RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you stronger, gives you focus...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Creating A Possitive Forum Environment Options
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:59:01 AM
Groups: Member

I agree that we should not be trading NPE's for NPE'. Part of that comes from fixing broken pieves before NPE counters are made for them. I am not going to debate you or defend what I think are NPE's and what designs went to far. We all have our opinions, but there are constructive ways of talking about them.

My opinion is no more or less important than anyone elses and I am not going to ever make decisions like it is. The "I don't care comments" are in regards to starting flame wars over every petty thing. You want to talk about a changes? Great, but let's keep it civil at least, myself included.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:08:30 AM

atmsalad wrote:
I agree that we should not be trading NPE's for NPE'. Part of that comes from fixing broken pieves before NPE counters are made for them. I am not going to debate you or defend what I think are NPE's and what designs went to far. We all have our opinions, but there are constructive ways of talking about them.

My opinion is no more or less important than anyone elses and I am not going to ever make decisions like it is. The "I don't care comments" are in regards to starting flame wars over every petty thing. You want to talk about a changes? Great, but let's keep it civil at least, myself included.

Is this what one would call "taking the high ground"?
So political
hahaha little push and retreat. little whisper here and there with a certain policy in mind.

Sounds a lot like Palpatine...

Apprentice trying to become the master.

Say whatever you want to try to make everything sound alright.
fact is that you don't actually care if a design is accurate or if it makes sense or if a play style was destroyed without community support or if an NPE is still in play or if factions are disproportionate.

You have your ideas and go for it. so this "my opinion is not any more important" bologna is insulting.
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:09:49 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Talk about an interesting morning read! I just read the Lan Sor Tekka comments. And I would rate them on the low side of the 10 scale compared to many other things, lol. I read ATM's post, and it doesn't strike me as rude either. I'm old school, and think people should be able to voice their concerns and opinions about anything and everything they like or dislike. I call it my 1st amendment right.

Now there are some things that are over the top. These are my common sense rules. You should use common sense, and not say these things. But all in all I don't see anything anywhere from anyone who crossed any lines.

But, my thoughts on Lan Sor Tekka. I agree with the idea of him being the answer to Vong being crazy. I know he helped start the Church of the Force, and helped Luke look for multiple Force artifacts. But, to my knowledge, there is no reason to believe that he should allow for Force Users to use Force Powers that can not be prevented. I hate Vong probably more than anyone on Bloo Milk. So do I like that they have a new weakness? Yes. But I think an actual powerful Force User would've been a better choice.

Either way doesn't really matter. I think this character will be good, but the only thing that matters about him is his ability to put Luke in the middle of the map. That is his sole purpose in my eyes. And its a dang good one.

Carry on

On Lot Sand Taco: The idea, as I understand it, is that the unwavering belief that the force is in everything helps to strengthen a Jedis link to the force and allow him to effect the vong and such. Vongsense was coined by Anakin or Jacen Solo I believe, but I am not 100% certain, but essentially it is the same thing. Drawing on the little force the vong have in order to have an effect on them.
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:27:44 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Is this what one would call "taking the high ground"?
So political
hahaha little push and retreat. little whisper here and there with a certain policy in mind.

Sounds a lot like Palpatine...

Apprentice trying to become the master.

Say whatever you want to try to make everything sound alright.
fact is that you don't actually care if a design is accurate or if it makes sense or if a play style was destroyed without community support or if an NPE is still in play or if factions are disproportionate.

You have your ideas and go for it. so this "my opinion is not any more important" bologna is insulting.

I find it very hard too believe that you could be insulted by anything I say... Also, there isn't a thing I could say that you wouldn't attack or claim to be bologna. "Sounds a lot like Palpatine..." You do enjoy being overly dramatic, lol

All those things you listed that I supposedly do not care about, I do care about them. However, arguing with you proves absolutely nothing...
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:30:53 AM

ahh what would a Thursday morning without bloomilk be, I love it.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:33:34 AM

Flame war? Hardly. Nowhere near the heat of BillIV and denmiller mixing it up with MandaloredaBeast and Darthjak.
(before Bill and Jack actually met and discovered they were not SWM's evil incarnate)
Ah, the good old days. Laugh
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:39:55 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The "negativity" problem on this site happens when responses start being more about the posters than the topic. At that point it becomes just bickering between personalities.

Discuss topics. Leave out little jabs, however subtle one might think they are.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:42:50 AM

atmsalad wrote:

I find it very hard too believe that you could be insulted by anything I say... Also, there isn't a thing I could say that you wouldn't attack or claim to be bologna. "Sounds a lot like Palpatine..." You do enjoy being overly dramatic, lol

All those things you listed that I supposedly do not care about, I do care about them. However, arguing with you proves absolutely nothing...

Quite right, I was not insulted. I said it was insulting.

I do not give you the power to make me feel insulted for I know you come from the shadow.

Look is Palpatine and sith lord a bit of hyperbole? yes.

FACT there is some truth to it and the connections are there and we have seen it before.

"Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

The cycle I am referencing is starting right now. With you as the person who now feels ready to take over the heart and direction of SWM.

Everyone can feel this in its subtle ways.

From the berating behind the scenes to the public displays. One must look with a magnifying glass sometimes to see what is trying to be hidden in plain sight. It is a hard thing to do.

but the good thing is that we have had a lot of history to learn from.

This is no different.

How it must be so hard for you that I am in your way.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:59:33 AM

jen'ari wrote:

Here is an example of what I was getting at above. Unnecessary in a public post.

I'm not singling out Jen'ari here, for the record.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:04:23 AM

jen'ari wrote:
atmsalad wrote:

I do not give you the power to make me feel insulted for I know you come from the shadow.

FACT there is some truth to it and the connections are there and we have seen it before.

The cycle I am referencing is starting right now. With you as the person who now feels ready to take over the heart and direction of SWM.

From the berating behind the scenes to the public displays. One must look with a magnifying glass sometimes to see what is trying to be hidden in plain sight. It is a hard thing to do.

This is no different.

Oooo!!! So spooky. Guess that makes you Obi-Wan?
All over a game. LOL
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:16:11 AM

swinefeld wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Here is an example of what I was getting at above. Unnecessary in a public post.

I'm not singling out Jen'ari here, for the record.

I see where you are coming from.

Here is where I am coming from

We have a fun game right now.

We have a great balance committee and play testing committee

We have decent balance

Right now, nothing should be messed up. We should continue doing these things. We need someone to protect what has been done.

All the work that has been put into the game should not be unnoticed or taken lightly. ("over a game" sentiments).

This should be safeguarded.

Lets be honest. We all know who tries to grab some hold on what happens and the direction SW goes. I do it too, publicly and before the community.

I do not think that is right either. I would like to bear my grievances, be heard, and let people I trust decide.

Right now we have no official or unofficial leader. The groups have kind of been beaten back in alot of ways by community desire.

This HAS to continue. It is essential. Especially for us TN guys who have seen the growth and the changes and the fun the game has offered. More of the same will not cut it.

Criticism has to be heard. If there is no council to hear it and make a judgement than it has to be brought before the community.

Constructive criticism is a joke in the world of SWM. We have tried that, but with no power behind it. The only time anything I have ever said got anywhere is if
1) the community backed me
2) an elite backed me

As we see the Elites pushing their own agenda we start to focus more on the community. The community will always be divided.
Leadership committee is the bridge and the wall.

It stops others from trying to take advantage of the SWM system and it connects the leaders to the community.

You will ALWAYS have selfish tendencies when you are working by yourself or a chosen group.

I do not want to have to forever fight someone who has grabbed power to do this or that with the game that I love and care about.
I want a way to stop the power grab. history has repeated itself here on bloo mutliple times. You want positivity? you should be finding a way to bridge opposing views.

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:16:57 AM

juice man wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
atmsalad wrote:

This is no different.

Oooo!!! So spooky. Guess that makes you Obi-Wan?
All over a game. LOL

no I claimed obi-wan like 2 weeks ago, he is luke skywalker, prone to emotional responses, but probably the one responsible for the redemption of minis.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:19:50 AM

ohhhh atm you can be Anakin.... start off a fledgling with all the promise to become the most powerful person ever.... but get seduced to the dark side and destroy the light, only to be redeemed and bring balance to the force in the end anyways. I love it.ThumpUp
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:20:37 AM

swine you can be yoda..... the sage that knows it is all going to happen and just tries to minimize the causalities on the way to balance.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:22:31 AM

I'm loving this...

Echo24 you can jolee bindo.

The grey jedi that is isolated but has a wealth of knowledge ready to impart on someone. when that someone comes along you can rejoin them for the ride.
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:23:05 AM

Jen'ari, If I am Darth Sideous then that would make you amidala asking for a vote of no confidence and jar jar requesting emergency powers all rolled into one 😂. You say I have a hidden agenda, but your plan of having a committee of 5 controlling the direction of the game would give me more individual control than I could ever have without it.

You say I don't care about the opinion of the community, but you want me to be one of 5 controlling the direction of the game? This is some of the best double talk I have ever seen! 😂😂
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:23:28 AM

Theultrastar....

you're cad bane
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:24:19 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
swine you can be yoda..... the sage that knows it is all going to happen and just tries to minimize the causalities on the way to balance.

LOL
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:24:45 AM

atmsalad wrote:
If I am Darth Sideous then that would make you amidala asking for a vote of no confidence and jar jar requesting emergency powers all rolled into one 😂. You say I have a hidden agenda, but your plan of having a committee of 5 controlling the direction of the game would give me more individual control than I could ever have without it.

You say I don't care about the opinion of the community, but you want me to be one of 5 controlling the direction of the game? This is some of the best double talk I have ever seen! 😂😂

I don't think you understand politics enough to be sid... definitely anakin all smash and grab no subtle skill good sir.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:25:54 AM

DarkDracul....

Admittedly I don't know you enough to really assign you a starwars persona... so you can be......... kyp durron