RegisterDonateLogin

I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Creating A Possitive Forum Environment Options
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:57:24 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
I'll protect him - just like Ferus Olin. BigGrin

A lot of thought went into Baze. I'm still not a fan of the 10dmg choice, but it makes sense with what the designers were going for.

I suggest better thinking, not more thinking.
Here are some good quotes from a political Science class I took in college that deal with determining truth.

Reality can be defined as the truth, the real nature of something

Face reality as it is ... not as you wish it to be

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. - Winston Churchill

We should have our designers memorize these.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:59:27 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Ya, I picked on Lor San Tekka's inaccurate and over the top design. Because it is warranted to do so.

jen'ari
8/24/2017 1:01 AM (Updated: 8/24/2017 1:01 AM)

but like I said, he has a whole vast life that I know NOTHING about. he might fit perfectly. This piece has effectively made it so I will never look into Lor San Tekka. How I wish I can erase who Yaddle is in my brain so I can play her. i don't want Lor San Tekka to become Yaddle. SO FUN!jen'ari
8/24/2017 12:08 AM

Lor San Tekka you make absolutely no sense. But I love you. you are putting a focus on Luke and stopping the Vong. I wish someone else that was actually powerful in the canon verse did this. but you know what. I am going to not look into your back story and I am going to stay ignorant of your youth and therefore not hate your inaccurate design.

ummm..
would you like a force point reroll?
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:01:06 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

By the way, seeing the total solar eclipse in person was beyond amazing.
Anybody else here get to experience totality?

Southern Illinois had the longest duration. Lucky me. Woot
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:01:22 AM

jen'ari wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Ya, I picked on Lor San Tekka's inaccurate and over the top design. Because it is warranted to do so.

jen'ari

but like I said, he has a whole vast life that I know NOTHING about. he might fit perfectly. This piece has effectively made it so I will never look into Lor San Tekka. How I wish I can erase who Yaddle is in my brain so I can play her. i don't want Lor San Tekka to become Yaddle. SO FUN!jen'ari

Lor San Tekka you make absolutely no sense. But I love you. you are putting a focus on Luke and stopping the Vong. I wish someone else that was actually powerful in the canon verse did this. but you know what. I am going to not look into your back story and I am going to stay ignorant of your youth and therefore not hate your inaccurate design.

ummm..

no wait wait... I think someone will come in and use defender on it lol.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:02:50 AM

Ok, I have always prided myself on being a neutral party and a bridge builder so I guess its time to bring out my hammer and nails and start building a bridge. The whole title of this thread is creating a positive environment and I agree that there needs to be a positive environment created here. I wholeheartedly support ATM's thought process behind it, but don't agree with how it came across. The mistake that was made here was singling someone out when starting this thread which quite frankly when considering the person in question is essentially starting a war, sort of like the Vietnam conflict with no real resolution.

Quite frankly, there has been a lot of negativity on the boards my entire freaking minis career. If it wasn't one group of people it was another, and it's led to a destructive cycle of bitter rhetoric that does nothing to really further the game. I do sincerely agree that it needs to be curbed. I'm not pointing out any specific individual or group, because quite frankly at one point or another 90% of us have been that person. I truly believe that this board should be more like a safe space because quite frankly, you don't know what a persons life is like. (Note I am speaking in hypotheticals here) What if ATM's brother is surrounded by a negative environment whether it be at home or school, or work etc and then Bloomilk which could offer a space to escape from it all become a negative environment too. Negativity breeds negativity and it could end up eclipsing the positive things in life. IT could be that way for anyone. Quite frankly, we already have to deal with the nonsense that is the Liberals vs the Conservatives and the hateful rhetoric that spews from both sides. No one is willing to build a bridge.

As a member of the Hall of Fame and thus by default an ambassador of the game that we love, I would be remiss in not pointing out that both sides have had enough bitter arguments and it needs to stop. Heck sit down and take a few minutes before you respond to someone instead of shooting from the hip. Essentially if you go off half-cocked on someone/something then your bound to provoke the exact same response and we're right back to where we were at the beginning of this thread. I think we can disagree on stuff without it having to devolve into a flame war or an argument.

My thoughts here is that ATM is wanting to create a safe place for others to come to, and not have to deal with the negativity, while Jen'ari wants to be able to freely express his opinion on stuff without being called out by name. So lets make this a safe place, and lets voice our opinions on things we don't like in a civil manner. Now you two shake hands, hug, hold hands and sing Kumbayah. That way I can say I HAVE BROUGHT PEACE TO MY NEW EMPIRE! Ermm, yeah maybe not my empire but you get the point.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:03:47 AM

swinefeld wrote:
By the way, seeing the total solar eclipse in person was beyond amazing.
Anybody else here get to experience totality?

