RegisterDonateLogin

As wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Creating A Possitive Forum Environment Options
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:56:39 PM
Groups: Member

Okay this stuff is really starting to get on my nerves. Im trying to get my 16 year old brother into this game, but with all of the negativity that comes up on here I really don't want to anymore. I met a kid my brother's age at Gencon and I got his number and permission from his dad to get involved with the community. With the poor environment that gets created continually by specific members, Jen'ari, how can I justify encouraging youths to get on here.

So you don't like a characters design... I do not care!!!So you don't like the Meta... I don't care!!! What I do care about is having bloomilk be a good and positive community where my brother can go to after school and I can feel good about having him on here. Not worry about what he's going to see.

If you want to talk about something, make a constructive discussion and try to not get petty as hell like every argument on here seams to go to. I have been guilty as well and will do my best create a Possitive environment as to.

Designer burnout is a real thing, and part of it is the fact that they put a ton of work into these sets only to be chastised for every tiny little mistake and flogged for every big one. This is not good for the community, PERIOD! To people that post negative comments, your feelings are not more important than keeping bloomilk a good place for my brother. Get over yourself...

I have said my peace... Let me feel good about growing the game.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 10:00:48 PM

+1 🐶
Echo24
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:58:42 AM

I generally avoid posting here because recently whenever I do if it isn't just answering a rules question I'll be personally berated by atmsalad (although you did delete one of the longer and most egregious ones, but well after I had read it). Not to mention how some members of the design team post at length about how "crap" and "stupid" designs they don't like are. So although I almost universally disagree with the way in which jenari makes his points, this post made me laugh.

There's nothing wrong with criticism. But how you say it matters.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:03:21 AM

atmsalad wrote:
Okay this stuff is really starting to get on my nerves. Im trying to get my 16 year old brother into this game, but with all of the negativity that comes up on here I really don't want to anymore. I met a kid my brother's age at Gencon and I got his number and permission from his dad to get involved with the community. With the poor environment that gets created continually by specific members, Jen'ari, how can I justify encouraging youths to get on here.

So you don't like a characters design... I do not care!!!So you don't like the Meta... I don't care!!! What I do care about is having bloomilk be a good and positive community where my brother can go to after school and I can feel good about having him on here. Not worry about what he's going to see.

If you want to talk about something, make a constructive discussion and try to not get petty as hell like every argument on here seams to go to. I have been guilty as well and will do my best create a Possitive environment as to.

Designer burnout is a real thing, and part of it is the fact that they put a ton of work into these sets only to be chastised for every tiny little mistake and flogged for every big one. This is not good for the community, PERIOD! To people that post negative comments, your feelings are not more important than keeping bloomilk a good place for my brother. Get over yourself...

I have said my peace... Let me feel good about growing the game.

ya, so this is like 85% directed at me. which is fine. it is just so pathetic.
Negativity is life. If anyone knows that there has to be a "dark side" it should be those that love Star Wars.

I don't see the problem with encouraging youth. You tell them that people are passionate and fight passionately for their beliefs. It is a GOOD thing.

Ya, I picked on Lor San Tekka's inaccurate and over the top design. Because it is warranted to do so. It JUST so happens that if I say something negative about something that you also find negative I never get these "lets be positive" posts. Once again atm you are showing your self-serving ways. THAT is what is getting old.

Already starting to "fill" the shoes of the UNNAMED leader of SWM, eh?

haha my gosh, we need a leadership committee to put little sith apprentices like yourself in place. Just vying your time to take power. Just keep it quiet. The reason why my negativity is actually a problem for some people is because there is, at least, a shred of truth to them. Lor San Tekka has one of the most powerful SA's that deal with not being able to counter the force. Why? We don't even know if Lor San Tekka was a force user!!

Also, I make a comment that just stands on its own and you have to defend it?
Just leave it alone. I say wow jedi holocron is an ASSASSIN droid.
yep, that happened, its silly, move on. No need to play defense all the time worrying about what people think.

Your brother will have to grow up. He is 16, he can navigate his car, he can navigate this website.

You don't care if I dont like a design? why not?
I care if you don't like a design.
Did you care that people didn't like Daala?
Did you care that people do not like Poggle?

My fight is for integrity of characters, for accuracy of representation.

Your attempt to silence negativity is the pure essence of the Dark Side.
It is absurd.

Leadership committee can be put into place and make such expectations and I would be more willing to listen to it. But make no mistake. You are not the leader of SWM nor will you ever be the unspoken leader of SWM. If you want to be the Lord of SWM. do it the right way. become a part of the council.
I am disgusted by this.
Designer burnout? well leadership committee can help that!!
They are helping ensure designs are well accepted. They are making sure rules in design process are followed. They are making designers ask "DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?"

Stop trying to over step your boundaries and control things without the proper authority to do so.

