and panickingly call you day of the tournament. Sound good?

It's a plan!
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:47:27 PM

PMed everyone who said they were coming plus DN, who I'm not clear about, with this info, to make sure they see it.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:57:00 AM

corranhorn wrote:
PMed everyone who said they were coming plus DN, who I'm not clear about, with this info, to make sure they see it.
You didn't PM me. I guess I'm not important... Crying

Seriously, thank you very much for warning us about this; leaving a tournament to discover that my car was towed...that would not be pleasant. I might go all Sith Rage on somebody.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:55:02 AM

Hm. I didn't get a PM either.
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:41:45 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

I ended up only sending it to Hinkbert despite adding everyone else's names on it somwhow. Sad Oh, Bloo Milk, you know I love you, but...Anyway, resent it to everyone else.

Quote:

Seriously, thank you very much for warning us about this; leaving a tournament to discover that my car was towed...that would not be pleasant. I might go all Sith Rage on somebody.

I'm just sorry I didn't think to warn you guys sooner! Scared
Hinkbert
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:43:43 PM

corranhorn wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

I ended up only sending it to Hinkbert despite adding everyone else's names on it somwhow. Sad Oh, Bloo Milk, you know I love you, but...Anyway, resent it to everyone else.

Quote:

I'm just sorry I didn't think to warn you guys sooner! Scared

Which is funny cause to the best of my knowledge I'm the only other person whose been to this store.....

Oh irony.

Anyway, I'm super stoked and looking forward to this! Woot!
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:48:54 PM

corranhorn wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

To my knowledge, that feature has never worked correctly, sorry to say. Sad