Southern Illinois had the longest duration. Lucky me. Woot

No totality here, but I have an amazing eclipse story. We're re-watching the Wonder Years, and on the very day of the solar eclipse we just happened upon the Wonder Years episode that has a total eclipse. So crazy. Also, Kevin Arnold is a complete jerk. I never noticed it when I was watching the show as a kid.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:04:56 AM

jen'ari wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

jen'ari

ummm..

never mind.

I am guessing you are saying that since I know nothing about his past life that I can't know if it is an inaccurate design?

the value judgement being that i don't know about Lor San Tekka enough to make that judgement?

ok. I think you should re-read what I wrote.

I am saying that I am willing to not look into this character because I know it is inaccurate, but I have no proof that it is inaccurate.

That position makes it so that it is not a moral judgement. I am stopping myself from being able to pass judgement. I am saying "based on what I know, it makes no sense" but I am going to hold off proving that so I can remain in a state of "I know its wrong, but can't prove it so I am stuck" if I did prove it I would than hate the piece.

It is a LACK of judgment.

now recant
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:07:27 AM

Turkey Hill over in PA is a pretty good substitute for Homemade Brand. It's made very close to where I am, so the price is not much more than the store brand but the quality is almost as good as Homemade/Edy's/Dreyers.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:09:15 AM

jen'ari wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

jen'ari

ummm..

never mind.

I am guessing you are saying that since I know nothing about his past life that I can't know if it is an inaccurate design?

the value judgement being that i don't know about Lor San Tekka enough to make that judgement?

I am saying that I am willing to not look into this character because I know it is inaccurate, but I have no proof that it is inaccurate.

That position makes it so that it is not a moral judgement. I am stopping myself from being able to pass judgement. I am saying "based on what I know, it makes no sense" but I am going to hold off proving that so I can remain in a state of "I know its wrong, but can't prove it so I am stuck" if I did prove it I would than hate the piece.

now recant

that too complicated an answer just say this... what about lor san tekka ever made it to where people couldn't cancel force powers or would make vong affected by them.... nothing... ok now recant.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:09:18 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Ok, I have always prided myself on being a neutral party and a bridge builder so I guess its time to bring out my hammer and nails and start building a bridge. The whole title of this thread is creating a positive environment and I agree that there needs to be a positive environment created here. I wholeheartedly support ATM's thought process behind it, but don't agree with how it came across. The mistake that was made here was singling someone out when starting this thread which quite frankly when considering the person in question is essentially starting a war, sort of like the Vietnam conflict with no real resolution.

Quite frankly, there has been a lot of negativity on the boards my entire freaking minis career. If it wasn't one group of people it was another, and it's led to a destructive cycle of bitter rhetoric that does nothing to really further the game. I do sincerely agree that it needs to be curbed. I'm not pointing out any specific individual or group, because quite frankly at one point or another 90% of us have been that person. I truly believe that this board should be more like a safe space because quite frankly, you don't know what a persons life is like. (Note I am speaking in hypotheticals here) What if ATM's brother is surrounded by a negative environment whether it be at home or school, or work etc and then Bloomilk which could offer a space to escape from it all become a negative environment too. Negativity breeds negativity and it could end up eclipsing the positive things in life. IT could be that way for anyone. Quite frankly, we already have to deal with the nonsense that is the Liberals vs the Conservatives and the hateful rhetoric that spews from both sides. No one is willing to build a bridge.

As a member of the Hall of Fame and thus by default an ambassador of the game that we love, I would be remiss in not pointing out that both sides have had enough bitter arguments and it needs to stop. Heck sit down and take a few minutes before you respond to someone instead of shooting from the hip. Essentially if you go off half-cocked on someone/something then your bound to provoke the exact same response and we're right back to where we were at the beginning of this thread. I think we can disagree on stuff without it having to devolve into a flame war or an argument.

My thoughts here is that ATM is wanting to create a safe place for others to come to, and not have to deal with the negativity, while Jen'ari wants to be able to freely express his opinion on stuff without being called out by name. So lets make this a safe place, and lets voice our opinions on things we don't like in a civil manner. Now you two shake hands, hug, hold hands and sing Kumbayah. That way I can say I HAVE BROUGHT PEACE TO MY NEW EMPIRE! Ermm, yeah maybe not my empire but you get the point.

