Quote:
13 points, Republic
Hit Points: 40
Defense: 15
Attack: 7
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Order 66
Defensive Stance +2 (+2 Defense while activated)
Difficult Target +2 (+2 Defense against nonadjacent enemies)
Draw Fire (If an enemy targets an ally within 6 squares of this character, you may force that enemy to target this character instead if it can; save 11)
Protective +10 (+10 Damage while a wounded ally with a Force rating is within 6 squares)

Commander Wolffe came up a couple of days ago - the Wolfpack Troopers are obviously linked closely with him, they deserve the same rating, and you can go back a page to read his description for details. One neat SA the Wolfpack Troopers have is Protective +10 - it's excellent synergy with their Jedi Bodyguard, since they'll generally be within 6 of a Jedi if they're being used as a bodyguard. 7/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 5:39:07 PM
Groups: Member

General Aayla Secura, from The Clone Wars

Quote:
50 points, Republic
Hit Points: 100
Defense: 22
Attack: 12

Special Abilities
Unique
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)
Double Attack (On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)

Force Powers
Force 4
Force Cloak (Force 2, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains Cloaked)
Lightsaber Deflect (Force 1: When hit by a nonmelee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

Commander Effect
Allied characters with Order 66 gain Double Attack.

Hey, the randomiser has generated another high costing Jedi who hands out an extra attack. Like the Jedi Exile and Krayt, Aayla Secura can be tough to fit into a squad - at 50 points, she has excellent ranged defense with Force Cloak and deflect, as well as a 22 defense. But she doesn't have anything to protect herself against melee, and her 100 hit points are also low for her cost, although Cunning does make her a respectable damage dealer. But most telling of all is that her Commander Effect only helps a small sub-set of pieces - there aren't that many Order 66 pieces who really benefit from Double Attack. It's not worth giving it to vanilla Clone Troopers, other good Order 66 pieces like Captain Rex and the Repeating Blaster guys already have it, although there are certainly some worthy beneficiaries like the original Republic Commandos and ARC Trooper Captain Fordo. Her double attack CE obviously synergises well with Rex's GMA CE, and a good non-unique Clone with twin might be enough for her to see some game time, but right now she feels over-costed with not enough worthy recipients for her CE. 5/10.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 6:03:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I liked her a lot back in the day, but now if I want the CE I'll spend the points for Obi-Wan, Jedi General and if I want Aayla I'll go with the JK version who is great.

Another Commander she can synergize with is Commander Cody, CC-2224, give folks Triple standing still. (Who does make regular clones cheaper to make them 7 point Triple attackers)

I think the best recipients of her CE you didn't mention are ARC Snipers and Courscant Guards.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2015 6:31:19 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
Another Commander she can synergize with is Commander Cody, CC-2224, give folks Triple standing still. (Who does make regular clones cheaper to make them 7 point Triple attackers)

I was kind of thinking that she's competing with Cody - it's pretty hard to squeeze both in a squad, especially as they don't help each other. Could look at it either way though, depending on your perspective. And Flobi is probably the strongest of the three, but even then he's probably more of a 7 or 8.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:50:30 PM

Old Ben Kenobi, from Bounty Hunter's Challenge

Quote:
100 points, Rebel
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 22
Attack: 15

Special Abilities
Unique
Triple Attack (On his turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving)
Force Ascetic (Cannot spend Force points to reroll or move faster)
Master Slicer (Replaces attacks: This turn, this character can ignore doors while moving)
Protective +20 (+20 Damage while a wounded ally whose name contains Luke or Leia is within 6 squares)
Soresu Style Mastery (When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

Force Powers
Force 3
Force Renewal 2 (This character gets 2 Force points each time he activates)
Master of the Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn)
Force Alter (Force 1: range 6; any 1 enemy rerolls its last attack)
Force Heal 40 (Force 2, replaces attacks: touch; remove 40 damage from a living character)
Force Push 3 (Force 3, replaces turn: range 6; 30 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target, and push back target and each character adjacent to that target 3 squares if Huge or smaller)
Force Spirit 12 (If this character is defeated, immediately add 12 Force points to an ally with a Force rating; that ally can spend Force points 1 extra time per turn for the rest of the skirmish)
Jedi Mind Trick 3 (Force 3, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; target living enemy and each living enemy adjacent to that target are considered activated this round and cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn; save 16)

Commander Effect
Unique allies with a Force rating within 6 squares get +4 Attack.

