RegisterDonateLogin

Twice the pride, double the fall.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 14 official list Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 4:18:33 PM
Groups: Member

Has everything been spoiled at this point?
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 4:34:55 PM

Last preview is Thurs night
shmi15
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 9:20:41 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Dark Allure is under review, fyi.

With ll do respect, what is their to review? To the best of my knowledge, you can not FORCE someone to move, and get an AoO. Thats why they reworded Darth Malgus to giving them savage, and forcing them to move on THEIR turn. There shouldn't be anything to review at all. It should not, in any way, force AoO.

My main reason for not wanting this, is if Sith are givin an ability like this, then we will not see another competitive Sith piece for a while, for fear of "breaking" that character. This is very, very dangerous grounds to walk on. And as much as I am for making the Sith more competitive than what they are, this is not a route to go with it. I applaud the effort. But again, there is nothing to review. The precedent is set. It has been set with WoTC and the V-sets. If we start changing these fundamentals of the game, then there will bo ZERO excuse for changing any other fundamentals in the future.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:58:04 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Has everything been spoiled at this point?

they have to meCool
what do you want to know?Blink
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:55:49 PM

Last figure to be spoiled - tonight on the SHNN!
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:34:06 PM

Sith Holocron

Who used the Lightsaber Throw granted to the Sith Holocron in Play Testing?

Dark Allure
When you move adjacent can you move to any square that is adjacent?

You can only choose a unique ally once per skirmish? like the first round I can choose Maul but the second i can't I have to choose Warb Null and than the third I have to choose Cognus?

urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:53:06 PM

SithBot wrote:
Sith Holocron

You can only choose a unique ally once per skirmish? like the first round I can choose Maul but the second i can't I have to choose Warb Null and than the third I have to choose Cognus?

Not sure I understand the question.

Each character cannot have more than 1 Holocron attached to them at a time. It seems that is your question.

So I could, attach to say Maul in Rd 1, then later attach to Dooku in rd 2 (if he was adjacent), then back to Maul in rd 3, etc. Or if I had 2 Holocrons, I could attach one to Maul and one to Dooku and if the one attached to Maul got defeated, I could attach the other one to him later if he was adjacent to the second one at a later point in the game.
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:54:23 PM

Unkarr plutt.
Wager before initiative roll you can activate a unique to repress all initiative powers. Choose a single digit number
does not contain that number than you get -9 to your initiative.. if it does contain that number they get-9 to their initiative roll.

Wouldn't you always choose the number 1?

He also had a word form of reserves 12. If you have 5 or more less sactivation you can bring in 12 points of non unique fringe

He also stops all conartist
He gives thugs it's a trap and mighty swing
Pretty sure Chewbacca tops off unkarr's arm
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:56:02 PM

SithBot wrote:
Sith Holocron

Dark Allure

This works just like Force Pull (although still waiting on whether it generates AoOs or not), so yes, any legal adjacent spot
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:57:20 PM

SithBot wrote:
Unkarr plutt.
Wager before initiative roll you can activate a unique ally under 10 to repress all initiative powers.

Any Unique ally (not any specific cost) although most people will use Salacious, Mas, Ozzel, etc
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:04:09 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
SithBot wrote:
Sith Holocron

Dark Allure

This works just like Force Pull (although still waiting on whether it generates AoOs or not), so yes, any legal adjacent spot

I thought force pull was different and has to be shortest route
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:07:15 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
SithBot wrote:
Sith Holocron

Each character cannot have more than 1 Holocron attached to them at a time. It seems that is your question.

So I could, attach to say Maul in Rd 1, then later attach to Dooku in rd 2 (if he was adjacent), then back to Maul in rd 3, etc. Or if I had 2 Holocrons, I could attach one to Maul and one to Dooku and if the one attached to Maul got defeated, I could attach the other one to him later if he was adjacent to the second one at a later point in the game.

The holocron says attach to someone you have not chosen or something..
Can I stay attached to the holding the entire have with the same person?
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:19:25 PM

SithBot wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
SithBot wrote:
Sith Holocron

The holocron says attach to someone you have not chosen or something..
Can I stay attached to the holding the entire have with the same person?

Yes
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:21:43 AM

SithBot wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
SithBot wrote:
Sith Holocron

Dark Allure

I thought force pull was shortest rope as well.

Unkarr as a soft counter to reserves....
I don't know if he is.
But man what a confusing and laborious piece. Still get minus 9 for init roll alot.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 3:44:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

SithBot wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
SithBot wrote:
Sith Holocron

Dark Allure

You can choose any adjacent square but have to take the shortest route to that square.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:04:04 AM

Quote:
21/30

Unkar Plutt
Fringe
Cost 18
Rare

HP 50
Def 16
Att +5
Dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique. Thug

It's a Trap! [Enemies with Stealth within 6 squares lose Stealth]

Junk Boss[Enemy and allied characters lose Con Artist]

Local Reserves 12 [Not usable if this character is a Reinforcement or if an ally can lower the number of activations in a phase. Immediately before the first initiative roll of the skirmish, if your opponent's squad contains at least five more characters than yours, you can add up to 12 points of non-Unique Fringe characters to your squad]

Mighty Swing [On his turn, if this character doesn't move, he gets +10 Damage against adjacent enemies]

Rival [Cannot be in a squad with any character with Tactics Broker]

Wager [Usable once per round, before rolling initiative: Choose 1 Unique ally and a single digit number; that ally is considered activated and other characters' abilities and commander effects that modify initiative are suppressed this round. Unless you roll a 1, if your opponent's initiative roll ends with the chosen number, subtract 9 from their roll; otherwise subtract 9 from your initiative roll.]