WHAT?
what the heck?
Where is all this I don't want to be called out stuff coming from?

look atm has a point. but is not offering a working solution, that is the issue at large. What is the solution?

So far I have presented a solution (leadership committee) and the other solution is a safe space.

I want to be called out by name, i just want to be called out for a reason. I don't want to be called out with hypocrisy in ones tone with self-righteousness in their eyes.

I am also saying that ATM is of the mind that he is the reason why changes happen. If you do not believe me ask him. His threads are ALWAYS presenting himself as the person who has fought for this and fought for that.

HAHAHA. as if I havent been here fighting for those changes longer than anyone.
I told atm once. I bring up something and it happens 2 years later.

Quite frankly it is time to move away from atm or timmerb or bill or daniel having too much a say in things. It is time for the community to have clear and TRANSPARENT leadership.

Direct question:
atm why will you not publicly support a leadership committee?

so far I am left to believe that it is because you feel you can get the changes you want done by doing the same things that have been done for the previous couple of years.
Which is problematic because we all know without a doubt that you have your own set of ideas and only fight for the things you find necessary.
You have found some success in doing so. and also some failures as well. You are fallible.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:10:30 AM

UUHHHHHH urbanjedi joined the thread!!!! woot he gets a starwars persona as well.

Urban you can be... mace windu I think that fits.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:11:00 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

jen'ari

ummm..

never mind.

now recant

that too complicated an answer just say this... what about lor san tekka ever made it to where people couldn't cancel force powers or would make vong affected by them.... nothing... ok now recant.

Yes well, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that there is something in his past that is actually accurate to that ability.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:14:57 AM

Did you know that Edy's and Dreyer's are the same company? But there's also Breyer's ice cream? Confusing, right? They use the Dreyer's name out west but Edy's in the east. Not sure why. Breyer's is almost as expensive as the other premium brands but I don't like it nearly as much.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:20:06 AM

The Hutts:

you can be---ki-adi-mundi
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:23:16 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Turkey Hill over in PA is a pretty good substitute for Homemade Brand. It's made very close to where I am, so the price is not much more than the store brand but the quality is almost as good as Homemade/Edy's/Dreyers.

Flying Arrow keeps talking about ice cream. I can just see him now at the Turkey Hill moving each tub of ice cream 3 spaces on the shelves while the stock boy is glaring at him in the background.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:23:38 AM

Just for those that missed it...

Here is where I am coming from

We have a fun game right now.

We have a great balance committee and play testing committee

We have decent balance

Right now, nothing should be messed up. We should continue doing these things. We need someone to protect what has been done.

All the work that has been put into the game should not be unnoticed or taken lightly. ("over a game" sentiments).

This should be safeguarded.

Lets be honest. We all know who tries to grab some hold on what happens and the direction SW goes. I do it too, publicly and before the community.

I do not think that is right either. I would like to bear my grievances, be heard, and let people I trust decide.

Right now we have no official or unofficial leader. The groups have kind of been beaten back in alot of ways by community desire.

This HAS to continue. It is essential. Especially for us TN guys who have seen the growth and the changes and the fun the game has offered. More of the same will not cut it.

Criticism has to be heard. If there is no council to hear it and make a judgement than it has to be brought before the community.

Constructive criticism is a joke in the world of SWM. We have tried that, but with no power behind it. The only time anything I have ever said got anywhere is if
1) the community backed me
2) an elite backed me

As we see the Elites pushing their own agenda we start to focus more on the community. The community will always be divided.
Leadership committee is the bridge and the wall.

It stops others from trying to take advantage of the SWM system and it connects the leaders to the community.

You will ALWAYS have selfish tendencies when you are working by yourself or a chosen group.

I do not want to have to forever fight someone who has grabbed power to do this or that with the game that I love and care about.
I want a way to stop the power grab. history has repeated itself here on bloo mutliple times. You want positivity? you should be finding a way to bridge opposing views.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:26:25 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Flying Arrow keeps talking about ice cream. I can just see him now at the Turkey Hill moving each tub of ice cream 3 spaces on the shelves while the stock boy is glaring at him in the background.

Sometime I take Barriss Offee to the freezer just to see what happens when I move ice cream around her. It's never very exciting, though.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:36:34 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Sometime I take Barriss Offee to the freezer just to see what happens when I move ice cream around her. It's never very exciting, though.

Lol I want to place star wars minis on random places now and we if people take them home and stuff.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:39:43 AM

Bill is unkar plutt...can someone inform him for me
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:41:12 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

My favorite flavor is Ysalimiri. You can only find it at Myrkr Hill, and you have to pay with a credit karrde.