Quote:
41 points
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 20
Attack: 13
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Rapport (Characters named Echani Handmaiden cost 1 less when on a squad with this character)

Force Powers
Force 5
Force Meditation (Force 1, replaces turn: For the rest of the round, this character gains the following Force ability: Allied characters get +4 Attack and enemy characters get -4 Attack)
Lightsaber Deflect (Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Lightsaber Riposte (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker)

Commander Effect
Characters in your squad named Echani Handmaiden get +4 Attack and +10 Damage.

In some ways Atris is weirdly similar to Prince Xizor, a 40 point commander who sits out the back chilling, while boosting a specific set of followers. But she's a much stronger piece - she has enough damage to be a decent cleanup fighter, while she also has Force Meditation, so she's actually doing something constructive while she's sitting there.

UrbanJedi has been phenomenally successful in tournament play with a squad based around Atris, winning three consecutive Michigan Regionals:
Quote:
41 Atris
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
66 Echani Handmaiden x3
21 General Veers
15 Jabba, Crime Lord
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Rodian Brute
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(200pts. 12 activations)

This is far and away the most successful Handmaiden squad, although they are potentially viable in a couple of other factions too - Old Republic and Republic both have some things to offer them, and Old Republic Echani even cracked the GenCon Top 8 in 2012. It's worth noting that since her CE for Handmaidens doesn't hand out a named ability, it doesn't stack with some other CEs - for instance, it doesn't work with straight damage boosts from popular pieces like Darth Bandon and Talon Karrde Information Broker.

She's also seen some play in tank squads in the Republic, using her Force Meditation to bump pieces to crazy stats. You can stack her, GOWK's CE, and Luminara JM and Barris JK's synergy, meaning that Luminara can get to a whopping 36 defense in cover. Your opponent can bring in reinforcements to counter the insane defense (R4, Wicket), and it hasn't really endured as a strong squad type at 200 points, but it could get nasty at higher point costs.

Atris is a strong piece who's taken Echani Handmaidens from being a marginally useful fringe shooter to being a strong competitive option, 9/10.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, April 1, 2014 7:11:21 PM
Groups: Member

I agree, a decent fighter who boost the Echani to Competitive levels, I like Force Mediation, I haven't used her much, but she's pretty good. 8/10
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:28:24 AM

I like that her meditation works on droids as well. Makes her pretty powerful.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:45:59 AM

Don't forget the Echani's only GenCon top 8 appearance was 2012 with Jak's OR Echanis. 4 Echanis, Atris, Bastilla + filler.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:28:06 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Don't forget the Echani's only GenCon top 8 appearance was 2012 with Jak's OR Echanis. 4 Echanis, Atris, Bastilla + filler.

Fair enough, I do think Old Republic are their second best faction.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:29:15 AM

Commando Droid, from Galaxy at War (http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/848/commando-droid)

Quote:
17 points, Separatist
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 16
Attack: 7
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
Squad Firepower (+10 Damage while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, it makes 1 extra attack against the same target)

Like a lot of WOTC Separatist Droids, the Commando Droid suffers from the comparison to the Fringe IG-86. While they do offer slightly different things, they're exactly the same cost, and the IG-86 is clearly better; it has twice as many hit points, +2 defense, +2 attack, and opportunist, and can access twin easily. Like any Separatist Droid, there are ways to boost the Commando Droid, but with 30 hit points and no defensive abilities, it's not going to stick around long enough to set up for Double/Twins or pull off squad firepower. I'm amazed these came out as late as Galaxy At War - they seem way way underpowered for that era, and could have at least used Stealth and 50 hit points. 1/10.
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:20:55 PM

You're being generous with that 2. I give them a 1. At the time, anything that benifited these bozos also helped the IG-86's.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:23:42 PM

juice man wrote:
You're being generous with that 2. I give them a 1. At the time, anything that benifited these bozos also helped the IG-86's.

Yeah, you're probably right. I think even 2 Clone Trooper Gunners would have a chance of taking him. Amended! Maybe deserves a 2 in terms of overall power level, although 30hp on a 17 point piece with no other defense is problematic, but the total redundancy is a major issue. V-set designers were right to replace them with the much better BX Series Commandos, which work completely differently than an IG-86, so aren't competing with it. I think almost every Sep droid suffers in comparison to the IG-86, it's just very explicit for these guys since the Commando Droids 17 points.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:46:48 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The Commando Droid is just one of many WotC disappointments. Not only because they're a crappy piece, but because they're a crappy representation.
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:48:13 PM

Buying a Galaxy at War case is depressing, because you end up with 8 Commando Droids. They are so bad compared to IG-86s.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:20:52 PM

General Rom Mohc, from Renegades and Rogues

Quote:
39 points, Imperial
Hit Points: 90
Defense: 18
Attack: 11
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Damage Reduction 10 (Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Missiles 20 (Replaces attacks: sight; 20 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11)
Rapport (A character whose name contains Dark Trooper costs 1 less when in the same squad with this character)

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to this effect: Allies whose names contain Dark Trooper get +4 Attack and gain Advanced Shields 2.