Commander Effect
Allies whose name contains Thug gain It's a Trap! and Mighty Swing.

"What you've brought me . . . One Quarter Portion!"

RM: GHA GNACHKT (CW)

So - what the what? 'Splain dis!

OK!

Unkar was initially conceived as a multiple counter piece, but has disadvantages to using the counter.

I'll start with the easy stuff -

Thug. ---> (probably obvious, but . . .) A character whose name contains Thug or has the Thug special ability. In other words, the start of a new little subfaction. Probably won't ever be a full subfaction (like an entire squad of all thugs), but it might be fun to give thugs as a group little bonuses now and then.

It's a trap and mighty swing ---> To give out via CE to Thugs. Mostly flavor, having fun with the new tiny subfaction of "thugs"

Junk Boss ---> This went through a lot of iterations. This was intended to be a weak Marn soft counter. We had many ideas about effecting bribery. Some of them just ended up being different ways to steal characters, which is sort of like bribery, so kind of self defeating. Con Artist has been strongly disliked since its inception, and so we focused on that. Again, many ideas - but in the end, we just went with the most simple straightforward counter: Everyone loses con artist. (Hey - Sidious Fans - Bring Unkar and Marn can't single handedly nerf all your force powers!!!)

Local Reserves 12 ----> Weak out-activation help. So you have to bring him in your base squad here, and you can't have an ally that lowers activations (San, Dodonna, Ozzel, etc). Then - if you are heavily out-activated (5 or more characters behind) - then you get a little bonus of 12pts of fringe reserves. Perhaps a couple THUGS? Wink It won't let you out activate your opponent (you can only get 4 characters max - that's why 12 was a chosen), but it will help close the gap.

Rival ----> Tactics broker would be abusive with Wager, you could turn on and off your kill switch. Besides - less MTB is probably good.

Wager ----> First off, how does it work? There's a lot of words there, and it makes it seem more difficult than it is. Before init, you declare if you are going to use the ability. If so, activate a unique ally for the round, and pick a number 0-9. All abilities and CEs that effect init on both sides are shut off for the round. Then roll init. Look at your opponents roll - if it ENDS with the number you chose (1 in 10 chance) - you guessed right! They subtract 9 from their roll. If you didn't get it right, you subtract 9 from your roll. It's as simple as that.

To reiterate - declare before init, activate a unique ally, pick a number 0-9, roll init. If correct opponent gets -9 to init. If incorrect you get -9.

What this is actually, is a weak init control counter. You'd really most likely never use it for init control (you get a -9 to your init most of the time, thus making your chances WORSE) . . . BUT - if your opponent has an MTB or Master tactician, you only have a 2.5% chance to win init normally. With this factored in, you actually have a reasonable shot to win init. Not a GREAT shot, but much better than you had before. If you peg the number (1 in 10 chance, that's already better odds than the 2.5% chance you have vs MTB or MT) - then your chance of winning init is pretty darn good. Assuming you don't peg the number, you still have a better chance to win init than the 2.5% chance vs MTB or MT. Overall, you increase your chances approximately 10 fold vs MTB or MT. It will make people think twice about risking losing init when usually they'd feel pretty secure.

Incidentally, this also reduces the chances to hit a reserves number. If someone gets reserves on 5,10,15,20 - you'll most likely pick 5 or 0, thus reducing the odds that they can get those reserves, but at a cost of most likely LOSING init and activating a unique.

So - that is this seemingly (or actually?) complicated character broken down. When in playtesting, virtually ever player came back and said - Wager is so much easier to understand than it looks like at first. The wording was tricky to get as concisely as possible, but the concept isn't that difficult.

Any questions?
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:29:15 AM

What are everyone's favorite pieces by looking at them?
Mine is ven zallow followed by that Mando piece with the granting attack at end of all are activated
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:33:52 AM

jen'ari wrote:
What are everyone's favorite pieces by looking at them?
Mine is ven zallow followed by that Mando piece with the granting attack at end of all are activated

That would be Venku Skirata ThumpUp
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:40:19 AM

Ven Zallow should be on everyone's list. ThumbsUp congrats there guys he is honestly the best piece I have seen come out period in any set including wizards.

where are lor tekka's stats?
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:43:07 AM

Ya she is awesome. (Cough* but that lightsaber should be a melee attack)

My most curious pieces to play are the holocrons and Jacen (wondering how well he will fair)