Allies with a Force rating can spend this character's Force points, but cannot combine them with their own.

In the grand scheme of things, Old Ben Kenobi is arguably one of the weaker Bounty Hunter Challenge pieces, and he's unlikely to ever make a GenCon top 8. But at the same time, there's lots of fun stuff on him. He's tanky with Soresu Style Mastery, even though Force Ascetic limits its effectiveness. With Triple and Protective +20, he can put on some serious damage standing still, especially as it gives him synergy with Princess Leia Rebel Commando whose CE also triggers on being wounded. Jedi Mind Trick 3 is dangerous, and Force Push gives him some direct damage. His +4 attack bonus is very helpful for the attack starved Rebels, as his force spirit 12, but his biggest issue is that it's difficult for him to use all his neat tricks in a 200 point squad - he can't fit in enough allies to take advantage of all his great bonuses like the attack bonus and the force battery. A build like this Kezzamachine one is probably about as strong as he gets:

Quote:
--Old Ben--
100 Old Ben Kenobi
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
15 Momaw Nadon
14 General Rieekan
8 R7 Astromech Droid
(200pts. 6 activations)

kezzamachine's Comment:
My LowerHuttaCon'2015 squad which went 2-2, with a narrow loss that I could have won. Went pretty good for a throw-together dose of fun! I could bring in Legacy Luke for some shooty fun, Commander Luke for Use-the-Forceness, Hoth Luke for Pushing, RC Luke for Lobbing, and Diplomat Leia for unstoppable CEs. Rule.

Old Ben Kenobi is fun, but is probably too limited to have an impact on competitive play - kezzamachine's 2-2 at LowerHuttACon notwithstanding. I can imagine him being very valuable in Epic play though, 6/10.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:25:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I took him to the PA Regional and went 2-2 with him as well

Hes a very fun piece!

--Last of the Jedi--
100 Old Ben Kenobi
44 Master Yoda
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
14 General Rieekan
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 9 activations)
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 12:57:51 PM

Kashyyyk Trooper, from Champions of the Force

Quote:
9 points, Republic
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 13
Attack: 6
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Order 66
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Mobile Attack (Can move both before and after attacking)

Double Attack and access to Order 66 synergies is enough to make the Kashyyk Trooper an interesting option. With Captain Rex, they can easily pick up Greater Mobile, and the attack of 6 is at least enough to make them a decent fodder shooter. 9 points for a 10 hit point piece is still light, and they've barely been used in the squad builder in the post WOTC era, but there's at least a little potential there. 5/10.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:36:53 PM

I used to run these guys with the czerka scientist back in the day. Was totally fun, but not competitive in the least. Way to easy to take out the czerka scientist without a decent BG.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:24:16 PM

Mando wrote:
I used to run these guys with the czerka scientist back in the day. Was totally fun, but not competitive in the least. Way to easy to take out the czerka scientist without a decent BG.

Do you think 5 is too high? I think double attack is pretty handy with Rex around - means they can shoot a couple of Ugnaughts or something. But they're still unlikely to get on the table much.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:54:07 PM

These guys are some of the coolest non-competitive pieces ever. I like pieces like this that really only need one good Commander Effect (GMA in this case) to make them fairly self-sufficient, even if they aren't tournament-worthy. And anyways, that sculpts is amazing. Seriously, it's a camo ARF Trooper with two DC-15s. Can you get any cooler than that?
jak
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:25:16 PM

boogying down in camosThumbsUp
your dancing, but no one can tellWink
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:45:36 PM

SpecForce Infiltrator, from Vengeance

Quote:
15 points, Rebel
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 17
Attack: 8

Special Abilities
Ambush (This character can move and then make all his attacks against 1 enemy who has not activated this round)
Cloaked (If this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Master Slicer (Replaces attacks: This turn, this character can ignore doors while moving)

Non-unique Rebels aren't especially fashionable, but the SpecForce Infiltrator is a solid piece. With double and cunning, as well as a respectable attack of 8, it's a very solid shooter, especially when it also has easy access to twin from a SpecForce Technician and Opportunist from SpecForce Crix. And while it's fragile at 30 hit points, Cloaked helps it to stay safe, while it's also got some movement tricks with Slicer and Ambush. The Infiltrator is a very solid option in SpecForce squads, and is one of the Rebel's stronger non-unique options, 8/10.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:00:28 PM

One of my personal favorites. A self-contained, low cost but effective piece. I would totally run a squad with just Crix, a bunch of these guys, and a little bit of tech.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 4:12:06 AM

TheHutts wrote:
Mando wrote:

Do you think 5 is too high? I think double attack is pretty handy with Rex around - means they can shoot a couple of Ugnaughts or something. But they're still unlikely to get on the table much.