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:04:08 AM

Go create a safe space.. oh..my..
.goodness... so pathetic
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 4:37:56 AM

I am literally laughing out loud at work over this..in the middle of an audit....next to my boss.... lol...my sixteen....SIXTEEN.....16....as in over a decade and a half year old brother won't be able to handle what? reading that baze malbus should have a big gun...or that lor makes no sense LOL. What will he do when his boss is critical of his work? HAHAHAHAHAHAH I can't stop.... lol. at 16 I was signed with a college for soccer, one year later I was out of my parents house living in a dorm, at 18 I was married for crying out loud...and you don't think he can handle a person named jen'ari asking why a jedi holocron is an assassin droid lol!!! this is freaking hilarious...

LOL LOL LOL LOL

I can't stay away sorry this is jus to funny to me. Maybe you can have some George Soros signs printed from kinkos

man ATM this post is very Hillary Clintonish of you lol. maybe it wasn't you, maybe the Russians leaked this post:

So you don't like a characters design... I do not care!!!
So you don't like the Meta... I don't care!!!

man that is some stuff that should probably not be aired out into the open lol.

Quick ATM have your staff blame the TN group, maybe we can be the new Bloomilk Russians for you to try and fix this huge P.R. gaffe lol.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:02:34 AM

sorry sorry lol... I don't know about positivity but you brought some laughter to this guy's life lol.... thanks atm it was starting off as a bad day lol.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:49:48 AM

theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:18:14 AM

If you are a player of this game, and a piece comes out that you do not like, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that you should not be able to voice that complaint. Trying to silence complaints, and tell people to shut up and keep their thoughts to themselves is not constructive. Everyone that plays this game should be able to read complaints and not freak out. Complaints are a part of every single game because you will not please everyone. The idea that this place should just be the Palace of Zen is crazy talk. If it was, Daala would still be handing out plus 10dmg on her charging, Slave Driver would still be a thing, 10 mouse drop anyone? What about the god awful Naboo. Sep Bombs? Things have changed for the better in this game through complaints. I will never support silencing complaints.
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:24:07 AM

Maybe atm didn't word his post in a way that made everyone happy, but I think we can still get behind the point of his post. I am teaching a 12 year old to play. I haven't yet introduced him to bloomilk, not because of the negativity, but simply because it's a bit overwhelming when you are just starting. However, I'd like to be able to recommend the site to him in the future with no misgivings. There can be quite a lot of bad negativity on this site (and unfortunately I have been the cause of some of it at times) and I think we should think about that. Note that I said bad negativity. Good negativity can be calling out poor design in a constructive manner, since we want the game to improve. Sometimes things need to be called out. However, things like personal attacks is bad negativity, and I don't see a need for that at all.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:28:36 AM

With the poor environment that gets created continually by specific members, Jen'ari, how can I justify encouraging youths to get on here.------ you mean like this directly putting their name in there lol.

I just love how people want to point the finger when they do the exact same thing more often then the person they are blaming does.

I know I am bad for it, wait and see if Bill ever posts on here again lol.
saber1
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:52:09 AM

The key here is keeping criticism "CONSTRUCTIVE". Feedback is essential for future designs. It should be the bumpers on the bowling lane keeping the ball moving toward the goal.

From wiki:

Constructive criticism
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of 'constructive criticism is to improve the outcome. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards.
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:05:33 AM

Saber1, after your post on constructive criticism I went and read Jenari's comments on Lor San Tekka. I invite you to do the same. You tell me if this post publicly pointing him out and blasting him was warranted. I see nothing wrong with his comments.
saber1
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:13:41 AM

theultrastar wrote:
Saber1, after your post on constructive criticism I went and read Jenari's comments on Lor San Tekka. I invite you to do the same. You tell me if this post publicly pointing him out and blasting him was warranted. I see nothing wrong with his comments.

I am neither aiming my post at any one comment nor any one person. Rather, I'm suggesting we all keep the goal of a balanced and fun game with a thriving community in mind before posting. There has been plenty of destructive things said during my years here on BlooMilk. I'd like to see us all be more constructive. ThumbsUp
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:16:54 AM

I can agree with that.
saber1
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:20:44 AM

BlooMilk
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:28:16 AM

I admit I have been guilty of causing the same negative environment I am calling out. We are all passionate about the game and want to see it continue and with a strong community backing it. I know I am not the only one that thinks we have a tendency towards being consistently negative on here though. Kezz would tell his students to use bloomilk for the squad builder, but don't look at the forums.

I am all for constructive criticism, but generally what we have is not constructive, it is bickering, myself included. I owe Daniel an apology, swm is just a game, and you don't deserve the abuse I have personally given you. My apologies and it will not happen again.