Dark Troopers had been trickling out in different sets during WOTC, and while they weren't quite the bottom echelon of WOTC pieces, as Imperial droids they had very little support. Rom Mohc is a specific commander for the Dark Troopers, giving them +4 attack and Advanced Shields 2. Because of their negligible damage output, Dark Troopers are still realistically a Tier 2 build (sorry Sithborg!), but they can be a nuisance to take down with the Shields. Rom Mohc is a good shooter, who takes Dark Troopers out of the EBoD, and he's a nice addition to the game; not everything needs to be Tier 1. 6/10
Cassus fett
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:54:55 PM

First off i must comment that picking CS durge as the proxy was wierd when you've got the Dark trooper phase 3. But that is probably becasue the phase 3 is the only worth while dark trooper ever made, so thats what you'll be running and it"ll get confusing differentiating. From the ground up he was clearly designed to boost phase 3s (which is good becasue i've always liked them but they were overcosted for what they did. The attack bonus helps with the rather low attack on the Phase 3, and Adv Shields helps with survivability, but that -1 rapport does nothing to help costs (oooo 3 pahses 3's not cost 72 instead of 75, so an extra ugnaught) On his own mister mhoc is okay. Yeah just okay, respectable stats nothing super crazy, flight, missiles, twin he can scrub kill, crowd control and maybe put so damage on a bigger guy but at the end of the day he's just meh. This is becasue even with him dark troopers are still not a viable build (competitivley, feel free to prove me wrong) yeah he finally makes them better but there still just not good enough. End of the day i give him a 5/10 a solid multi function piece but still just average
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:04:48 PM

Cassus fett wrote:
But that is probably becasue the phase 3 is the only worth while dark trooper ever made, so thats what you'll be running and it"ll get confusing differentiating. From the ground up he was clearly designed to boost phase 3s (which is good becasue i've always liked them but they were overcosted for what they did. The attack bonus helps with the rather low attack on the Phase 3, and Adv Shields helps with survivability, but that -1 rapport does nothing to help costs.

The Purge Trooper from Renegades and Rogues is OK too, I reckon. I do agree that a bigger rapport might have been a good idea in hindsight, or that Rom Mohc could have been a little cheaper himself, but he's still a nice enough piece. There could always be another boost for Dark Troopers down the line, it wouldn't be surprising given their biggest enthusiast is a designer.
Cassus fett
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 2:19:36 PM

^ agreeded 100%. (My secret hope that Darktroopers get boosted some more down the line)
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:51:23 PM

General Whorm Loathsom, from Galaxy at War (http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/853/general-whorm-loathsom)

Quote:
20 points, Separatist
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 17
Attack: 11
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Unique

Commander Effect
Droids are subject to this effect: Followers within 6 squares gain Twin Attack.

In terms of power, Whorm is off the charts. He hands out twin indiscriminately to all followers, fringe and Separatist, living and droids, with his uber CE. Plus he's got good stats and hit points for a commander, making him a competent fodder shooter. Whorm is obviously a power 10 piece, maybe even a 12 or 13, but as a protest I do think it's an inelegant and lazy design, just throwing twin over an entire faction - although it does suit the Seps play mode of massive firepower and limited mobility. But Whorm seriously limits design of future pieces - it means the v-set designers have to make sure each potentially strong Fringe piece either has twin already, a CE, or Single Shot Blaster, so it doesn't become overpowered with Whorm in Seps. 11/10 (for power, not for good design.......).
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 7:54:24 PM

Completely agree. On top of that, it's on... Whorm. Whorm? How about making the power piece someone we actually want to see on the board every single game.
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:17:07 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Completely agree. On top of that, it's on... Whorm. Whorm? How about making the power piece someone we actually want to see on the board every single game.

I also totally agree. Whorm just wasn't important enough to be handing out one of the best CE's in the game.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:20:49 AM

Sith General, from Scum and Villainy (http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1185/sith-general)

Quote:
19 points, Sith
Hit Points: 40
Defense: 16
Attack: 7

Special Abilities
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)

Commander Effect
Trooper followers within 6 squares ignore cover when choosing targets with a Force rating.

They don't all have to be power pieces - let's face it, everyone who plays Sith wants to play the sexy beatsticks (Bane! Caedus! Revan!), so while the Sith General provides some support for Sith troopers, I doubt it gets a lot of play. The Sith General provides a very niche commander effect, and I can't see it getting much use at 200 points. If you are running Sith Troopers, probably a Sith Trooper Captain (from KOTOR) and Grand Admiral Rulf Yage (GARY) with Gloom Walkers or Elite Gunners is the way to go. 3/10.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:26:29 AM

He costs too much. 14-15 would have been good, IMO.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:36:02 AM

His commander effect is the best part about him, but it's too situational to be useful. Might be somewhat playable if the Sith had reinforcements or a Pellaeon type ability.