RegisterDonateLogin

Wonderful! You are now a part of the tribe. (Just what you always wanted.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 14 official list Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:52:38 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
Force Ascetic and Destiny of the Force makes sense to me. He was Force-attuned (or seemed to be) but not really a Force user. So he has Destiny of the Force to represent him being Force-attuned but can't use his Force for other things. Not sure why he has 3fp with Force Ascetic, though. What else can he do with that extra FP?

"I fear nothing. For all is as the Force wills it"

This is a quote that I think shows Destiny of the Force really well.

I think he was an active force user tbh. The way he sees should be usage of the force.

Force Sense fits well.

i guess I do not understand why Force Ascetic while giving him all these other ways to reroll attacks or get another save (rolling evade and evade stacking).
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:57:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mechanics-wise, Force Ascetic also helps because he only gets 2 rolls to evade shots. So a 25% chance each hit goes through instead of 12.5%.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:09:46 AM

If you give him normal evade and no ascetic he has one roll and than one reroll using a force point.

If you use rolling evade and have ascetic you get the one roll.
Than he gets Evade and gets another roll.

I guess you have to put Rieekan in the build, but what Rebel build does not have Rieekan?

So both situations have 2 rolls. The difference I see is that Rolling Evade is more powerful than regular Evade.

I am just saying, if the purpose to give him Force Ascetic is to show that he does not actively use the force than giving him all the rerolls kind of defeats the purpose.

I, for one, think he should be able to reroll. He was very adept at evading.
But as the force wills it.
Hmm... tough situation. How does one show the force using a Character?
Does the force use a character?
So he has to invoke the force with his belief. But can he use the force actively?
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:11:15 AM

SithBot wrote:
Chirrut Inwe Cost 22

HP 70
Def 18
Atk 6
Dam 10

Unique
Rogue One
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Force Ascetic (Cannot spend Force points to reroll or move faster)
Heavy Blaster 30
(Replaces Turn; sight, ignore cover, +8 attack at 30 damage, nonmelee)
Rolling Attacks (On his turn, each time this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, she can immediately move 2 squares and then make 1 attack against another adjacent enemy at +4 Attack without provoking an attack of opportunity)
Rolling Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, with a save of 11, this character takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 squares without provoking attacks of opportunity)
Synergy +2 atk +2 def Baze is within 6

Force 3

Destiny of the Force (Force 2, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following Force Ability: This character and allies may reroll each missed attack once against enemies within 6 squares of this character, except on a roll of 1)
Force Sense

Flavor Text
"I am one with the force and the force is with me."

Hmm... I hope this isn't what his card looks like. Unless Chirrut is the first transgender character in Star Wars, I'm confused why Rolling Attack calls him a "his" and a "she". I thought they were suppose to pick one and stick with it?

Ithorian Commander comes to mind for sure... I like all the bonuses..... But, my first complaint will be tho how slow of a game will this make for?

Ok, I'm attacking with Chirrut, I get +2 for this, +2 for that, +4 for this, and+2 for that. Wait, I'm not within 6, so subtract 2 from what I just added. Now my damage. +10, +10, wait Leia hasn't been damaged, -10 from that, but then add another +10.... But WAIT... Didn't a unique character die already? Ugh. It will be interesting seeing how long it takes to add all the bonuses up for each Rogue Ones attack/Damage. Might get 4 rounds in for a game.

But for all those players who love stating all their bonuses before each attack, they will have a field day. I can see their smiles now. " Ok I get +2 for this because of this, and I get another +2 because of this, oh and I forgot I get ANOTHER +4 because of this. Now My damage."

I love synergies, and love having squads work together. But this MAY.... Just MAYBE to overboard. Not a huge fan of him. But like with Baze, I don't think this should be the only version of Chirrut, so I will look forward to the next version of him.

Force Ascetic and Destiny of the Force I don't think work together, especially when he is suppose to be "One with the force". I get it tho function wise, because you don't want him Haunted with Mettle, and getting +4 to saves from Evade/Roling Evade. It just sounds funny to me saying a character can not spend force points to move faster (which, I would argue the Force IS what makes him move faster) But has an ability called Destiny of the Force, and has a flavor text claiming he is One With The Force. It just doesn't roll off the tongue.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:21:53 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Mechanics-wise, Force Ascetic also helps because he only gets 2 rolls to evade shots. So a 25% chance each hit goes through instead of 12.5%.

Even without it, he would of only got 3 rolls. Not sure what 1 extra roll would hurt? All you have to do is get adjacent to him. What shooter squad nowadays can not get adjacent to a melee character?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:25:16 AM

Lol he's trans. That's the best ever
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:38:12 AM

shmi15 wrote:

Hmm... I hope this isn't what his card looks like. Unless Chirrut is the first transgender character in Star Wars, I'm confused why Rolling Attack calls him a "his" and a "she". I thought they were suppose to pick one and stick with it?