5 is about right i think. They just cost to much for what they bring. I do like their base 6 attack and double when it comes to taking out fodder, its just since they came out there are much options that have more hp and def (like Momaw Nadon) that can clear fodder better.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 4:21:59 PM

Jocasta Nu, from Warfare and Subterfuge

Quote:
34 points, Republic
Hit Points: 70
Defense: 20
Attack: 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack (On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Overconfident (Whenever this character makes a successful save, she gets -1 to save rolls for the rest of the skirmish. This effect is cumulative.)
Secret Passage (Replaces attacks: touch; A living Republic ally with an equal or lower point cost and a lightsaber gains Force Phase until the end of the round)

Force Powers
Force 4
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Lightsaber Precision (Force 1: This character gets +10 Damage on her next attack)

Republic are the movement faction, and Jocasta Nu is an interesting addition to this. She's a fairly bland Jedi apart from her Secret Passage force power. This provides some interesting options for the Republic - while they already have access to Force Phase through The Dark Woman and Joruus' force power sharing, Jocasta Nu provides some new angles to it. She can give Force Phase to any Republic ally with a lightsaber who costs 34 points or less, so they're interesting scope for sending a piece like v-set Aayla or Serra Keto through a wall to attack someone; you could do this before with Joruus, but it is cheaper with Jocasta. Even more interestingly, you can use Force Phase with Foul Moudama so that he can Master Lift another piece of his choice through walls - so you can get Mace LotLS or Yobuck into your opponent's backend. Jocasta is expensive - if you're not using Secret Passage she is well overcosted - but movement tricks are so vital in this game that there are certainly competitive possibilities for her. 8/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 4:39:18 PM

Reek, from Universe

Quote:
51 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 200
Defense 17
Attack: 12

Special Abilities
Savage (This character must end its move next to an enemy if it can and does not benefit from commander effects)
Charging Assault +20 (Replaces turn: Can move up to double speed, then make an attack at +20 Damage against an adjacent enemy)

Huge base, melee, Savage, bad stats. The only noteworthy aspect of the Reek is the 200 hit points, but even then it's so weak in every other aspect that it's useless. The Reek stinks, 1/10.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:30:18 PM

TheHutts wrote:
The Reek stinks, 1/10.

That was so cheesy, I was really tempted to not even acknowledge it LOL
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:03:16 PM

Interestingly enough though, back in the day I thought the reek was the strongest of the three. Still screwed being a melee huge, but the far better Ani/Pad on reek is easily better. Melee huges need some sort of ranged ability (screech, flamethrower, blaster, hurl rock, grab, melee reach 3 or more etc...).

Unrelated note I think Old Ben Kenobi is actually fairly good. He is pricey but crazy powerful with wounded Leia's CE and/or Yoda. He's well designed and can have Lightsaber Defense, evade and SSM in the same squad. Uber Defense tank
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 4:01:26 PM

Jagged Fel, from Legacy of the Force

Quote:
10 points, Imperial
Hit Points: 60
Defense: 17
Attack: 8

Special Abilities
Unique
Pilot
Affinity (May be in a New Republic squad)
Gregarious (+4 Attack if an ally is within 6 squares)

Commander Effect
Pilot followers gain Gregarious.

Jagged Fel is played mostly for his commander effect, which is a great boost if you're playing any pilot followers. It's common to see him in a New Republic squad just to boost the attack of Dash Rendar Renegade Smuggler, but he's so cheap at 10 points that he's worth throwing into almost any Imperial or New Republic squad with pilot followers; another synergy is to use Chewbacca Galactic Hero to make Han Galactic Hero a pilot and gain access to Gregarious. As well as his commander effect, he's also surprisingly robust for 10 points; his 60 hit points are certainly a statistical outlier (imagine a 60 point piece having 360 hit points), and he's a competent fodder shooter with a potential +12 attack. Jagged Fel is a steal at 10 points, and will find his way into most New Republic and Imperial pilot builds, 9/10.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 4:28:38 PM

He's even better than ever now that he boosts every single unique in the NR