Surprisingly this post was not about a Lot Sand Taco. It is about consistently coming onto bloomilk and only finding negativity. Your opinion may be spot on, but we can all do a much better job at how we present ourselves on the boards, myself included.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:47:37 AM

atmsalad wrote:
I admit I have been guilty of causing the same negative environment I am calling out. We are all passionate about the game and want to see it continue and with a strong community backing it. I know I am not the only one that thinks we have a tendency towards being consistently negative on here though. Kezz would tell his students to use bloomilk for the squad builder, but don't look at the forums.

I am all for constructive criticism, but generally what we have is not constructive, it is bickering, myself included. I owe Daniel an apology, swm is just a game, and you don't deserve the abuse I have personally given you. My apologies and it will not happen again.

Surprisingly this post was not about a Lot Sand Taco. It is about consistently coming onto bloomilk and only finding negativity. Your opinion may be spot on, but we can all do a much better job at how we present ourselves on the boards, myself included.

FACTS. I have been very constructive recently.

I have been very positive recently.

The lack of a leadership committee is the issue here. not me.
90% of the things I bring negativity to are done because of lack of leadership.

The way Unkarr Plutt was handled was disgusting.
It traded ONE NPE FOR ANOTHER NPE for someone else.
The way counters are done is disgusting. I played Vong last night against Spry. it was magic for me, but he hated it. he had little chance.
It made an instant NPE for him. WE SHOULD NOT BE TRADING NPE'S FOR OTHER NPE'S. ADDITION: unless the community can come to an agreement. like on the lightsaber ability. You dont here me beating that dead horse anymore, the community spoke its piece
We need direction.

Community is the biggest par tof this game. You have to include everyone atm. not just your version.
You would make a great member of the leadership council, but a terrible unspoken leader. You have proven that you believe that only your npe's are problematic.

TBH you are stuck up and self-righteous when it comes to the path this game should go.

You think that you have the answers.

It's ok for Reserves to be squashed regardless of this or that person, because it should not be here.

FACT: you cannot do it alone. You put Deri, Jim, TheHutts, and deaths_baine on a leadership council with you I will follow that council, but I simply will not follow you.

This is the way it has always been with SWM.

There is a KNOWN list of "leaders" that have tried to take over SWM from the outside and have failed miserably. It is a cycle that needs to be broken. You are nothing special, you are just the new person trying to claw his way to legitimacy by being a good player and voicing his opinions when he wants to.

It is like a timeline. One Sith is taken down and the next, after a short period, shows its face as it sees the opportunity to do so.

Bill was the most known of these. People afraid to say anything and yadda yadda. Its time we learned and you learned that you need a counter for yourself you need someone checking you.

"Who watches the Watchmen?"

The community suffers when you have a secret agenda.

Your attempt to now bury the hatchet falls on deaf ears. there is too much history here to forget it all.

ADDITION: ^^ bury the hatchet with the community as a group, not me individual. I do not find your comment very mean or without a small point or reason to be said
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:52:43 AM

Talk about an interesting morning read! I just read the Lan Sor Tekka comments. And I would rate them on the low side of the 10 scale compared to many other things, lol. I read ATM's post, and it doesn't strike me as rude either. I'm old school, and think people should be able to voice their concerns and opinions about anything and everything they like or dislike. I call it my 1st amendment right.

Now there are some things that are over the top. These are my common sense rules. You should use common sense, and not say these things. But all in all I don't see anything anywhere from anyone who crossed any lines.

But, my thoughts on Lan Sor Tekka. I agree with the idea of him being the answer to Vong being crazy. I know he helped start the Church of the Force, and helped Luke look for multiple Force artifacts. But, to my knowledge, there is no reason to believe that he should allow for Force Users to use Force Powers that can not be prevented. I hate Vong probably more than anyone on Bloo Milk. So do I like that they have a new weakness? Yes. But I think an actual powerful Force User would've been a better choice.

Either way doesn't really matter. I think this character will be good, but the only thing that matters about him is his ability to put Luke in the middle of the map. That is his sole purpose in my eyes. And its a dang good one.

Carry on
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:56:39 AM

But I think like most things there are a balance. And if people wanted to get super fickle they could post a bunch of names up here, designers too, of people posting negative or generally not cool things, and I'm probably on that list too. I think some of the frustration happens because some people don't feel heard, or they don't like how things are done. And there is justification for that sometimes.
Ican honestly admit I was frustrated (and still am) about a recent imbalance. People should be able to voice their opinions and get things changed or else like it was said, Daala and the like would still be going. We do need to get better with constructive criticism in a peaceful manner and at the same time designers need to be able to take that criticism and be cool with people not liking everything that's come out. With the last set it was one of the best bar one piece that as I understand it is under review to be corrected.

So in essence everyone chill out, don't call people out publicly but don't call for revolutions, don't say something that you shouldn't say in person and hey we are still better than the rest of the polarized Internet hahah

Finally:

Everybody love everybody! hahaha.