This must be a transcribing error. The stats I posted did not say that and nor will the card.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:39:35 AM

I'm still curious to see reaction to the huge bomb of a preview we just dropped
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:47:06 AM

I talked to Sithbot, he said he copied and pasted the ability off of a different character and changed the first gender reference but failed to do the second one.
Addition: he also seems to suck with how to bold.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:51:36 AM

jen'ari wrote:
If you give him normal evade and no ascetic he has one roll and than one reroll using a force point.

If you use rolling evade and have ascetic you get the one roll.
Than he gets Evade and gets another roll.

That would have been so much simpler and eliminated the "doubling up" of the Evade abilities which is somewhat ridiculous. Then Rolling Evade could have just been (whenever this character successfully uses the Evade ability he may move up to 2 squares. this movement does not provoke AoO), but whatever...
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:01:44 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I'm still curious to see reaction to the huge bomb of a preview we just dropped

you mean Ven Zallow? I am surprised there wasn't more on him as well..ThumbsUp
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:03:44 AM

--Rogue One--
31 Jyn Erso
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
26 Captain Cassian Andor
25 Base Malbus
24 K-2SO
22 Chirrut Îmwe

14 General Rieekan
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
9 General Dodonna
9 R2-D2 (With Extended Sensor)

(199pts. 10 activations)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:11:23 AM

So what do people think of Us-hrok?
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:43:08 AM

Us-hrok is great, glad you cleaned up the wording. Like that you went with -2 instead of -1 in the Rapport, but I'm not overly excited that it locks you into carr warriors instead of just carr.

I am very sad that you dropped one of the most fun things about the playtest, Poison Mutations. It made using Carr Warriors useful, now they still suck as much as they used to but are 2 points cheaper.

somewhat nerfing avoid defeat on him was a good idea IMO.

The best part of this character is that it allows you to bring Yomin out and contribute instead of just leaving him on the back row.

I have 2 questions on the final version though
1.) does the seer extend Us-hrok to 8 squares?

2.) Why no Double Attack?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:20:58 AM

donnyrides wrote:
Us-hrok is great, glad you cleaned up the wording. Like that you went with -2 instead of -1 in the Rapport, but I'm not overly excited that it locks you into carr warriors instead of just carr.

I am very sad that you dropped one of the most fun things about the playtest, Poison Mutations. It made using Carr Warriors useful, now they still suck as much as they used to but are 2 points cheaper.

somewhat nerfing avoid defeat on him was a good idea IMO.

The best part of this character is that it allows you to bring Yomin out and contribute instead of just leaving him on the back row.

I have 2 questions on the final version though
1.) does the seer extend Us-hrok to 8 squares?

2.) Why no Double Attack?

I would say no double because he can get enough attacks at some high damage as is.

I am surprised you all added another ability that punishes me for targeting a piece by allowing you to swap in a different character to take the damage and attack me back.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 12:33:44 PM

Yea, not a fan of the piece, or the new ability. I hate anti attacking abilities. And Ulamog is right up there with the rest of the bad ones. The fact that he gets to attack the piece as well is absurd in my eyes. But oh well. I'm sure in designing the designers were in love with it. Chalk it up to another Anti Melee piece.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:49:01 PM

Okay, I gotta say, I'm a huge fan of the Rogue One crew. I was a little unsure of them at first. I was expecting Cassian to be a Double/GMA/Accurate or Double/GMA/Opportunist kinda piece, and Jyn out-classing everyone else kinda came outta left field. BUT, now that I see Chirrut up there with them, I really like all of them! They have that classic WotC feel to them. They remind me of pieces like Jarael - not super powerful per se, but they've each got a nice package of goodies to offer, and lots of synergies available if you feel like really going for it.
harryg
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:54:59 AM

Absolutely love Unkar whoever designed him deserves a cookie
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:54:27 AM

harryg wrote:
Absolutely love Unkar whoever designed him deserves a cookie

Confused Unkar hasn't been spoiled yet
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:19:14 AM

@shmi15 - I playtested it and it wasn't as powerful as you are imagining it. It comes with a pretty high price tag and doesn't put out that much damage. The trick to him is you just don't attack the one he is protecting. Problem solved. He will make 1 protection strike, but then he is out in the open and available to be beaten into the ground with ease. The intent of this entire set of V14 Vong is pretty clear, they are trying to entice people to play something other than bugs or DL warrior mobs. I don't see anything wrong with trying to push Carr warriors into casual play. No way this push anything new into competitive play though.